Loss of control at the beginning of the match.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Kailen4 #1 Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

Airman Basic

• 4 battles
  • [VPH] VPH

This is something I experienced several times tonight, and saw many other players just flying straight ahead and wonder if it happened to them too.  Sometimes, at the beginning of the match, when the game starts, the mouse acts like it's in free camera mode.  I can't use it to turn, if I move it up or down, side to side, it just looks around instead of controlling my aircraft.  I tried hitting keys on my keyboard thinking something may be stuck, but that doesn't always work.

This is very frustrating when trying to get the wins for the current mission when I can't even fly!

Wesrin #2 Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Does the issue persist after the pre-match countdown timer has expired? As in, do you regain control of your aircraft at all, or are you permanently stuck in free look mode?

Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

Kailen4 #3 Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 4 battles
  • [VPH] VPH
Of course it happens during the actual match and not the countdown.  I wouldn't be complaining about it if it wasn't during the actual game.

Edited by Kailen4, 07 March 2015 - 09:14 AM.

GeisterKatze #4 Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 39 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR

I see the same thing quite often, with a 100% packet loss displayed.  I'll sometimes see this 3 or 4 times in a match, persisting for up to 3-5 seconds.  I don't know how many times yesterday it occured and when I regained connection I'd either hit the ground or been shot down.

I also had 11 computer freezes yesterday ingame, 8 were in the 'team selection' window and 3 were in the 'battle countdown' window.  The computer became completely unresponsive.  I had to shut my computer off, and restart.  Out of game I've had no issues whatsoever.    

My Dad

he flew J-3 Cubs, AT-6 Texans, T-33 Shooting Stars, B-47 StratoJets, and B-52 StratoFortresses.

ViolentAngel #5 Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

Delete the contents of this folder: AppData\Local\Temp\wargaming.net

Make sure your system drivers are up to date (graphics and audio)

Edited by Jekyll_n_Hyde, 07 March 2015 - 06:34 PM.

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

CatmanBatman #6 Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3956 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

I've found that if you are experiencing a glitch like that,..hit the esc button and then click back to game ,seems to fix it.

cheers !!

Psicko23 #7 Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

Last night I had an issue where the countdown finished, and the game started, but I was stuck in premade battle for a bit. It finally stopped doing it after I cleaned the temp cache.

Kailen4 #8 Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

Airman Basic

• 4 battles
  • [VPH] VPH

It seems restarting during the match can clear it up, but that's very annoying and time consuming to do.

The mouse is locked in free-camera, won't control the plane.

Pressing LMB (fire) will lock "fire" on, and it will just KEEP firing.

Same with pressing up (boost).  (Yes, I have custom controls, I can't use default WASD)

Even if I get my controls back, boost may be locked "on".

This isn't a lag issue, latency is normal.  It's a problem with the controls not responding.  And it makes this game unplayable.  Literally, you can't play if you have no control.

Mackunaima #9 Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

Probably your keyboard is configured to another region or culture.

In my case, my keyboard is set to ABNT2 (Brazil). If your keyboard is not set to "US-En" then you will go through it several times.

My keyboard has more keys then US-En keyboard has. Every time I click on the keys that is not mapped, then the game crashes, as this should make a exception in the software and it can't handle it.

You must identify which key are locking. This usually happens when you type a non-mapped key within the text chat field during the countdown.

The only way I can regain control, is quitting the game and going again.

Regards,

Mack

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Kailen4 #10 Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:32 AM

Airman Basic

• 4 battles
  • [VPH] VPH

Nope, standard US/QWERTY keyboard.

Though the non-mapped key idea is a possibility, I guess.  There ARE those damn windows keys...

Fokker_Father #11 Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 1449 battles
  • [THE-U] THE-U

Joystick loss of control has happened to me several times lately, latest being now.  I am looking for help.

I have the Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO.   I lose all controls on the JS and have to switch to mouse during battle in order to try and survive.  Each time, I check the JS, external to the game, and it is operating properly.  Then I reenter the game and test it with bot battle.

At least one of the control losses was accompanied by a loss of the meni-map.   

I will try the deletion of the contents of   AppData\Local\Temp\wargaming.net, as suggested above.  I fly with Windows key disabled.

It is happening entirely too frequently.  Anymore suggestions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users