WoWP 1.9 Public test Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

Poll: Changes in 1.9 CT (115 members have cast votes)

How do you like the changes to the Crit system?

1. I like the new system. (36 votes [31.30%])

Percentage of vote: 31.30%

2. I do not like the feature (31 votes [26.96%])

Percentage of vote: 26.96%

3. It's a step in the right direction, but still needs work. (48 votes [41.74%])

Percentage of vote: 41.74%

What do you think of the smarter bots?

1. The bots are too smart, and destroy me often. (28 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

2. The new bots are too easy, they need more work. (13 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

3. Doesn't concern me at all. (75 votes [64.66%])

Percentage of vote: 64.66%

New interface changes

1. I think the new interface changes are good. (43 votes [37.39%])

Percentage of vote: 37.39%

2. I do not like the new interface changes. (29 votes [25.22%])

Percentage of vote: 25.22%

3. I like the changes to the UI, but more work is needed (43 votes [37.39%])

Percentage of vote: 37.39%

How do you feel about the changes to equipment?

1. They make the planes overpowered. (8 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

2. They do not make enough of a change for me to really notice. (10 votes [8.62%])

Percentage of vote: 8.62%

3. Some are okay, others need work. (45 votes [38.79%])

Percentage of vote: 38.79%

4. Do not like at all. (25 votes [21.55%])

Percentage of vote: 21.55%

5. I like the new options I have (28 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

Changes to ammo belts

1. I like the new ammo belt types (13 votes [11.30%])

Percentage of vote: 11.30%

2. I do not like the new types of ammo belts (14 votes [12.17%])

Percentage of vote: 12.17%

3. The belts are good, but bring back the option to purchase with credits (88 votes [76.52%])

Percentage of vote: 76.52%

Bots in the Standard Battles

1. I like having full battles, even if bots are involved. (65 votes [59.63%])

Percentage of vote: 59.63%

2. Bots in the standard battles is terrible. (22 votes [20.18%])

Percentage of vote: 20.18%

3. I like the bots, but they are not "Smart" enough (8 votes [7.34%])

Percentage of vote: 7.34%

4. I like the bots, but they are too powerful (14 votes [12.84%])

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

Vote Hide poll

subwolve #41 Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5107 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
So far the only two dislikes I have are the the machine guns are a little harder to kill with but I am sure that the my 250 ping isn't helping that matter and not having the option to buy the different ammo belts with credits. I enjoyed flying my BF110C against the bots. It almost reminded me of when I first purchased it during the release. The cannon over heats super fast but it should considering that it will melt any other tier 4. Everyone has a differing opinion but so far my experience has been positive.

tanky_the_tank #42 Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13241 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 18 September 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

Cons:
  • First aid kit no loner completely heals pilot
  • Having 7 bots to each real person at T10 this is pretty ridiculous whoever engages the other first wins because its them and 3 of their bots while your bots are off running around on their own doing nothing resembling teamwork
  • Bots are ignored until real players are eliminated and then they are cleaned up at the end, which takes forever because they're all running for their lives
  • There are way too many bots per game, fortunately it is not 6 players and 24 bots, but 4 players and 14 bots is not much better. This should be no more than a 1 to 1 ratio, maybe even 2 to 1 since the bots are so useless
  • Planes should not be locked into battle when only bots are remaining, that is a pretty awful idea, as soon as all human players are eliminated the game should end, I'm not sure how you can resolve this issue short of just eliminating bots, but it is a pretty horrific thought to think that I have to wait until all the bots are done killing each other.

What does first aid kit do now?

Didn't try test server, is every battle 15 v 15? Don't need 15 v 15 to have a good match, middle size teams can be fun. 15 v 15 helps it not feel so empty tho.

Snowball fight mission last year was good preview of bot battles. Was same deal, hunt down humans who can organize to beat you, if you're lucky catch them fighting bots. Kill all humans then fight predictable disorganized bots. Spend most of match cleaning up bots unless humans put up a tough fight. Didn't do much for team balance, experienced players would plow through weaker players who didn't realize they were hunted.

Snowball and battle against bots were instant draw when all humans died. Winning or losing with locked plane is an improvement. They could make it finish fight right away but maybe this way is easier on server or gets more accurate result cause it's simming every plane position or it helps keep players from getting lots of extra xp on a plane cause of faster ending battles. Dunno.

MM being slow makes no sense, why have MM spend lots of time on balance if you can make any bot plane to fill gaps on team.

View Post Traurig_Yoda, on 14 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

another ridiculous remark by TtT.

tanky_the_tank #43 Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13241 battles

View PostEns, on 19 September 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

* So, bots cry for help, but don't answer calls for help which makes them about as useful to me as a new player - maybe in 1.9.1 could bots respond to SOS calls and coordinated attacks (within reason)?

