WoWP version 1.9.0.061735

Issue: "System freezes exiting to windows desktop"

Plane Issue: "System freezes exiting to windows desktop"

Plane: P-38J

Map: Hanger

Occurrences: only once

Tested: not tested yet

Severity: Game Breaking

Details:  When going to windows desktop to check WoWP forums, the game errors out, freezes, then dead. It creates a dump file. Attachments included here

Note: increase the attachment file limits please

Update: Additional log files here

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 22 September 2015 - 09:27 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

FlakValleyExpress #42 Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:04 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

Issue: "when purchasing consumables and upgrades the system freezes"

Plane Issue: "System freezes while in depot purchases"

Plane: none

Details:  When going to depot the game freezes. I suspect cache problems again.  It creates a dump file. Attachments included here

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 22 September 2015 - 09:29 PM.

Vae victis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

macfloam #43 Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7314 battles
  • [TOP-D] TOP-D
Not sure if this is an intentionally scaled down feature, but in the Training Room, you can only add 2 bots to a team. 

Shizzywiznut #44 Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25522 battles
Not a ground breaking bug, but some ships on water maps disappear when u shoot the AA, the icon stays but the ship will disappear.  

oldiowaguy #45 Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15691 battles

When trying to flight up could not hit battle button because it said flightmate was in Battle with Bots even though they were in Standard Battle mode. Both disconnected and reclogged and it worked after that.

Gun sounds are horrid

FlakValleyExpress #46 Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

Issue: "When loading the match, the game closed"

Plane Issue: "Game crashed to desktop"

Plane: Me.109

Map: Dam

Details:  When going into a Match the game closed and went to the desktop. There was no WoWP log file for the session. I was able to get back into the match by reloading the game. Attachments included here.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 22 September 2015 - 09:33 PM.

Vae victis

_Old_Bear_ #47 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 16696 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_

It seems that 5 320 gold is not enough to resupply Frag Enhanced Ammo on my Normandy-Niemen brand new Yak-3 so I had been switch to Standard.

And as despite the Enhanced Ammo I have been shot down, it can't be called "Pay for Win".

Nevertheless the price seems a bit high ...

shot_069_ed2.jpg

Edited by _Old_Bear_, 20 September 2015 - 08:58 PM.

macfloam #48 Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7314 battles
  • [TOP-D] TOP-D

Wrote this thread for my clan on our enjin site. Although not a bug report, I thought you might want the feedback. Feel free to move this to another thread

THE GOOD

MM Balancing!!!
No longer will you see 3 Attack Aircraft on one team and 3 Light Fighters on the other! They've finally figured out that balancing matches by plane type not only makes sense, but also doesn't impact queue time at all.

UI Changes
There are some really nice changes to the user interface. First, the section on the right gets revamped. The current data is still available, but the default view changes to a listing of pros & cons for the plane, as well as your dps (damage per second) at various ranges. This is a WONDERFUL change and will allow you to learn your effective weapon ranges. 

As you can see, the Bf 109 G deals 278 dps up to 460m, 180 dps from 460-576m and has a maximum range of 720m. That is, you can keep shooting from 576 to 720m, but your damage will be negligible. 

By comparison, the P-51 D deals more damage in close (300 dps up to 500m), but since it only has machine guns, it only has 1 range (short). Unfortunately, they still don't list "time to overheat", which is a significant stat on guns. 

New Equipment
All of the equipment that was recently available from missions only can now be purchased, giving you more opportunity to customize your plane. You can get as many as 15% more hp, more maneuverability, +15% tail gunner range, etc. This is a really nice addition.

New Consummables
Likewise, the consumables that were recently available from missions only have also been added. High altitude heavies can purchase engine cooling. Multi-roles can get weapon cooling. Fighters can get temporary maneuverability boosts. 

New Sounds
They have changed the sounds of almost all of the guns. It's disconcerting at first, but I think I'll probably like it once I get used to it. 

In-Battle UI
They have made some nice changes to the UI during battle as well. If an enemy plane suffers critical damage, they receive an icon next to their hp bar, so you know what was damaged. This is a useful piece of information. For example, if you're in a Spitfire against a Zero with a damaged tail, you can out-turn them. 

A big icon also appears to let you know you're on fire, making it that much more obvious. 

Bots to Increase Battle Size / reduce Queue Times
In order to combat the increased queue times due to the dwindling population, they have decided to add bots to standard battles. This is a probably a good idea, except that it's horribly executed (see below). 

