29 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #1 Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Hello Pilots!

The 1.8.3 Public test us upon us! 

Please update your CT Game client, and let us know your thoughts on the changes, and the new Map!

Patch notes can be found here:

Spoiler

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

losttwo #2 Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Reading over the patch notes, it looks like some serious work has gone into correcting some serious faults.

Lets hope the Graphics and interface changes help with the FPS problems some people are having across various landscapes.

Killerpopcorn #3 Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2667 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Block Quote

Me 262HG II — increased shooting time before overheating for 20mm guns.

I hope they fixed the mechanics on this plane when the 20's are mounted, the plane has less speed and turning with the 20's then the heavy 30's,. The change is very noticeable.

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

Rob7183 #4 Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 19434 battles
  • [SF] SF
Yay!!! Not just cosmetics!!!  C'mon WG, you can do this!!!

Rob7183.png 

Rosebud #5 Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12059 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Now you make the XFL-1 a viable plane. I suppose it's just WG way of saying thank you for all your help in closed beta. Thanks from all the closed Beta testers who have struggled with this mediocre contraption. I guess now that you have offered it to the general public its time to fix it. Thanks for making us suffer through two years of it being so weak. As usual a day late and a dollar short.

chrishg #6 Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15971 battles
If this is the future of WOWP what a joke.  8 matches all but one of them 1 on 1 and the other 2 on 2.  This is tier 5 with at least 8 planes in the que.  Wait times were also around 2 minutes. Didn't see new map so I can't comment.  Major waste of time.

MO_E #7 Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17232 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostRosebud, on 21 July 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Now you make the XFL-1 a viable plane. I suppose it's just WG way of saying thank you for all your help in closed beta. Thanks from all the closed Beta testers who have struggled with this mediocre contraption. I guess now that you have offered it to the general public its time to fix it. Thanks for making us suffer through two years of it being so weak. As usual a day late and a dollar short.

I agree with you Rose.

MO

20thCenturyLtd #8 Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles

View Postchrishg, on 21 July 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

If this is the future of WOWP what a joke.  8 matches all but one of them 1 on 1 and the other 2 on 2.  This is tier 5 with at least 8 planes in the que.  Wait times were also around 2 minutes. Didn't see new map so I can't comment.  Major waste of time.

The reason why nobody is on the "test" server is simple. As we all know too well, whatever is there will be introduced into the game regardless of what anyone who bothers to test and comment on it says. Even if something is outright broke, it will be in the game when the patch is released and fixed at a later date. This so called "test" is nothing more than an opportunity for players to see the new features a few days prior to their actual release.

Edited by 20thCenturyLtd, 21 July 2015 - 09:10 PM.

LifetreeKolob #9 Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:27 AM

Senior Airman

• 7196 battles
How do I win the new Gift Planes? Are the 1.8.3 up Public Test going to give it out?

ArrowZ_ #10 Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles

To WGRU: Your CT MM still sucks. I wonder sometimes if you guys even test your own "stuff" on the CT.

• Nothing special with the new map - Dam. The "dam" is really the only interesting object in that map since everywhere else is so damn plain & flat. Yea those dogfights sure will be intense!
  • Nice new sounds. Good to know where some of the WOWP resource is going into. I get the feeling that you're just trying to copy the vibe from WOWS. But I'm sure some will like your new sound additions. Emphasis on some.
  • Can't find the new XP-58. Good work.
  • New graphics - Just more blue in the skies. Cool.
  • Consumables - Didn't really notice any difference.
  • New camo - This shouldn't even be a big deal. In fact Persha should be releasing new camos every week. The one feature to individualize your plane, is restricted by the Persha's damn slow development issues. Instead you give plane specific camo that has NO CONCEALMENT BONUS. Good job.

Why is 1.8.3 a big update again?

Edited by ArrowZ_, 22 July 2015 - 07:15 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

ScorchTrials_ #11 Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6277 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I looked all over the wowp website and forum and can't find out how to get the XP-58. Can somebody tell me?

ScorchTrials_.png

Claudio67 #12 Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15721 battles

View PostScorchTrials_, on 22 July 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

I looked all over the wowp website and forum and can't find out how to get the XP-58. Can somebody tell me?

You can`t get it yet. Only by WG gifting to you (missions like the current on the Chinese Mosquito, giveaways, contests, you name it) not probably in live 1.8.3, but later,

GhostPrime #13 Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postchrishg, on 21 July 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

One way to see the new map is through the use pf a training room. You can add a couple bots. (They are less than hard, possibly get a few friends to fly?) but at least you will be able to check the new map out.

