How to save WoWp from closing down.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Noreaga #61 Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

guys don't be put off by the rest of the points, he does have a valid point about the laser AA. It is not as game breaking as it is made out to be, but it is annoying and is detrimental to a good number of players (granted if they still attack GT at T7+ they deserve to die). In a 15 on 15 game with reasonable GA drivers AA would be much less of an issue, on the CT aa is really not an issue if enough GA's do their job (GA bots do a much better job than most human Ga's). 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Tonzzo #62 Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostVanize, on 22 September 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

all maps are already tier-ranged into low, medium, and high tiers. several are low-tier only and essentially exactly what you describe for the sake of noobs.

and yet he does not play enough to know this.....  

CaptainJoeyCusack #63 Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

I see that the vast majority of the players comments in the thread are far more concerned with what's good for themselves, rather than what may be good for the game as a whole.

That's disappointing, but as stated a few times already, not unexpected.

Out of curiosity, for those who disliked my ideas, exactly what in your opinions do you believe would bring new and old players back to this game?

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

I think you should follow your own advice.

I never once said I had these issues that I mentioned in my first post, I even made a post concerning my answers to your comments. But why bother reading my posts when you can just hurl insults right?

You know the real difference between your 24k battles and my 387? The answer is that when WoWp closes out, I will not be heart broken.

I have spoken with a large number of WoT players over the last year, who had tried out planes and decided that planes was a waste of time for the reasons I first posted.

So I decided today to make this thread in the hopes of helping WoWp.

Can I ask you a question, have you spoken with a lot of former players to find out why they quit?

View PostRock18, on 22 September 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

It's too bad the never ending stream of self appointed gaming experts post pontification instead of playing the game.  To be fair though, WG has a lot to do with it.  They've always done a poor job of b of teaching their game to new players and it's not necessarily their fault for coming over here thinking they should be experts out of the box.

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

I actually played a half dozen games, to see how the gameplay is and such.

Won 5 lost 1, and it was the same old same old, of the 6 odd games I played, 3 of my team mates crashed while attacking ground targets.

2 of the games everyone went off to do their own thing and in the last one my team mate shot me down trying to get the kill on the IL I was raping.

I guess im only responding because of how funny this thread is.  Its obvious that he is trolling and severely sucks at it. His inaptitude for trolling, matches his opinion for the game. He contradicts himself several times and tries his best to cut other people when failing to see he is only making a fool of himself from what he is saying.  I do like how he formed his opinion from playing 6 games to make a total of 393 :facepalm: But I can see why he thinks this way since he likes raping.   

However Rock hit it on the head. Before this game, I can usually start a game and after an hour or so I have the hang of it. So it was easy to start wanting to blame the game, cry foul, cry hackers or simply in my case just wanted to cry. And thats considering by the 10th battle I understood AA's were bad and I needed to stick with my team. The strategy part I got a hang of quick as I come from battle games but the flying and shooting part and understanding the fundamentals of the crafts took me about 500 battles. The biggest thing WG could do is put more emphasis on explaining the purpose of the craft players choose and roles that they play and most importantly advice on teamwork and working together. There will always be those who dont listen but it would give some important foundations for the players who like the game and are willing to try it more then 10 rounds. It would be the difference of them sticking around a while longer. Its as easy as them making it part of the initial flying tutorial you do before you can even go on standard battles. Also a few popup suggestions from WG wouldn't hurt either on things like dont dismiss the first 4 pilots they give you for free when you start the game which usually everyone does because you think the pilot only serves for those T1 planes they came with and the new crafts you get offer one for free and retraining is not even considered because you dont even have 1/100th of the credits needed.   Also most new players like myself that have experience with other games we blame sucking on the fact " oh it must be my low tier plane let me buy that T7 premium and I'll kickbutt and bam it slaps you in your face again. Its only harder up there. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks the true problem currently is the MM , mixed with the initial difficulty of the game and lack of explanation anywhere and what to do. Its why you see players at T6 in a LF going directly to enemies MM to shoot GT smh.  It has to many faults for the mixture of existing players experience. We have 2 pools of players that dominate 90% of the population. Those that have been here since beta or close to, and the rest which are new and simply dont have a clue. The other 10% of the population are players like me who toughed it out and have less then 1 year here and came after the 1.5 debacle that every existing player is still traumatized from.  Because of that debacle most of players are jaded and have a hard time seeing certain situations in the MM . If I had a W/L ratio of 55% and better I would feel like all of you too and say nah the MM is great bring it on fast and furious. But I have to work hard to win rounds because of the 2 pools of player types and the MM absolutely uses some feature that includes player experience or either length of time the players have been here.  For the last 3 patches I tracked every single flight and sent the proof to WG showing that the MM is consistently matching up the higher skilled players against the non. I wont go deep into this because no one agrees with me when I bring this up but documented numbers of over 3000 flights in just 3 months show it without a question of a doubt. I was able to move on and forget about that by raising my skill but it took long and most players simply wont invest that into a game because its natural to want to feel victory more then defeat.  Anyways with existing MM, WG can easily make small tweaks to existing MM that would balance it better and and flights would still be in the existing time frame they are now.  The AA's are not a problem because every battle doesn't come down to the last enemy hiding low in there territory. Yes they suck and will kill you but maybe 1 out of 10 flights, thats part of the game and important to the strategy. Now maybe a tweak such as AA's cant do no more then a total accumulated damage to a craft of maybe 50%-70% of its HP. or something like that. 

