CT 1.8 - General Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

CaptainJoeyCusack #41 Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9264 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS
So besides the obvious with MM . Which needs serious work on all platforms as that will help draw new customers and keep the ones we have.  The biggest change that I have noticed so far is that with some minor adjustments to my settings I am now controlling my craft better then ever before. The response is great and its a heavy push in the right direction. The negatives so far are the horrible aim, In most craft its a good centimeter or more below the reticle in Air to Air and when you go for ground its so funny it's actually hitting all the other target boxes except the one you are going for. As far as the ping goes that everyone is mentioning is I have it as well however it is not affecting my playibility nor any of my functions at all. My FPS appears to have gone up a few points consistently. I cannot comment to much on crafts above tier 7 as I dont have any in my regular acct. I do have to say its a blast so far getting to fly so many of them so quickly. I will post again after I have spent more time with it.

_Old_Bear_ #42 Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 16633 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_

Testing the game is quite difficult due to the waiting time between battles.

It seems we are back to previous ELO system matchmaking

So, I am unable to join any standard battle without a long wait, never less than 10 mn just as it was during Xmas event.

And this long waiting time is just to let me play an unbalanced duel even if there are 8/10 players waiting in the Tier and 7/15 players waiting in the 3 Tiers area.

Do I need to start a new account to play Common Test 1.8?

specter2142 #43 Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:55 AM

Master Sergeant

• 14518 battles
  • [170] 170

WOW, if the public test is this kind of situation (wait too long or high pings), I would not go to test it by using my weak dorm's Wifi.

Also, I don't understand why the game does not try to fill up the missing planes inside the game first before they start to create a new nation's plane. I mean at least they should start to set up the tech tree of the Chinese plane already...and the game need some other Japanese planes as well (new tech tree for Japanese army planes, maybe?)

HZero #44 Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 6100 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 07 May 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Thank you Mr Arrow.  I just had  horrors of that previous MM that has no name worthy of speaking.

You mean that MM that got us 1000-1200 people online playing?  You prefer the one that reduced us to 500 people playing? 

The myth persists...

Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

Billybob444 #45 Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2068 battles
The common test would run much more fluid if our MM is what they would use.  Tried playing a battle before school this morning and could not because it was trying to put me into a 1v1

Conal_Cochran #46 Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6423 battles
You're just wasting our time with this...seriously 5 but more often 10 minute wait for matches? Really? I would love to help you test this but my time is a little more valuable than that. Even then its often 1vs1.

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #47 Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles

View PostCaptainSternn, on 08 May 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

You're just wasting our time with this...seriously 5 but more often 10 minute wait for matches? Really? I would love to help you test this but my time is a little more valuable than that. Even then its often 1vs1.

Ditto. The MM just kills any purpose of testing. 

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

BrushWolf #48 Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostHZero, on 08 May 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

You mean that MM that got us 1000-1200 people online playing?  You prefer the one that reduced us to 500 people playing? 

The myth persists...

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 08 May 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

The one that got new and vet players alike to leave and never come back.  The one that was the last straw for so many.  The one that chased me and many others to the RU and EU servers.  The one we still have no recovered from. THAT one.  Not the one that has attracted new players, not the one that does no make the RU and EU servers more attractive even with the problems associated, not the one that does no make me feel like I have wasted life time I can never get back, not the one that gives me battle time fast.

Of what myth do you speak? Your myth?

The 1.5 patch with its horrid flight model and somewhat slow but still acceptable MM dropped the population to the current levels. The 1.6 patch which fixed the flight model and should have brought most of those that left back had the horrid MM which made their exit permanent. Either way we are where we are with a good game with few playing. :angry:

Edited by BrushWolf, 08 May 2015 - 05:37 PM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

losttwo #49 Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Kind of half baked to have a CT server and get peoples opinions and suggestions towards 1.8 patch.

Why ?

People will submit stuff yet War-gaming will continue the update with out changes.

Nothing wrong with current sound system....you should not be messing with it.

but you did.

Nothing wrong with 3 man flights.....yet you insist there is...and change it.

( instead of  2, 3 man flights on each side now there will be 3, 2 man flights )

The proper way to balance the flight equation was to not drop flights into battle

until there is an opposing flight.

Improved chances for critical hits....good deal, why does it need to be tested before dropping patch.

Even if everyone complains and states how much it is a horrific idea.

YOU WILL STILL PUBLISH IT IN THE PATCH.

Exactly what is the CT server.

An opportunity to test a system that will be implemented regardless of what people say.

A preview of what is to come....that is it.

A way to make people feel important while WG shines them on with ( not shinola ).

JUST FIX THE BUGS IN THE GAME and get your collective heads out of your _____________.

From hangar load time to peoples games crashing to the far reaching OPTIMIZATION .

