1.9 CT Bugs and Issues Thread

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Derpinoid #81 Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15672 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

So, given some server down time, here's my dump on the 1.9 update as I see it.

The "auto aim" has been turned way down, some air handling has changed, and real aiming does matter. Cutting the edge of a less maneuverable plane is not so cool, given the guns will cause some sort of trouble. The change of thinking is significant. Taunting bots are Fn funny, try the comms with them, they no craprespond. cover and clear my tail work.

Most of the flying differences are due to a much more realistic aiming engine. This really is bad for the low talent flyers. the little troll duck and just get winged, bank up and out, wash rinse repeat is just gone. If you get caught by big guns, it is a big problem, right now. Aiming those big guns takes more than a bit of doing to actually hit anything, but don't count on those shiny add-ons to save you. Rocket kills are harder, but more satisfying. Attack and heavy fighters are the winners in this update, but skill is really a factor, and even though I suck, I can still appreciate real skill, and I don't fault a good kill to anyone, even a bot. The new update puts the focus on situational awareness, and real lead/aim abilities. New good players will like this, and the gold platers will get by for a while before getting skill swamped. Win Win in my book for this game.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

EspressoForHammy #82 Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDerpinoid, on 25 September 2015 - 05:12 AM, said:

The new update puts the focus on situational awareness, and real lead/aim abilities.

+1, this is SO TRUE. Especially the part about situational awareness.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

TexasTC #83 Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1570 battles
I cant say off CT server. 1.8.4 bores me. I love the bots/bigger matches, and YES with that comes SA, You better look around you cant be lazy or someone will be on your tail quick. The bots are good, some better than others but I like it 3x3 suck 11x11 or even 15x15 is great. Love the changes. Don't think the gold ammo will make jump to launch but I do like some of the ammo if it were credits, AP will do. Cant wait for 1.9 to launch and take a new path on some of the lines I had chosen

Shizzywiznut #84 Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25219 battles

View PostRaizei, on 21 September 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Flown a few games on different water-based maps and didn't experience anything like this occurring. I thought I had finally experienced it but turned out to be 100% packetloss before getting disconnected.

Was this happening on a specific map?

It is the lighthouse map: from the first ship to the left with aa, going across to the smaller ship with aa, shoot the smaller ship's AA and the whole of the ship will disappear.

Posted Image

Shizzywiznut #85 Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25219 battles

One other thing. Would it be possible to have the anniversary plane be removed from the list of anniversary planes once it has completed it?

dityboycom #86 Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostLobo_Maximus, on 29 September 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

It is the lighthouse map: from the first ship to the left with aa, going across to the smaller ship with aa, shoot the smaller ship's AA and the whole of the ship will disappear.

Stuff like that has been happening for several patch iterations, in fact as long as I have been playing the game. They won't be fixing those any time soon.

I used to write things down, submit tickets, and try to actively help fix bugs; but, then I realized that they don't care to fix bugs, so why should I?

We would be appalled if they showed us the list of requirements a bug has to meet before it is ever even sent to a developer. They basically have to completely rule out that it could possibly be the users client, and if they can't beyond all reasonable doubt, then the bug is never pushed up.

Edited by dityboycom, 30 September 2015 - 11:38 AM.

WOW

FlakValleyExpress #87 Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:42 PM

Captain

• 11981 battles

WoWP version 1.9.0.218495

Issue: "When loading the match, the game closed"

Plane Issue: "Game crashed to desktop"

Plane: F-86

Map: Plateau

Occurrences: repeating

Tested: not tested yet

Severity: Game Breaking

Details:  When going into a Match the game closed and went to the desktop. I was able to get back into the match by reloading the game. Attachments included here

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

Derpinoid #88 Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15672 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

The current missions seem to be broken, boosting to the limit does not register a kill and use boost, the other 3 are also seemingly locked. The 2 daily missions are working fine.

Edit: I used a heavy, used up the engine cooler, killed 4 planes, falconry, bird of prey, hat trick, but no mission, did I just not kill enough?

further edit: It seems there are conditions that are not listed, or there is a problem with the drop system.

Edited by Derpinoid, 02 October 2015 - 08:59 PM.

Derpinoid #89 Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15672 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Opps, wrong thread

Edited by Derpinoid, 02 October 2015 - 11:47 PM.

FlakValleyExpress #90 Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• 11981 battles

WoWP version 1.9.0.218495

Issue: "After death, when going to another team mate the game freezes"

Plane Issue: "Game freeze when going to another camera view"

Plane: FW-190D

Map: observatory

Occurrences: once

Tested: not tested yet

Severity: Game Breaking

Details:  After dying, when going to another team mates plane, the screen freezes. I had to kill the WoWP executable to get control back on my desktop. Attachments included here

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

Also tagged with 1.9

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users