+1 WG :great:

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

Dsembr_Rein #22 Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10149 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Giving the bots the gift of gab is fine, I suppose, but they shouldn't say things like "*Player Name*, we should train 1 on 1 after this." or "Looking for a clan!". It comes across as disingenuous and tacky.

FlakValleyExpress #23 Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:13 AM

Captain

• 11948 battles

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 25 September 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

Giving the bots the gift of gab is fine, I suppose, but they shouldn't say things like "*Player Name*, we should train 1 on 1 after this." or "Looking for a clan!". It comes across as disingenuous and tacky.

or "Hax!", or "this is the third time on this map today", or "I'll get you next time", or the biggest one is "Cover me" when they decide to go alone with no support surrounded by six of the enemy.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

EspressoForHammy #24 Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4979 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
I had one say, "This is unfair, the humans are OP."

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Rob7183 #25 Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 17172 battles
  • [SF] SF
The complete randomness of bot teams' competency levels makes me wonder if you guys are testing to see what skill level represents a "neutral" value.  At least, I hope you are.  The skill level varies too much for it to be completely random.  And didn't yet fix the bot ability to track planes anywhere on map by both location and altitude.  Also, things only seem "so" random with bots.  They seem to be able to crit and cause fires at easily twice the rate of a human player, along with ridiculous accuracy numbers.  30-35% accuracy rates in AA combat?  Just how many consumable and premium ammo equivalents are you giving our computer opponents?  Their flight pathing is sometimes good, sometimes meh, but they rarely miss.  They seem massively better attacking than defending.  Near impossible to shake if one gets on you, much harder than the majority of humans.  Closer to average if you get on one of them, with a bit more random skill levels thrown in.

Rob7183.png 

CaptainJoeyCusack #26 Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9264 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

Also to note:   Rockets even though you only select to carry half or any amount besides all of them does not work. In the setting it will show your desired selection correctly however when flight starts you have the default full amount. Not in all the crafts but most of them. Maybe you forgot to enable it?  

Also this RPG thing with some of the bots being insanely good is a bit much. Its better then the first test in the sense that all around its a much better feel , the rounds take a bit longer and things like that. As well as a few rounds ending with GA's being the last ones alive which is good Because in 1st test GA's served no more purpose in the game. But I have seen about 10 out of 12 rounds in a row where a BOT gets a ace in every one.  And in a ludicrous manner. Hopefully I explained that the right way. 

WarthogCC #27 Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 2879 battles

Yeah I came back to WoWP after a few months and my first impression after one match...

"Where did this goofy GUI sound come from and why can't I turn it off anymore?"  (There used to be an "interface sound" setting in the options.)

"Why is there an unrealistic GUI sound in battle when I drop bombs or launch rockets?"  (That was not there before.  Eww)

C'mon WG.  We're flying WWI and WWII aircraft and there is this annoying new 21st-century sci-fi "blip" sound in there now?  And you removed the option to turn it off?  What made you think that would be cool?

One more note that's not sound related.  What happened to the queue sizes at any time of day?  There used to be plenty of people playing.  Now I wait 5 minutes for a match with 3 ppl on each side.

Edited by WarthogCC, 25 September 2015 - 06:31 PM.

dityboycom #28 Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostWarthogCC, on 25 September 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Yeah I came back to WoWP after a few months and my first impression after one match...

"Where did this goofy GUI sound come from and why can't I turn it off anymore?"  (There used to be an "interface sound" setting in the options.)

"Why is there an unrealistic GUI sound in battle when I drop bombs or launch rockets?"  (That was not there before.  Eww)

C'mon WG.  We're flying WWI and WWII aircraft and there is this annoying new 21st-century sci-fi "blip" sound in there now?  And you removed the option to turn it off?  What made you think that would be cool?

One more note that's not sound related.  What happened to the queue sizes at any time of day?  There used to be plenty of people playing.  Now I wait 5 minutes for a match with 3 ppl on each side.

Queue minimums are 3v3, with minimal balancing, currently flights are designated on opposite sides, and that is the extent of MM balance.

Once 6 players are eligible for a game the game drops near immediately. Rarely you will see larger games.

WOW

WarthogCC #29 Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:21 PM

Senior Airman

• 2879 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 25 September 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

Queue minimums are 3v3, with minimal balancing, currently flights are designated on opposite sides, and that is the extent of MM balance.

Once 6 players are eligible for a game the game drops near immediately. Rarely you will see larger games.

I understand all that.  I play tiers 1-6.  As you say, the 3v3 is supposed to be the "mimimum".  But I am seeing it as always 3v3 in any tier.  It does not matter what time of day, what aircraft you chose, or what server you are on.  The popularity of WoWP just went down to the bottom.  But that is all superflous, as I was mainly talking about the annoying GUI sounds.

But I solved that already.  They may have removed the option to turn GUI sounds off.  But you can go into \World of Warplanes\res\audio and rename common_ui.bnk to common_ui.bak or something similar and it removes the annoyance.  Thanks.

Edited by WarthogCC, 25 September 2015 - 08:24 PM.

