Airman Basic

• 376 battles
I wonder if there will be a Mac version of the game as there is for WoT

Bubba_Zanetti #2 Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27874 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Google it!   I think there's a wrapper version out there.

http://paulthetall.com/world-of-warplanes-mac/

Edited by Bubba_Zanetti, 28 May 2015 - 12:15 AM.

oldbob48 #3 Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:10 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles

My download of the wrapper seemed to work...but when I start the application, it allows me to log on, and then hangs at "updating hangar".  

Steve

EspressoForHammy #4 Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4985 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Well to be fair, so does the PC version. :D

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

oldbob48 #5 Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:56 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles

I was running the PC version on an i7 core and NVIDIA card...worked well, but I have not updated WOWP for over a year.  My Mac is so much faster (i5) and easier to use...I guess I'll wait for the final bugs to be worked out so I can eventually run it on my Mac.

Steve

zproxy #6 Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

Airman Basic

• 376 battles

the version of paulthetall gives me error when entering the garage 

if anyone has any tutorial to fix that pass the link

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #7 Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

Airman Basic

• 87 battles
Are there any updates on this?  I am interested in seeing if it works.  I tried a few years ago and nothing.

GhostPrime #8 Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1423 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostBolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, on 28 April 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

Are there any updates on this?  I am interested in seeing if it works.  I tried a few years ago and nothing.

We do not have a Mac version. You could run the game on a mac using emulation software, or Bootcamp. I do apologize for the inconvenience.  

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Texas_Vet #9 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

Airman Basic

• 163 battles
Will there every be a MAC client for World of Warplanes?  I recently replaced my failed Windows laptop with the latest and greatest Mac.  The Mac clients for WoT and WoW works just fine.

GhostPrime #10 Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1423 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostTexas_Vet, on 12 May 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Will there every be a MAC client for World of Warplanes?  I recently replaced my failed Windows laptop with the latest and greatest Mac.  The Mac clients for WoT and WoW works just fine.

That's a good question, and unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you at this time. Have you tried the Aforementioned Wine, or bootcamp? 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

cddlbunny0 #11 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3174 battles

View Postoldbob48, on 08 September 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

My download of the wrapper seemed to work...but when I start the application, it allows me to log on, and then hangs at "updating hangar".  

Steve

​I ran into that problem before and have the answer in a support ticket. Let me dig it up and post it here. It is about a WoT problem regarding the same thing but may answer your question

Sub-category:
Technical Support
I started by client today and the interface started as normal. There was the WT Logo and above the words updating crew. I left it alone thinking that it would go to the garage so I could start playing, but it is still "updating crew"? What is the problem and how do I fix it or do I just leave it and hope that it resolves itself. This is the first time that this has happened and it is getting frustrating a it keeps me from completing the On Track as well as the Personal Mission.

Closed

Replies

Hello cddlbunny0

Thank you for contacting Support and we will be happy to assist!    

In order to collect as much information as possible to make a proper diagnosis of your issue, we would ask that you attach some logs to your reply.

Please send us your WOTLauncher.cfg, python.log and WOTLauncher.log files (sometimes just text files called 'python' and 'WOTLauncher') from the root folder in which World of Tanks is installed on your computer (the default location is C:\Games\World_Of_Tanks).

In addition, please compile and send us a DxDiag report file so we may get a clear picture of your computer's characteristics.

Please follow the associated steps below:
- On your Windows task bar, click Start (Windows icon usually in the lower left corner of the screen).
- Select and press "Run" (if you do not see "Run", hold down the "Windows" button on your keyboard and press "R"). A "Run" window should pop up.
- In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click "OK". A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up. Wait for it to finish gathering your info before saving.
- In the appeared window choose "Save all information".
- After you've saved the file, please attach it to your reply.

Once we have the files mentioned above, we can continue our troubleshooting process.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 12 May 2017 - 08:23 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users