One thing this kid is right about is I would be heart broken if the game ended . Well 2 things really, he also gets what he asked for , wanting the planes to go straight into battle as the bots straight bumrush the other side. LOL Maybe the new Patch can help but they simply made to many drastic changes all at once instead of doing them over a course of a few months and as needed by player response. The gold thing is really not a big deal as it doesn't matter if you use the Gold ammo and Gold consumables for protection because neither of them help in anyway nor hurt in anyway. The MM uses the same part of the algorithm in how it sides the teams . Almost every battle ends in a complete slaughter for one of the teams with the other team having no casualties including the bots. They haven't learned from there past mistakes either.  It is in the hands of WG and not the players as all we can do is help new players stick around and be a bit nicer to them and help them learn the game. In this patch though I am very curious to see what will happen.  From flying over 150 battles in it, I just dont know what will happen. I will definitely attempt to adapt and have fun. 

Heibges #64 Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

1) Reduce the effectiveness of AA guns. (I have to agree that most PVP'ers do not what to fight PVE enemies. If they did, you would have other PVP games with PVE enemies...which you don't.)

2) Reduce the amount of influence generated by destruction of ground targets. (I disagree, and think you need to increase the value of ground targets, but greatly decrease the number, and greatly increase the player payoff for the destruction of the ground target.  For example each team needs to defend it's 2 aircraft carriers and destroy the 2 belonging to the enemy.  When you destroy an AC there is a HUGE EXPLOSION WITH A HUGE BILLOW OF SMOKE like you have in Harbor, except that it is player created fun, not dev created fun.)

3) Have all planes pre-set on a course to intercept the enemy team. (Not necessarily, but I would say spawn them all in one large group.  The split spawns causes some problems currently.)

4) Reduce the 2 tier spread to 1 tier. (The funny think is if they had the iconic Tier 7 fighters at Tier 10 they could have a 0 Tier Spread and not affect their business model.  It would be MUCH easier for WG to balance the game with everyone fighting at even tier. And with all due respect to the F-86, it just has way less name recognition in North America than the Mustang. Maybe Spielberg will make a movie about Korea and Mig Alley? )

Edited by Heibges, 23 September 2015 - 12:35 AM.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

Noreaga #65 Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHeibges, on 22 September 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

Maybe Spielberg will make a movie about Korea and Mig Alley?  

i want that!

Nimis obnoxii curare

losttwo #66 Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:26 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostHeibges, on 22 September 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

Maybe Spielberg will make a movie about Korea and Mig Alley? )

The only thing worth quoting in the entire history of this thread.

The rest is just people wanting to change WG game into something other than what WG has envisioned.

It shows a  lack of willingness to learn how to play within the parameters of the game design.

While lacking the ability to accept a challenging game play.

What is ironic is that WG slogan is something like : delivering on line gaming globally with passion.