HZero #30 Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 6100 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Positive:

Bots are needed at this point, and the AI is good enough to release into the wild.

Negative:

Everything else.

Selling belts for gold only is unacceptable.  I understand the argument is that they aren't the "best" but they do offer an advantage that can only be bought with real money.

Overhauling the damage and critical system (yet again) was a complete waste of developer hours.  This system is no better or worse.  There are better things to be spending time on. 

Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

Tonzzo #31 Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:40 PM

Captain

• 19554 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostHZero, on 25 September 2015 - 09:53 PM, said:

Positive:

Bots are needed at this point, and the AI is good enough to release into the wild.

Negative:

Everything else.

Selling belts for gold only is unacceptable.  I understand the argument is that they aren't the "best" but they do offer an advantage that can only be bought with real money.

Overhauling the damage and critical system (yet again) was a complete waste of developer hours.  This system is no better or worse.  There are better things to be spending time on.

QFT +1

Fuzzybrainlizard #32 Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:43 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7315 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
Bots remind me of HAL from 2001 Space Odyssey.  Creepy machinations.
Fuzzybrainlizard

oldiowaguy #33 Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15548 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostFuzzybrainlizard, on 25 September 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

Bots remind me of HAL from 2001 Space Odyssey.  Creepy machinations.

Yep, bots talk smack now!  One said "We're going to get you." before the match.   Another bot said "Hax" after getting shot down. It was answered by "AIM better" from another bot!

TexasTC #34 Posted 27 September 2015 - 02:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1570 battles

I am getting a lot of packet loss today, all day. I don't know if its just me or client side. But it has been near unplayable at times.

fixed. kicked my kid off of youtube and sent him to bed. Took my WiFi back like a boss.

Edited by TexasTC, 27 September 2015 - 03:00 PM.

tj1sooners #35 Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

Senior Airman

• 14214 battles
  • [SF] SF
I noticed that about the lopsided victories seems like one side get a big advantage over the other. I thought it was just me shooting at enemy bots forever and not getting a kill only to have five other bots swarm on you and take you out very quickly no matter what evasive moves you try

tj1sooners #36 Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:26 AM

Senior Airman

• 14214 battles
  • [SF] SF
Yeah i'm done on here till next update it's no fun at all for a mediocre pilot like me 

CaptainJoeyCusack #37 Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9264 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

View Posttj1sooners, on 27 September 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

I noticed that about the lopsided victories seems like one side get a big advantage over the other. I thought it was just me shooting at enemy bots forever and not getting a kill only to have five other bots swarm on you and take you out very quickly no matter what evasive moves you try

Yea for sure. I just had 18 straight losses in a row. Didn't matter if I killed human 1st or I died last or hid. Its like its preprogrammed. And kinda easy to see from the planes they pick on each side.  All of these were 1 human each side BOTS anywhere from 7-10 on each. 

I guess WG will be extremist in all that they do. So we know before the fix the BOTS could locate last humans or bots (enemy) instantly using ESP. Now its crazy oppesite. If BOTS are last alive hold on to your seats as they cant locate enemy GA to save there life. They look in the stratosphere until times out even though the enemy GA is lighting up the map hitting GT. There is no neutral area with WG .

SystemRename_999888 #38 Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22888 battles
OK.... it was a total LOL snot-to-screen moment when one of the bots accused me of HAX.
A deeper understanding of the difference between a fad and a fashion statement will enable you to win a fashion fueled guessing game. 

dityboycom #39 Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostRock18, on 28 September 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

OK.... it was a total LOL snot-to-screen moment when one of the bots accused me of HAX.

Yeah, until you read the sames messages every single game.

Two bots talk about their planes

One complains about MM and then lawn darts

others talk about how good they are

then two discuss not distracting humans

Really, it seems as if they're trying to make it seem like there are not bots in the game, but the limited vocabulary will lead people to believe there is only bots in the game, and no humans. Which is not far off 7 bots to 1 human ratio is pretty ridiculous, and the only way it goes down is if more people get picked up by MM. Yet MM is still broken and will only take planes that are completely balanced, even though the game is being filled out by bots. Plus, the bots over zealous focus firing, its pretty ridiculous when there is only two humans in the game and the bots on the other team just happen to pick you first. There really is no avoiding 7 air planes at once, especially when 3 of the 7 can't miss.

Overall, the bots are a disappointment, they are better than your average WOWP player, but that probably will be more of an issue than a positive. I only hope this patch does something other than what it is obviously going to do.

Edited by dityboycom, 28 September 2015 - 11:53 AM.

WOW

TexasTC #40 Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1570 battles
yeah I had an extreme losing streak yesterday as well. And that's saying something since I'm a less than 50% wins pilot already. Someone mentioned an 0-18 streak I probably had one like that or more. It does seem like the bots vary greatly in skill but the higher skill ones seem to be groupled together on one side or the other sometimes. I just had a 9v9 match with 2v2 humans, I went 6 kills and assisted on the other 3 opponents in an LA7 so I'm thinkin I got to be on the good side that time, that's only my second ACE ever and first time with 6. I like em like that lol. To bad I gotta go to work now.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users