WoWP 1.9 Public test Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

Poll: Changes in 1.9 CT (115 members have cast votes)

How do you like the changes to the Crit system?

1. I like the new system. (36 votes [31.30%])

Percentage of vote: 31.30%

2. I do not like the feature (31 votes [26.96%])

Percentage of vote: 26.96%

3. It's a step in the right direction, but still needs work. (48 votes [41.74%])

Percentage of vote: 41.74%

What do you think of the smarter bots?

1. The bots are too smart, and destroy me often. (28 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

2. The new bots are too easy, they need more work. (13 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

3. Doesn't concern me at all. (75 votes [64.66%])

Percentage of vote: 64.66%

New interface changes

1. I think the new interface changes are good. (43 votes [37.39%])

Percentage of vote: 37.39%

2. I do not like the new interface changes. (29 votes [25.22%])

Percentage of vote: 25.22%

3. I like the changes to the UI, but more work is needed (43 votes [37.39%])

Percentage of vote: 37.39%

How do you feel about the changes to equipment?

1. They make the planes overpowered. (8 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

2. They do not make enough of a change for me to really notice. (10 votes [8.62%])

Percentage of vote: 8.62%

3. Some are okay, others need work. (45 votes [38.79%])

Percentage of vote: 38.79%

4. Do not like at all. (25 votes [21.55%])

Percentage of vote: 21.55%

5. I like the new options I have (28 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

Changes to ammo belts

1. I like the new ammo belt types (13 votes [11.30%])

Percentage of vote: 11.30%

2. I do not like the new types of ammo belts (14 votes [12.17%])

Percentage of vote: 12.17%

3. The belts are good, but bring back the option to purchase with credits (88 votes [76.52%])

Percentage of vote: 76.52%

Bots in the Standard Battles

1. I like having full battles, even if bots are involved. (65 votes [59.63%])

Percentage of vote: 59.63%

2. Bots in the standard battles is terrible. (22 votes [20.18%])

Percentage of vote: 20.18%

3. I like the bots, but they are not "Smart" enough (8 votes [7.34%])

Percentage of vote: 7.34%

4. I like the bots, but they are too powerful (14 votes [12.84%])

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

Vote Hide poll

EspressoForHammy #141 Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5219 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Reporderated.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

TexasTC #142 Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1570 battles
How long are the CT servers up before a patch launch usually? I haven't been on the NA server since the CT started not sure I miss it. I am ready for 1.9 to go live but I am going to miss the multipliers and my higher tiered planes, all 38 of them lol.

dityboycom #143 Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

Colonel

• 10174 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostTexasTC, on 04 October 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

How long are the CT servers up before a patch launch usually? I haven't been on the NA server since the CT started not sure I miss it. I am ready for 1.9 to go live but I am going to miss the multipliers and my higher tiered planes, all 38 of them lol.

They range from 48 hours to 2 weeks. This is the second week of this CT, and I would be surprised if it did not go live by Thurs/Fri. They did state this will be one of the longer iterations since they're making massive changes.

WOW

TexasTC #144 Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1570 battles
Thanks!

FlakValleyExpress #145 Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:31 PM

Captain

• 11950 battles
New game mechanics now. Ties goes to the bot. Any time you are in a close match, go HTH to get a bot death (one salvo away) kill, you will lose despite your high skill rate. Somehow you gun dispersion is always worse for you when compared to a bot. :facepalm:

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

The_Brett #146 Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 8336 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postdityboycom, on 05 October 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

They range from 48 hours to 2 weeks. This is the second week of this CT, and I would be surprised if it did not go live by Thurs/Fri. They did state this will be one of the longer iterations since they're making massive changes.

This is definitely one of the longest test runs I have seen in a while. We are on the third week and they have not announced the release yet. It's nice that it wasn't rushed out.

On a separate note, I finally got around to playing with my P-40 in the test. The range on the machine guns is less but they don't heat up as fast and you can chew an enemy up in a decent amount of time. My initial thought was that we would see nothing but aircraft equipped with cannons  but they overheat so fast now that it might not be the case. There is the weapons cooling consumable now so people may spend a ton of money on those to keep the cannons firing. It's nice to be playing in full matches again even if the bots have the advantage of always knowing where you are and great aim. It'll keep things interesting for sure all computer generated trash talk aside.

BrushWolf #147 Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postdityboycom, on 05 October 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

View PostThe_Brett, on 06 October 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

This is definitely one of the longest test runs I have seen in a while. We are on the third week and they have not announced the release yet. It's nice that it wasn't rushed out.

