XBOX 360 Controller setup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

P3P5I #41 Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
360 wireless user here. What I did that seems to had worked is to get the wireless adaptor, plug it in, download the drivers from Microsoft (for the wireless controller), turn the controller on and connect the two via the circling/blinking green light. It's worked for me in BF3 and WoWp.

Anoid2 #42 Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 20 battles

View PostMartinek, on 10 April 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

OK, i put the cable to usb-port, drivers for xbox controller installed properly, but what now?
do i have to press the xbox button, start or select or whatever?
i dont get any response ingame... :Smile_sad:

yea you need the drivers you can get them from http://www.microsoft...ler-for-windows just pick your OS and download and you should be good to go. It did take me a few tries to get the keys remapped and working though. Some go in the 4th column and others worked better in the 3rd column. Not sure why but it seems to be working fine now. Oh I also spent a few hours getting the dead zones and sensitivities as well.
As my mother always said: "If you can't play war nice, don't play war at all."

snowwi #43 Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Anyone had any problems setting their wireless 360 controller after patch?
Pre-patch my triggers were axis 2- and 2+ if i remember correctly, now they are both set to axis 2. If i go into the 3rd column the trigger shows up as LMB :facepalm_wowp:
Yes, Gamepad is checked in the scroll-list.
Couldn't get it set up right, but hit a single battle just the same, and viola....everything reset. Triggers were now throttle, and all my buttons were gone as well.
it's a mystery. I can be dumb as a brick, but this is just  :Smile-angry:

Any ideas?

freshmeat911 #44 Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
:

View Postsnowwi, on 21 April 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Anyone had any problems setting their wireless 360 controller after patch?
Pre-patch my triggers were axis 2- and 2+ if i remember correctly, now they are both set to axis 2. If i go into the 3rd column the trigger shows up as LMB :facepalm_wowp:
Yes, Gamepad is checked in the scroll-list.
Couldn't get it set up right, but hit a single battle just the same, and viola....everything reset. Triggers were now throttle, and all my buttons were gone as well.
it's a mystery. I can be dumb as a brick, but this is just  :Smile-angry:

Any ideas?

I seem to have the same issue. I'm not sure if there is a "mod" or patch or anything but even when i set the buttons they don't work! I can only pitch up/down and throttle up/down, that's it, NO guns, roll, bombs/rockets etc... I don't think ill be playing till it's fixed. Still not sure why they messed with it at all, it seemed to work fine before the patch  :facepalm_wowp:

golf1biker2 #45 Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttomt610, on 18 October 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

Here is my Xbox360 controls config file that goes into: \WoWp_Alpha\game\res\scripts\input_mapping
Try it without inverting axis or changing keybindings and post your opinion on how it feels as it is and maybe after few flights you could modify it and post feedback what and why should things be changed

Need to check how attach files :P

Ok i dont think i can attach anything to this forum post so here is mediafire link

I tried using your file and editing it, and it wouldn't let me edit it in game. Any idea why?

McDondo #46 Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 3 battles
  • [ACA] ACA

View Postfreshmeat911, on 22 April 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

I seem to have the same issue. I'm not sure if there is a "mod" or patch or anything but even when i set the buttons they don't work! I can only pitch up/down and throttle up/down, that's it, NO guns, roll, bombs/rockets etc... I don't think ill be playing till it's fixed. Still not sure why they messed with it at all, it seemed to work fine before the patch  :facepalm_wowp:

I have the exact same issue with my controller, it seems the devs botched up something on that last patch  :Smile-_tongue:

amgj #47 Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttomt610, on 19 October 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

ohh, there are also wireless xbox360 controllers, i forgot about that, if you have any of those i cannot help you since i dont know how they work
magic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users