The bots should only be added if flying in a tier with low numbers of players. So far I've seen a minimum of 7 on 7 (with 1 human player per side). When we had 3 humans per side, they still added 6 bots to make it 9 vs 9.

Of course, a better idea would have been to actually market the game to bring in more players. There are plenty of free/cheap ways to market this game to bring in more players. I've already shared several with one of the mods and received no response. 

Can Set Bot Difficulty to 3 levels in Training
Bots now have 3 skill levels that can be set during training:

In addition to this, the bots have better AI. They climb, stay on target, avoid head-to-head if you have superior firepower, don't lawn-dart (although they do still fly into mountains and other obstacles). They also communicate using the F-keys, although I'm not sure if they respond to your use of F-keys. They certainly don't pay attention to marking the map (more on this later).

THE BAD

Increased Chance to Critical Hit & Start Fires
You will catch fire almost every battle, frequently more than once. That's going to increase your credit costs since you will be using a fire extinguisher constantly. 

You will also suffer critical hits almost every battle, frequently more than once, so get used to flying a damaged plane. 

This makes battles a little more random (which is good). If an enemy gets on your tail, you can no longer eat some damage so that you can finish off your target, because if your enemy gets a clean shot at you, you're going to get critically hit! However, the frequency is just too high. In the first burst, I had my left wing critically hit. The second burst critically hit my right wing.

If we're forced to use 3 consumables every single match, then that's another 9,000+ credits per battle, which is more than the best non-premium planes on non-premium accounts are capable of earning per battle! What's worse, this isn't the only massive cost increase you will see (more on this later). 

Best Consumables Cost Gold
The best consumables are only available for gold. For most items, this isn't a big advantage. For example, an automatic Pneumatic Restarter will only save the time it takes for you to press the appropriate key - hardly a major advantage. However, an Improved Fire Extinguisher gets 2 uses, a HUGE advantage considering how often you will get lit on fire! 

Best Ammo Costs Gold
Standard Ammo is free. Armor Piercing Ammo costs credits. The rest cost gold:

As you can see, the damage remains the same, but premium ammo has an increased chance to:

• score a critical hit
  • light a plane on fire

Those are SIGNIFICANT increases which will give those buying gold a HUGE advantage, making this a pay-to-win game if 1.9 launches as is. 

An Me 262 will cost 36g per battle in premium ammo. If you fly 23 battles a day in that plane and want the best ammo, then you'll be spending $100/month!

THE UGLY

Armor Piercing Rounds Cost Twice as Much
Not only will the pilots buying ammo with gold have a huge advantage over you (due to having either a higher chance of scoring criticals or a higher chance of lighting you on fire), but if you use the Armor Piercing rounds, then you had better be paying for a premium account. 

Over my last 145 battles in my Beaufighter, I have a 71% win rate, 48% survival rate, and average 557 base xp per battle. These are my average financials:

14,607 base credits earned per battle
  2,108 average repair costs
  5,922 average service cost (7,950 max)
 6,667 average credits added to bank (no premium)

However, in 1.9 the cost of the Armor Piercing rounds (the only rounds you can buy with credits) almost triples from 4,800 to 12,600. That's an increase of 7,800 credits, which is 1,133 more credits than I make on average in that plane (an above average non-premium money making plane). Good luck tiering up your planes unless either you use Standard Ammo or buy a premium account. Considering that most Armor Piercing rounds give a 50% increased chance of fire and of scoring a critical hit, it's a HUGE upgrade over Standard Ammo. If you can't afford a premium account, then you can't compete. This change will single-handedly kill the game.

Even with a premium account, you'll only earn as many credits as players on a non-premium account earn currently! As a non-premium player, I can assure you that credits will now be your number one obstacle to tiering up. Expect to have a half dozen planes researched that you cannot afford to purchase.

Bot Difficulty seems Random
The bots that are added to each team to fill up the numbers seem to have randomly selected levels of difficulty. If the match is 9-on-9 with only 3 human players per team, your team's 6 bots could all be Beginners while the opposing team's bots could all be Veterans. There's no way to tell the bot's skill level. I don't know if this is true or not, but based on the incredibly one-sided bot battles I've seen, this seems the most likely reason. I've had many battles where my bots got no kills, while the best enemy bots are getting 3-4 kills and doing 800 - 1,300 dmg!

Veteran Bots are DEADLY
Bots are some of the best players in the match with 3-4 bots scoring 25-40-% accuracy every battle (and I'm not talking about the attack aircraft). I've gone head-to-head with a Spitfire in a Yak-9U and come out with 20% hp while he flies off with >50%! 