On a separate note, I finally got around to playing with my P-40 in the test. The range on the machine guns is less but they don't heat up as fast and you can chew an enemy up in a decent amount of time. My initial thought was that we would see nothing but aircraft equipped with cannons  but they overheat so fast now that it might not be the case. There is the weapons cooling consumable now so people may spend a ton of money on those to keep the cannons firing. It's nice to be playing in full matches again even if the bots have the advantage of always knowing where you are and great aim. It'll keep things interesting for sure all computer generated trash talk aside.

The EU server is getting this patch tomorrow the 7th. I would guess that we will see it on the 8th unless they do an unannounced simultaneous patch.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Whiskey__ #148 Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• 21962 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

I have noticed that the tooltips in the carousel part of the hanger have been reworked.  Some good information was added but some good information appears to have been omitted. I read in the notes for the Public Test spoke about this change and one line from the list says "Tooltips for planes in carousel and research tree were reworked". It didn't clarify what the changes were but I discovered in the 1.9 test program that the type, size and number of weapons on the planes were eliminated. I can't speak for anyone else but that information was good to have rather than just the "oatmeal" fire power. The research tree is a different story and that information is critical in making decisions on purchasing a new plane. I would also like to have that information added to the teams list at the beginning of the battle including number of each weapon, caliber of each weapon, type, size and number of bombs and or rockets. As it stands players see what the firepower is but no clue as to how that number was arrived at. Does the addition of bombs or rockets add to the firepower, if not they absolutely should and if that influences the overall firepower how much of the firepower rating is due to machine guns and autocannons? That's something that all pilots would want to know before tangling with an opponent carrying a couple of small bombs but massive machine guns. Aside from the attack aircraft the game is all about dogfighting other planes and that means guns. Please at least put that info back into the tooltips of the hanger's carousel.

Respectfully,

Whiskey_Soda[GRS]

Whiskey_Soda

You Supply The Soda :)

TexasTC #149 Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1570 battles
is the CT over? I cant get in. But I am having ridiculous packet loss and ping issues on NA server. over 1k ping and packet loss up to 100% Ive tried to fly 3 missions and so far I have become one with the ground all three times due to the lag.  Normally I'm pinging @60 and on the CT @180. Frustrated.

Tarl_Dichari #150 Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 8633 battles
Yes, it appears to be over.  1.9 goes live tomorrow for NA.  I think overseas is getting it now.

BrushWolf #151 Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostTarl_Dichari, on 07 October 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

Yes, it appears to be over.  1.9 goes live tomorrow for NA.  I think overseas is getting it now.

EU got it today and I think RU got it Monday..

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Tarl_Dichari #152 Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

Senior Airman

• 8633 battles

to make it a more rewarding experience they should combine the EU, RU and NA servers.  I played with all those guys from all over the world in the 1.9 CT, I had no issues.  You'd have a much bigger user base.

Tonzzo #153 Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:09 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostTexasTC, on 07 October 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

is the CT over? I cant get in. But I am having ridiculous packet loss and ping issues on NA server. over 1k ping and packet loss up to 100% Ive tried to fly 3 missions and so far I have become one with the ground all three times due to the lag.  Normally I'm pinging @60 and on the CT @180. Frustrated.

Yes 1.9 goes live tomorrow...

But lets recap the feedback and see what they are addressing before launch!!!

Question #1

How do you like the changes to the Crit system?

27.45% said they DO NOT LIKE the feature!

41.18% said it still needs work!

68.63% of the people essentially said not ready for release.....  What did WG do?

Ok ok ok...  Question #2 though.....

What do you think of the smarter bots?

I found it interesting that more people stated that they are to hard compared to....  their to easy....  However I myself thought they would be like the bots in BvB and was pleasantly supprised to see how much better they were....  Even with that with the right situational awareness and simply maintaining the advantage / a advantage...  The bots are easy to carry against...  The problem lies in the fact that the majority of people in this game don't know the first thing about a advantage or how to carry.  Pub Russian into the fight will only get you killed FAST!  The OP BOT threads are coming....  Already I can see where these bots are fully upgraded and shooting GOLD ONLY rounds...  Most meh players will feel the need to P2W (pay to win) just to compete...  Either way Im sure this is a work in progress and many changes will take place....  Therefore like the majority of people said..... It doesn't concern me as im sure the skill of these bots will be nerfed in time as people complain....  The biggest issue with bots is that they are far more deadly in lower tier battles due to the fact that gaining and maintaining a advantage is far more difficult in lower performance aircraft. 