Yeah not feeling it, but I do have fun playing.

Sojo #67 Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

Do you play other WG titles? If you do, ask your clan mates and friends if they have played planes and if they still play or if they quit after a few hundred battles.

Then ask them why they quit planes, I bet the first answer will be long queues and low population, the next answer will probably the AA system.

View PostTonzzo, on 22 September 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

3 pages of BLAH....  The OP is trolling badly...  He has NO CLUE of what he is talking about.  He wants to dumb down AA because new players get killed by it...  Don't learn that AA bad.....  Then after x amount of times the give up and quit?  Really.....  Someone take the Brick Wall away from the OP before he hurts himself....  Dear lord....

Lets see what the OP does next....

A little.  23k+ battles in Tanks and Ships alpha tester.  

pretty much.  Another drive-by troll in a long chain of them who thinks himself an expert without having to learn the game.   Zzzzzzzzzz....

Psicko23 #68 Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postlosttwo, on 22 September 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

What is ironic is that WG slogan is something like : delivering on line gaming globally with passion.

lordelamin #69 Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20 battles
Ok, I reinstalled last night. Played some games today. Found that I like this game better than the other flying game. Had some rust, but things started coming back to me. The other game may be better for folks who like flight sims, but I don't think you can beat the arcade fun of this game.

tahee59 #70 Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Again just now they post about a player rally for world of tanks on the world of warplanes forums. :facepalm:

Get off your lazy backside and do your job war gamming!

Edited by tahee59, 23 September 2015 - 08:16 PM.

Noreaga #71 Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Posttahee59, on 23 September 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Again just now they post about a player rally for world of tanks on the world of warplanes forums. :facepalm:

did you notice the smart move by ghost? he locked the thread before it had a chance to fill up with 12 pages of WTH.

hehehehe at least the know who we will react, i've been vicious in my surveys so ill probably get correlated out.

Nimis obnoxii curare

tahee59 #72 Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
I'm getting sick of it . How can the even cash there check and feel good about it?

Noreaga #73 Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
i took it in beta since that was why i was there. In release i was much more patient than i should have been.

Nimis obnoxii curare

tahee59 #74 Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

"SOON" ( sorry don't know how to do the little "TM" thing ) they will have to add bots to the forums.

Most likely before Clan Wars.

losttwo #75 Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posttahee59, on 23 September 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

"SOON" ( sorry don't know how to do the little "TM" thing ) they will have to add bots to the forums.

Most likely before Clan Wars.

QFT

Bubba_Zanetti #76 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmullyman, on 22 September 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Is it insanity or stupidity to do the same stupid thing over and over and hope for a different result?   After flying into enemy AA 10 times in a row and get killed from it,  a pilot must be insane and/or stupid to do it the 11th time.  Why??  Because the result will be the same.   So let's not blame the insane/stupid pilots who CANNOT learn from their mistakes,  lets just dumb down the game so that ANY moron can play without dying.   Typical of what America has come to anyway.   I prefer Darwinism.

Necro!  We got respawns 2 years later!

soshootmenow #77 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Please read my suggestion titled 'A Proposal' in the forums. A great many of the original players would come back and increase the player base. But we have to get WG to get behind it and implement it. If you agree with my ideas (suggestions and improvements very welcome) the more reads, comments, suggestions, and support the more WG might actually take notice and make the changes. I know it can be done with little difficulty. They ran both modes during the testing of 2.0 with absolutely no issues. Is it really that much of a stretch to simply provide the user community with the choices we are asking for?

Please check 'Proposal' and let me know what you think.

Thankyou.

jack_wdw #78 Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles

View Postsoshootmenow, on 30 November 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

Please read my suggestion titled 'A Proposal' in the forums. A great many of the original players would come back and increase the player base. But we have to get WG to get behind it and implement it. If you agree with my ideas (suggestions and improvements very welcome) the more reads, comments, suggestions, and support the more WG might actually take notice and make the changes. I know it can be done with little difficulty. They ran both modes during the testing of 2.0 with absolutely no issues. Is it really that much of a stretch to simply provide the user community with the choices we are asking for?

Please check 'Proposal' and let me know what you think.

Thankyou.

Indeed, so far for the technically impossible part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users