How to save WoWp from closing down.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Lethalhavoc #41 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostThe_Original_Gouldy, on 22 September 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

It's funny how your original 4 changes that you would make have nothing to do with long queues & low population. Only people that have trouble tying their shoes can't figure out how to deal with AA.

Well, I would have suggested that they FIX the long queues and low population in my first post..... But go figure I didn't bother stating the obvious.

You will see that I did mention the AA, and since the AA is something they can actually change I figured it was worth mentioning.

Edit - Your post was just so bad, that I really feel the need to explore it further. So if my suggestions actually worked (for the sake of argument) and that brought back old players and brought in new players, do you just figure that maybe, just maybe it might fix the long queues and low population?

You have any trouble tying your shoes today?

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 22 September 2015 - 07:32 PM.

Vanize #42 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

Hi all, I haven't played WoWp much since it went live. There were just too many things about it that I didn't like.

So that being said, I can see that I was not alone in this by the poor showing of WoWp's overall population.

Here are a few things that could help save WoWp from shutting down.

1) Reduce the effectiveness of AA guns.

2) Reduce the amount of influence generated by destruction of ground targets.

3) Have all planes pre-set on a course to intercept the enemy team.

4) Reduce the 2 tier spread to 1 tier.

The only thing I agree with is #4, and that is basically impossible with the current game population. But it sounds like the introduction of bots with 1.9 is sort of making a 1 tier spread more common or perhaps even the default?

your points 1-3 are all basically "remove all aspects of the game that make you think about anything besides your immediate tactical situation", which would make the game overly repetitive and boring. it might save the game by allowing more people who can't be bothered to use their brains to play, but it would further degrade the game further for the dedicated people who have bothered to learn the game, its strategic elements, and how to use these things and their brain to good advantage. add these things and you lose the core crowd and the newbs will play for a bit longer and get bored instead of frustrated and the game dies anyway.

Lou #43 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostVanize, on 22 September 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

If you want to save the game, then bother to play it for starters.

Bam

Lethalhavoc #44 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostVanize, on 22 September 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

The only thing I agree with is #4, and that is basically impossible with the current game population. But it sounds like the introduction of bots with 1.9 is sort of making a 1 tier spread more common or perhaps even the default?

your points 1-3 are all basically "remove all aspects of the game that make you think about anything besides your immediate tactical situation", which would make the game overly repetitive and boring. it might save the game by allowing more people who can't be bothered to use their brains to play, but it would further degrade the game further for the dedicated people who have bothered to learn the game, its strategic elements, and how to use these things and their brain to good advantage. add these things and you lose the core crowd and the newbs will play for a bit longer and get bored instead of frustrated and the game dies anyway.

I'm not saying remove, i'm saying reduce. The AA is pretty unforgiving of mistakes and all too often I see fighters who should not be anywhere near it, go on strafing runs because it's a "red" target.

When new players do that, or just as bad get suckered into chasing the red team into their AA, they get frustrated very quickly and quit.

Even if some of the AA emplacements were drastically reduced in the lower tiers 1-3 and then gradually increased to normal between tiers 4-6 it would make a huge difference to the newer players.

It would allow them to get "used" to the idea that red AA is bad and that green AA is good.

GouIdy #45 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

Well, I would have suggested that they FIX the long queues and low population in my first post..... But go figure I didn't bother stating the obvious.

You will see that I did mention the AA, and since the AA is something they can actually change I figured it was worth mentioning.

Edit - Your post was just so bad, that I really feel the need to explore it further. So if my suggestions actually worked (for the sake of argument) and that brought back old players and brought in new players, do you just figure that maybe, just maybe it might fix the long queues and low population?

You have any trouble tying your shoes today?

Maybe you could bring some of the WOT players you have talked with over here so we can get some first hand accounts of why they found WOWP too hard & didn't stay because you are making absolutely no sense.

