How to save WoWp from closing down.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Lethalhavoc #1 Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Hi all, I haven't played WoWp much since it went live. There were just too many things about it that I didn't like.

So that being said, I can see that I was not alone in this by the poor showing of WoWp's overall population.

Here are a few things that could help save WoWp from shutting down.

1) Reduce the effectiveness of AA guns.

2) Reduce the amount of influence generated by destruction of ground targets.

3) Have all planes pre-set on a course to intercept the enemy team.

4) Reduce the 2 tier spread to 1 tier.

I'm sure that these have been mentioned by the player base numerous times over the last 2 years.

The reason why WoT is going strong, is because there are no NPC arty, NPC infantry, or NPC anti tank guns bleeding your HP's. 

There are no NPC ground targets on the other side of the map being destroyed by the final red player who will win the game because you can't get their in time.

There is a good chance that WoWs will do great because of the very same reasons as WoT.

No NPC's bleeding HP's, no NPC targets affecting the battles outcome.

GouIdy #2 Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles
If you think changing those 4 things would save WOWP then you really are out of touch with this game.

Lethalhavoc #3 Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostThe_Original_Gouldy, on 22 September 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

If you think changing those 4 things would save WOWP then you really are out of touch with this game.

Just those 4 things are the main cause of the low population.
Players try out the game, they get shotdown over and over by AA and lose game after game to ground target influence.
I've spoken with a number of people who tried it out and walked away for those reasons.

Would these 4 changes alone make WoWp perfect? No of course not, but it would bring MANY new and old players back to the game.
I also understand that these changes would be unpopular with many of the current WoWp players, who find the existing gameplay fun and challenging.
But you have to ask yourselves, are you guys alone going to be able to support WoWp's business model and make it profitable?

GouIdy #4 Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Just those 4 things are the main cause of the low population.
Players try out the game, they get shotdown over and over by AA and lose game after game to ground target influence.
I've spoken with a number of people who tried it out and walked away for those reasons.

Would these 4 changes alone make WoWp perfect? No of course not, but it would bring MANY new and old players back to the game.
I also understand that these changes would be unpopular with many of the current WoWp players, who find the existing gameplay fun and challenging.
But you have to ask yourselves, are you guys alone going to be able to support WoWp's business model and make it profitable?

So basically what you are saying here is people fail to learn how to play the game & then leave.

If you dumb down this game any more than it already is competitive players wouldn't stick around. Without a challenge or competitive play a game won't last long anyways.

tahee59 #5 Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

The only thing holding this game back is war gaming itself .

And there new money grab will not help either.

Edited by tahee59, 22 September 2015 - 02:20 PM.

losttwo #6 Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

Hi all, I haven't played WoWp much since it went live. There were just too many things about it that I didn't like.

or you were unwilling to try to learn.

So that being said, I can see that I was not alone in this by the poor showing of WoWp's overall population.

many left due to other reasons beyond the high learning curve.

Here are a few things that could help save WoWp from shutting down.

1) Reduce the effectiveness of AA guns.

you could learn to shoot the AA to reduce its effectvieness

you could not fly into AA and or hit the border GT's and force the enemy out into the open

2) Reduce the amount of influence generated by destruction of ground targets.

learning how to counter the supremacy timer is another way to fix the game.....or yourself.

3) Have all planes pre-set on a course to intercept the enemy team.

Yeah they already are set that way at spawn point

4) Reduce the 2 tier spread to 1 tier.

So if tanks and ships have a 3 tier spread then shouldn't planes have as well.

Learning how to beat a plane 2 tiers higher than you is part of the game....the challenging part.

Unlike World of Tanks you will never hear " that one bounced "

I'm sure that these have been mentioned by the younger generation of participation trophy,  make it easy to win and less challenging  player base numerous times over the last 2 years.

The reason why WoT is going strong, is because there are no NPC arty, NPC infantry, or NPC anti tank guns bleeding your HP's. 

There are no NPC ground targets on the other side of the map being destroyed by the final red player who will win the game because you can't get their in time.

There is a good chance that WoWs will do great because of the very same reasons as WoT.

No NPC's bleeding HP's, no NPC targets affecting the battles outcome.

yeah ok got it

Lethalhavoc #7 Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

As I said, the majority of the current players don't want to see these changes. Because they are comfortable with the game as is.

But the point is that they aren't going to be able to keep this game alive with the few players who enjoy it as is.

And losttwo, I understand how to avoid fighting over enemy AA, I also understand how to use my lower tier planes to beat higher tier planes.

I also understand how to counter the timer. I racked up a fair number of battles in the beta's. It was the massive influx of new players during release that turned me completely off of the game.

There was nothing better than having half of your team crash into eachother for giggles in the first 2 minutes.

