New Premiums sale on RU WoWP server

XFL-1 SB-1 Ar.197

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

Captain

• 64 battles

FYI - The RU WoWP premium shop is now selling the new premium aircraft.

Block Quote

New airplanes in the shop Premium SPECIALS
On July 30 Premium product became available to new aircraft: German Ar 197, US XFL-1, and Soviet BSh-1.

RU WoWP portal source link

RU WoWP forum source link

I suspect we will get a shot at these aircraft soon™. Of course, the BSh-1 everyone is ah-gog, a favorite on the RU server for this batch of planes. It seems the XFL-1 is a distance third as a plane to get for the hanger for the RU pilots.

Edit: model named corrected

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 30 July 2015 - 04:57 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

dityboycom #2 Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

I'm not entirely sure why they offer certain planes to some but not all regions. I can understand for holiday type events, but in general it's confusing. Is it a marketing trick? Are we supposed to want it more because RU has had them and we want them? Or is it more so just slapping us in the face saying "well we could have forwarded the file to NA; but, we couldn't care less about you guys, you give us your money, we give you game with no updates, you shut up and play like good american's."

I guess we'll never know the truth.

theponja #3 Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 293 battles
I've buy mine just with gold in the game. I've my BSh-1 :)

FlakValleyExpress #4 Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:42 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 30 July 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

I'm not entirely sure why they offer certain planes to some but not all regions. I can understand for holiday type events, but in general it's confusing. Is it a marketing trick? Are we supposed to want it more because RU has had them and we want them? Or is it more so just slapping us in the face saying "well we could have forwarded the file to NA; but, we couldn't care less about you guys, you give us your money, we give you game with no updates, you shut up and play like good american's."

I guess we'll never know the truth.

"They who hold the purse strings" as they say. I think its more of test marketing. They experiment a lot with the RU WoWP pilots. If it goes well, then the item goes to the other communities. If not, it ends there. I don't believe it is a bias thing.

Because WG loves the NA player base. I think it was explained to me that the WG NA communities support more of WG products by premium stuff (tanks, planes, ships, and accounts), than the EU and RU player base, except for the China.server. This is nothing to boast about, it is more on product statistics. Now my data is a year old and my statement could be incorrect now.

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

dityboycom #5 Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:59 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Hmm sounds like it would make sense to give us the stuff to see if we buy it, we are their most disgruntled player base who reluctantly still plays because we have no where else to go. If we buy it, anyone will buy it.

ClAibigail #6 Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 48 battles
  • [PROWL] PROWL

....I'm confused...

these planes are in  the tech tree for sale...with gold

so what's all the whining about? ....(I know some people like to do this but this is getting out of hand...)

SOJO #7 Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

[content moderated - non-constructive]

~Pleuracanthus

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

GouIdy #8 Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostCogKnispel, on 30 July 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

....I'm confused...

so what's all the whining about? ....(I know some people like to do this but this is getting out of hand...)

So you are telling us that the SB-1 is available on the NA server?

ClAibigail #9 Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 48 battles
  • [PROWL] PROWL

View PostThe_Original_Gouldy, on 30 July 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

So you are telling us that the SB-1 is available on the NA server?

Yes....

in Merica we know it better as the Bsh-1

FlakValleyExpress #10 Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

View PostCogKnispel, on 30 July 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

....I'm confused...

Well what do you know. They are in the tech tree now. However they were not this morning at the time I posted. thanks for the info time to get the [edited]-1

Edit: funny I can't even type the plane's ID :teethhappy:

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 30 July 2015 - 04:54 PM.

Vae victis

dityboycom #11 Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostCogKnispel, on 30 July 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Yes....

Yeah, when you're right, you're right.

Lou #12 Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
The XFL-1 and the ME-210 were close to my favorite planes before launch. At least I'll be able to get one of them.

_Warchylde_ #13 Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCogKnispel, on 30 July 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Yes....

Actually, they are two completely different planes.

The SB-1 and SB-2 were variants of the Tupolev ANT-40, a twin engine fast bomber; while the BSh-1 is actually the Vultee V-11, an American attack plane that was sold to he Soviets, along with a license to produce the aircraft by Kochyerigin.

Methinks that the OP's block quote contained a typo, since the patch notes clearly state that the new premium is a BSh-1.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

FlakValleyExpress #14 Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

View Post_Warchylde_, on 30 July 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

Methinks that the OP's block quote contained a typo, since the patch notes clearly state that the new premium is a BSh-1.

Corrected

Vae victis

dityboycom #15 Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 30 July 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

Corrected

Except the Russian page for the BSH-1 says SB-1. So probably not.

http://worldofwarpla...nes/ussr/bsh-1/

Block Quote

Impact plane
Level III 1 1

In 1936, the Soviet Union acquired the US license to build a bomber attack aircraft Vultee V-11. Created on the basis of his SB-1 was tested in 1937-1939.

Configuration Kocherigin SB-1

Weapon_of_Proliferation #16 Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1 battle
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
The difference is, the premium shop offers are better deals because if you include the cost of a hanger, then it is cheaper to buy the package rather than buy gold and then buy it from the in-game tree, where you must purchase the hanger as well for an additional 300 gold.

HZero #17 Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostWeapon_of_Proliferation, on 30 July 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

The difference is, the premium shop offers are better deals because if you include the cost of a hanger, then it is cheaper to buy the package rather than buy gold and then buy it from the in-game tree, where you must purchase the hanger as well for an additional 300 gold.

If you are willing to wait 2-4 weeks for a sale, in which case the price is 30-50% less to buy in game.  Unless you're buying something for a gift or have the patience of a little kid hopped up on sweets and caffeine, the premium shop is never a good idea.

Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

_Warchylde_ #18 Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postdityboycom, on 30 July 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

Except the Russian page for the BSH-1 says SB-1. So probably not.

http://worldofwarpla...nes/ussr/bsh-1/

In Mother Russia, we make up our own names.  (i.e. they don't even know their own aircraft). :facepalm:

The SB-1 and SB-1 were fast bomber prototypes of the ANT-40, with the SB-2 being selected as the production model.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=488

The plane we are discussing in WoWP really is the BSh-1.  

http://ram-home.com/ram-old/vultee-v-11.html

Remember, these are the same people that renamed the "Flying Flapjack" as "Pancake". :trollface:

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

FlakValleyExpress #19 Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:10 AM

Captain

• 64 battles

View Post_Warchylde_, on 30 July 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

In Mother Russia, we make up our own names.  (i.e. they don't even know their own aircraft). :facepalm:

The SB-1 and SB-1 were fast bomber prototypes of the ANT-40, with the SB-2 being selected as the production model.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=488

The plane we are discussing in WoWP really is the BSh-1.  

http://ram-home.com/ram-old/vultee-v-11.html

Remember, these are the same people that renamed the "Flying Flapjack" as "Pancake". :trollface:

Maybe if got Googled translated? :trollface: However I have no control over on what is said on that part of the world. :sceptic: And I know I have no control on this side either. :teethhappy:

Vae victis

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users