The use of GA as fighters has shown total failure

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Noreaga #41 Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

you make the assumption that Hartman would fly exactly the way he flew in RL in our ARCADE game. Let's say that  Eric Hartman is flying the way he was famous for "Hartmann was a master of stalk-and-ambush tactics. By his own account, he was convinced that 80% of the pilots he downed did not even realise what hit them". So he would rarely engage if he was seen and never if the situation was suicidal, basically he would fly like Krupi and that has been shown to NOT work.

None of the destroyer line of planes were succesfull A2A planes in real life, but the FW was a good dogfighter, the Zero had the best climb of most planes, the 262 was miles ahead of anything the allies had, .50 cal bullets had a range of 1000m+ and did not exit the barrel at a 45 degree angle,  the only thing that stopped people from hitting besides it being hard was the fact that a plane is not the size of a 40 story building and is hard to see outside of 750m.

soo many things to write 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Steel_bomber_ #42 Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTexthor, on 31 August 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

So.....according to Sojo.....WG adheres to the whims of bad players..........then what does that make all the bad players who cant win in any plane but the mighty magical IL ?

Keep flying your fighters,  it takes skill to take out the magical IL! 

Maybe that's why you have a hard time getting next tier fighter? 

Have fun!! 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Texthor #43 Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 31 August 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Keep flying your fighters,  it takes skill to take out the magical IL!

Maybe that's why you have a hard time getting next tier fighter?

Have fun!!

Your so right......it does take a lot of skill and luck to take out the mighty magical IL......because of magical armor and magical tail gunners..............more so than any other plane......................................the reason I am slow to advance in tier is beause I refuse to BUY the mighty magical IL line and other GAA

Steel_bomber_ #44 Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTexthor, on 31 August 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

Your so right......it does take a lot of skill and luck to take out the mighty magical IL......because of magical armor and magical tail gunners..............more so than any other plane......................................the reason I am slow to advance in tier is beause I refuse to BUY the mighty magical IL line and other GAA

I have flown my bomber line quite some times now,  I know who the good pilots are. They kill me in maybe 2 passes.  They have skills and don't need luck to kill me. Good pilots can do that. 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

tahee59 #45 Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles

It will be World of War Planes Bots soon so you will 15 vs 15 fights with only 150 ppl online at prime time.

That will make it easy for you non GAA pilots.

Texthor #46 Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

• 7 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 31 August 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

I have flown my bomber line quite some times now,  I know who the good pilots are. They kill me in maybe 2 passes.  They have skills and don't need luck to kill me. Good pilots can do that.

You know.......I have been waitng a long time for someone to post a video of a T5 or T6 light fighter taking out a healthy T6 or T7 IL.     Never have seen one....uhmmmm.      Have seen lots of videos of the mighty IL making ACE though.

HoH_Wolfblitz #47 Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10 battles

View PostTexthor, on 31 August 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

You know.......I have been waitng a long time for someone to post a video of a T5 or T6 light fighter taking out a healthy T6 or T7 IL.     Never have seen one....uhmmmm.      Have seen lots of videos of the mighty IL making ACE though.

Not that long ago I took out a full health IL-2t with a 44hp P51A. It can be done. I'll start saving those replays for you if you want.

Edited by HoH_Wolfblitz, 31 August 2015 - 05:14 PM.

SOJO #48 Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostTexthor, on 31 August 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

So.....according to Sojo.....WG adheres to the whims of bad players..........then what does that make all the bad players who cant win in any plane but the mighty magical IL ?

- That would surmise from being a bad player which has graduated to being an idiot. Idiotic inclined individuals have a difficult time applying common sense to any situation that is elementary in nature. So if you’re naturally a poor player of your volition then even if you were flying the most singular overpowered aircraft in the game a bad player would still be bad, no matter how many lame excuses he or she can think of as to why they are bad, why -  it’s everyone’s else’s fault.

Edited by Sojo, 31 August 2015 - 05:28 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Mackunaima #49 Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View PostSojo, on 31 August 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

- That would surmise from being a bad player which has graduated to being an idiot. Idiotic inclined individuals have a difficult time applying common sense to any situation that is elementary in nature. So if you’re naturally a poor of your volition then even if you were the most singular overpowered aircraft in the game a bad player would still be bad, no matter how many lame excuses he or she can think of as to why they are bad, why -  it’s everyone’s else’s fault.

well .. it was a nice left uppercut.

The opponent should normally go to the corner and wait for the coach throw in the towel...

