TbM Trial by Magus Community Aces

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:41 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Well, it's been about a year since I began making videos of gameplay footage, so I thought it appropo to put together a one-year compilation of what I have made.

I chose to dedicate this video to the NA server Community Aces, a large group of the earliest prime contributors to Warplanes on the NA server.  Sadly due to a new direction taken with a replacement Community Manager just prior to the release of the game most of the original CA team are no longer with us and many no longer play the game or frequent the forums.  The program officially ended in early 2015, though all apparatus were left in place.

It is a sad development in parallel with the fortunes of World of Warplanes, but I wanted to do something to recognize my past comrades as nothing was ever done to accomplish this in the past by myself or an official party.

So, here is my one year of highlights reel, a soundtrack I have chosen taken from "The Land Before Time" composed by James Horner and a song performed by Diana Ross.  Both of these pieces I shared with another CA, Vyacheslav, and it was agreed that both would be very fitting for a project like this.

If the video seems like a farewell, you are partially correct.  I will no longer be producing Warplanes videos as the focus of my channel; the condition of the game on my main server has been preventing me from obtaining material that I feel is suitable for publishing.  I am not leaving the game or ceasing all promotional video production for it; it has just become impossible for me to produce 2+ videos weekly for the game.

Production of guides, goof, and action videos will continue as I am able, but there will be more game variety on my channel.  I have enabled replays in Warships, so my viewers can look forward to future publications under that title as well as Warplanes and Tanks in the WG universe of games.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

Complete Roster of World of Warplanes North America Community Aces

AdmiralKird

Crashtailspin

Haswell

DeltaEon

Mercsn

Elkay

Jinxed_Katajainen

Lindy

Colin_S

Autolycus7

AlexVandross

8rad

ZeketheKamikaze

NathanFlightLeader

Heh

Lunamaria

LordAlexander

Venser

Jefferyac

An_Average_Jho

Crackedcanadian

LightningStriker911

Bearrick

JarethG

Vac_mo

Madiba127

Alpha_Mike_Foxtrot

Gaidalcain85

_Laserguided_

Petersleepy

Drsinister

pappabear

Quesnel

MagusGerhardt

Schultz

Zen35

Triptyx

Wreckerpro

Captain_F22ACE

Vyacheslav

GeorgePatton

Hawkeyededic

Wulfnose

Losttwo

FreeFoxMike 

Zapperguy

Djwhodat

von_Krimm

Edited by MagusGerhardt, 25 April 2015 - 11:48 PM.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

_Laserguided_ #2 Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Nice... Some great names there :)   I was a CA for a few days :P

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

MagusGerhardt #3 Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post_Laserguided_, on 25 April 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Nice... Some great names there :)   I was a CA for a few days :P

In all seriousness?  I'll add you to the roster, then.  For posterity.  Thanks in advance for understanding it's too late to put you in the video as well.  Sorry I did not remember you.  I blame Captain_F22ACE.  :trollface:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

F50ACE #4 Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:51 PM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 8 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 25 April 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

In all seriousness?  I'll add you to the roster, then.  For posterity.  Thanks in advance for understanding it's too late to put you in the video as well.  Sorry I did not remember you.  I blame Captain_F22ACE.  :trollface:

Hmm.....I do vaguely remember something about him being in the CA channel briefly now that he mentions it, but I expected to have forgotten some.

woofman34 #5 Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
  • [SG] SG
Great job as always ! :)

losttwo #6 Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8986 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
:honoring:

Quesnel #7 Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:58 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
To those who came before me and for those who remain still....:honoring:

Edited by Quesnel, 26 April 2015 - 12:59 AM.

FreeFOXMIKE #8 Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5270 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
:honoring: Great times

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

_Laserguided_ #9 Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:15 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 25 April 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

No problem... Miss flying with Zeke and Djwhodat....I wonder what Luna is doing these days.

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

F50ACE #10 Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:24 AM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 8 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

View Post_Laserguided_, on 25 April 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

No problem... Miss flying with Zeke and Djwhodat....I wonder what Luna is doing these days.

Luna's in WoWS now as are some others.

ViolentAngel #11 Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

Fantastic video, MG - thank you for sharing this with all of us.

I hope that - in some way, shape, or form - the CA program will provide a positive foundation for WoWP and our community here in the NA.

See you in the skies  :honoring:

-Jek

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

MagusGerhardt #12 Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:55 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJekyll_n_Hyde, on 25 April 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Fantastic video, MG - thank you for sharing this with all of us.

I hope that - in some way, shape, or form - the CA program will provide a positive foundation for WoWP and our community here in the NA.

See you in the skies  :honoring:

-Jek

Thank you.  It's good to see some of us come together even when we heatedly disagree on certain issues.  It's something that I rather miss seeing more of in the forums.  We're all so divided these days, and oftentimes seem to be in a real hurry to lay out the lines and get the separation going.  I poured a lot of good memories and emotion into this production.  I'm glad that came through.

What I would like to do is get as much of the old CA crew back together.  Our numbers were whittled down by attrition, time, the game, politics...you name it there was probably one of us affected by it.  We used to number so many and now we are quite few.  Failing the Re-assembly of this group or a program like it, the game and community needs what we were early on.  I'm not exactly sure how to recapture that.  It may have been lightning in a bottle.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

_Laserguided_ #13 Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCaptain_F22ACE, on 25 April 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

Luna's in WoWS now as are some others.

Neat... I actually ran into Zeke in a Tank match much to my surprise.  While in the CA camp for a few days I felt like Doc Holiday wearing a badge in Tombstone :P.  You know I met with OnBoardG1 in Edinburgh, Scotland last fall? Had some Scotch and passed on some Wargaming swag to him at the Land End's pub.  Miss flying with Haswell... If you didn't follow his orders he got mad :P Good times...

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Haswell #14 Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:37 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
I am alive.

WoWP Supertest Coordinator (NA Region) - Volunteer

MagusGerhardt #15 Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:40 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHaswell, on 25 April 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

I am alive.

That's good to hear!  The last time I saw you, your DD was wildly dodging my Kongo's plunging long range fire.  Can I ask how my little dedication found its way to you? :)

Haswell #16 Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:16 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

A combination of friends and my daily forum browsing.

I don't post much now, but it doesn't mean I don't read threads (my poor, poor sanity).

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 25 April 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

The last time I saw you, your DD was wildly dodging my Kongo's plunging long range fire.

That was a good match, too bad I was the only one on my team who did anything remotely useful.

WoWP Supertest Coordinator (NA Region) - Volunteer

BrushWolf #17 Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
I am a mere closed beta tester but this is an an excellent salute to all the Community Aces we have and have had. Sadly so many are MIA now.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

MagusGerhardt #18 Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:07 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHaswell, on 25 April 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

That was a good match, too bad I was the only one on my team who did anything remotely useful.

Indeed.  It was a scary thing to watch you skip that tin can off the tops of waves.  That's why I was firing on you, if you were 12km away from me and dodging fire, you weren't closing to torpedo range, where my guns definitely couldn't track you.

Destroyers are wicked scary in the right hands.  Been loving my Grem and Sims.  Yubari, not so much.  As Chase said, "YUBARRY, Y U NO ARMOR?"

DrSinister #19 Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Yes, Magus, a very well done video.  You can tell you put a lot of heart into that video.

A lot of names I see on that list that have not seen and miss playing with or against back in the day.

Wesrin #20 Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 304 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Depressing, I remember a few of those matches in that video, back before 1.5 put this troubled bird into a death spiral.

Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users