Superiority GA points win ground losttwo

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Many of you have seen a guaranteed win turn into a disappointing loss on regular occasions.

We have all been there.

Some pilot will run through a game racking up points either by killing planes or hitting ground targets.

The supremacy counter will be moving right along at a nice pace and your team sits with the most points.

Points do not matter, really they don't.

Sure they are good when it comes to XP and credits an item we all truly love to gain.

Yet it doesn't necessarily do anything for the win.

I have seen many a fool hardy pilot go screaming through a match totally destroying one GT after another.

Thus leaving nothing in the late match close enough to reset.

Resetting GT is one of the vital mainstays to ensure a win.

Be it all GA at the end of the battle or even fighters.

If a fighter is at high altitude and or can not be found as they try to ensure the win.

Then resetting superiority is a good option.

Thus forcing their hand to either show themselves or forcing them to make some move to stop a counter offensive.

Here is an accelerated video of stealing a victory by way of resetting GT's versus point values.

Total points at end of match are Green 180 points to Red's 221 ( 41 point lead ).

Green wins the match simply by timing resets rather than achieving points.

here is the long boring drawn out match in the spoiler with Grapefruit Juicy-fruit by Jimmy Buffet

Spoiler

Edited by losttwo, 23 June 2015 - 05:24 PM.

Mr_D_Duck #2 Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Good info ... but WOW poor video - could only see 1/2 the screen ?

Welcome back :)

CLOSED BETA -> 1008 ------ OPEN BETA -> 2891 ------ LIVE -> 6210 +

T1/5 Planes @ 306 flights - 61.76% {L.G.P. - Feb 2015} ----- T2/15 Planes @ 306 flights - "95% completed"

T3/14 Planes |-----| T4/12 Planes |-----| T5/16 Planes |-----| T6/ 1 Plane (so far)

Still Here & Still playing, The Game - MY WAY !

DrSinister #3 Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMr_D_Duck, on 23 June 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

Good info ... but WOW poor video - could only see 1/2 the screen ?

Welcome back :)

Probably did it for a reason to keep your concentration on the Supremacy Bar instead of the actual match.

losttwo #4 Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:25 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostDrSinister, on 23 June 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Probably did it for a reason to keep your concentration on the Supremacy Bar instead of the actual match.

hence the longer 8 minute video in the spoiler. The first video is all about the supremacy bar in fast forward not the match.

So yeah you are correct.

Daniel5a #5 Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
I m in surprise but this will give me the explanation for some many times a game look will be "win" and in the end it is "lost" (with more points for the lost side)

vuuduu #6 Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:58 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 199 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I disagree, lost. Not that resets can win a game, obviously they can. If the guy blasts thru and gets a boatload of points, and the guys above do their job and also kill a raft of planes...that usually results inna win. The problem being, as I see it, the guys up top rarely do that. So, it's really not a case of the player racking up points being ineffective, but....elsewhere.
...look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky...

losttwo #7 Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:17 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postvuuduu, on 23 June 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

I disagree, lost. Not that resets can win a game, obviously they can. If the guy blasts thru and gets a boatload of points, and the guys above do their job and also kill a raft of planes...that usually results inna win. The problem being, as I see it, the guys up top rarely do that. So, it's really not a case of the player racking up points being ineffective, but....elsewhere.

Disagree all you want but you are correct if the guys above do their job you can win regardless of points.

I am simply speaking about points versus superiority and that points do not determine the win.

vuuduu #8 Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 199 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Uhhhh...okie doke.

...look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky...

PostTraumatic #9 Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1509 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

The more ground targets completely destroyed, the faster the supremacy bar climbs.  If they wanted it to make sense they would also show there next to the supremacy bar the total number of ground points each team has.  

Also it is advantageous to only WEAKEN GT's until the other team has some supremacy built up and then finish them all of thereby clearing his supremacy bar even if he has lead the whole time.