Sounds like new player all right. Will reinforce bad player habits.

Hochstepanzerjager #44 Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 512 battles
  • [SBSDZ] SBSDZ

I still don't get why you guys don't do like the WOT test server and give people that want to test the planes enough free XP and credits to unlock everything in one go on the server, so they can ACTUAlLLY test the planes they want, instead of turning the test server into a grind also...You'd actually get more participation from the community doing so.

And that's been a complaint since day one of the existence of this test server.

"Fly with your head, not with your muscles" - Maj. Erich Hartmann

BrushWolf #45 Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostHochstepanzerjager, on 19 September 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

I still don't get why you guys don't do like the WOT test server and give people that want to test the planes enough free XP and credits to unlock everything in one go on the server, so they can ACTUAlLLY test the planes they want, instead of turning the test server into a grind also...You'd actually get more participation from the community doing so.

And that's been a complaint since day one of the existence of this test server.

I haven't been on this CT yet, at the laundry drying my clothes, but the WoT method is to test tier 10 and the hell with the other tiers. On the WoT CT it is almost impossible to que up anything under tier 7, que up a 5 and you will time out and be sent back to the garage.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

DrSinister #46 Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Posttanky_the_tank, on 19 September 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Didn't try test server, is every battle 15 v 15? Don't need 15 v 15 to have a good match, middle size teams can be fun. 15 v 15 helps it not feel so empty tho.

The battles I played in Tier 7 and 8 last night I did not get a 15v15 matches with the bots.  It was always 2 human, 1 on each side, and then 6-7 bots on each side.  I have yet to see a single 2 tier or 3 tier match, even if the queue has 2 in Tier 6, 2 in Tier 7 and 2 in Tier 8.  It will only pull your tier and put bots in.  I can understand not do the 3 tier spread but why not at least a 2 tier spread??

WanderingGhost #47 Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9345 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostDrSinister, on 19 September 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

The battles I played in Tier 7 and 8 last night I did not get a 15v15 matches with the bots.  It was always 2 human, 1 on each side, and then 6-7 bots on each side.  I have yet to see a single 2 tier or 3 tier match, even if the queue has 2 in Tier 6, 2 in Tier 7 and 2 in Tier 8.  It will only pull your tier and put bots in.  I can understand not do the 3 tier spread but why not at least a 2 tier spread??

It does do a two tier spread, at least in some circumstances, Was in a tier 8 and 9 battle because it pulled humans in both tiers. Most are saying it's likely because it uses the RU MM which wasn't altered like ours.

Aces/Destroyer/Ace(post1.9)(#of/#) - A6M1(7/1), P-36(1), BF-109b(3), Ao-192(1), beaufighter(3/1), BF-109z(2), P-12(2), A6M2(3), P-51a(4), Yak-7(2), Bf-110C-6(2), F4F(2/4), Blenheim(2), BSH-2(1), XP-50(1),  BF-109f(1), LA-5(1), Spitfire I(2), P-40 M-105(3), BF-110e(1), F4U-1(1), FW-190 A-5(4), I-16e.(1), XF4F-3(1), A6M5(5), F7F(1), XF4U-1(1), Bf-109E (1), A7M (2), I-16l (1), P-38f (1), P-40 (1), Mig-3 (1)

Lou #48 Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7780 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

My impressions- First battle, waited 2:50 for a 3vs3 in my me410. bots made up the remainder of the teams. GA bot crashed at start, the other one persisted in flying through trees till it died too.

I will not spend gold on ammo!

Cannons overheat quick, mg's not very effective.

Sounds are pathetic, again.

Gunsight and where my shots go are in two different spots, I guess will have to download a mod to fix it...Wait! that player quit.

I will play some more, but I don't see the point in giving feedback that again won't be listened to.

1.5 for 2015 again for sure!

tanky_the_tank #49 Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13241 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 19 September 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

That team size is ok but too few humans for it.

Dsembr_Rein #50 Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10526 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
You're at a dinner party, the meal is running late, and the house has been filled with the smell of food cooking for the past few hours. You haven't eaten all day, and while you aren't expecting a gourmet meal, the anticipation is near agony. The guests are getting unruly as the night's entertainment has grown stale, but then the host finally announces dinner is ready. You enter the dining room and the sight of the food laid out on the table kicks the hunger pangs into high gear. However, once you take your seat you realize that instead of plates the table has been set with asphalt shingles, instead of silverware it's old, brittle plasticware, and then the host declares that water will be served freely, but wine will be charged by the sip. As you wait for the host to take their sweet time getting themselves situated before they start serving, you notice that many of the other guests have left, and in their place are oddly lifelike mannequins, a tape player duct taped to their chest replaying inane small-talk over and over. This will be an interesting meal, to say the least. 