In the meantime I am going back to try and play this game with its new lower population since many of the players are on the CT server.

BrushWolf #50 Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Lost, I posted this on the EU forum, "On the flight change I don't think it is going to have the effect that they think it will. The single tier matches that the "fair" MM creates will still allow certain planes to dominate because they will never be bottom tier." With our population flights are still going to dominate and complete removal here would hurt the game more than it would help.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

CPR_FLIER #51 Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:59 PM

Airman Basic

• 14896 battles

I agree that the MM balance is not as important as getting into a flight fast.

CPR

DrSinister #52 Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:49 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I thought 1.8 was suppose to address the long hangar loading times??

Well, I have the exact same amount of planes in 1.7 and in 1.8 CT and I am loading into hangar after a match a lot slower then 1.7.  Even just selecting a new plane takes 30 secs - 1 min to load up in 1.8 CT.

I guess this did not get addressed in 1.8 CT.

dityboycom #53 Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

Colonel

• 10233 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Lol, no premium planes. Das otay doe I'll buy em anyway

BrushWolf #54 Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostDrSinister, on 08 May 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I thought 1.8 was suppose to address the long hangar loading times??

Well, I have the exact same amount of planes in 1.7 and in 1.8 CT and I am loading into hangar after a match a lot slower then 1.7.  Even just selecting a new plane takes 30 secs - 1 min to load up in 1.8 CT.

I guess this did not get addressed in 1.8 CT.

Mine were faster after the first load in. Yes, it is still slower than in tanks but it is improved.

Russian Proverb

arrrgh #55 Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 31147 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I agree the birthday missions could be problematic.   It sounds like they are at least throttled.  It would be a disaster to get 100+ birthday missions popping at once, with a sort term expiry date.

Question, if the first one you get for a plane is the 1 year, do you get a chance to get your missed 90 day etc birthdays?

Billybob444 #56 Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:52 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2068 battles

Have been waiting for 32 minutes for a match, 7 T9s have come into que and left, and I am stuck here

Edit~ been adding to the time as I wait here.

haha the server disconnected me

silly restart

server restarted, now have been here for 40 mins in que nvm the fact that there is another T9 in here with me

Edited by Billybob444, 09 May 2015 - 02:14 AM.

CycoDawg #57 Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:51 AM

Senior Airman

• 2769 battles
so far as I can tell the planes handle better, a lot smoother and way more responsive with out the touchy sensitive over heating of the engine You still over heat but seems the cool ownd is quicker same as guns they will over heat, and again to me, they seem to cool down a little faster,  I did a couple times have issues with getting a fight in under a couple minutes but that could be time or plane tier and twice i had my tier 4 fighter matched up to a tier 4 Heavy that happens I suppose every now and again still not as bad as having to fly up against a plane 2 tiers your superior nt easy to shot a plane down when by the time the guns site lines him up he's in back you drawing a smoke trail from your plane or even all you are able to see of your opponent is a flash going by, All in All You've done an Excellent Job so far, I am having a blast it's fun and exciting and every match you have a chance to win Keep it Gentlemen Nice Work o7   

CycoDawg #58 Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

Senior Airman

• 2769 battles
so far as I can tell the planes handle better, a lot smoother and way more responsive with out the touchy sensitive over heating of the engine You still over heat but seems the cool ownd is quicker same as guns they will over heat, and again to me, they seem to cool down a little faster,  I did a couple times have issues with getting a fight in under a couple minutes but that could be time or plane tier and twice i had my tier 4 fighter matched up to a tier 4 Heavy that happens I suppose every now and again still not as bad as having to fly up against a plane 2 tiers your superior nt easy to shot a plane down when by the time the guns site lines him up he's in back you drawing a smoke trail from your plane or even all you are able to see of your opponent is a flash going by, All in All You've done an Excellent Job so far, I am having a blast it's fun and exciting and every match you have a chance to win Keep it Gentlemen Nice Work o7   

CycoDawg #59 Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

Senior Airman

• 2769 battles

I been playing this all night and it still ROCKS I have neglected my normal account but I am having a blast here minor things such as getting pitted against Heavy in my Little ole Fighter but i like the 2v2 and 1v1 planes are so much smoother and handle so much better, And with the added wing and tail(I've not had that yet) Damage little more challenging although I didn't notice a big difference with and I get shot down quite often so I know Damage and if i could not see the difference "Ya Done Did Good"

RKO_2014 #60 Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:10 PM

Senior Airman

• 8547 battles
  • [SF] SF

View Postdityboycom, on 07 May 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

•  Often you will find yourself getting hit and bullets aren't near you, and you will find yourself not hitting the target in front of you even though your bullets are going through them or splashing on their paint.

Edited by RKO_2014, 09 May 2015 - 01:14 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users