WoWP 1.9 Public test Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

Poll: Changes in 1.9 CT (115 members have cast votes)

How do you like the changes to the Crit system?

1. I like the new system. (36 votes [31.30%])

Percentage of vote: 31.30%

2. I do not like the feature (31 votes [26.96%])

Percentage of vote: 26.96%

3. It's a step in the right direction, but still needs work. (48 votes [41.74%])

Percentage of vote: 41.74%

What do you think of the smarter bots?

1. The bots are too smart, and destroy me often. (28 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

2. The new bots are too easy, they need more work. (13 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

3. Doesn't concern me at all. (75 votes [64.66%])

Percentage of vote: 64.66%

New interface changes

1. I think the new interface changes are good. (43 votes [37.39%])

Percentage of vote: 37.39%

2. I do not like the new interface changes. (29 votes [25.22%])

Percentage of vote: 25.22%

3. I like the changes to the UI, but more work is needed (43 votes [37.39%])

Percentage of vote: 37.39%

How do you feel about the changes to equipment?

1. They make the planes overpowered. (8 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

2. They do not make enough of a change for me to really notice. (10 votes [8.62%])

Percentage of vote: 8.62%

3. Some are okay, others need work. (45 votes [38.79%])

Percentage of vote: 38.79%

4. Do not like at all. (25 votes [21.55%])

Percentage of vote: 21.55%

5. I like the new options I have (28 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

Changes to ammo belts

1. I like the new ammo belt types (13 votes [11.30%])

Percentage of vote: 11.30%

2. I do not like the new types of ammo belts (14 votes [12.17%])

Percentage of vote: 12.17%

3. The belts are good, but bring back the option to purchase with credits (88 votes [76.52%])

Percentage of vote: 76.52%

Bots in the Standard Battles

1. I like having full battles, even if bots are involved. (65 votes [59.63%])

Percentage of vote: 59.63%

2. Bots in the standard battles is terrible. (22 votes [20.18%])

Percentage of vote: 20.18%

3. I like the bots, but they are not "Smart" enough (8 votes [7.34%])

Percentage of vote: 7.34%

4. I like the bots, but they are too powerful (14 votes [12.84%])

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

Vote Hide poll

GhostPrime #1 Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Pilots! 

It's time for the update 1.9 public test! 

This test introduces many new features to the critical damage model, and improved bots. 

Please leave your feedback on these changes, and features here. 

Please see the patch notes here:

Spoiler

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:57 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

I like to create HYPE as well, but this will only confuse some people, you see, you have posted the poll, but not the link to the CT download.  This will confuse some people to no end.

I will accept this as HYPE and move on with my life, excitedly waiting for the link.

Thanks WG!

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MO_E #3 Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

opps

Edited by maurice4909, 18 September 2015 - 05:35 PM.

CrayolaCrayon #4 Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Um did they get rid of muzzle velocity and give everything the same speed now? I don't see muzzle velocity listed anymore.

Carronade32 #5 Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 36 battles
Wow they screwed us out of the link to see how much there are going to screw us.....almost poetic in WG lingo. 

AmeleeofAirparts_ #6 Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Even with bots it's still 3 minutes to a match about... and with plenty in queue. 

Please apply dirt, rocks and trees to your aircraft sparingly.

I have this theory that loudly ticking clocks can be wound with massive blunt objects.  By striking the clock with great force the energy would transfer into the gears, not unlike winding it.   I plan on testing this someday.

GhostPrime #7 Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:18 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

The portal article should be up soon, in the meantime here is the link to the download:

http://redirect.warg.../web_install_ct

Find us on Facebook!

dityboycom #8 Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:22 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Pros:

I am a fan of the new equipment, well done plenty of customization options, so there is no standard load out for what equipment to use ( yet )I am sure we will find what is useful and what is not in no time. I am not a fan of the limitations per aircraft, this is where that customization I would like is not available,  you have eliminated some of the more useful equipment in lieu of things that don't do much for you, especially since its near impossible to get any control surface shot off even though they are all damaged by the end of the game regardless if you're low on HP or not.