Find us on Facebook!

Parisienne #14 Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 9262 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I wish my wait was 2 min. I waited 16+min, went back to garage tried again for another 12min and logged off.

EU and RU was asleep. Thanks god NA MM isn't like this one. 

NTaker #15 Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 871 battles
Why bother testing if feed back is going to be ignored as per norm?

FlakValleyExpress #16 Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

View PostRosebud, on 21 July 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

View Postmaurice4909, on 21 July 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

I agree with you Rose.

MO

If that is a Beta toy I want no part of it. I was not there and did not earn it. I say that others should adopt this policy too.

On to my POV on the CT server. I forgot about this version of MM. Dam the waiting.

Spoiler

I disagree with this:

• Prohibiting simultaneous mounting of consumables related to the same group

Was this such a big game breaker for WoWP?  Was this implemented in CBT and OBT like they are doing now? I like my extra fire extinguishers. So we can expect more burn outs by fire now.

And RU WoWP Developers have been sighted in the CT server

Proof

Spoiler

Update: 07/22/2015

They should us the NA MM on the CT server. Too many 1 vs1 matches

Is the CT server using different ports when compared to the regular WoWP server. There seems to be more lag than usual.

Will the following maps be fixed for optimization from their game lag?

The Eastern Front
Bay
National Park
Fortress
Asian border
Hidden Airbase
Winter War
Province

When will tier IIIs be dropped from the MM list rotation for the National park map? It takes too much time to get into combat with this tier.

Will the old National Park map be return to the map rotation?

Now the good, the bad and ugly in playing on the CT server

Spoiler

Update: 07/25/2015

Three things to note

1. The MM still stinks. Too many one vs. one when the queue is full of players.

2. Highest XP Record (Personal) with a match loss on the CT server

Spoiler

3. I got the IL-40P on the CT server.

Spoiler

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 25 July 2015 - 06:09 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

GhostPrime #17 Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:08 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
What does everyone think of the new map, and the changes made to El Halluf? What about the UI tweaks?

Find us on Facebook!

dityboycom #18 Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGhostPrime, on 22 July 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

One way to see the new map is through the use pf a training room. You can add a couple bots. (They are less than hard, possibly get a few friends to fly?) but at least you will be able to check the new map out.

Wait.. you put up a new test server for us to test a map and didn't put it into rotation?

Plus I'm assuming it still has the EU/RU MM instead of the NA MM on the test server?

Does it say somewhere that we had to go into a training room to see the new map?

The map is not bad, it's got a lot of detail but you missed some key identifiers on the Dam, like the bypass tunnels which were key in the dams construction. I am sure you did this for some legal reasons it couldn't be identical. Target placement is kind of odd for GAA, they will pretty much be useless on this map as they will have to burn boost just to get from target to target.

Birthday missions still take 10 years to load. Not to mention the rest of the hangar.

The new sounds when you're traversing your hangar  when you click on anything in the hangar is very obnoxious.

The constant wind sound is beyond annoying. Can't even hear your engine over the wind noise.

Between the horrendous sound additions made in 1.7 and the ones you guys are planning on implementing in this patch iteration, I'm not entirely sure I understand what your goal is for sound in this game.

Overall it seems as if we're getting more of the same disappointing realities with over promised fantasies from WG in this patch. Very disappointed, thanks for the new Map.

Edited by dityboycom, 22 July 2015 - 09:36 PM.

GhostPrime #19 Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:00 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postdityboycom, on 22 July 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Wait.. you put up a new test server for us to test a map and didn't put it into rotation?

Plus I'm assuming it still has the EU/RU MM instead of the NA MM on the test server?

Does it say somewhere that we had to go into a training room to see the new map?

It's in rotation. If you want to check it out and don't want to wait for it to show up, an easy way to see it would be a training room. :) 

The EU/RU MM is the one used yes. The NA specific MM will still be present when the game launches. 

Find us on Facebook!

dityboycom #20 Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:04 PM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGhostPrime, on 22 July 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

It's in rotation. If you want to check it out and don't want to wait for it to show up, an easy way to see it would be a training room. :) 

The EU/RU MM is the one used yes. The NA specific MM will still be present when the game launches. 

Yeah, that's what makes no sense. Why are you guys not using the NA Specific MM on the Test server since the population is always sub 1000 players? Players across all servers complain about the lack of playability on the test server and waiting 5 - 10 minutes for 1v1 games.

Good on the map though, I misunderstood thought you were saying it wasn't in rotation.

Edited by dityboycom, 22 July 2015 - 10:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users