1-8

out

TSF-2

1-8

out

TFE-Bravo

0-8

out

Edited by Killerpopcorn, 15 August 2015 - 04:58 PM.

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

macfloam #2 Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7314 battles
  • [TOP-D] TOP-D

Unless I'm mistaken, the ranking should be: 

Team Win/Loss Status  
Wildfyre(Guarenteed 4th) 18-8   1
Nooblets(Guarenteed 2nd) 16-7   2
Hydra(Guarenteed 3rd) 14-6   3
Aces Crew(Guarenteed 4th) 13-7   4
Leg'ion Bros 16-9 out 5
HelenKeller vs Traffic 12-14 out 6 (8)
5divabogeys 13-10 out 7 (6)
Black Legion 12-8 out 8 (7)
Vulcan 8-9 out 9
WS- Wild Cards 6-11 out 10
High Skies 5-8 out 11
Falo 4-9 out 12
TSF-1 3-8 out 13
TFE-Alpha 1-8 out 14
TSF-2 1-8 out 15
TFE-Bravo 0-8 out 16

6.4.3 specifically states that "victory of rounds" is the primary factor for determining ranking and then win/loss ratio only if there is a tie. Since HelenKeller vs Traffic progressed 1 round further than both 5divabogeys & Black Legion, they should be ranked higher. It doesn't really matter though since 5th  - 8th are all paid the same. 

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:58 PM

Major

• 33786 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Standings are automatically determined by the challonge website based on victories of rounds(I should add and progression through brackets). Standings are final.

The standings are not 100% accurate until all brackets are complete. In the event of a tie in the challonge standings we will use win % to determine proper standings.

Edited by THEMARCO1979, 15 August 2015 - 02:03 PM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Jetway #4 Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15584 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Why the criticism mac for something that doesn't even matter.  I wish people would understand that kpop has worked really hard on this and we finally have tournaments back.  Constant criticism on everything he does is going to drive him away from doing another one.  Great job kp and I sure hope we can have another one soon!  This has been the most fun I've had in this game in quite a while.  

Jetway.png

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game

Perco_lator #5 Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• 85 battles

View PostJetway, on 15 August 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Why the criticism mac for something that doesn't even matter.

OCD comes to mind as well as some people want their say in everything to try & feel important.

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

Major

• 33786 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostPerco_lator, on 15 August 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

OCD comes to mind as well as some people want their say in everything to try & feel important.

lol, did you create an account just for that comment?

dityboycom #7 Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostJetway, on 15 August 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

Why the criticism mac for something that doesn't even matter.  I wish people would understand that kpop has worked really hard on this and we finally have tournaments back.  Constant criticism on everything he does is going to drive him away from doing another one.  Great job kp and I sure hope we can have another one soon!  This has been the most fun I've had in this game in quite a while.  

He has nothing better to do but throw a wrench in these unofficial events in hopes to kill the game off even further. He already got GeorgePatton to never run another event, now he's working on kpop.

Edited by dityboycom, 15 August 2015 - 03:43 PM.

WOW

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

Major

• 33786 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postdityboycom, on 15 August 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

He has nothing better to do but throw a wrench in these unofficial events in hopes to kill the game off even further. He already got GeorgePatton to never run another event, now he's working on kpop.

lol, now now, ditty.

There is a bit of confusion on how the challonge website works, Im not 100% sure either, but I do know that the site knows what it is doing, so we are using it as official for brackets, and standings, and we have devised a way to break ties from the challonge standings.

KillerP's standings are ongoing, but need to be looked at when the tournament is over.  I am all for posting proper standings even though it might not affect prizing it would show everyone exactly where they ended up.

CrayolaCrayon #9 Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6548 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdityboycom, on 15 August 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

Kpop's fiance may have already taken care of that :D

dityboycom #10 Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 15 August 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

lol, now now, ditty.

There is a bit of confusion on how the challonge website works, Im not 100% sure either, but I do know that the site knows what it is doing, so we are using it as official for brackets, and standings, and we have devised a way to break ties from the challonge standings.

KillerP's standings are ongoing, but need to be looked at when the tournament is over.  I am all for posting proper standings even though it might not affect prizing it would show everyone exactly where they ended up.

Really, it's only confusing to those who are looking for a problem.

WOW

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

Major

• 33786 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postdityboycom, on 15 August 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Really, it's only confusing to those who are looking for a problem.

maybe not confusing, but it uses the round victories only to determine standings, not the individual battles, which I would think it should considering we have to enter the scores.

Perco_lator #12 Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• 85 battles
At least macfloam's team didn't finish tied for last, they did get that 1 technical victory. Some fine sportsmanship there.

dityboycom #13 Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 15 August 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

maybe not confusing, but it uses the round victories only to determine standings, not the individual battles, which I would think it should considering we have to enter the scores.