Cons:

• First aid kit no loner completely heals pilot
  • New gun sounds are awful, and don't make you feel as involved
  • Even when a control surface goes red it does not break off, if its going to go red it needs to break off.
  • Being able to see what critical hits I made on the other target is pretty dumb, this lets me know what to focus without much thought, its pretty dumb to bring back realistic damage models at the same time as introducing these very arcade consumables
  • The damage to modules and planes is excessive, and needs to be tuned back. Losing half of your health in one hit, and dying in two hits is not fun for anyone, this may have appealed to the original crowd, but they're long gone and this will not work to attract new players, I know I would have left a long time ago if I was trying to learn this game and kept losing half my health when I ran into heavy fighters in one hit. Often this results in being out of the fight before you know you're in the fight, its especially irritating when its a bot that swings in behind you and does it.
  • Planes feel awful
  • When you come out of battle the hangar randomly selects another plane, not the last one flown
  • Wind sound is back, it's like this every test iteration, not entirely sure why
  • The new sound changes are pretty awful, please put the sounds back to the way they were in 1.6, and stop trying to "improve" the garbage you currently have in the game, please give us an option to turn off "hit feed back" and all these dumb beeps and chirps everytime you touch anything.
  • Bots are not very intelligent, they spend more time running away then engaging, when they do engage, they only engage preoccupied targets, or insist on head on attacks
  • Bots also continue to fire even with over heated guns and seem to be unavoidable at T10 once they get on your tail, they know what you're doing before you know what you're doing, its not this way T9 -T 6, but is this way at T2, problem much?
  • Having 7 bots to each real person at T10 this is pretty ridiculous whoever engages the other first wins because its them and 3 of their bots while your bots are off running around on their own doing nothing resembling teamwork
  • Bots are ignored until real players are eliminated and then they are cleaned up at the end, which takes forever because they're all running for their lives
  • Bots do not evade fire well, they basically just fly straight until they die just like in bot battles
  • There are way too many bots per game, fortunately it is not 6 players and 24 bots, but 4 players and 14 bots is not much better. This should be no more than a 1 to 1 ratio, maybe even 2 to 1 since the bots are so useless
  • The gold prices on ammunition is ridiculous, should be no more than 1 gold per belt, who is going to spend 14 gold per game?
  • The gold prices on consumables is just as ridiculous, you have no end game yet you charge up the [edited]for useless consumables that do nothing but ignore game mechanics
  • The new power up consumables are OP, and really take away from anything you had left going for this game, I'm not entirely sure what the direction is with this game, it would be awesome to hear from one of the developers for once in this games life on the NA servers in English about what it is their goal is because right now it makes absolutely no sense the changes they're making and none of them are linear they all seem sparatic and useless.
  • Planes should not be locked into battle when only bots are remaining, that is a pretty awful idea, as soon as all human players are eliminated the game should end, I'm not sure how you can resolve this issue short of just eliminating bots, but it is a pretty horrific thought to think that I have to wait until all the bots are done killing each other.
  • Machine gun sounds don't exist on several planes, all you can hear is the wind, not even your own engine, it seems to be only one firing sound at a time
  • Overheat cycles are ridiculous

Edited by dityboycom, 18 September 2015 - 11:54 PM.

AmeleeofAirparts_ #9 Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Another thing I noticed:  Lead indicators seem especially bad and extremely off now.  I would be willing to bet they changed the projectile travel speed significantly without bothering to adjust the lead indicators accordingly.

View PostCrayolaCrayon, on 18 September 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Um did they get rid of muzzle velocity and give everything the same speed now? I don't see muzzle velocity listed anymore.

Not knowing what they did to muzzle velocities bothers me.  Seems that cannons all have Me 262 like muzzle velocities now, if not worse.

Edited by EricRM, 18 September 2015 - 06:43 PM.