What should WG do about this?

On Question #3

New interface changes

Overall like the poll shows...  The new UI is ok....  Atleast you didn't add some easy to delete important things without any ability to restore it once clicked type button....  EVEN THOUGH YOU STILL LEFT THE DELETE PILOT BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!  Only proves that the DEV team doesn't listen....  Nobody said the hanger UI sucked....  Or needed to be changed....  We did ask that the delete pilot button be removed and that the loading hanger takes forever which was only exacerbated by this new UI and now takes a little longer....

Thanks WG!!!!!!

In response to "Thanks, Obama" comments. no please.. it's already too late, OP.

Question #4

How do you feel about the changes to equipment?

Really its almost a 3 way tie on this and really its sort of like 6 of one half baked bull....  Really there are any number of configuration of equipment you can have....  However adding better maneuverability to a plane that should be lateral BnZ is silly....  Throw more speed on it and stay out of guns that way....  This could go on and on but really its just preference until finally the whole population gravitates to one end....  What chaps my hide is the idea that the Dev team wants to talk about "balance" but then we confudle the whole thing with these different equipment load outs....  Is any of this stuff going to be determined OP?  Hell no...  But when the majority of the population cant manage a strategic advantage....  The last thing we should do is have them try to figure out the right equipment layout.....  Hell I trained a few people over the years and found where they didn't even have equipment at all...  Any UI tutorial in that new UI?  NOPE!

I guess the Dev teams just going to have more to balance.....

Question 5

Changes to ammo belts

1. I like the new ammo belt types (8 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

2. I do not like the new types of ammo belts (13 votes [12.75%])

Percentage of vote: 12.75%

3. The belts are good, but bring back the option to purchase with credits (81 votes [79.41%])

Percentage of vote: 79.41%

If your going to make these threads and ask our feedback....  The least you can do IS LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You think you can just mess with your customers like this?  :angry:

Lastly is Question #6

Bots in the Standard Battles

All in all WG has made it necceary for us to have Bots in battles.  We all want full battles....  Even with the Bots WG cant do it....  Its always 8 on 8 ish....  No matter what in a PvP game it is certainly a telling sign that "business as usual" has not worked....  In the end if WG wants to make money they are going to need to change how they treat their customers...  Pure and simple....  Bots in standard battles may help....  It may also be what does them in....  Regardless their presence / necessity is a obvious admittance of WG failing to listen to their customers....  Now bots are introduced and the feedback of the very patch in which they are introduced is ignored....  Just ram it down our throats so we cant respond next time.....

Jetway #154 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
They should have added crit chance to guns that are big caliber and hard to hit with like German 30's and left the gun system alone.  Bots are here to give the impression of bigger battles and draw noobs in to play.  When noobs consistently get shot down by bots all the time then that's not going to work.  I hate always having new sounds.  Nerfing jet boost was stupid.  It now seems like much less of a difference between low alt and high alt planes.  I like the new equipment because there are so many options not everyone will run the same stuff like we did.  We still have no end game content but we have new sounds. Yay!  The game was good in 1.8 I thought and just needed slight tweaking here and there with end game content and I had hope for the bots.  As always one should never have hope when war gaming is involved.  They completely changed everything.  I'm going to be like Dity and start looking for new games.  This game has already drawn it's last breath.

Jetway.png

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game

SluggerJackson #155 Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6188 battles
I'm not a fan of the new sounds, but that is the least of my worries.  Why can't we move pilots around like you can in WoWS?  What is the crit, and fire chance of standard ammo?  Why get rid of the armored plexiglass?  I need more tracers!

Lead_Belly_ #156 Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:03 AM

Airman Basic

• 4292 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
We lost the personality to this game. This is a social and a human interactive game. What are they thinking???

EvilSnowMan14 #157 Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 25327 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Wish they would give the option for Pitch up or Down. Kinda weird to remove that option. Please give us the option to assign pitch UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EspressoForHammy #158 Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5219 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostEvilSnowMan14, on 01 March 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Wish they would give the option for Pitch up or Down. Kinda weird to remove that option. Please give us the option to assign pitch UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do. I believe the default setting might be the PageUp key on your keyboard.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

GouIdy #159 Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18229 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEvilSnowMan14, on 01 March 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

http://forum.worldof...te-test-forums/

mnbv_fockewulfe #160 Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4381 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

View PostGouIdy, on 01 March 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Troll. :sceptic:

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users