• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

veganzombiez #1 Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

Clan Guy

• Administrator
  • 90 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Custom Clan Camouflage/Skin

What comes to mind when you think about your Clan?  Whether it's lollipops, conquest, or honor, use your plane as your canvas and create a custom camouflage paint (or skin) that shows off what your Clan's truly about.

Earn some gold by creating the best custom Clan camouflage in the world!

Everyone in WGA-A is sweet, which reminds me of candy and lollipops.  Since World of Warplanes has an (XF5U) Pancake, I decided to make it into a breakfast pancake by placing candy emblems on it.

How to enter

In this topic:

-Design a camouflage/skin based on your clan (can be hand-drawn or digitally created. Can be any plane.)

-Include a short description about how your Clan inspired your camouflage/skin. (Added update)

-Post your Clan tag/name.

-Post which player in your clan did the artwork.

Contest Rules

-Contest closes at 1200 PT on May 27, 2015.

-Clans may submit multiple entries, but only one entry per Clan will be eligible for prizes.

-The image requirements are as follows: format —JPEG, PNG, or GIF; size — up to 700 KB.

-The image must comply with the Game Rules and Forum Rules.

-Entries will be judged on creativity, quality, and adherence to the contest's theme.  This will be determined by WGA staff.

-Entries for this contest can be placed in either this contest thread or the corresponding one in the other supported languages or for World of Tanks. They are all part of the same contest.

Prizes (to Clan Treasury)

-1st Place: 10,000 Gold

-2nd Place: 8,000 Gold

-3rd/4th Place: 6,000 Gold

-5th-8th Place: 4,000 Gold

Tank/Plane Reward:

As an additional bonus, whichever artist created the camouflage for the 1st place entry will receive your choice of a World of Tanks Tier 8 Non-Rare Premium Tank (with a garage slot) OR a World of Warplanes Tier 7 Premium Plane (with a hangar slot).

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

Major

• 31893 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Nice

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GeorgePatton #3 Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7031 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Edit: I'm sorry for the way this post was previously worded - I'm having some major issues getting over the Warplanes stream from the RU region and carried some of the bad feelings from that into this post.

I realize that clans are cross-game. Events like this are generally run cross-game as a result, but when you do run these events like this, I feel it is important to carefully word the contest announcement to show that you actually care about the Warplanes community.

Simply changing a picture from a tank to a plane and leaving the text as if you're posting on the Tanks forum can really feel like the community team doesn't actually care about the Warplanes community. You left words like 'tank' and 'this contest thread or the corresponding one in the other supported languages or for World of Warplanes.' This shows that the team members responsible for the contest did not give our (warplanes) community the same level of consideration that they gave the Tanks community - this obviously is going to contribute to the feeling of Warplanes being second class. I sincerely hope that is not how things are actually going on this end. I know it is on the RU end.

Perhaps to more clearly show Wargaming's appreciation for the Warplanes community these events could be run in tandem, rather than cross-game. Basically, make a contest for tanks, and another one for warplanes. Clans could win twice, yes - but that would probably not happen. Either way, it's all about the art, right? Good art should win the contest, and how can you compare tank art to plane art? They're both so different. :)

Cheers!
Glenn

Edited by GeorgePatton, 27 April 2015 - 07:12 PM.

pappabear #4 Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 4937 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS
:facepalm:

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

_Warchylde_ #5 Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• 9688 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Wait....since we don't yet have Clan Wars enabled in WoWP....exactly WHERE does this prize gold go???  We don't HAVE Clan Treasuries......I know...."soon", right??  Piss off.

Not only is this a joke, but it is a joke in poor taste that basically kicks the entire WoWP community right square in the nads....

Edited by _Warchylde_, 27 April 2015 - 07:42 PM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

Major

• 31893 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 27 April 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

Edit: I'm sorry for the way this post was previously worded - I'm having some major issues getting over the Warplanes stream from the RU region and carried some of the bad feelings from that into this post.

I realize that clans are cross-game. Events like this are generally run cross-game as a result, but when you do run these events like this, I feel it is important to carefully word the contest announcement to show that you actually care about the Warplanes community.