I have this theory that loudly ticking clocks can be wound with massive blunt objects.  By striking the clock with great force the energy would transfer into the gears, not unlike winding it.   I plan on testing this someday.

dityboycom #10 Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostEricRM, on 18 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Another thing I noticed:  Lead indicators seem especially bad and extremely off now.  I would be willing to bet they changed the projectile travel speed significantly without bothering to adjust the lead indicators accordingly.

Not knowing what they did to muzzle velocities bothers me.  Seems that cannons all have Me 262 like muzzle velocities now, if not worse.

The lead indicator is probably off due to your latency on the server and using clientside, which in itself is not fully functional even for laggin players, though they did remove the statistics so it is possible this could be the full arcade aspect where all rounds travel the same speed, which so far does not seem too far off, I cannot tell what guns I am shooting outside of the sound, which works half the time and doesn't work the other half.

dityboycom #11 Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Ghostprime we can pick every single option in your poll, not sure if that is intended

GouIdy #12 Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles
So when they push out this abomination of an update how long until we receive our 180 days notice?

Bubba_Zanetti #13 Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Oh look..still a flipping spectate bug!  Initial reaction after 3 games in 110e with 180ish ping...not impressed WG...

And the gold ammo?  I'm done if there's no silver equivalent...matter of fact, after my prem time runs out, I'm severely cutting back playing your products...time to re-engage life anyhow...too much time wasted playing these games past couple years.  May update as I keep testing.

EasternDragon_2014 #14 Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 18 September 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

The lead indicator is probably off due to your latency on the server and using clientside, which in itself is not fully functional even for laggin players, though they did remove the statistics so it is possible this could be the full arcade aspect where all rounds travel the same speed, which so far does not seem too far off, I cannot tell what guns I am shooting outside of the sound, which works half the time and doesn't work the other half.

View Postdityboycom, on 18 September 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Did they fix clientside?

AmeleeofAirparts_ #15 Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Also, If your going to add bots, why not have them populate the matches so that they are full?  Most of the matches I've seen are 7-9 per side...

t4degrees #16 Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle

View PostEricRM, on 18 September 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Also, If your going to add bots, why not have them populate the matches so that they are full?  Most of the matches I've seen are 7-9 per side...

Matchmaker Changes

• If matchmaker has not enough players to compile teams for a Standard battle - teams will be supplemented with new bots. 
  • Battle queue waiting time will significantly be reduced due to these changes, and team line-ups will be more balanced in tiers and classes.
  • Max waiting time should not excess 70-80 secs — after this period the battle will be launched when if there were only 2 players, all other places in teams will be filled with bots.

BrushWolf #17 Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostEricRM, on 18 September 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

Even with bots it's still 3 minutes to a match about... and with plenty in queue. 

That tells me they are still using the "fair" MM on the CT. Last time even the EU and RU pilots were complaining about the waits and were asking for the then NA only MM for the CT. You would think they would have learned but then again this is Persha who took months to start reversing all the bad moves since 1.5 hit.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

WanderingGhost #18 Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Because of what I'm seeing (and because I'm having issues getting logged on to any WoWs supertest stuff) I will actually test this as soon as my CT stuff updates (unless I have to download a whole new launcher). However, there are a couple things I don't need to test to comment on.

Ammo and Consumables (pricing):

Allow me, if you will, to paint a picture of a possible future, one where we have more frequent tournaments like air raid, where clan wars actually exists, and maybe, just maybe, we have regained a healthy population. Now in this future, we have things set up just like Tanks and eventually ships, clan wars and tournaments handing out gold to players on a consistent basis. Naturally, they can use it for crew training, garage slots, planes off the in game tech tree or premium time, but there are those ammo belts and consumables to. Now, they give an obvious edge over the credit only stuff and hey, they aren't paying for it, it'll be useful for tournaments and clan wars, maybe contests that require kills or damage or the like that we have once in a while. Course maybe they encounter in these teams and players that are new clans and teams with little funding that this gives them an edge over, so they continue to do well and make more gold to keep themselves stocked with more effective ammo and consumables. And it just keeps building, and building, and building in a giant snowball, till it becomes the top clans and teams, then everyone else, with everyone else instantly frustrated by the fact that even if they can match skills with the players of the top teams and clans, they are always at the disadvantage because the clan plane can hit harder, or auto cooldown its guns or engine faster, or whatever else consumables are doing now. And the only way to match them? use gold that maybe they win in a contest, or are forced to buy just to compete even in random battles. Or more likely, they simply grow frustrated and leave the game. Or the anger drives a wedge that turns players not in the top teams or clans loose on them in a constant rage against them, even if it's a new player to the team/clan that doesn't use it. That becomes paranoia that anyone that beats them is using gold ammo or consumables.

