• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Zapperguy #21 Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostDrSinister, on 26 April 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

Yes, Magus, a very well done video.  You can tell you put a lot of heart into that video.

A lot of names I see on that list that have not seen and miss playing with or against back in the day.

^THIS^

Thank you for putting this together. Awesome video and sentiments.

The honor is ours, Magus.

:honoring:

Heh #22 Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Ah, the days where Colin, Jinxed and AzraeI (not a CA, but still a damn good pilot from the old days) smacked me in the face as a newbie and the days where I slowly saw dj turning into a dedicated schnellbomber. Also the days where Zeke and I talked about naming aircraft, to the point of him naming his 209. And that quote in my signature. Such a nice journey. Reuniting everyone is unlikely though.

And now I wish the NDA on my screenies gets dropped already. But nope, won't happen just like trying to find my old Silbervogel article.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

BrushWolf #23 Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostHeh, on 26 April 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Ah, the days where Colin, Jinxed and AzraeI (not a CA, but still a damn good pilot from the old days) smacked me in the face as a newbie and the days where I slowly saw dj turning into a dedicated schnellbomber. Also the days where Zeke and I talked about naming aircraft, to the point of him naming his 209. And that quote in my signature. Such a nice journey. Reuniting everyone is unlikely though.

And now I wish the NDA on my screenies gets dropped already. But nope, won't happen just like trying to find my old Silbervogel article.

No NDA drop here but the NDA is already dropped on WoWS. :amazed:

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Heh #24 Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBrushWolf, on 26 April 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

No NDA drop here but the NDA is already dropped on WoWS. :amazed:

You gave me a case of the sads. :c

MagusGerhardt #25 Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:53 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHeh, on 26 April 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

You gave me a case of the sads. :c

Magus gets a case of the sads @ 5:55.  It's a combination of that movement in the overture and the memory of saving my rookie buddy Reckless85 who was in a training flight with Wesrin and I for that match.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Autolycus7 #26 Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 25 April 2015 - 08:55 PM, said:

What I would like to do is get as much of the old CA crew back together.  Our numbers were whittled down by attrition, time, the game, politics...you name it there was probably one of us affected by it.  We used to number so many and now we are quite few.  Failing the Re-assembly of this group or a program like it, the game and community needs what we were early on.  I'm not exactly sure how to recapture that.  It may have been lightning in a bottle.

I was dropped in the silliest of ways. For months are was harping on us to do more stuff and have some accountability. Then I take a break for a week to find that a certain lady no longer employed by WG had booted me for inactivity, because I didn't post in some thread. I let it go and never bothered to put up a fight trying to get back in because, well, that lady was horrible. I'm plenty willing now that she's long gone, though.

Haswell #27 Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/23567-

I can't get any more obvious than this.

*yawn*

WoWP Supertest Coordinator (NA Region) - Volunteer

F50ACE #28 Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:25 PM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 8 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

View PostAutolycus7, on 27 April 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

I was dropped in the silliest of ways. For months are was harping on us to do more stuff and have some accountability. Then I take a break for a week to find that a certain lady no longer employed by WG had booted me for inactivity, because I didn't post in some thread. I let it go and never bothered to put up a fight trying to get back in because, well, that lady was horrible. I'm plenty willing now that she's long gone, though.

There's a long story behind that, but most of those names were purged from the CA's cause not everyone was able to post in her sign up thread in order to maintain status, Which was only open for 2 days.

Heh #29 Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCaptain_F22ACE, on 27 April 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

There's a long story behind that, but most of those names were purged from the CA's cause not everyone was able to post in her sign up thread in order to maintain status, Which was only open for 2 days.

Ah, that explains a few things. Still, I have the title as a trophy at least. I wonder how the rest of the CAs are doing though during those times.

Autolycus7 #30 Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:22 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles

View PostHeh, on 27 April 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

Still, I have the title as a trophy at least.

That's another thing that annoyed me. I made my title request (The Gadfly) before I was dropped, but never got it. Ah well. Feedback Airedale is good enough I guess.
Mountains are OP. Nerf plz.
Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
Dignum laude virum Musa vetat mori, cœlo Musa beat.

_Laserguided_ #31 Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAutolycus7, on 26 April 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

The mug shot was quite interesting... :B

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Heh #32 Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAutolycus7, on 28 April 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

That's another thing that annoyed me. I made my title request (The Gadfly) before I was dropped, but never got it. Ah well. Feedback Airedale is good enough I guess.

Ouch, good thing mine was given instantaneously.

Haswell #33 Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Best title NA.

Autolycus7 #34 Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:13 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
I remember thinking about asking for ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) but The Gadfly seemed more fitting.
Mountains are OP. Nerf plz.
Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
Dignum laude virum Musa vetat mori, cœlo Musa beat.

MagusGerhardt #35 Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHaswell, on 28 April 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Best title NA.

It is.

View PostAutolycus7, on 28 April 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

I remember thinking about asking for ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) but The Gadfly seemed more fitting.

It is/would have been.  On the upside, Auto, I think you're the *only* Feedback Airedale who is still active.  Well, active and still has the F.A. title.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Tophatfire #36 Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 25 April 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

If the video seems like a farewell, you are partially correct.  I will no longer be producing Warplanes videos as the focus of my channel; the condition of the game on my main server has been preventing me from obtaining material that I feel is suitable for publishing. 

I can certainly empathize with this.  :(

MagusGerhardt #37 Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRock18, on 01 May 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

I can certainly empathize with this.  :(

On the upside, watching this video and remembering the good times gave me a very strong inspiration/compulsion to try something.

I've spoken with the other CAs who have remained active in our old official channels and we are going to attempt to reassemble/reimagine/reinvent.

What this means is we're going to be approaching members of the community who stand out for suppporting/promoting the game and providing service to the community.  Our first round draft picks were Gang_Starr and An_Average_Jho due to their language and translation skills, something that is sorely needed at this time.  I'm glad to say that both have accepted our offer.  Time will tell if our newfound purpose and the vision I shared with the others will come to fruition or not.

Zapperguy #38 Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 01 May 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

On the upside, watching this video and remembering the good times gave me a very strong inspiration/compulsion to try something.

I've spoken with the other CAs who have remained active in our old official channels and we are going to attempt to reassemble/reimagine/reinvent.

What this means is we're going to be approaching members of the community who stand out for suppporting/promoting the game and providing service to the community.  Our first round draft picks were Gang_Starr and An_Average_Jho due to their language and translation skills, something that is sorely needed at this time.  I'm glad to say that both have accepted our offer.  Time will tell if our newfound purpose and the vision I shared with the others will come to fruition or not.

Sounds good Magus. Thanks for taking an active role in trying to better the community when so much negativity on the public forums seems to be dragging it down. :honoring:

Jinxed_Katajainen #39 Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Alpha tester
  • 47 battles

Didn't think I'd be posting here again after so long.

That music just sets the right mood seeing all those names I tested, played, and discussed on the forums with many times.

It's true a lot of us are in WoWS, including myself.  Unfortunately, I probably won't be coming back to Planes or even Tanks if Ships does well... we'll see though.

Edit: lol.. looks like I still have my CA sig set.

Edited by Jinxed_Katajainen, 05 May 2015 - 04:06 PM.

Haswell #40 Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

Eh?

Lemme see... I went from this:

To this:

Oh well...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users