CT 1.8 - New Aircraft Feedback

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

KMaus #1 Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Do you have feedback on the new warbirds?

Please let us know here!

New Aircraft

MagusGerhardt #2 Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Thanks for getting these threads updated/posted, KMaus!

I was on the CT last night, though, and did not see any of these aircraft in the depot for purchase.  Are they to be included in a future update to the CT?

I'll amend my post with my thoughts on the ones I try when I get them.

Edit:  In lieu of my thoughts on the still unavailable tier VIII premiums, I will instead submit my thoughts on the entirety of patch 1.8 as presented now in a point by point format in the interest of increasing the visibility of this feedback.

System Balance Fixes

• Weapons — improved ability to deal critical damage. Now damaging of wings and tails will happen more often

Does this mean that aircraft components are now just more susceptible to taking damage, or that it will once again be possible to pop off wings with a good cannon burst?

Tech Tree Changes

• German and American bombs were replaced with more powerful analogues

There were not complaints about the effectiveness of bombs being carried by German MRF and Heavies, so I assume this change was made to increase the effectiveness of the bombs carried by German attackers.  Unless the SD250 has enough damage potential to wipe out a 12 pt area ground target and break the back of a 16 point ship with one hit at tier X this change will be insufficent.  Why not port over the SD500 that I see the Me.210 is carrying two of at tier V?

Germany

• Me P.1092 — the aircraft weapons are re-adjusted to efficiently fire in short bursts by reducing time before overheating and by significantly increasing weapons cooldown speed. The aircraft now also features reduced hit points and maneuverability, as well as reduced impact of the top weapon on the aircraft performance.

• Me P.1101 — the aircraft weapons are re-adjusted to efficiently fire in short bursts by reducing time before overheating and by significantly increasing weapons cooldown speed. The aircraft now also feature reduced hit points, maneuverability, and boost duration.

These changes are completely excessive.  The Development team jumped the shark here.  Were changes necessary?  I will agree with the premise that these two aircraft were very strong for their tiers, one of the reasons for their popularity.  But to nerf endgame aircraft in multiple categories without first seeing how a nerf in a single area affects gameplay is foolhardy.  The changes to the 1092 are completely over the top; I've seen side by side comparison on the loading screen between an elite 1092 and an elite Russian jet of the same tier.  The 1092 is now deeply in the red in all areas but altitude performance, which is by no means an equalizer when the high flyer is outdone handily in all other areas of performance.  The 1092's top weapons were never in consideration for how it performed; no one who had any success with the aircraft used it becuase of how big a hit you took to all other areas of performance like speed and turning ability.  Now a 1092 pilot is being forced to use the top guns, with the placebo of " reduced impact of the top weapon on the aircraft performance.".

Well I am sorry to say that reducing the impact doesn't mean you're removing the impact of that weapon weight, and considering that in the breath before the previous statement the handling of the aircraft was generally made worse in all ways equals out to the airplane handling just as terribly now as it did before with top guns, but with a lower damage output due to the overheat and cooldown cycle being messed with as well.

Wonderfully done; the Me.P1092 has been destroyed unless these changes are dialed back in some serious ways.

The Me.P1101 is more of the same; overreaction to complaints arising mostly from high-tier teamwork rather than an inherent unbalanced tier X airframe.  In our short matches I've been outplayed plenty in 1v1 situations where I couldn't use my advantages, and I've stomped on pilots who allowed me to use my advantages.

Equipment and Consumables Changes

• First Aid Kit: bonus to crew protection against injury disabled. Added possibility to use the consumable twice per battle.
  • Improved Fire Extinguisher: automatic activation disabled. Passive effect reducing chance of fire by 15% disabled. Added 15-second resistance to fire after use and possibility to use the consumable twice per battle.
  • 100-octane Gasoline, 120-octane Gasoline, Purified Kerosene: removed from the game. All items mounted on players’ aircraft or stored in Depot were sold for their entire price.
  • Self-Sealing Fuel Tank: renamed as Self-Sealing Fuel Tank I. Firefighting acceleration effect removed. The effect reducing chance of fire and damage from fire by 50% added.
  • Inert Gas: renamed as Self-Sealing Fuel Tank II. Firefighting acceleration effect removed. The effect reducing chance of fire and damage from fire by 50% added.
  • Fire Suppression System: renamed as Self-Sealing Fuel Tank III. Firefighting acceleration effect removed. The effect reducing chance of fire and damage from fire by 50% added. 