They also react quicker than any human. There are certain techniques that I use to avoid taking damage in certain situations. However, against bots, not only do they track my movement perfectly, but they stay on target far longer as well.  

Charge of the Bot Brigade!
Although they do gain altitude, bots charge directly towards the enemy. If given a 50/50 head-to-head match-up, they'll take it. They also don't group up, so there are pockets of small battles all across the middle of the map. By the time you arrive, the battle is almost over! 

Keep in mind, I'm saying this as a player who likes to gain altitude while moving forward. This isn't a case of me hanging back, flying around my base until I get to 13,000 feet. I'm climbing while moving forward the entire time, and I'm still late to the fight every match!

CONCLUSION

WoWP will become pay to win game if 1.9 launches as is. That, combined with the ridiculously unbalanced bots will very likely kill the game within 2 weeks.

dityboycom #49 Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:56 AM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postmacfloam, on 20 September 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

Wrote this thread for my clan on our enjin site. Although not a bug report, I thought you might want the feedback. Feel free to move this to another thread

THE GOOD

MM Balancing!!!
No longer will you see 3 Attack Aircraft on one team and 3 Light Fighters on the other! They've finally figured out that balancing matches by plane type not only makes sense, but also doesn't impact queue time at all.

UI Changes
There are some really nice changes to the user interface. First, the section on the right gets revamped. The current data is still available, but the default view changes to a listing of pros & cons for the plane, as well as your dps (damage per second) at various ranges. This is a WONDERFUL change and will allow you to learn your effective weapon ranges. 

As you can see, the Bf 109 G deals 278 dps up to 460m, 180 dps from 460-576m and has a maximum range of 720m. That is, you can keep shooting from 576 to 720m, but your damage will be negligible. 

By comparison, the P-51 D deals more damage in close (300 dps up to 500m), but since it only has machine guns, it only has 1 range (short). Unfortunately, they still don't list "time to overheat", which is a significant stat on guns. 

New Equipment
All of the equipment that was recently available from missions only can now be purchased, giving you more opportunity to customize your plane. You can get as many as 15% more hp, more maneuverability, +15% tail gunner range, etc. This is a really nice addition.

New Consummables
Likewise, the consumables that were recently available from missions only have also been added. High altitude heavies can purchase engine cooling. Multi-roles can get weapon cooling. Fighters can get temporary maneuverability boosts. 

New Sounds
They have changed the sounds of almost all of the guns. It's disconcerting at first, but I think I'll probably like it once I get used to it. 

In-Battle UI
They have made some nice changes to the UI during battle as well. If an enemy plane suffers critical damage, they receive an icon next to their hp bar, so you know what was damaged. This is a useful piece of information. For example, if you're in a Spitfire against a Zero with a damaged tail, you can out-turn them. 

A big icon also appears to let you know you're on fire, making it that much more obvious. 

Bots to Increase Battle Size / reduce Queue Times
In order to combat the increased queue times due to the dwindling population, they have decided to add bots to standard battles. This is a probably a good idea, except that it's horribly executed (see below). 

The bots should only be added if flying in a tier with low numbers of players. So far I've seen a minimum of 7 on 7 (with 1 human player per side). When we had 3 humans per side, they still added 6 bots to make it 9 vs 9.

Of course, a better idea would have been to actually market the game to bring in more players. There are plenty of free/cheap ways to market this game to bring in more players. I've already shared several with one of the mods and received no response. 

Can Set Bot Difficulty to 3 levels in Training
Bots now have 3 skill levels that can be set during training:

In addition to this, the bots have better AI. They climb, stay on target, avoid head-to-head if you have superior firepower, don't lawn-dart (although they do still fly into mountains and other obstacles). They also communicate using the F-keys, although I'm not sure if they respond to your use of F-keys. They certainly don't pay attention to marking the map (more on this later).

THE BAD

Increased Chance to Critical Hit & Start Fires
You will catch fire almost every battle, frequently more than once. That's going to increase your credit costs since you will be using a fire extinguisher constantly. 

You will also suffer critical hits almost every battle, frequently more than once, so get used to flying a damaged plane. 

This makes battles a little more random (which is good). If an enemy gets on your tail, you can no longer eat some damage so that you can finish off your target, because if your enemy gets a clean shot at you, you're going to get critically hit! However, the frequency is just too high. In the first burst, I had my left wing critically hit. The second burst critically hit my right wing.

