Arado Ar.65 Red Baron Battle Replay

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 924 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Well, it's Wednesday, so time for another video!  Today I'm going to showcase a little research/diversion that I came up with for myself.  Earlier this week I found I had a case of insomnia.  I couldn't sleep, and I wanted to fly my planes.  I logged on, and as I had expected the online population here was low as usual for such late night hours, with few in the queue for the tiers I wanted to play.  At that moment I remembered a link reposted by Dity that provided a script that would allow a single installation of the Warplanes client to access the EU and RU servers as well through a drop-down selection.  I figured "what the heck, I'll give it a shot", installed the custom script in my game folder and quickly made an RU account attached to an email different from the one I use on my main, just in case my NA account is ever fixed for future CT patch tests.

One and a half hours later I was ready to go back to bed, but I had faced many wild pitched battles in that 90 minutes.  It's interesting that the RU server has collected a lot of pilots who do not know how to use aerial combat manuevers, even the most basic ones that can be performed easily in a biplane.  It seems that the only things most low tier RU pilots will engage are ground targets and aircraft that get right in front of them.  Now, that being said, not all the pilots I ran into over there were operating on a Bot level of expertise; there were a handful of Russki Sealclubbers I ran into and aerial duels with them were a real treat.  While reviewing the battle replays the next day I got a song stuck in my head that used to play on the radio quite often, then the idea came to me for a second video featuring the tier I Arado Ar.65.

You see, the little Arado was the subject of the first TbM video I ever made.  I was not fully satisfied with it when I first made it, but I was just starting on the process of self-teaching the art of video and sound editing, so a lot of what I wanted to do with that video I had no idea how to accomplish.  I felt the little biplane was worthy of a second video, and so this is the result.

"But Magus, are you going to play on RU instead of NA now?"  That's an easy question to answer: Hell no.  This is a diversion and purely for funsies.  It does provide me with a vessel to produce guide-reviews on each nation's low tier aircraft, though, in an environment that is not purely 3v3 or 6v6 teams.  You all can expect both to see me regularly during the usual times here on NA, but also many future videos like this featuring low tier aircraft that are difficult to fly productively here at this time.

The "Red Baron" skin for the Arado Ar.65 was produced by CyberShaman420.

"Snoopy vs The Red Baron" performed by The Royal Guardsmen.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

GeorgePatton #2 Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2068 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Nice! Love the music!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

_Warchylde_ #3 Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

+10!! 

Awesome video, brother!!  " The Bloody Red Baron was rollin' up the score..."

Glad you got your hands on CyberShaman's skin.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 04 March 2015 - 04:49 PM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

DavidBowie4Ever #4 Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Traurig_Yoda #5 Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Awesome video! I can't wait to hit the skies and kill Untermenschen Russen with you later!

BrushWolf #6 Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:55 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Excellent! How was your ping on the RU server? I get 150 on the EU and have been afraid of what it would be on the RU server.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

MagusGerhardt #7 Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 924 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBrushWolf, on 04 March 2015 - 09:55 PM, said:

Excellent! How was your ping on the RU server? I get 150 on the EU and have been afraid of what it would be on the RU server.

Seems to depend on the amount of traffic between here and there or other vagaries of the internet.  The first night I tried it, it was 85-90ms.  Tonight I took a look to compare and it was 350-500ms.  Unplayable for the fighters I have available to mess around with in my F2P as-issued hangar.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users