• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #1 Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1315 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Hello Pilots!

The WoWP Public test #2 is now available! Please update your CT game clients.

An addition please post your feedback here in this thread. 

Please see this list of changes:

Spoiler

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Tonzzo #2 Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

Captain

• 19554 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Get rid of the wind noise....  It gets exhausting after a while and is annoying....  Actually just put sounds back the way they were....

Also we all voted pretty unanimously that the ammo belts should be purchasable via credits instead of gold only.....

subwolve #3 Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5104 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
I'm okay with most of the sounds but the wind noise needs to go

dityboycom #4 Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Fix for the "Pneumatic engine restarter" and "First aid kit" consumables characteristics. Now they can be used only once per battle.

Yeah, that's what we needed, useless consumables being nerfed even more. :facepalm:

View PostTonzzo, on 24 September 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

Get rid of the wind noise....  It gets exhausting after a while and is annoying....  Actually just put sounds back the way they were....

Also we all voted pretty unanimously that the ammo belts should be purchasable via credits instead of gold only.....

Make sure your engine noise is up in your sound settings, I realized that mine was down this weekend when gang pointed it out. Since I don't redownload a fresh CT client, it still had my settings from 1.7 when they couldn't get the engine sound right.

WOW

Noreaga #5 Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

quick note that the bullet stream passes through the bottom of the crosshair again, need to aim a full half crosshair above my aiming point. 

Reproduced with two different cross hairs.

especially apparent in zoom/sniper mode

less of an issue on free camera on the second to last and last zoom out

by modding the cross air and moving it down a bit my hit ration started to return to normal (suggest checking the 1.4 suggestions and comments, its almost exactly the same as back then.) 

with the new damage model and the rate at which things overheat now, i would also suggest making the rng cone a little tighter.

Hanger load times still sluggish.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Psicko23 #6 Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18508 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Holy crap, they actually fixed some things in CT before release? That's a step in the right direction. Still more to go from what I understand. I haven't been able to play at all the last two weeks or so. I'll give it a shot on Friday or Saturday. 

dityboycom #7 Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPsicko23, on 24 September 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

Holy crap, they actually fixed some things in CT before release? That's a step in the right direction. Still more to go from what I understand. I haven't been able to play at all the last two weeks or so. I'll give it a shot on Friday or Saturday. 

Yeah its pretty impressive, the last time they did this was 1.6

WOW

losttwo #8 Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:37 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
instead of charging gold for ammo please charge gold for posting in the forums.

FlakValleyExpress #9 Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:59 PM

Captain

• 11948 battles
Use the same thread for reporting Bugs?

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

Arkaiko #10 Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1306 battles

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 24 September 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Agree with the ammo belts for gold should be for credits.

i agree with that, but in fact the armor piercing is the best ammo u can get :s, if they put all ammo for credits, ill still use the AP, more critical chances and good chance of fire

dityboycom #11 Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostArkaiko, on 24 September 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

i agree with that, but in fact the armor piercing is the best ammo u can get :s, if they put all ammo for credits, ill still use the AP, more critical chances and good chance of fire

Yeah,  but if you're running a standard account you won't be able to run AP ammo unless you have a favorite premium to fly 2 times every time you want to fly something else once.

WOW

Arkaiko #12 Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1306 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 24 September 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

Yeah,  but if you're running a standard account you won't be able to run AP ammo unless you have a favorite premium to fly 2 times every time you want to fly something else once.

and if they change all ammo to credits?

that will change?

Tonzzo #13 Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:31 PM

Captain

• 19554 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostArkaiko, on 24 September 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

and if they change all ammo to credits?

that will change?

um....  don't you think that should change to?  Look the point is that anything that makes it easier to win but costs gold to get is P2W (Pay to Win)...  Something that all WG products stayed away from as it is not inline with F2P (Free to Play)....  Sure buying premium time helps speed up the grind's of XP and Credits.....  But it wont help you win more.....  Sure buying a premium plane will make more credits and help speed up the grind on pilots....  But the plane itself is usually underpowered or has no increased ability in getting a win in.....  Don't get me wrong I have spent A LOT of money on this game.....  But if I was to consistently run GOLD rounds in low tiers......  I would kill any hope of new players wanting to stick around......  In the long run WG would lose money not make it.....  :coin:

Arkaiko #14 Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1306 battles
consumables should completely repair, like in the last versions, and the gold consumables should get an "auto use" or get more uses, but that "partially repaired" is bad

Edited by Arkaiko, 24 September 2015 - 09:43 PM.