Interesting that mechanic and system changes this embedded are being altered to this degree, but Tanks did some serious re-arranging as well over the course of its life, so w/e.  If this makes the game more dynamic and exciting for the playerbase more power to the Devs.  At least this change isn't completely wrecking a handful of aircraft in very specific ways.  I am very much looking forward to doubling my investment on my stockpile of AvGas all bought at half price during holiday sales and earned for free from missions.  Now I know how a successful oil speculator feels on Sell Day.

Increased Control Responsiveness

Client-side flight simulation (client-side physics) was implemented. It runs simultaneously with server-side calculations, making aircraft response to player’s actions faster and timelier. The system is designed to reduce the impact of network delays on game physics and control. If client-side calculations are found inconsistent with server data, the game client gradually adjusts aircraft position according to server calculations. The new feature can be enabled by clicking the checkbox Increased Control Responsiveness in the Game tab of the Settings screen. 

This feature sounds interesting, and seemed okay but a bit wonky in action at times of high ping on the CT server.  I do not anticipate making use of it here on NA, but may make use of it on my excursions to the RU server.

Plane Birthday

New event added — Planes' birthday. It will be implemented for each aircraft of II-X tier in Hangar for 1, 3, 6, 9 months and 1, 2, 3 and more years after the last purchase of particular plane. On planes birthdays players will be getting presents for these planes: extra experience and credits for completing special battle missions, special emblems. Gifts for each Birthday date will be more and more valuable.

I rather like this addition: It will give players a reason to fly "The Other Planes" that get little airtime.

Training Room

• The work principle of the Auto-Fill Bots button was changed. Now pressing the button will not remove all bots which were previously added.

Nice.  Why does the Training Room still cost money to use?  There is no advancement or gain from using this feature, so why is there a cost attached to it?

Sound

• A sound effect indicating hits on enemy aircraft was added.

This is fine for someone who isn't a very good shot, or can't clearly see when their target is being hit due to graphics settings.  For a pilot who is a marksman this repetitive sound quickly becomes annoying to the point it makes you want to log off.  Please make this sound optional.

Hangar User Interface

• Crewmen can still be dismissed directly from the aircraft they are assigned to.

Why in the name of Heaven and Earth has this not been addressed yet?  There has been NO honest positive feedback on this feature brought in with 1.6, here we are testing 1.8 and the Dismiss Crew option is still in the hangar screen.  I have seen large numbers of 4, 5 and 6 skill pilots that have been inadvertently dismissed due to this wrongheaded button placement.  I have seen longtime players that I know QUIT the game over losing their starting pilots that had millions of XP accumulated over the course of their play since launch.  Considering that Crewmen are impossible to replace by the admission of your own staff, don't you think it would be a wise idea to make it harder to dismiss crew?  Especially when we are talking about crew that are currently in aircraft and likely are just being moved around?  Remove the "Dismiss" option from the hangar menu and make it available only from the barracks or the Crew's profile window.

Edited by MagusGerhardt, 11 May 2015 - 03:38 AM.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

dityboycom #3 Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Yeah, they're not in the game. Will also ammend.

HZero #4 Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

What new aircraft?

"Hey, buy our new $50 premium aircraft!  We swear they were well balanced by our tiny team of very part time super testers.  No, you can't try them first on CT, why do you ask?"

Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
I also didn't see them in the Depot, but I thought the Developers Diaries Video hinted that up to a 100% discount would be a reward for completing the new War Cache missions, which I also didn't see in 1.8 CT.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GhostPrime #6 Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Some of us have them here, but we have had them. Looks like the functionality for the tech trees is in the game, so when you get them through the War Cache system they will show up in the tech tree. 

They are not available in the CT version.

Edited by GhostPrime, 07 May 2015 - 06:24 PM.