Lethalhavoc #46 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostThe_Original_Gouldy, on 22 September 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

Maybe you could bring some of the WOT players you have talked with over here so we can get some first hand accounts of why they found WOWP too hard & didn't stay because you are making absolutely no sense.

Try reading the post above the one you just did.

Vanize #47 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

• 0 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

I'm not saying remove, i'm saying reduce. The AA is pretty unforgiving of mistakes and all too often I see fighters who should not be anywhere near it, go on strafing runs because it's a "red" target.

When new players do that, or just as bad get suckered into chasing the red team into their AA, they get frustrated very quickly and quit.

Even if some of the AA emplacements were drastically reduced in the lower tiers 1-3 and then gradually increased to normal between tiers 4-6 it would make a huge difference to the newer players.

It would allow them to get "used" to the idea that red AA is bad and that green AA is good.

your number 4 would basically solve this point. AA is not OP if you are the top tier in the battle. reducing effectiveness of AA would give the higher tier planes even MORE of an advantage. the problem is being a tier 5 plane in tier 7 AA. but, again, current population does not allow for 2 tier spreads. and also, again, the introduction of bots in 1.9 might make this a non-issue... maybe. bots are sure to have their own issues tho.

GouIdy #48 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

Try reading the post above the one you just did.

Try getting a clue & stop writing about what you don't know much about. At first your posts were rather amusing but now I am starting to feel a little sorry for you.

Edited by The_Original_Gouldy, 22 September 2015 - 07:52 PM.

losttwo #49 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

I think you should follow your own advice.

I never once said I had these issues that I mentioned in my first post, I even made a post concerning my answers to your comments. But why bother reading my posts when you can just hurl insults right?

You know the real difference between your 24k battles and my 387? The answer is that when WoWp closes out, I will not be heart broken.

I have spoken with a large number of WoT players over the last year, who had tried out planes and decided that planes was a waste of time for the reasons I first posted.

So I decided today to make this thread in the hopes of helping WoWp.

Can I ask you a question, have you spoken with a lot of former players to find out why they quit?

Heart broken over a game...WOW..seriously. It is a game not a relationship of marriage, family or anything else.

I do not play World of tanks nor World of Warships...just not my style of game play. TOO BORING.

As for reasons I have seen people quit from them posting on here or in personal messages.

Valid Reason : long queue times and yes almost took me to the brink of uninstalling.

small match sizes and I can understand this, sometimes it does get boring

These began at the brunt of 1.5 and progression was worse and population fell off the cliff

more like pushed off the cliff.

NONE OF WHICH IS THE PLAYERS FAULT BUT WARGAMINGS

Invalid reasons I have heard or read : anything not mentioned above in the valid category.

The fact is that this is a difficult game for most players to learn due to their limited intelligence and thought processes and

lack of common sense. Combine all that with the blame game and raised on player vs bot games of the past century

you are stuck with a genre of game that will always have a limited population and audience.

Edited by losttwo, 22 September 2015 - 07:58 PM.

Lethalhavoc #50 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostVanize, on 22 September 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

your number 4 would basically solve this point. AA is not OP if you are the top tier in the battle. reducing effectiveness of AA would give the higher tier planes even MORE of an advantage. the problem is being a tier 5 plane in tier 7 AA. but, again, current population does not allow for 2 tier spreads. and also, again, the introduction of bots in 1.9 might make this a non-issue... maybe. bots are sure to have their own issues tho.

I'm just trying to suggest ways to make the game more new player friendly.

And changing the AA a bit wouldn't be hard at all, they could do what they have done in WoT by changing which maps certain tiers can play on.

For WoWp it would be a simple matter of having 3 versions of the same maps, 1 for tiers 1 to 3, 1 for tiers 4 to 6 and the last for tier 7 to 10 with just slight changes to the number of AA guns per map.

