CT Server is almost impossible to play because of the amount of lag

rant

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Captain

• 11950 battles

Begin rant

I have up'd my fiber bandwidth, open port forwarding, clear the programs in my firewall and yet still when the furball happens, the ping goes through the roof. In addition the camera zooms into 3'rd person mode like a crash, aim is off from 60 to 80 degrees, and flying is delayed. It is like I have to predict 5 to 8 seconds ahead where to aim on the enemy. I don't think the client prediction is working. Did WG buy the cheapest server for the CT server to save money? I have yet to see how ghost new tier 8 premium planes. Anyone else seeing what I am?

End rant

Then again this is CT test for update 1.8.It's just frustrating.

UPDATE: If you uncheck the "Client Side Prediction" the planes handles way better, like a 1,000% improvment. Very odd.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 11 May 2015 - 04:24 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

losttwo #2 Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

oh wait a minute.

Isn't it supposed to have client side prediction ?

The " new " feature that is suppose to improve everyone's ability to play the game.

Working as intended.

That's wargaming for you.

Halitosis #3 Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3547 battles
Lag has not been so much of a issue for me as much as waiting 10 min with 14 other people in t8's and then being placed in a 1v1 against another attack aircraft lol. I have been around 110 ms.

losttwo #4 Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
4 out of 5 Dentist recommend AIM.

dityboycom #5 Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

Colonel

• 10174 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 11 May 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Begin rant

I have up'd my fiber bandwidth, open port forwarding, clear the programs in my firewall and yet still when the furball happens, the ping goes through the roof. In addition the camera zooms into 3'rd person mode like a crash, aim is off from 60 to 80 degrees, and flying is delayed. It is like I have to predict 5 to 8 seconds ahead where to aim on the enemy. I don't think the client prediction is working. Did WG buy the cheapest server for the CT server to save money? I have yet to see how ghost new tier 8 premium planes. Anyone else seeing what I am?

End rant

Then again this is CT test for update 1.8.It's just frustrating.

UPDATE: If you uncheck the "Client Side Prediction" the planes handles way better, like a 1,000% improvment. Very odd.

The Client Side prediction is a mask to your lag which in fact makes it harder to play as you don't know where you realistically are. That's why we said it was a placebo effect on day 1.

WOW

FlakValleyExpress #6 Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

Captain

• 11950 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 11 May 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

4 out of 5 Dentist recommend AIM.

:trollface:

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

FreeFOXMIKE #7 Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 18107 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
lag not as much an issue as background programs activating windows decided to to a service mait  oh boy now you talking about  LAG ,turned it off and np 

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Roush2960 #8 Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5460 battles

tried to play all weekend , BUT IT SUCKED BIG TIME!!

./M@

dityboycom #9 Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

Colonel

• 10174 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
If you just uncheck client side prediction like Flak said it will get better. It will seem choppier and more laggy but you will actually be able to perform better since you will be aware of where you are currently registering on the server.

WOW

GhostPrime #10 Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Moved the topic to here so it doesn't get lost, and we can report this to the developers. Thank you guys for the feedback. Any specifics on how you feel the client prediction works (Or doesn't)?

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

dityboycom #11 Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

Colonel

• 10174 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postdityboycom, on 07 May 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

• Client side prediction ---  Lets you feel like you're not lagging, so its easier to play. In reality, you're still lagging, you just can't tell now. Often you will find yourself getting hit and bullets aren't near you, and you will find yourself not hitting the target in front of you even though your bullets are going through them or splashing on their paint....

Yeah, it doesn't work. It does make you feel like you can contribute more because it's immediate response is on point; however, it's clear that though you are moving well your avatar on the server is still behind the rest of the game. This inadvertently puts you at a disadvantage because you can not put your plane in the appropriate position to gain advantage because your client cannot predict the movements of others.

I do have to say I am very proud of WG for putting the option to disable the feature so those of us who realize its a placebo can opt out.

Edited by dityboycom, 11 May 2015 - 07:28 PM.

WOW

FlakValleyExpress #12 Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

Captain

• 11950 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 11 May 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Moved the topic to here so it doesn't get lost, and we can report this to the developers. Thank you guys for the feedback. Any specifics on how you feel the client prediction works (Or doesn't)?

Attached are two replay examples showing the differences. On the second example I got a Rocketeer award notice which I never received if the "Client Side Prediction" is enabled.

https://www.mediafire.com/?b8yiyi25wq10y1o

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 11 May 2015 - 08:07 PM.

losttwo #13 Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Client side prediction means our computer processors are going to have more information to process.

As the game is now middle of the road laptops are already stressed.

The only people that will be able to play this game are high end computer gamers.

Just my opinion, I have no knowledge of computers so I really do not know.

I am predicting that I will no longer be able to play this game after 8.1

Hoping that with client side prediction the game becomes more optimized but I seriously doubt that is how you optimize a game.

GunnRdog #14 Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 12000 battles
I have played it with the box checked and unchecked, using the same plane, and can't tell any difference. Ping is the same either way, and the plane doesn't fly any different

ArrowZ_ #15 Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9554 battles
And here I am playing at 360+ ms having a ball of fun with client side prediction. I guess the experience is different for everyone. I do agree however there are some blatant delays even with a misleading improvement in control response. Damage registered is one of them and the aircraft's overall flight dynamics. It gets wonky as hell in tight turns with client side on. But I'm guessing that's just the inflated latency doing its work.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Room_1408 #16 Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5873 battles
Well I wait almost 10 minutes a piece for two one on one matches with Russian dude who just beats me both times. He actually played high alt which wad nice but with the ping difference and wonky client thing I don't think I learned much other than he had a huge advantage.

Also tagged with rant

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users