Simply changing a picture from a tank to a plane and leaving the text as if you're posting on the Tanks forum can really feel like the community team doesn't actually care about the Warplanes community. You left words like 'tank' and 'this contest thread or the corresponding one in the other supported languages or for World of Warplanes.' This shows that the team members responsible for the contest did not give our (warplanes) community the same level of consideration that they gave the Tanks community - this obviously is going to contribute to the feeling of Warplanes being second class. I sincerely hope that is not how things are actually going on this end. I know it is on the RU end.

Perhaps to more clearly show Wargaming's appreciation for the Warplanes community these events could be run in tandem, rather than cross-game. Basically, make a contest for tanks, and another one for warplanes. Clans could win twice, yes - but that would probably not happen. Either way, it's all about the art, right? Good art should win the contest, and how can you compare tank art to plane art? They're both so different. :)

Cheers!
Glenn

Come on Glenn, we have all done this, I don't think a rushed copy-paste equates to not being cared about.  There is a LOT of assumptions being made there.  Think about it this way though, maybe they are rushed because they are scrambling to implement Clan Wars in 1.8 on first of May.  I'd rather assume the best, not the worst.

Lets make this a Happy Monday.

View Post_Warchylde_, on 27 April 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Wait....since we don't yet have Clan Wars enabled in WoWP....exactly WHERE does this prize gold go???  We don't HAVE Clan Treasuries......I know...."soon", right??  Piss off.

Not only is this a joke, but it is a joke in poor taste that basically kicks the entire WoWP community right square in the nads....

There is a clan treasury, never tried to use it though.  Keep in mind that since we have common clans and the treasury works in tanks it should work for us as well.

edit: LOL I had to come back and edit spelling on my rushed post

Edited by THEMARCO1979, 27 April 2015 - 08:02 PM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

oldiowaguy #7 Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15554 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

War, we do have clan treasuries already. As an officer in TFE it shows me the clan treasury and how to allocate gold to our members. I think it may only be viewable by COs and XOs, but not sure.

GeorgePatton #8 Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7031 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 27 April 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Come on Glenn, we have all done this, I don't think a rushed copy-paste equates to not being cared about.  There is a LOT of assumptions being made there.  Think about it this way though, maybe they are rushed because they are scrambling to implement Clan Wars in 1.8 on first of May.  I'd rather assume the best, not the worst.

Lets make this a Happy Monday.

We don't happen to be a multi-million dollar company with a bad reputation for customer service either. They should be taking extra care to ensure that we know they care about our community if they actually do.

Cheers!
Glenn

tahee59 #9 Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8032 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I thought I was in planes why would I want to use my tank?

you should of said use your tank or plane not just copy paste from tanks .

LOL ....4/1 is over move on

Edited by tahee59, 27 April 2015 - 08:30 PM.

Carronade32 #10 Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4102 battles
I don't think what will help the community at this moment is another art and crafts project.  :sceptic:   At least give us something like weekly team scrimmages with some gold prizes for winners.  That would be a step in the right direction.  :medal:

"I'm a rootin' tootin' lasso loopin' popgun shootin' chickenhawk!"

-Henery Hawk

veganzombiez #11 Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

Clan Guy

• Administrator
  • 90 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostGeorgePatton, on 27 April 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

View Posttahee59, on 27 April 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

I thought I was in planes why would I want to use my tank?

you should of said use your tank or plane not just copy paste from tanks .

LOL ....4/1 is over move on

I apologize for having the wrong vehicles for their respective forums.  I was coordinating the translation of one post into 3 languages and 2 products, and missed the important details for the overall status.  This is something that cannot happen again, and will not.

Having separate contests for World of Tanks and World of Warplanes is a good idea, and is what I originally planned.  Unfortunately, some of the logistics for the Warplanes contest (judging and entry requirements, time required) was a bit more complex than I expected because it involves video/replays, and it wasn't just an art contest.  Clans would be eligible to win both contests if there are concurrent and different ones for World of Tanks and World of Warplanes.