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Sojo #7 Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGhostPrime, on 07 May 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

The Premiums should be in your tech tree currently. Please make sure your 1.8 CT is up to date. 

Nope.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

BrushWolf #8 Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
It is more than a little hard to comment on planes that do not exist.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

KMaus #9 Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostRock18, on 07 May 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

Nope.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

looking into this, now. 

KMaus #10 Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Hey all,

We are unsure why Premium Planes did not make it into this CT.

I sincerely apologize for posting exciting new planes, just to have them not show up in your hanger. :(

The planes are still slated for release with 1.8, and if we hear something different, we will let you know.

We realize that many of you may be worried about balance issues with planes making it into the live game, that have not yet been player-tested on the common test; while it is always preferable that we get our players' feedback on upcoming content before release, sometimes during development we are unable to do so. The good news is, should we see any issues with plane balance in the live environment, we can always re-balance. Please be sure to let us know how you are feeling about the balance, when you do have a chance to play these new planes; we're excited for you to check them out.

Again, we apologize that you are not able to try these planes out during this CT. In the future, as best as we can we'll try and make sure the patch notes we receive/share with you, are reflective of what's actually in the test.

dityboycom #11 Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Lol

dioda666 #12 Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

haha nice one. You made my day :)

Masters of Disasters rulezz ! o7

HEAVEYGEAR #13 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles

Wow, is this going to be ANOTHER fail update???

I mean, seriously!!!....can't you people get anything right? No new premium aircraft that was advertized. (I was actually excited about this)

So what is this update about? There's not enough players on right now to get a battle......I'm not waiting more than 3 mins.

I could do bot battles, but what's the point?

You guys REALLY need to talk the people at Tanks. They do it RIGHT.

Their last update was well over a month long. And you get enough gold, silver, and xp to get any tank to test you want!!!

Is this so hard to do!!!!

Thank you, I feel better now.........

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

HEAVEYGEAR #14 Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:38 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles
Speaking about Tanks, they have a new Client Test that I'm downloading now.......

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

ArrowZ_ #15 Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

Didn't they say there are multiple phases for this CT? I could have sworn I read that in the 1.8 Public test news portal. If not, then those t8 premiums are going to be rushed for release. Again.

The only thing I'll be interested about is how expensive these t8 premiums will be. Gold doesn't come cheap neither is the investment in the aircrafts worth the expense. And WG still expects customers to pay $50 and up for an unpolished game.

Just to put that into perspective. To buy a well polished game today (2015), it's roughly at a similar pricing range: $70-90 (non-subscription). Whilst in WOWP to maintain a steady flow of Gold and Premium including the investment in Premium Aircrafts (excluding credits since you can grind that in game), you're spending reoccurring amounts of between $40-60 which adds up overtime with continuing purchases into the $100s. This is all in USD, taking out the current t7 -26% discount. Is WGNA going to give a similar discount for t8? Sure, why not but that won't change the inflated prices. I bet t8 prems would be highly expensive just to buy by itself.

But I guess the best probably reason is: It's just good business. Amiright?

Edited by ArrowZ_, 09 May 2015 - 12:44 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

HEAVEYGEAR #16 Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:36 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 08 May 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

Didn't they say there are multiple phases for this CT? I could have sworn I read that in the 1.8 Public test news portal. If not, then those t8 premiums are going to be rushed for release. Again.

The only thing I'll be interested about is how expensive these t8 premiums will be. Gold doesn't come cheap. And WG still expects customers to pay $50 and up for an unpolished game.

Unfortunately, it is still unpolished......you should see the new game mode that Tanks is testing right now..........

Me.

ArrowZ_ #17 Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
Tanks is not my style. Although I have tried to like it.

HEAVEYGEAR #18 Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 08 May 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Tanks is not my style. Although I have tried to like it.

Oh, I hear you. Tanks is not for everyone. But that game is much more professional than this one is......development wise.

I still love this game, even with it's short comings.....

It can be so much better in the right hands.........

Me.

hwang_fighter #19 Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [WORD] WORD
Isn't there more planes than just those coming out?

ArrowZ_ #20 Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
Nope. Persha is slow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users