WoWP won't start

black screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

raulv04 #1 Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

Block Quote

Since yesterday, WoWP won't start. Out of the blue, the game stopped working. I launch the game from the launcher, then the load page is displayed. When the load bar is at 100%, the splash screen should appear and afterwards, the login screen should appear. My WoWP doesn't go beyond the load screen. My screen is black with the proprietary cursor moving, as if waiting to load the game. I cleared my cache the first time this problem appeared. In further attempts to load the game, the cache folder is not created. I tried bypassing the launcher and starting the game directly from the executable with similar results. Right now, I don't have a cache folder after several attempts to load the game, which indicates me that WoWP is not loading at all. I haven't made any changes to my system, I have the latest drivers from Nvidia and my computer is strong enough to support WoWP at the maximum resolution. My resolution is not the problem, as the native resolution of my monitor is 1600 x 900. Another thing that struck me as odd is that just before this problem, I wanted to watch a replay created on the 25th of this month. I couldn't see it because WoWP detected the replay as being an "incorrect version of the game". After that, the problems described came up. I can't produce screenshots either.

This is almost the exact text I sent to support along with my dxdiag file. Has anybody had this problem? WoWP doesn't load after the initial load screen, and that thing about "incorrect version of the game" is very, very weird. Please let me know if somebody else has had this problem and if there's a solution for it.

My specs:

Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz

Monitor with 1600 x 900 native resolution.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

1 Tb in disk housing the game (about 20% used).

Latest Nvidia drivers (version 347.52)

Any ideas? :(

FlakValleyExpress #2 Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

Captain

• 64 battles

WoWP cache deletion? You also may want to flush the DNS cache

type in the command window:

ipconfig /flushdns

Both of these would not hurt to try

Edit: missed the cache deletion was tried. Is there a dump file? For example:

C:/Users/<user system name>/AppData/Roaming/wargaming.net/World of Warplanes/logs/150227_092417.dmp

update: try uninstall. Then run a program call CCleaner. Run the registry fix out of CCleaner to clear out the registry clutter. Install WoWP and try to login again. A suggestion.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 28 February 2015 - 01:50 AM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

raulv04 #3 Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

A friend of mine helped me solved the problem. Follow this route:

c:\windows\users\(your user)\AppData\Roaming\   and locate the folder called "wargaming.net". Delete this folder and the game should reload.

The only disadvantage is that you'll have to reconfigure all your settings to approximately the ones you had before. But at least the game is running now.

Thanks, FlakValleyExpress for your help. :great:

FlakValleyExpress #4 Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

View Postraulv04, on 27 February 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

A friend of mine helped me solved the problem. Follow this route:

c:\windows\users\(your user)\AppData\Roaming\   and locate the folder called "wargaming.net". Delete this folder and the game should reload.

I should have thought of that . :facepalm: Well you learn something now.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users