It's a bracket tournament, bracket placement is the only thing that is relevant. Personal win/loss records are fine for those who want to figure out if they performed better than the other team that finished in the same bracket they did, but in reality you have to look at the competition of the other teams and take that into consideration, because some teams might get a 80% win ratio but competed against sandbags, while other teams with 70% win rates might have that because they were met with competition. So to think about win/loss as something that matters in this tournament is just a stretch to find a reason to give yourself self worth, which is fine, that's why we have competition, but in regards to the official tournament results, bracket placement is all that matters.

WOW

dityboycom #14 Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Probably want to edit the thread, and start a new results thread as this one is clearly off topic.

WOW

Killerpopcorn #15 Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2667 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmacfloam, on 15 August 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the ranking should be: 

Team Win/Loss Status  
Wildfyre(Guarenteed 4th) 18-8   1
Nooblets(Guarenteed 2nd) 16-7   2
Hydra(Guarenteed 3rd) 14-6   3
Aces Crew(Guarenteed 4th) 13-7   4
Leg'ion Bros 16-9 out 5
HelenKeller vs Traffic 12-14 out 6 (8)
5divabogeys 13-10 out 7 (6)
Black Legion 12-8 out 8 (7)
Vulcan 8-9 out 9
WS- Wild Cards 6-11 out 10
High Skies 5-8 out 11
Falo 4-9 out 12
TSF-1 3-8 out 13
TFE-Alpha 1-8 out 14
TSF-2 1-8 out 15
TFE-Bravo 0-8 out 16

6.4.3 specifically states that "victory of rounds" is the primary factor for determining ranking and then win/loss ratio only if there is a tie. Since HelenKeller vs Traffic progressed 1 round further than both 5divabogeys & Black Legion, they should be ranked higher. It doesn't really matter though since 5th  - 8th are all paid the same. 

First off I wish you would have PM'd or made another thread instead of instigating everyone to flood this thread. Mac the pay out is the same at ranks 5-8 so to add less confusion I posted the w/l ratio in order, If we had a tie that was conflicting payout then the correct round advancments would have had a affect on the way I ranked teams.

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

Traurig_Yoda #16 Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 3035 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdityboycom, on 15 August 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

Well he did good getting GP to never run another event, with that level of ineptitude GP shouldn't be running a checkers game, but it looks to me like Mac just had a question and showed why he was asking it.

macfloam #17 Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7314 battles
  • [TOP-D] TOP-D

There was obvious confusion over the ranking (as stated in other threads). There is a Standings tab on Challonge.com, and it places HelenKeller vs Traffic and Leg'ion Bros as tied for 5th, which is as it should be since both of those teams made it 1 round deeper into the tournament than 5divabogeys and Black Legion. This is also stated in the rules as released by Kpop. And yes, it ultimately doesn't matter since 5th to 8th are all paid the same. I'm certain I already stated that in my original reply.  

This thread is a perfect example of the amount of moronic troll-like replies that abound in these forums. Only a troll would view my offering of a correction as an attempt "to kill the game off even further" or even as criticism. Kpop released standings that aren't actually correct. I offered the corrected standings, with absolutely no criticism whatsoever, but of course trolls like to pick fights and stir up controversy where none exists. Kpop is correct in that I should have PM'd him, not because I was derailing the thread, but because I should have known that the trolls would. Funny all the hate over "something that doesn't even matter". 

As for my "constant criticism", when I spotted some potential loopholes in the rules, I worked with Kpop to help him close them. I specifically asked him to not mention me or try to give me credit because I knew all the trolls would sh*t all over the amendments simply because I wrote them...because that's what trolls do, exactly as they did with regards to my suggestion to expand the prizing. When WG did exactly what I was asking for (regardless of whether or not I influenced that decision), the response was nothing but praise. One of this game's worst trolls is jumping all over me in this thread and I'm posting the EXACT same rankings he has been spouting in other threads. In fact, shortly after claiming I'm "throwing a wrench in these unofficial events", he then posts that bracket placement is all that matters, which is precisely the error my standings corrected. Claims that it's my "criticism" that's killing this game just shows how far up your own *sses your heads are!   

As for my sportsmanship, both of the team's we faced commented on our good sportsmanship because we allowed multiple minor infractions to slide in the spirit of competition. Our technical victory was the result of an illegal plane setup. The opposing team had absolutely no issue with this disqualification, and we alerted them to their mistake immediately after the battle. If we were the unsporting types the new-account-troll claims us to be, we would have let them keep making that same mistake match and match and then claimed victory for the entire round.  

Perco_lator #18 Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:00 AM

Master Sergeant

• 85 battles

View Postmacfloam, on 15 August 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

There was obvious confusion over the ranking (as stated in other threads). There is a Standings tab on Challonge.com, and it places HelenKeller vs Traffic and Leg'ion Bros as tied for 5th, which is as it should be since both of those teams made it 1 round deeper into the tournament than 5divabogeys and Black Legion. This is also stated in the rules as released by Kpop. And yes, it ultimately doesn't matter since 5th to 8th are all paid the same. I'm certain I already stated that in my original reply.  