If we're forced to use 3 consumables every single match, then that's another 9,000+ credits per battle, which is more than the best non-premium planes on non-premium accounts are capable of earning per battle! What's worse, this isn't the only massive cost increase you will see (more on this later). 

Best Consumables Cost Gold
The best consumables are only available for gold. For most items, this isn't a big advantage. For example, an automatic Pneumatic Restarter will only save the time it takes for you to press the appropriate key - hardly a major advantage. However, an Improved Fire Extinguisher gets 2 uses, a HUGE advantage considering how often you will get lit on fire! 

Best Ammo Costs Gold
Standard Ammo is free. Armor Piercing Ammo costs credits. The rest cost gold:

As you can see, the damage remains the same, but premium ammo has an increased chance to:

• score a critical hit
  • light a plane on fire

Those are SIGNIFICANT increases which will give those buying gold a HUGE advantage, making this a pay-to-win game if 1.9 launches as is. 

An Me 262 will cost 36g per battle in premium ammo. If you fly 23 battles a day in that plane and want the best ammo, then you'll be spending $100/month!

THE UGLY

Armor Piercing Rounds Cost Twice as Much
Not only will the pilots buying ammo with gold have a huge advantage over you (due to having either a higher chance of scoring criticals or a higher chance of lighting you on fire), but if you use the Armor Piercing rounds, then you had better be paying for a premium account. 

Over my last 145 battles in my Beaufighter, I have a 71% win rate, 48% survival rate, and average 557 base xp per battle. These are my average financials:

14,607 base credits earned per battle
  2,108 average repair costs
  5,922 average service cost (7,950 max)
 6,667 average credits added to bank (no premium)

However, in 1.9 the cost of the Armor Piercing rounds (the only rounds you can buy with credits) almost triples from 4,800 to 12,600. That's an increase of 7,800 credits, which is 1,133 more credits than I make on average in that plane (an above average non-premium money making plane). Good luck tiering up your planes unless either you use Standard Ammo or buy a premium account. Considering that most Armor Piercing rounds give a 50% increased chance of fire and of scoring a critical hit, it's a HUGE upgrade over Standard Ammo. If you can't afford a premium account, then you can't compete. This change will single-handedly kill the game.

Even with a premium account, you'll only earn as many credits as players on a non-premium account earn currently! As a non-premium player, I can assure you that credits will now be your number one obstacle to tiering up. Expect to have a half dozen planes researched that you cannot afford to purchase.

Bot Difficulty seems Random
The bots that are added to each team to fill up the numbers seem to have randomly selected levels of difficulty. If the match is 9-on-9 with only 3 human players per team, your team's 6 bots could all be Beginners while the opposing team's bots could all be Veterans. There's no way to tell the bot's skill level. I don't know if this is true or not, but based on the incredibly one-sided bot battles I've seen, this seems the most likely reason. I've had many battles where my bots got no kills, while the best enemy bots are getting 3-4 kills and doing 800 - 1,300 dmg!

Veteran Bots are DEADLY
Bots are some of the best players in the match with 3-4 bots scoring 25-40-% accuracy every battle (and I'm not talking about the attack aircraft). I've gone head-to-head with a Spitfire in a Yak-9U and come out with 20% hp while he flies off with >50%! 

They also react quicker than any human. There are certain techniques that I use to avoid taking damage in certain situations. However, against bots, not only do they track my movement perfectly, but they stay on target far longer as well.  

Charge of the Bot Brigade!
Although they do gain altitude, bots charge directly towards the enemy. If given a 50/50 head-to-head match-up, they'll take it. They also don't group up, so there are pockets of small battles all across the middle of the map. By the time you arrive, the battle is almost over! 

Keep in mind, I'm saying this as a player who likes to gain altitude while moving forward. This isn't a case of me hanging back, flying around my base until I get to 13,000 feet. I'm climbing while moving forward the entire time, and I'm still late to the fight every match!

CONCLUSION

WoWP will become pay to win game if 1.9 launches as is. That, combined with the ridiculously unbalanced bots will very likely kill the game within 2 weeks.

http://forum.worldof...-test-feedback/

macfloam #50 Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7314 battles
  • [TOP-D] TOP-D

Thanks for the link, but I really don't think it was necessary to quote the entire post ;0

Hopefully a mod will move or delete it. 

RedSpartacus #51 Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17555 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Watched a ground attacker bot not shooting at ground targets next to him, still had two bombs mounted not using them to kill the ground target.

