Shorten the range of guns!

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Heibges #101 Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

View PostRedrocket90, on 30 August 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

Ok, it's obvious that there is a huge huge difference between shooting a scoped rifle/tripod mounted machine gun and guns mounted on an airplane. Im not arguing that its easy to shoot at things in the air. I have never flown a plane, let alone tried to shoot something while flying one. My argument is that the bullets dont just stop at a certain range, and IF they hit the target, they can still poke a hole. Yes, in reality, pilots are going to try to conserve ammo for when they have a good firing solution. The thing is, this game is not a reality simulator, and you dont need to conserve ammo. The way it is not is much more condusive to gameplay, albeit not very realistic. This is an arcade game as made evident by a vast multitude of game mechanics that are totally unrealistic. Making the bullets disappear at an even shorter range would make it even more unrealistic, and would have no positive effect on gameplay. The planes that already get the short end of the stick like the Zero line would get even worse because all BnZ planes would be well out of range by the time they can turn their guns on them. That, imo, is exactly why krapi wants this change.

You're right.  Especially at this point weapon range is interconnected with speed, climb rate. amount of boost etc. etc. etc., so changing one thing involves reviewing and possibly changing a whole lot of others.

I think his original complaint is more of  UI issue with the targeting pipper.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

KRUPI #102 Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostRedrocket90, on 30 August 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

Ok, it's obvious that there is a huge huge difference between shooting a scoped rifle/tripod mounted machine gun and guns mounted on an airplane. Im not arguing that its easy to shoot at things in the air. I have never flown a plane, let alone tried to shoot something while flying one. My argument is that the bullets dont just stop at a certain range, and IF they hit the target, they can still poke a hole. Yes, in reality, pilots are going to try to conserve ammo for when they have a good firing solution. The thing is, this game is not a reality simulator, and you dont need to conserve ammo. The way it is not is much more condusive to gameplay, albeit not very realistic. This is an arcade game as made evident by a vast multitude of game mechanics that are totally unrealistic. Making the bullets disappear at an even shorter range would make it even more unrealistic, and would have no positive effect on gameplay. The planes that already get the short end of the stick like the Zero line would get even worse because all BnZ planes would be well out of range by the time they can turn their guns on them. That, imo, is exactly why krapi wants this change.

But in turn the B n Zer would have to really surprise the angles fighter!  I would be able to fly the zero more because if you knew how to fly you could actually fly angles.  Unlike now you don't need to worrie about getting with in range because you can hit someone from 700m. So you think I want it to have a advantage! Lol that's a good one! I already have a major advantage by flying sims over 15 yrs!!! I don't know what more of a advantage I need! It would make it more difficult in any aspect! You guys are funny. And nice illustration! 

Edited by KRUPI, 02 September 2015 - 01:14 AM.

KRUPI #103 Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 31 August 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

In the other game when I'm in American aircraft firing 50 cals I set my convergence to 400 meters. Therefore if I open fire at 600 meters I aim slightly to the left or right. That way the converging bullets from one wing will strike the aircraft in the center.

I set my convergence range fairly low to encourage me to get closer before I fire.

Yeah what else you fly? Ive been flying wat thunder. Not a bad sim. Tanks is cool. I got all the IL2s both new ones BoS and BoM. S! I'm on the left.

Edited by KRUPI, 02 September 2015 - 01:08 AM.

EspressoForHammy #104 Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostKRUPI, on 01 September 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yeah what else you fly? Ive been flying wat thunder. Not a bad sim.

I fly the game you mentioned at least 3-4 games per day. Only Realistic mode. Nothing else, ever. I occasionally do tanks/planes combined battles, but usually just planes.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

KRUPI #105 Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 02 September 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:

I fly the game you mentioned at least 3-4 games per day. Only Realistic mode. Nothing else, ever. I occasionally do tanks/planes combined battles, but usually just planes.

Well my name is the same. Yours? U fly allied or axis I only fly German.

Psicko23 #106 Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles
Of course you only fly German,  would we expect anything else? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users