This thread is a perfect example of the amount of moronic troll-like replies that abound in these forums. Only a troll would view my offering of a correction as an attempt "to kill the game off even further" or even as criticism. Kpop released standings that aren't actually correct. I offered the corrected standings, with absolutely no criticism whatsoever, but of course trolls like to pick fights and stir up controversy where none exists. Kpop is correct in that I should have PM'd him, not because I was derailing the thread, but because I should have known that the trolls would. Funny all the hate over "something that doesn't even matter". 

As for my "constant criticism", when I spotted some potential loopholes in the rules, I worked with Kpop to help him close them. I specifically asked him to not mention me or try to give me credit because I knew all the trolls would sh*t all over the amendments simply because I wrote them...because that's what trolls do, exactly as they did with regards to my suggestion to expand the prizing. When WG did exactly what I was asking for (regardless of whether or not I influenced that decision), the response was nothing but praise. One of this game's worst trolls is jumping all over me in this thread and I'm posting the EXACT same rankings he has been spouting in other threads. In fact, shortly after claiming I'm "throwing a wrench in these unofficial events", he then posts that bracket placement is all that matters, which is precisely the error my standings corrected. Claims that it's my "criticism" that's killing this game just shows how far up your own *sses your heads are!   

As for my sportsmanship, both of the team's we faced commented on our good sportsmanship because we allowed multiple minor infractions to slide in the spirit of competition. Our technical victory was the result of an illegal plane setup. The opposing team had absolutely no issue with this disqualification, and we alerted them to their mistake immediately after the battle. If we were the unsporting types the new-account-troll claims us to be, we would have let them keep making that same mistake match and match and then claimed victory for the entire round.  

More proof that you are quite possibly living on a different planet then the rest of us. The sporting thing to do would have been to let them know in game chat of their mistake & then start over.

View PostPerco_lator, on 15 August 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

MARS_REVENANT #19 Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:37 AM

Major

• 33786 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Cant we all just agree that Killerpopcorn and I are awesome!?!

Plus 1 guys... Plus......1

Edited by THEMARCO1979, 16 August 2015 - 01:37 AM.

dityboycom #20 Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:06 AM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

So I'm assuming I'm the troll, thanks! :trollface:

There was obvious confusion over the ranking (as stated in other threads). There is a Standings tab on Challonge.com, and it places HelenKeller vs Traffic and Leg'ion Bros as tied for 5th, which is as it should be since both of those teams made it 1 round deeper into the tournament than 5divabogeys and Black Legion. This is also stated in the rules as released by Kpop. And yes, it ultimately doesn't matter since 5th to 8th are all paid the same. I'm certain I already stated that in my original reply...

The rankings aren't official until the tournament is complete.

...This thread is a perfect example of the amount of moronic troll-like replies that abound in these forums. Only a troll would view my offering of a correction as an attempt "to kill the game off even further" or even as criticism. Kpop released standings that aren't actually correct. I offered the corrected standings, with absolutely no criticism whatsoever, but of course trolls like to pick fights and stir up controversy where none exists. Kpop is correct in that I should have PM'd him, not because I was derailing the thread, but because I should have known that the trolls would. Funny all the hate over "something that doesn't even matter". ...

If you weren't attempting to troll the tournament, you would have shared your opinion in the beginning and then left it at that when it was not received with open arms. It's simple, they're using the 3rd party websites system to place teams, and give official standings, no amount of talking will change that.  Kpop suggested you should have PM'd him as this thread was originally for tournament results, and the standings was a courtesy, not an affidavit of the official standings. Marco was even nice enough to remind you that nothing is official until the tournament is over.

...As for my sportsmanship, both of the team's we faced commented on our good sportsmanship because we allowed multiple minor infractions to slide in the spirit of competition. Our technical victory was the result of an illegal plane setup. The opposing team had absolutely no issue with this disqualification, and we alerted them to their mistake immediately after the battle. If we were the unsporting types the new-account-troll claims us to be, we would have let them keep making that same mistake match and match and then claimed victory for the entire round.  

If you weren't searching for any reason to win you would have told them prior to the game start that they brought an improper configuration so you guys could have backed out into the hangar and play fairly. The fact that you think this is sportsmanlike is the very thing we're discussing here, your idea of "helping" is after the fact, and always in a backwards way of a slap to the face. In your example, the slap to the face was the technical victory, they would have been much happier had you said "Hey guys before we climb and get started, you know you got too many heavies right? Want to start over?" Or if you were the room host, you could have told them before you even hit battle.

So you're not impressing anyone, and you're just being toxic to an awesome event that everyone is enjoying, and no one is sitting around questioning. There were very few minor clarifications which were taken care of by staff, but you continue to throw lighter fluid on the fire to see what happens. No buddy, you're here to ruin it for everyone, like the guy at the playground that says "hey, you think they should be playing on that slide? It's metal and the sun is beating down right on it, lets have a meeting and discuss swapping it out for a plastic slide before anyone can play on it again" Sure, you're helping, but its a [edited]move to everyone who wants to enjoy what they came here for.

WOW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users