Back to the present, we already see this in tanks where top clans and teams are slinging gold in random battles like they have a limitless supply which given clanwars, tournaments and the like they are always in and winning and I've done the math before. Had I gotten the gold for one of the tanks on a mission before they made those changes, I'd have gotten enough to fire something like 300 rounds from my centurion 1 without any issue, even at my max of about 20 rounds in a match thats still 15 matches with extra pen against anyone. I've learned that typically when I encounter those clans on tanks it's gold their firing, and usually they prove right because I've learned the now irritating sound of a heat round hitting my tank (and I think I'm learning the sound of APCR). And many times encountering these players, I myself have out played them in tanks they say require gold rounds to be effective (super pershing) and the inverse of part of the future I described, they accuse ME of hacking because I end up bouncing some of their gold rounds (really just luck that I was angled right or their aim was off) while my AP rounds kept going through. Some of those fights, I lost because my AP round bounced once or twice, their gold rounds didn't. But, at least there while it may cost more credit's then I make in the battle, I can grind enough of a stockpile to run a few rounds for when I need to use them or encounter those players.

And just think and look at the animosity that it's given birth to there. Constant rage about gold rounds in game and on the forum. Paranoia that leads to the rage that anyone that pens them is a gold spammer. Cries to rebalance even from some of those in those teams and clans because it's become a fall back in many cases when encountering certain tanks or higher tiers. That the missions drive some use of them because hey, some of us can't always deal 4k damage in a TD with standard ammo. And don't get me started on how it twists and folds into stats and stat padding there  which only further adds to anger, hate, and toxicity between normal players and top players and clans on tanks.

Now your talking of bringing that here without the ability for the normal players to invest extra credits they earn into that ammo or consumable to even the field. Do you even want to guess just how much more anger and toxicity will come of it and how much faster it'll spread? I've been through this exact thing before. Before this I played a game called Battlestar Galactica Online. They had different ammo types, upgraded modules, ships, etc. However, the best ammo that did more damage, that cost premium currency, that people would drop on this ammo initially, and that top groups could farm with impunity because they had so much, or spent enough. And upgrade levels that could only be gotten with special stuff that required the same premium currency. So they had level 15 guns with 15-30% more damage (I forget how much it was) while most had at best, level 10 guns and standard damage or maybe the intermediary round that I think had a normal currency option or was a low cost hybrid any noob could get. Combine this with a currency awarded for PVP that led to these "wallet warriors" spawn camping with their super ships it generated a great amount of hate and anger, and frustration with that game. I personally left it for other reasons, I had actually garnered a reputation because I could beat the wallet warriors and their tactics, but DROVES left because these level 80+ people were slaughtering them with this stuff when they were barely level 10 and just starting to upgrade. And even if you maxed out the ship you had unless you learned the trick I did, they still just slaughtered them because of the advantage of premium rounds and upgrades. Last check they had to shut off a great many of their servers due to population decline partially caused by this.