Edited by Mackunaima, 31 August 2015 - 05:17 PM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Texthor #50 Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

• 7 battles

Sojo.....you failed miserably to answer my question.....how ever you did dazzle a few of the faithful IL gamers with your nonsense.......which is easily done

Rarearth #51 Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:29 PM

• 520 battles
  • [JE] JE
The iL 10 is an excellent plane to dispatch fighters above and below its tier have been doing it for a year now . 2 iL 10's can and will be of great assist to a group of ils with out many fighters in the mix . and not all iL's are adapt at taking out a fighter unless the pilot has made a mistake and went in the wrong way .  To say total failure is not IMO right . stay high and avoid or learn to take it like a man or women whatever the case maybe .

SOJO #52 Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostTexthor, on 31 August 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Sojo.....you failed miserably to answer my question.....how ever you did dazzle a few of the faithful IL gamers with your nonsense.......which is easily done

Ok, Too long of an answer to comprehend -

In laymen’s terms - A crappy player will always be crappy player no matter how good the aircraft is. A crappy player in an IL is still a crappy player.

Edited by Sojo, 31 August 2015 - 05:41 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Mackunaima #53 Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

Man, I can not understand.

Initially they were asking "nerf IL's", and now they are glorifying the mighty IL.

Well, it's good or not. If it's good, so stop asking for him to be bad, and use it to play. If he is bad, so stop asking to spoil it further.

Nonsense, that all ...

So ask: "How can You master pilot could teach me how to kill IL's?"

I'm sure there is a good pilots with mood to teach you all.

Regards,

Mack

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

mullyman #54 Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 38 battles

You truly are clueless on this one Texthor.    Below are my stats.   I would guess these are similar to most decent players in that it is actually HARDER to win in a GA because you can control so much less of the outcome.   But since you are so full of yourself on this one, how about you.....fly them and then come back with your answer.   My guess is you are too stubborn or chicken.

Aircraft

Aircraft Battles Victories Maximum Aircraft Destroyed per Battle Maximum Targets Destroyed per Battle

mullyman.png

raulv04 #55 Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
Sheesh, guys! All this fuzz for a post from a regular troll?

Noreaga #56 Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:18 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
nothing better to do on here these days, something is better than nothing i guess

Nimis obnoxii curare

Tonzzo #57 Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• 724 battles

View Posttahee59, on 31 August 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

It will be World of War Planes Bots soon so you will 15 vs 15 fights with only 150 ppl online at prime time.

That will make it easy for you non GAA pilots.

true but before you know it AD will be posting that Bots hack and are OP and that he always gets pitted against max difficulty bots because of his high battle count.....   Oh that and that bots in GAs are even more OP....

CrayoIaCrayon #58 Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
This is so fun.  Loving all the red.  Dity is left out though. He's been too kind here lately.  I feel the game is balanced now as far as planes go.  Some may need a buff here or there but definitely no nerfs.  The only thing that makes things seem OP is the low population.  There's only two reasons an il will give you trouble in a light fighter.  You're either really low on hp or you suck.  However I've seen wolf kill an il20 that was flying straight and low when he only had 20 hp so perhaps it's that if you have trouble at all you just suck.  It's all about staying clear of the tail gunner and getting it through your newb heads that you will do far more damage if you are hitting the top or bottom of the plane, instead of the sides or rear.  Instead of whining about GA, put that energy and whatever thought process you can muster into learning the strategies that beat them.  Why do you think so many people fly il's?  The majority of them suck in fighters and the majority of fighters suck at killing il's.  Thus a win-win for the bad players choosing to fly il's.  I will admit there are a handful of guys that fly GA that do an amazing job and fly them because they enjoy them and kick [edited].  Those players are few and far between and chances are if you are reading this, you aren't one of them.  To make a long post short, if you want to get rid of players only flying GA, then learn to kill them and get it done.  Most will quit when they can't live long enough to score any points.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

DustyCH #59 Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1650 battles

People complain when GA decides to dogfight instead of hit ground targets and get the supremacy going, the same people will then complain that the GAs are going for ground targets only and not helping with the dog fight... they complain even when their team is winning but their plane was destroyed... people complain too much... Why would you spend (or waste) your time playing a game that you hate and complain so much? Go boating, travel, golf, play with your barbie... and if you are that broke go play simcity III that sells for $0.99 on steam... leave the ILs, fighters, and heavies alone... and for the record, you can win most matches in this game regardless of the aircraft of your choice. Its not easy but not difficult either. Just possible...

Edited by DustyCH, 31 August 2015 - 06:30 PM.

vuuduu #60 Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 250 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTexthor, on 31 August 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

No, the reason you don't advance, is because you can't play fighters either.  ****

Then too, there are the countless times...**** It takes ...NO BRAINS....to continue to do something over and over that obviously does not work for you

So, please, don't talk any more about "skill". Stick to topics you know something about.

[content moderated - name&shame]
~StealthyArmadillo

...look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users