Edited by Dsembr_Rein, 19 September 2015 - 06:51 PM.

twinn #51 Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

Senior Airman

• 7693 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

There needs to be easier flights in the beginning levels. The topic of a "Rookie Room" has been brought up, where players could learn how to fly and maintain some interest in the game play. As it stands, noobs are just fodder for the experienced players to take out. New gimicky consumables are only going to make this worse, as will the cash only super bullets. (Those are a really bad idea)
It would seem as if the designers are focusing more on the immediate payout from the bullets and "trick pony" consumables and foregoing the long term game development. Players need to be able to develop their skills, and this takes time. Getting wiped off the map in the first seconds of play will only encourage noobs to quit playing. They are your primary resource, and they won't be back.

twinn #52 Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 7693 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 19 September 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

You're at a dinner party, the meal is running late, and the house has been filled with the smell of food cooking for the past few hours. You haven't eaten all day, and while you aren't expecting a gourmet meal, the anticipation is near agony. The guests are getting unruly as the night's entertainment has grown stale, but then the host finally announces dinner is ready. You enter the dining room and the sight of the food laid out on the table kicks the hunger pangs into high gear. However, once you take your seat you realize that instead of plates the table has been set with asphalt shingles, instead of silverware it's old, brittle plasticware, and then the host declares that water will be served freely, but wine will be charged by the sip. As you wait for the host to take their sweet time getting themselves situated before they start serving, you notice that many of the other guests have left, and in their place are oddly lifelike mannequins, a tape player duct taped to their chest replaying inane small-talk over and over. This will be an interesting meal, to say the least. 

Not sure if I agree with your metaphor, but the presentation was outstanding!

Mind_Eraser #53 Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29563 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

Played 10 games in Tier 10

1. Without human interaction this game falls flat on its face. I can really do without 1v1 with 12 bots to fill in the extra space. Basically its the battle of the bots room on steriods

2. Tier 10 - Jw73 and Javelin planes are OP in a bots hands. Jw73 can fly at any altitude and the Javelin can out turn any plane - again in a bots control

3. Hit damage is ridiculas and looks like a firework display on your plane

4. Pay to play gold will never work

5. New sounds sound like metal in a blender

Summary: I think some will like it at first as they will see fuller games but in the long run, or 2 months later people will say the whole "bots" thing is boring and bottom line is this game needs more live players, not the cheap way out and filled in with bots.

Mind_Eraser #54 Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29563 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 19 September 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Ha! That was a great visualization! I like th tape recorder taped to the chest

twinn #55 Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 7693 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View Posttanky_the_tank, on 19 September 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

That team size is ok but too few humans for it.

View PostLou, on 19 September 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

My impressions- First battle, waited 2:50 for a 3vs3 in my me410. bots made up the remainder of the teams. GA bot crashed at start, the other one persisted in flying through trees till it died too.

I will not spend gold on ammo!

Cannons overheat quick, mg's not very effective.

Sounds are pathetic, again.

Gunsight and where my shots go are in two different spots, I guess will have to download a mod to fix it...Wait! that player quit.

I will play some more, but I don't see the point in giving feedback that again won't be listened to.

1.5 for 2015 again for sure!

This would be a good time for the designers to make things easier and encourage new player development. Focus seems to be in the wrong direction, therefore humans aren't staying in the game. 
Pretty sure they want humans to play, bots don't have money.

BrushWolf #56 Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:09 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

After a couple of quick matches, I will answer the poll later after more matches.

1) The bots are smarter, several will focus on an enemy, and they maneuver better while trying to avoid your fire but they are still bots.

2)Standard ammo seems alright but you have no basis to use when looking at the credit and gold ammo, what does 1.6 times really mean? What are the fire and critical chances for standard ammo? What am I getting for my credits or gold?

3) Gold only ammo is wrong, it should be available for credits too as it is on the live server and in WoT.

View PostxX_Spider_Xx, on 19 September 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Played 10 games in Tier 10

1. Without human interaction this game falls flat on its face. I can really do without 1v1 with 12 bots to fill in the extra space. Basically its the battle of the bots room on steriods

2. Tier 10 - Jw73 and Javelin planes are OP in a bots hands. Jw73 can fly at any altitude and the Javelin can out turn any plane - again in a bots control

3. Hit damage is ridiculas and looks like a firework display on your plane

4. Pay to play gold will never work

5. New sounds sound like metal in a blender

Summary: I think some will like it at first as they will see fuller games but in the long run, or 2 months later people will say the whole "bots" thing is boring and bottom line is this game needs more live players, not the cheap way out and filled in with bots.