Then I watched another bot he climbed and climbed then went down in a dive and ended up at the tail of a ground attacker bot.

I think camouflage isn't an issue for bots. With all the accuracy it was a stupid move because he had only 1 HP left and got killed by the tail gunner.

The question, does camouflage work with bots ?

RUN WITH THE PACK

Raizei #52 Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

Product Specialist

• Administrator
  • 1110 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Post_Warchylde_, on 19 September 2015 - 01:33 AM, said:

Why in the name of all that's unholy, do you people keep asking for feedback?  It always gets ignored, nothing is ever corrected, and the game releases within 5 days of the CT going live.

What a waste of everyone's time. Quit torturing everyone, and just kill the effin' game already, since that is your obvious intention.

Now go ahead and moderate me, because I have just insulted the character and intelligence of WG staff.

Feedback is always appreciated and as a part of my duties, these issues are compiled and sent to the development team for review. Your perspective as well as the other pilots are important in helping improve the overall experience of the game! We understand that a majority of the community feels that way and we're doing our best to ensure that we improve our processes in order to provide the service you guys deserve.

Thank you for voicing your concerns and we hope that together we can help improve the World of Warplanes experience! :honoring:

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Raizei #53 Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:54 PM

Product Specialist

• Administrator
  • 1110 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Just wanted to pop in this morning to say thank you to everyone who has taken their time to test out some of the new features and provide feedback in this thread! It is really appreciated!

I'm going to be taking some time to verify some of these issues so I can report them to the development team. If you guys encounter any other issues today, please feel free to keep reporting them!

:)

Raizei #54 Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

Product Specialist

• Administrator
  • 1110 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostLobo_Maximus, on 20 September 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

Not a ground breaking bug, but some ships on water maps disappear when u shoot the AA, the icon stays but the ship will disappear.  

Flown a few games on different water-based maps and didn't experience anything like this occurring. I thought I had finally experienced it but turned out to be 100% packetloss before getting disconnected.

Was this happening on a specific map?

dityboycom #55 Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:03 PM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
The bots always know where everyone is on the map, seems like a bit of a problem.

Ens #56 Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• 9399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
CT hasn't worked for me for more than a day now. I can log in, get past "connecting to server" then i just sit at "Updating Hanger..." forever.

Edited by Ens, 21 September 2015 - 08:44 PM.

FlakValleyExpress #57 Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:52 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

Issue: "when destroying an upgrage the system freezes"

Plane Issue: "System freezes while in depot sell"

Plane: IL-40

Occurrences: repeatable

Details:  When going to depot to destroy equipment the game freezes. No response to any key input. I waited 5 minutes and no response. I suspect WoWP cache issue again.  I had to use the Windows task manager to kill the WoWP.exe process. No WoWP logs where created. Attachments included along with screenshot.

Screenshot

Spoiler

Update #1 : After deleting the WoWP cache file, I was able to go back into the IL-40 updates and destroy the upgrade sucessfully

update #2: if you have no gold and the game trys to demount, however it doess not give a destroy option. the game freezes at that point. To clear you have to do what I did above.

Attached Files

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 22 September 2015 - 09:36 PM.

Vae victis

EasternDragon_2014 #58 Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5951 battles

View PostEns, on 21 September 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

CT hasn't worked for me for more than a day now. I can log in, get past "connecting to server" then i just sit at "Updating Hanger..." forever.

Is that the non unicode language problem just like 1.7 CT?

Raizei #59 Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:43 PM

Product Specialist

• Administrator
  • 1110 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostEasternDragon_2014, on 21 September 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

Is that the non unicode language problem just like 1.7 CT?

View PostEns, on 21 September 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Really interesting that you guys mentioned this issue. We had a report of a player experiencing the same issue after completing all troubleshooting but it was still happening.

For whatever reason, he changed the in-game language setting from the launcher and logged into the game, exited, switched back to the preferred language, logged back in and he was able to progress past the Updating Hangar issue.

Now this isn't a guarantee yet that it is a workaround fix for the issue but it is something to try while we wait for the actual fix :)

FlakValleyExpress #60 Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

Issue: "When loading the match, the game closed"

Plane Issue: "Game crashed to desktop"

Plane: Me.109G

Details:  When going into a Match the game closed and went to the dektop. There are no WoWP log file for the session. I was able to get back into the match by reloading the game. Attachments included here

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 22 September 2015 - 09:41 PM.

Vae victis

Also tagged with 1.9

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users