What I like about tanks, what I like about planes still in 1.8 is without spending a dime, I can match anyone that payed for or earned gold to use premium upgrades and consumables by using in game credits I earn. I have the option to somewhat even the playing field, and truthfully, between that and the fact I go through credits buying every plane, tank, ship, module, upgrade, improvement, etc, I keep a premium account running with my own money unless I'm short (why I often try and win gold, just in case because of my underemployment). Doing this nonsensical move, that would move it away from free to win to pay to win, assuming of course anyone would buy the rounds. You will do far more damage to this game not making them purchasable for credits then you will saving it. If this is some play to earn more warplanes specific money, this is NOT  the way to do it. The way to that is fixing the game and getting back the players you lost and/or some new ones, because there are FAR more then the people from wargaming being interviewed seem to think, offering planes we want to buy like the xp-58 or the xp-75, etc, adding more planes to tech trees so that we buy garage slots, etc. And odds are you'll make more chopping prices because everyone waits for the sale price, unless they desperately need crew training or garage slots.

Anything else I come up will be in another post because of the wall I've typed here oh and P.S. - these new consumables that insta cooldown engines and guns - terrible game breaking idea, don't really need to play to see just how bad it can be for 109's to now out climb heavie just because they can insta cool their engine to do it, zero's beating mustangs, etc, and all the other things that get tossed in this. Basic mechanics should not be broken by consumables, nor should they force the edge in a fight between 2 aircraft. If an equally matched zero out turns me because he is a better pilot, hats off to him, and good job, it's [edited]that I lose because he runs a consumable I REFUSE to use because of what it can do tipping a fight against anyone not using it. Yes, I'm aware thats a choice and handicapping myself, but I believe if I'm going to out maneuver or out climb or out shoot an enemy in a similar plane, it should be because I'm the better pilot or just luckier, not because I have some magic consumable to make my plane out turn his, out run his, or out shoot his because my weapons are magically cooled down (and last I recall from my game and simulation design class I took, that was kinda the point of balance, two equally skilled players in the same thing comes down to who gets lucky or is slightly better, not magic nonsense stuff). The 3 you had were great, pneumatic restarter just meant turning a busted engine back on and repairing it, aid kit, heal your crew back up and fire extinguisher, obvious, and while slightly exaggerated, all things that make sense even in reality, much as yes, this is arcade with some history. But they made sense and were easily equipped so that honestly, they provided to real edge. Now, if you want to add more that makes it so not everyone ones the same 3, fine, I'm all for that, make consumables that, unrealistic as they may be, repair other parts of the plane so it's a matter of choice what you want to be able to fix, the fact your plane is on fire or the fact it's wing is shot to hell. Don't add this comical and to quote another player "Mario Kart" nonsense that gives a player a clear edge in altering game mechanics like overheat and exceeding a planes ability to maneuver. 

edit: TL;DR for the players - No gold only ammo and consumables, it's an asinine idea at best and get rid of the gimmicky super consumables

Edited by WanderingGhost, 18 September 2015 - 09:04 PM.

Aces/Destroyer/Ace(post1.9)(#of/#) - A6M1(7/1), P-36(1), BF-109b(3), Ao-192(1), beaufighter(3/1), BF-109z(2), P-12(2), A6M2(3), P-51a(4), Yak-7(2), Bf-110C-6(2), F4F(2/4), Blenheim(2), BSH-2(1), XP-50(1),  BF-109f(1), LA-5(1), Spitfire I(2), P-40 M-105(3), BF-110e(1), F4U-1(1), FW-190 A-5(4), I-16e.(1), XF4F-3(1), A6M5(5), F7F(1), XF4U-1(1), Bf-109E (1), A7M (2), I-16l (1), P-38f (1), P-40 (1), Mig-3 (1)

GhostPrime #19 Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:26 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
Please keep the thoughtful feedback coming, it's very appreciated. I added one more question to the poll, about the bots in the standard battles.

Find us on Facebook!

Daeima #20 Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostWanderingGhost, on 18 September 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

- Snip -

edit: TL;DR for the players - No gold only ammo and consumables, it's an asinine idea at best and get rid of the gimmicky super consumables

Well said, +1

Also, will the Development Team be keeping a copy of the present version this time around? Let's not have another 1.5 "Can't roll back, that version wasn't saved".

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users