Arkaiko #15 Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1306 battles

View PostTonzzo, on 24 September 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

um....  don't you think that should change to?  Look the point is that anything that makes it easier to win but costs gold to get is P2W (Pay to Win)...  Something that all WG products stayed away from as it is not inline with F2P (Free to Play)....  Sure buying premium time helps speed up the grind's of XP and Credits.....  But it wont help you win more.....  Sure buying a premium plane will make more credits and help speed up the grind on pilots....  But the plane itself is usually underpowered or has no increased ability in getting a win in.....  Don't get me wrong I have spent A LOT of money on this game.....  But if I was to consistently run GOLD rounds in low tiers......  I would kill any hope of new players wanting to stick around......  In the long run WG would lose money not make it.....  :coin:

u even read the last posts????????:facepalm:

View PostArkaiko, on 24 September 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

i say that... i want credit ammo too, but ill stay using the AP (that should be cheaper)

View Postdityboycom, on 24 September 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

Dity was complaining about credits, not me..

ty

Edited by Arkaiko, 24 September 2015 - 09:39 PM.

Tonzzo #16 Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

Captain

• 19554 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostArkaiko, on 24 September 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

u even read the last posts????????:facepalm:

i say that... i want credit ammo too, but ill stay using the AP (that should be cheaper)

Dity was complaining about credits, not me..

ty

So you think that AP is the best?  This new patch brings forth the RNG world of Crit hits....  So you fly with HE (High Explosive) — special belt type, significantly increases chance of critical damage. Anti-aircraft type of ammunition. Not available for attack planes.  You are now the one hit wonder guy....  So yea I read your last post....  The one that I quoted however is the one I was commenting to that's why I quoted it.  The RNG gods will smile on he who has HE.....  :playing:  Im don't care of the cost of credits as long as its not a 100% loosing proposition......  Paying gold is a loss....  Playing a game where your competition could buy his or her way to victory is also a loss for this game....

Im not arguing with you but I am only pointing out that the very change is unacceptable for a "F2P" game.......

Edited by Tonzzo, 24 September 2015 - 10:20 PM.

EasternDragon_2014 #17 Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5951 battles

Please look into client side, you did something to it in 1.9, but things are still messed up.

I still get damaged by shells flying near me from client side users, I recorded several replays of flying using client side, in these replays all the damage that I do is caused by shells that I missed from what can be seen in the replay.

Also, in live combat using client side, some of the shells visually hit the target, sparkled and did no damage, and very often the enemy plane take damage way after i stopped firing.

My ping on the 1.9 test server is around 180ms, no packet loss.

Edited by EasternDragon_2014, 24 September 2015 - 10:22 PM.

Arkaiko #18 Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1306 battles

View PostTonzzo, on 24 September 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

So you think that AP is the best?  This new patch brings forth the RNG world of Crit hits....  So you fly with HE (High Explosive) — special belt type, significantly increases chance of critical damage. Anti-aircraft type of ammunition. Not available for attack planes.  You are now the one hit wonder guy....  So yea I read your last post....  The one that I quoted however is the one I was commenting to that's why I quoted it.  The RNG gods will smile on he who has HE.....  :playing:  Im don't care of the cost of credits as long as its not a 100% loosing proposition......  Paying gold is a loss....  Playing a game where your competition could buy his or her way to victory is also a loss for this game....

Im not arguing with you but I am only pointing out that the very change is unacceptable for a "F2P" game.......

agree :great:

CaptainJoeyCusack #19 Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9264 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

Bwhahaha now the bots talk thrash. I guess they listened to players saying its gone all quiet. After you kill one he calls you a hacker then before battle starts enemy side says good luck then one of bots says : Were gonna get you!   

On a serious note, the complete slaughters are getting worse with update. I have only done about 35 battles but well over half were complete slaughters with losing side not even get 1 kill.

As far as the aim goes , I always struggle with it but in 1st test server I was hitting a bit. Now I can be behind enemy a good 45 secs and they are kind enough to not move for me and i still take to long where another enemy bot takes me out first. Mix that with overheating I am not gonna survive this patch. I can tell the bots got toned down a bit with their accuracy. 

With the ammo, I at first didnt like that it cost gold but well after 200 rounds it makes absolutely no difference just as the equipment does not help against CRITS or getting killed. Because of the severity of the damage its all a wash. 

I did notice that the bots take about 45 secs now before engaging the enemy and battle fully begins which is better then 1st Test which was about 10 secs. I still firmly believe that some simple rule needs to be in place such as bots cant cross into the enemy side until 1 minute or until a human crosses. GA of course wouldnt apply to that.  

Edit: Some additional info. Eastern Dragon is right. My few bullets that hit the enemy hit extremely delayed not ping related but Clientside.  And my shells that are obvious misses do damage. Something is off with it.  

Edited by CaptainJoeyCusack, 25 September 2015 - 12:47 AM.

EasternDragon_2014 #20 Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5951 battles

View PostCaptainJoeyCusack, on 24 September 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Edit: Some additional info. Eastern Dragon is right. My few bullets that hit the enemy hit extremely delayed not ping related but Clientside.  And my shells that are obvious misses do damage. Something is off with it.  

Yes, this is very strange, needs to be tweaked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users