CCWB - Victory Points - June 24, 2015

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Phrap #121 Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 21 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

It's more to point out just how ridiculous the event has and will continue to be until it ends. Unfortunate that this was pretty much the only recently sponsored event by WG. What a waste, really.

It's also a judging view of the people who partook in these actions. You can't hide from it, and we will gladly observe and comment.

Reaper926 #122 Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1161 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

WS -Vulcan  take it  to sf team speak tonight... arguing in the forums only feeds the need for outsiders to  voice an opinion  toward one side or the other fueling  the fire so to speak...  i believe  its referred to as "trolling"  ..  no  need for dragging this crap out,..  it can all be settled  in a  roundtable council meeting

Phrap #123 Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 21 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostReaper926, on 25 June 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

WS -Vulcan  take it  to sf team speak tonight... arguing in the forums only feeds the need for outsiders to  voice an opinion  toward one side or the other fueling  the fire so to speak...  i believe  its referred to as "trolling"  ..  no  need for dragging this crap out,..  it can all be settled  in a  roundtable council meeting

PMs exist bro.

This is setting a great example for "future" "sponsored" "events", if you catch my drift.

:coin:

Killerpopcorn #124 Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 358 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPostTraumatic, on 25 June 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

If you don't want to mess with it then why post repeatedly on this thread comparing me to Nolan Ryan for playing within the rules?  It is a totally unfair comparison.  

You even admit to reading the rules and knowing this was encouraged by GW in the rules.  

Seems you and Killer just like to help stir the crap and not post constructive fair analysis of the rules and situation.

First of all thats not Nolan Ryan, As a Texas native this is Nolan Ryan

Second: I never said you broke any rules or accused you of anything, Is there something you are trying to hide since you are lashing out at me like I am accusing you of wrong doing. All I stated was this will be something to look out for in future events.

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

PostTraumatic #125 Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:44 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1530 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

They forwarded a vague dispute.  It's not even clear what's being disputed.  He alluded to agreements being broken on our lower tier battles but was not specific.  He alluded to our 10a battle agreement but again he won't be specific about what's being disputed.  I'm sayin we did all we could and fought fairly and won the battles. 

Again I ask WS.  What exactly are you disputing???

Please we are all waiting to hear your dispute.  I ask all to hold off and let them state their dispute clearly here.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 25 June 2015 - 10:44 PM.

Reaper926 #126 Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1161 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostPhrap, on 25 June 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

PMs exist bro.

This is setting a great example for "future" "sponsored" "events", if you catch my drift.

:coin:

pms are fine..  i dont mind someone having  a discussion of differences  or opinions... its just the constant  comments  on a thread basically hijacking it  to the point that the info from the thread is swallowed up in  all the comments being made...   and personally i dont think anyone that isnt in this thing should be trolling the  thread and  posting their opinions which are mute by the way,  you guys really need to make  your own thread to  voice your opinions  on how  the event is run or how retarded  or whatever the case is... and im not  trying to disrespect any clan due to  my  retort to their members  trolling in the ccw posts...  but fact is   your opinions are going to the wrong threads...  98% of the comments ive seen  from  outside  clan members has been negative and leads people to think your a bunch of  negative nellies.. but   let the event run its course and  leave the people in the event alone to do their thing.  if you want your opinions to matter  by all means  join the event then you have an opinion that would matter in these threads. untill them please open your own thread and bash away stop hijacking  these threads..  oh and before i go...  im letting you  know im  runnig t-7  so come kill me all ya want  :)

Rob7183 #127 Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 106 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostJlNN, on 25 June 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

Perhaps you should take your own advice and see what i am saying is to meet in a TS as PK mentioned instead of having this debate over forums.  Your posts are drama-creators if anything.  

These clan wars are a mess due to the over-complication of the rules.  However, we have had to be "docked" points due to rules so its only fair everyone abide by at this point.  My issues have nothing to do with PT or Vulcan in their perfunctory administration CW.

Post 19, Page 1.  Pretty sure JINN was stating he doesn't want this conversation to be the forum fodder it has become.  Something that happened had him upset and he wanted to speak with you and the other CCW clan leaders outside of here.  That was 7 pages of unnecessary speculation ago.

Rob7183.png 

Phrap #128 Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 21 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostReaper926, on 25 June 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

We gave opinions before the event ever began, and after nothing was changed we made our decision. Before the event even began we saw what would inevitably happen if anyone with a brain looked at the rule-set, it's as simple as that.  Anyone can give their opinions on anything that is said on the internet, learn to deal with it.

Why on earth would we join an event as misdirected and messy as this? Seriously.

The event's ending soon, and chances are we won't get another like it for another year at the soonest. Like I said: What a shame.

I'd love to play the game, but I have no tier VIIs to work on. Everything above or at tier VIII is mostly just ground-hugging GAA that are boring to shoot down over and over and over and over... Yeah.

Since the game is too much of a bore to play now, I've luckily started getting into other games like CS:GO! Seeing 600k players online at once compared to WoWP's lowly NA population of ~600 players online... Yeah, I think nothing else needs to be said there.

Plz format.

Reaper926 #129 Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1161 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostPhrap, on 25 June 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

We gave opinions before the event ever began, and after nothing was changed we made our decision. Before the event even began we saw what would inevitably happen if anyone with a brain looked at the rule-set, it's as simple as that.  Anyone can give their opinions on anything that is said on the internet, learn to deal with it.

Why on earth would we join an event as misdirected and messy as this? Seriously.