Vanize #10 Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:14 PM

• 0 battles
i used to consider this while GAing back when there were regular farming contests. with the advent of the german GA line (GA killers, really), it has become more about kill the targets then move on because you probably aren't going to be coming back this way again for resets.

Omega_Weapon #11 Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

• 0 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Haven't used any ground attackers yet and not really familiar with how the supremacy system works. I though it was just kill more ground targets until the bar is full. Now the explanation here makes me think its more complicated (and a bit wonky). Is resetting supremacy like resetting the cap circle in World of Tanks?

Dsembr_Rein #12 Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 125 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostOmega_Weapon, on 23 June 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Haven't used any ground attackers yet and not really familiar with how the supremacy system works. I though it was just kill more ground targets until the bar is full. Now the explanation here makes me think its more complicated (and a bit wonky). Is resetting supremacy like resetting the cap circle in World of Tanks?

Yes. Each ground target and enemy aircraft has a point value (15 points for LF and MRF, 20 for HF, and 25 for GA. 1 point for yellow targets, 2 for AA installations, 6 for hardened red targets). When aircraft are destroyed, that point value is added to your team's supremacy advantage (the rate at which the bar fills) and the same percentage is removed from your enemy's bar. With ground targets, each individual target destroyed adds points to your supremacy, but the full point value percentage is only removed from the enemy's bar once the entire target is destroyed.

Edited by Dsembr_Rein, 23 June 2015 - 09:27 PM.

Omega_Weapon #13 Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

• 0 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 23 June 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Yes. Each ground target and enemy aircraft has a point value (15 points for LF and MRF, 20 for HF, and 25 for GA. 1 point for yellow targets, 2 for AA installations, 6 for hardened red targets). When aircraft are destroyed, that point value is added to your team's supremacy advantage (the rate at which the bar fills) and the same percentage is removed from your enemy's bar. With ground targets, each individual target destroyed adds points to your supremacy, but the full point value percentage is only removed from the enemy's bar once the entire target is destroyed.

Wow. That last part is not intuitive at all. Thanks for the clarification.

Rosebud #14 Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 23 June 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

This has got to be the most succinct, understandable and readable explanation of the complex supremacy system I have ever read.

dityboycom #15 Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:33 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostRosebud, on 23 June 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

This has got to be the most succinct, understandable and readable explanation of the complex supremacy system I have ever read.

That's exactly how the blog explains it...

Killerpopcorn #16 Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 358 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRosebud, on 23 June 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

whoa, whoa whoa whoa....That's not my GA glass!

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

losttwo #17 Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:48 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postdityboycom, on 24 June 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

That's exactly how the blog explains it...

roflmao...not since the change.

cant find diddly squat on the blog now

dityboycom #18 Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postlosttwo, on 24 June 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

roflmao...not since the change.

cant find diddly squat on the blog now

Wow, they did scrub all the old blogs. No wonder I couldn't find th eblog when they explained how Client Side worked. Shady AF.

losttwo #19 Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:06 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

by the way. the entire premise of my OP does not include the proper way to win a match.

If the fighters and heavies do their job properly then there is no need to worry about supremacy.

Win by total annihilation is always the way to try and go.

Yes Virginia, even in a 3 fighters vs 3 GA match.

_Warchylde_ #20 Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I tried to explain this to a newer pilot in a match last week. The match ended up being my 209A all alone against an IL-10 that ran into friendly AA cover.

The red team was leading on points 60-85, but I had a slight advantage on the timer.

I knew that the IL would have to come to my side to hit GTs if he wanted to win, so I patiently waited on my side of the map.

When he poked his head out and pinged the map, I ghosted him for the win.

I tried to explain my tactic to my dead team mate, who insisted we were losing because of the point difference.

It's not about the points, it's all about the timer.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 25 June 2015 - 08:00 PM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Also tagged with Superiority, GA, points, win, ground, losttwo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users