Dsembr_Rein #51 Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 107 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

You want the game to stop punishing players for using their aircraft in the wrong role so that they can spend more time near AA, reinforcing the idea that they are doing good for their team, in an effort to teach them that it's not the best approach? So if someone decided to run into a brick wall instead of finding the door, we should give them a helmet instead of letting the pain teach them that maybe that's not the smartest way to go about it?

mullyman #52 Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

Is it insanity or stupidity to do the same stupid thing over and over and hope for a different result?   After flying into enemy AA 10 times in a row and get killed from it,  a pilot must be insane and/or stupid to do it the 11th time.  Why??  Because the result will be the same.   So let's not blame the insane/stupid pilots who CANNOT learn from their mistakes,  lets just dumb down the game so that ANY moron can play without dying.   Typical of what America has come to anyway.   I prefer Darwinism.

mullyman.png

losttwo #53 Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

Making the game new player friendly is what destroyed this game.

From changing ramming mechanics to " karma system " and noob protection queueing.

From suggestions like " this game is too hard dumb it down " to another for like Flights are OP.

Then WG catering to those that whined about the game being to difficult.

Result is the game in its current state.

Of course you would not understand since you do not play ( well not enough to matter anyway )

Lethalhavoc #54 Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

It's those same "stupid", "insane" "morons" that pump tons of cash into WG games.

Thereby making it possible for other people (less challenged) to play their games for free.

But maybe if you guys suggested that instead of this game being free to play, that instead you paid a monthly subscription to help keep the game alive, that maybe it'd work?

Lethalhavoc #55 Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 22 September 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

Making the game new player friendly is what destroyed this game.

From changing ramming mechanics to " karma system " and noob protection queueing.

From suggestions like " this game is too hard dumb it down " to another for like Flights are OP.

Then WG catering to those that whined about the game being to difficult.

Result is the game in its current state.

Of course you would not understand since you do not play ( well not enough to matter anyway )

Then maybe you guys should push WG to change WoWp to a subscription game with fee's paid on a monthly basis, just for the "right" to play the game.

And if you want to shortcut the game a bit, they can keep the micro payments for gold, planes etc.

Tonzzo #56 Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:09 PM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

3 pages of BLAH....  The OP is trolling badly...  He has NO CLUE of what he is talking about.  He wants to dumb down AA because new players get killed by it...  Don't learn that AA bad.....  Then after x amount of times the give up and quit?  Really.....  Someone take the Brick Wall away from the OP before he hurts himself....  Dear lord....

Lets see what the OP does next....

Lethalhavoc #57 Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

It's really pointless talking to the 7 people who actually follow these forums.

It's all WG's fault that the game is dying.

But, there's nothing wrong with the game according to most of the players posting here.

They like it just the way it is........

Best of luck guys, enjoy the time you have left.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 22 September 2015 - 08:19 PM.

Tonzzo #58 Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:29 PM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I have yet to see anyone say the game is fine the way it is.....  The "7" of us are only stating that you are wrong and have no clue of this game.....  That's all....

No please go back under the bridge....  Thanks and have a wonderful day!  :honoring:

losttwo #59 Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTonzzo, on 22 September 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

I have yet to see anyone say the game is fine the way it is.....  The "7" of us are only stating that you are wrong and have no clue of this game.....  That's all....

No please go back under the bridge....  Thanks and have a wonderful day!  :honoring:

Well OP if you would finally take time to learn how to play this game then and only then will you understand.

You are like the guy standing in front of a judge saying he doesn't need a lawyer.

Vanize #60 Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:02 PM

• 0 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

And changing the AA a bit wouldn't be hard at all, they could do what they have done in WoT by changing which maps certain tiers can play on.

For WoWp it would be a simple matter of having 3 versions of the same maps, 1 for tiers 1 to 3, 1 for tiers 4 to 6 and the last for tier 7 to 10 with just slight changes to the number of AA guns per map.

all maps are already tier-ranged into low, medium, and high tiers. several are low-tier only and essentially exactly what you describe for the sake of noobs.

Edited by Vanize, 22 September 2015 - 09:04 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users