View Post_Warchylde_, on 27 April 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

Clans are unified between World of Tanks and World of Warplanes. The Clan Commander, Executive Officer, and Quartermaster can allocate gold from the Clan Treasury.

GeorgePatton #12 Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:59 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7031 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Thanks for the clarification and apology vegan, it really goes a long way in showing us that the NA office still cares about us!

Cheers!
Glenn

FreeFOXMIKE #13 Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:33 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 18029 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

sshot_210.png

sshot_253.png

332 the skin and name say it all "The Red Tail's"

two fictional skins flaunting the famed  red tail

sshot_317.png

sshot_318.png

a configuration they may have used had they entered theater on or about D day 

p-40 and P-51 C and D 

not too mention it looks good on just about anything ------ even a whale 

sshot_367.png

and had the Navy extended a squadron

Squadron name

332-VFG    , but linked  to the 23RDB

all skins were by me FreeFox

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 08 May 2015 - 08:23 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

veganzombiez #14 Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

Clan Guy

• Administrator
  • 90 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 28 April 2015 - 01:33 AM, said:

sshot_210.png

sshot_253.png

p-40 and P-51

Looks good!

I also updated the post with the following since there's been some confusion about the criteria:

View Postveganzombiez, on 27 April 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

. Can be any plane.

-Include a short description about how your Clan inspired your camouflage/skin. (Added update)

SkywhaleExpress #15 Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17397 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Oh yay.. a clan war.... er- wait.. more artsy fartsy stuff

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

FreeFOXMIKE #16 Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 18029 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostSkywhaleExpress, on 28 April 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

Oh yay.. a clan war.... er- wait.. more artsy fartsy stuff

correction its artsy fartsy clan war stuff  lol :trollface:

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

macfloam #17 Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7314 battles
  • [TOP-D] TOP-D

I recently joined TFE (The Fighting Eagles), which takes its name from the The 334th Fighter Squadron, which was comprised of American volunteers who served in Great Britain's Royal Air Force, protecting Britain from attack while Britain's own pilots engaged the enemy. They originally flew the British Supermarine Spitfire, but later flew the P-51, which is the aircraft I have chosen to modify.

To best represent the Fighting Eagles, I have skinned a P-51D with:

• flat grey paint scheme to better contrast the other additions
  • eagle wings (wing tops)
  • eagle head on the fuselage (both sides)
  • eagle tail feathers (top & bottom)
  • out-stretched eagle talons on under-body (to strike fear into our enemies below)
  • 2 eagles fighting on the tail

I have also chosen to honour Desert_Vixen, our Commander who has taken a leave of absence for medical reasons, and who we all wish a speedy recovery. I have selected the motto, "Soar above the storms" based on the factoid that while other birds hide during a storm, the eagle supposedly uses the updraft to soar above it.

I hope you enjoy!

Clan: TFE (The Fighting Eagles)

Design by: macfloam

Edited by macfloam, 21 May 2015 - 03:51 AM.

PhoinexFire #18 Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8573 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Disregarded

Artwork by: PhoinexFire 

Clan: The Fighting Eagles

Edited by PhoinexFire, 02 September 2016 - 07:42 PM.

veganzombiez #19 Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:25 PM

Clan Guy

• Administrator
  • 90 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
This thread has been locked so we can choose our winners!

veganzombiez #20 Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Clan Guy

• Administrator
  • 90 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Thank you to everyone who participated!  We had a blast reviewing all the sweet camo/skins and reading about your Clans!

Click on the links in the spoiler to see more pictures and the author's blurb.

Winners (Paid to their Clan Treasury):

1st Place: 10,000 Gold [TFE]

2nd Place: 8,000 Gold [GNET]

3rd/4th Place: 6,000 Gold [SG] [SIX]

5th-8th Place: 4,000 Gold [HUMO] [Y0L0] [DHO4] [QSR]

Winner of their choice of a WoT Tier 8 Non-Rare Premium Tank (with a garage slot) OR a WoWP Tier 7 Premium Plane (with a hangar slot) is... macfloam (Please check your forum PMs for a message from veganzombiez)

Congratulations to all the winners!

Also tagged with clan, contest, camouflage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users