I've seen that they've reduced collision damage so it's not as "team crippling" as it was. Which is a major improvement and one of the suggestions I submitted in the betas.

You have invested a great deal of time into this game losttwo, would you be happy to see the game close out because of lack of interest?

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 22 September 2015 - 02:42 PM.

tahee59 #8 Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

So you left due to a massive influx of new pilots and are now wanting a new massive influx of new pilots ok got it.

I liked it better in the old days if you rammed someone both planes went down and if you hit a falling plane on its way down you would also die.

Edited by tahee59, 22 September 2015 - 02:54 PM.

Lethalhavoc #9 Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttahee59, on 22 September 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

So you left due to a massive influx of new pilots and are now wanting a new massive influx of new pilots ok got it.

WoWp will never see that kind of influx of players again in it's lifetime.

And unless the existing players are willing to spend around 20 - 30 million USD a year on WoWp you can expect the game to close within the next year.

So it comes down to either change or die. the choice is yours and WG's to make.

tahee59 #10 Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Like I said its in war gamming hands not ours.

Lethalhavoc #11 Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttahee59, on 22 September 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

Like I said its in war gamming hands not ours.

If the existing players push for these changes and WG see's an increase in profits the game will live.

You were a closed beta tester, did WG make any changes that you and others suggested in the last 2 years?

Lethalhavoc #12 Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 22 September 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Your changes will not help the game. Yours will kill WoWp faster than WG is killing it.

If that's the case, I hope you enjoyed your time playing WoWp.

tahee59 #13 Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I would have to say no they did not do any changes that the NA pilots asked for.

But hey they say clan wars is coming "SOON" ( but they have said that for 2 years ).

Ok maybe one the wild west MM that we have now.

Edited by tahee59, 22 September 2015 - 06:25 PM.

Lethalhavoc #14 Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Do you think clan wars is going to make WoWp money? Because I don't, and I bet WG doesn't either. So I doubt you'll live to see it.

Well, I suggested that they reduce or remove allied collisions, and they have reduced them. (I also seem to recall a lot of other players calling for the same thing)

I suggested that they put all starting planes on a direct intercept course to the red team, and they have.

So it seems like they listened to me, at least a little anyways.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 22 September 2015 - 03:30 PM.

Lethalhavoc #15 Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I truly think the only way they'll save planes, is to dumb it down more, let the new would-be players know it, build up the population and then slowing bring it back up to where it is now.

The old saying is, "if you drop a frog into boiling water it'll jump out. But, if you put a frog into cold water and then slowly turn up the heat the frog will stay in it and cook".

GouIdy #16 Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

So it seems like they listened to me, at least a little anyways.

Please say some more funny things, I'm bored & appreciate the entertainment.

GouIdy #17 Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 22 September 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

I truly think the only way they'll save planes, is to dumb it down more, let the new would-be players know it, build up the population and then slowing bring it back up to where it is now.

The old saying is, "if you drop a frog into boiling water it'll jump out. But, if you put a frog into cold water and then slowly turn up the heat the frog will stay in it and cook".

AHAHA keep them coming!

Noreaga #18 Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Hi-o 

you missed the year and a bit when WG tried to listen to suggestion like these, and unfortunately (I mean that i want this game to succeed) every single one of those resulted in utter and complete failure and that was 1.5.

4. A more balance mm was implemented in 1.5 despite warnings that the NA (RU or EU for that matter) population was not large enough for " you're special" mechanics. So, we were all left to sit and wait for up to 15 minutes for a 1 vs 1 with more than enough people to play a game, so we lost the 1000 or so people that played prime time. All because of a few players were brought up thinking that "special" meant something other than it used to mean.

2. you might be right except as a beta tester you knew this was on the books for over a year before release, it worked just fine, now it works ok, i think you forget how simple and boring the old targets were, not to mention how stupid people were when faced with a shiny base and a heavy fighter. 

1. I hate the AA guns now, and yes they stink. I do not enjoy flying against Peek a boo GA's or fighters, but i only have to blame WG for that wonderfull 1.5 and us no longer having 15 vs 15. 

3. how about we just have the planes spawn near each other?Only noobs or newbs fly straight at the enemy formation straight off the bat.

I am trying to be patient because you chose to not be around for the last 2 years, and you have zero empathy towards us and what happened. Saying what you said will get you jumped on, especially since we have solid evidence you are wrong (in our current pop situation).

all the best i hope we can discover 1.9 together.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Vanize #19 Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
If you want to save the game, then bother to play it for starters.

MO_E #20 Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I smell a TROLL, I`m going to respond anyway.

It is people like you that is causing problems with this game.

Talking negative about the game with no knowledge of it.

I could go on an on, but I would get myself in troubles.

Your battle count is so low and you have no validation behind your words.

Play some games. Find out. Then maybe you will learn something.

That is if you have the intelligence to handle it.

MO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users