Anyone having issues with A/C controllability?

controls lag packet loss

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

CrazyHeinz #1 Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Here's the deal- I don't like losing, but accept that at times, I will lose to [better/worse] players or get a case of paste eating and do something dumb that results in me dying... But this is maddening:

About 2-3 minutes into a match I lose the ability to control a plane. Example- I am flying straight and level, and encounter the other team. I apply elevator and rudder but my A/C continues on the same flight path, only to get chewed up. I can 'free camera' and look at the ground/enemy/friendlies, but no control of my aircraft.

Here are changes that I am aware of prior to encountering this issue (i.e. I didn't encounter it, to my knowledge, prior to this):

1) went to dual monitor display

2) change to WoWP 1.8

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers,

Crazy

learpilot #2 Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:05 PM

• 5 battles
That happened to me a few times in this version,I will lose control of the plane for a few seconds the controls will be unresponsive.

Edited by learpilot, 14 June 2015 - 10:05 PM.

OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

MO_E #3 Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2817 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Same here. All of a sudden no response from controls. Keyboard or mouse

Started with 1.8.1

MO

Zigfreid #4 Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14503 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Crazy if you use mouse sounds like a bad USB connection try a different one hope it works.

Bandet #5 Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:14 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Yeah I'm having trouble with my A/C too. Maybe I need to replace the thermostat.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

Claudio67 #6 Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 433 battles
Only happened once to me, but after that (30 seconds approx.) I started to have packet losses and then disconnected. On earlier versions I loss control then packet losses and disconnected immediately, maybe it's something in the client side control (new in 1.8) waiting a bit more for the reconnect.

Nihtwaco #7 Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:21 AM

• 453 battles
  • [DSA] DSA
I have had it happen since Start of open Beta. Packet loss or very high Ping is the problem. Streaming Video such as Netflix eats a vast portion of available bandwidth if someone in house/neighborhood starts a new stream with local circuit already near max your connection goes down. It may reconnect in time to save plane it may not. Watch for High Ping and red Lag indicator top left of screen. As already mentioned game may be a bit more tolerant of brief disconnects but if it lasts too long you will be kicked.

soydivision #8 Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 611 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostClaudio67, on 14 June 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

Only happened once to me, but after that (30 seconds approx.) I started to have packet losses and then disconnected. On earlier versions I loss control then packet losses and disconnected immediately, maybe it's something in the client side control (new in 1.8) waiting a bit more for the reconnect.

Same here.  I had this exact problem recently and for me it was related to loss of network connectivity.   My cable provider's equipment was going up and down all weekend, and whenever my link would drop I would basically lose control of my plane, even though it looked like I was flying along nicely in a straight line.

If your link is down long enough, the client will eventually kick you out, but if you're only down a few seconds, it would just seem like you couldn't control your plane for a while.   Had me scrambling around for replacement mice and checking USB connections until I finally figured out it was the network issue. 

CrazyHeinz #9 Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Okay guys, thanks.

CaptainJoeyCusack #10 Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS
Uninstall and reinstall the game. I had this issue start yesterday and continued today. Never experienced it before. Someone suggested what I just did and it worked . My ping is back to normal . I believe it has something to do with registry errors by reinstalling it corrects all your issues.

Gdeckjr #11 Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 33 battles

(<this guy fails)
So glad you're a {JRKS}, there Cap... hehehe. (jerk) hehehehe

Yes, first answers are to ensure all connections are there.

Mouse/Keyboard, or Joystick(I found my joystick "hangs"...as in it won't fly the plane anymore). Restarting a pc is the most common fix, when it comes to USB connections, i'm pretty sure(or at least with Windows of old), you're given a specific number of spaces for USB(3.0 excluded). If you don't have USB 3.0, you should probably make sure all USB connection aren't in use, as your version of Windows may not support that many USB connections(support = conflicts are common)(think telephone, I go to use the phone in your house, but your already in a call(conflict))

-next, check to see if something your running in the background isn't stealing the focus (doubtful, but less painful than uninstall/reinstall)

If it only happens once the 30s countdown is over, you should submit a ticket, as I never figured out how loss of control only happens once it's in the battle.(nudge)

Reinstalling, works, i've done it. It has corrected problems for me.
And thats the final step(s).

Check if drivers are up to date.(specifically graphics)
Check to see if Windows is up to date.

Last, and worst, uninstall(saving replays and screenshots elsewhere first), then reinstall.

If that doesn't work, beat that support ticket until its a dead horse.

Edited by Gdeckjr, 17 June 2015 - 12:55 AM.

Also tagged with controls, lag, packet loss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users