The event's ending soon, and chances are we won't get another like it for another year at the soonest. Like I said: What a shame.

I'd love to play the game, but I have no tier VIIs to work on. Everything above or at tier VIII is mostly just ground-hugging GAA that are boring to shoot down over and over and over and over... Yeah.

Since the game is too much of a bore to play now, I've luckily started getting into other games like CS:GO! Seeing 600k players online at once compared to WoWP's lowly NA population of ~600 players online... Yeah, I think nothing else needs to be said there.

Plz format.

well if your opinion in the begining didnt  change things what makes you think it will now?? other than what people   think of you for posting nonstop about  an event you  are not in... or matters in the event that dont concern you...  to me  its beginning to sound alot like a case of the  kid just foaming at the mouth for  his chance to say  "TOLD YOU SO"   i find it funny that  the gaame that bores you now due to low population still draws you to  its forums to post on threads  that dont  have anything to do with you???      just  let  things go man...  go enjoy your new game and leave  others to enjoy this one .since this game is too much of a bore          just saying...

Phrap #130 Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:29 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 21 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostReaper926, on 25 June 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

Lol.

This event is sadly an example of the first "sponsored" player-organized event. That's why comments from other people potentially interested in events that might resemble one such as this should, and will, exist. It would suck if every event that got sponsored by WG after this would resemble the same level of messiness and lack of prevention for gaming the system.

As an actual customer I should never just "let it go" with how the game has been developed. Anyone who has supported the game in its past development should never accept the crap decisions that were thrown out to us patch after patch.

Reaper926 #131 Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1161 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

well phrap  sounds like you got it all figured out...  so how about you guys host and moderate the next event..

Phrap #132 Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:42 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 21 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostReaper926, on 25 June 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

well phrap  sounds like you got it all figured out...  so how about you guys host and moderate the next event..

To be honest, seeing how this one went I don't know if a single person exists who would want to deal with it all. Perhaps that's why WG is delaying their official Clan Wars for WoWP for so long (not really, but hey it would be quite hilarious).

Reaper926 #133 Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1161 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

so why bash it when someone does take the initiative to do something for the whole community. cause thats mostly what ive seen from you guys..  then i  have the perfect solution to who should run the next one.. and it the people with all the answers and then the criticism turn into an  excuse in 2 seconds flat..   so  please just let it be...   all this negative  posts and energy does who any good??? tell me please

PostTraumatic #134 Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:49 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1530 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Phrap gave up on the real game as he posted in his thread saying he was leaving.  

But he will never leave the FORUM GAME

not a dragon in the game anymore just a Forum Vulture now.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 25 June 2015 - 11:52 PM.

Phrap #135 Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:57 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 21 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Where on earth did I say I was leaving? Reading comprehension is a virtue.

I post on the forums when something involves an idea or gameplay aspect that could potentially be taken the wrong way when only one opinion shines through. *cough* That 2-man flight restriction really saved the game, right guys? *cough*

Plz for the love of god format those posts.

PostTraumatic #136 Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:04 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1530 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I got you mixed up with Noreaga on that point about leaving.  My bad on that one.  

Whatever post whatever you want.  It will be decided and its probably over at this point anyways

GG's all

Edited by PostTraumatic, 26 June 2015 - 12:05 AM.

Killerpopcorn #137 Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:13 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 358 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPostTraumatic, on 25 June 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

Phrap gave up on the real game as he posted in his thread saying he was leaving.  

But he will never leave the FORUM GAME

not a dragon in the game anymore just a Forum Vulture now.

View PostReaper926, on 25 June 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

pms are fine..  i dont mind someone having  a discussion of differences  or opinions... its just the constant  comments  on a thread basically hijacking it

I posted one post with my opinions my appoligies for not making a separate thread. But, does that give the leader of this event the right to bash me for something I didn't do/accuse him of. What do you expect someone to do witha response like this.

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

PostTraumatic #138 Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:22 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1530 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

none of my words were directed at you in your quote KP and I already said it was a misunderstanding with Phrap and Noreaga.  I remembered Noreagas post and somehow i remembered it as Phrap.  Already been clarified.

macfloam #139 Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [TOP-D] TOP-D

View PostSHreDDed__WhEaT, on 25 June 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

Honestly, this is exactly what the World of Tanks Global Map is about.  Diplomacy is a huge aspect of that event.  Nothing in the rules didn't allow collaboration between clans.

Collaboration within an alliance is supposed be AGAINST a common foe. You don't collaborate with the people you are fighting against, that's gaming the system. When sports teams do this, they get disqualified. The "W" in CCWB stands for WAR, not "Work-Together-to-Get-the-Most-Gold". In war, you do everything you can to defeat your enemy while simultaneously attempting to deny them victory. 

This event is a sham because the rules make this sort of nonsense possible, but it's an even bigger sham because the so-called event moderators allow it to happen. Do you really think WG was offering up gold so that clans could organize multiple 1v1 matches against each other?

If clans want more battles, they can organize scrims...but of course scrims don't reward gold, so it's obvious that the objective is to game the system and violate the spirit of the competition in order to win more gold. Alliances coordinate battles against a 3rd party - they don't coordinate battles against themselves; that's points trading. The fact that this apparently isn't blatantly obvious to the rest of the participants makes me sad (or maybe they're just too fed up to care). 

MARS_REVENANT #140 Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:46 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5652 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Oh look I found this thread.

Some interesting reading in here to say the least.

Its a long one, but I'd start at around post 44.

Edited by THEMARCO1979, 10 January 2016 - 07:49 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users