I think that the bots will work much better here and on the EU server with the 3 vs 3 minimum MM we have if they make that minimum as humans.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Noreaga #57 Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

ok played a few games then gave up in disgust, but not for the reasons you might think

bots are ok wayyyy too easy, think flying saucers snowballs... gets boring fast.

the hanger is so bulky that its a detriment to my fun, waiting 1-3 minutes to change a freaking plane is unacceptable (still... what is that 13 months?)

gunnery change bring us back to a somewhat challenging game all that needs to be done is tighten the bullet stream a little so its harder to hit but when you do its more damage.

the new ammo is just not a factor, ap will continue to be just fine. (don't see you making much profit from it).

This would be a reasonable patch for most other games, but is amazing considering what we have had. its a disappointing patch only because things that don't break the game but are annoying are still there years in. 

Please make it a priority to change the hanger code to either the ships or tanks one this one is just not working, i could fix it by using the 2d mod from your community but that is Persha's job to fix not them.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Mind_Eraser #58 Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29563 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

View PostBrushWolf, on 19 September 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

I think that the bots will work much better here and on the EU server with the 3 vs 3 minimum MM we have if they make that minimum as humans.

Some bots are better than others. I have seen one side get completely destroyed. You think noobs are bad who die quickly, try 3 bots who do the same thing at the begining of the match. And then have the nerve/ artifical intelligence to display the clear my tail feature

My response, dumb bots. Then one by one the rest of my bots will get destroyed. Not by the human player on the other side, but by other smarter bots

lm@o

Then have some LF climb out to an outstanding altitude and give you competetion up high where you know if you were flying that same plane you wouldn't do so well

:sceptic:

DrSinister #59 Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBrushWolf, on 19 September 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

After a couple of quick matches, I will answer the poll later after more matches.

2)Standard ammo seems alright but you have no basis to use when looking at the credit and gold ammo, what does 1.6 times really mean? What are the fire and critical chances for standard ammo? What am I getting for my credits or gold?

All planes has a 20% chance to catch fire.  

So any ammo that has an X multiplier, for example: 1.6x chance to cause fire = 32% chance to catch fire.

Critical Chance I can tell you at this time and it might not be in the game files, but I will search, maybe I can come up with something.

View PostWanderingGhost, on 19 September 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

It does do a two tier spread, at least in some circumstances, Was in a tier 8 and 9 battle because it pulled humans in both tiers. Most are saying it's likely because it uses the RU MM which wasn't altered like ours.

Well that is good to know that 2 tier still happens, just not in the 10 games I tried last night.

dityboycom #60 Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

Colonel

• 10233 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostEns, on 19 September 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

In closing to this post

I love the direction 1.9 is going, but it's not there yet. Please please take your time in releasing it. Be willing to take in the mounds of feedback you are getting, take CT down for a couple of weeks while changes are made, then bring CT back up, gather more feedback, and be willing to do it again if needed. Too often CT feedback is rolled in then it goes live without another CT iteration - this practice of blind fixing has failed enough times that it shouldn't be too hard to make a solid case to run another round of CT. Then still plan for the worst - have a roll back plan no matter how extreme it may be - this will still be a major change which may warrant a temporary rollback no matter how much care is taken prior to launch. Even if the rollback essentially resets everyone, even new accounts, to the day before 1.9.0 goes live - so be it - give an apology and prevent a fatal population drop. And make it known to every player that WG is taking the release very seriously and has such a contingency plan will make the decision to roll back or not in X many days. This game will simply not survive another major population drop of even 30% for two weeks in the US and EU isn't far behind. I truly love this game and I do not want to witness its death anytime soon.

-Ens

P.S. I've updated my marker range mod for 1.9.0 - markers to 10k!

:teethhappy:

Oh buddy, this is going live as is, no changes will be made besides minor bug fixes. Their plan is to continuously drastically change the game until absolutely everyone is gone, they're even moderating anyone who does not like this patch on the RU server. (which is basically everyone)

They can't continue to pull 1.5's out there hat and think it's going to work, you don't flip a switch and completely take a game into another direction than it has been going for the past year. Every bullet travels the same speed, killing someone is completely RNG, the sounds continue to get worse, and they completely reworked the flight engine, and many other mechanics. 1.9 will not be recognizable to 1.8 players, sure some will adapt, some won't, others will just giggle at the ineptitude presented.

It would be sweet if one day, just one day an actual developer from this game stopped by our forum to discuss things with us, you know? Like they do in ships?  If you could do anything you have done for ships, for planes, that would be awesome. Instead of using middle men to "compile" our feed back and send a list to our all mighty world of warplanes developers, when really what they're doing is filtering feedback to not offend the developers hard work and protect their jobs. News flash, filtering your problems won't make your problems go away.

Knowing the stringent requirements a trouble ticket has to meet to be forwarded to the developers for consideration, I can only imagine their requirements on CT feedback, and with that imagination I come to the realization of why this game is headed to 1.9.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users