Since beta introduction flights

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

Arthur_Dayne #1 Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:39 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 96 battles

In the beta there was 3000-6000 on then flights came...then release. Imagine if you will player skill sets ranked from A-Z with A players being the best and Z the worst

All players could win near 50% when they were Z or A under random matchmaking....but when say three A get together Z would HAVE to get on that team or he would lose...Z never won on his own so he QUIT...this left Y with no one he could beat so he quit leaving X with no one to beat so X he quit....n the erosion of players was immediate...and worked its way continualy up with a slight new player churn

unlike in tanks...players could use the cheats (mods that WG allow players to use to gain advantage over non modded players) they used the cheats to identify the best players target them ..and unlike in tanks were u cant go from one end of map to the other the sky is freeway an expressway to kill the best against you...no mountains or streams to block u no houses.....

the bottom line is NO new patch will allow the game to gain population...matchmaking has to have ZERO flights and 100% random placement of players....with skill being of no concern to that random placement...if u use skill as a team definer...then players will get screwed having to face the same players over and over..u can get the pop to 2000-4000 IF you get rid of flights BUT never if u keep them....after all when we had the 15 on 15 matches u will see 12 of the 15 were unflighted...when that 3 man flight came is destroyed the game and continues to destroy it....most of the player base left because of flights. get rid of them and in a year or so u will have 2000-4000 players or keep them and u will have 400-1000 this is not fiction its fact

Edited by Arthur_Dayne, 25 February 2015 - 05:42 AM.

Rosebud #2 Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 18 battles

So many of the problem facing this game stem from its connection to WoT. Three plane flights and 15 player teams are prime examples. WoWP wanted to attract WoT players and created its game to mimic WoT. The 15 man teams became un-fillable and increased the wait times to ridiculous proportions. Flights were taken directly out of the WoT playbook because that is what they thought would attract players away from WoT. Currently with five or fewer planes on any given side, flights are very difficult for the MM to balance. Though some imbalance is important to keeping the game fresh, many times flights are abused, leading to complete mismatches.

This game needs to take a step back and reassess what it is and not how it can be more like WoT. When this is done then meaningful changes can be implemented. If it doesn't it will forever be the ugly stepchild.

MO_E #3 Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5697 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
:popcorn:

Rosebud #4 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 18 battles

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 25 February 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Both of you could not be more WRONG. Your obsession with flights has become laughable in this game and you have been disproved time and time again. You think in your minds "Flights are evil" and close your minds off to anything else, therefore that is all you are able to see. Your single mindedness blinds you, and makes your mono focused arguments for your silly points explain everything, therefore explaining nothing.

Moderators, please stop  this illogical, attention seeking, troll posting mantra now and lock this continuously irritating, unnecessarily inflammatory,  and waste of time and bandwidth, thread.

So its inconceivable to you that your position could be wrong? I find your argument for the latter non excitant in your reply. What I do find is exaggerated inferences. No one said they were evil, no one said that they were unable to see the others side point. You inferred (without justification) that we were obsessed, closed minded, single minded, mono focused (which is kind of the same thing) illogical, silly, attention seek trolls. Wow...I didn't mean to come off like that. Its clear to me that you have strong feelings on this subject. So strong that you feel the need to write an insulting reply. Mission accomplished, I am insulted. But not because you called me some bad names, that would be, as you would say...silly.

I'm insulted at the lack of decorum you seem to believe is acceptable when a subject you don't want to hear anymore about is posted. You could have simply not read it or not replied, but you choose to pen your projected misunderstanding of that subject on us. I have questions though...should we check with you before we write in the forums? Should every idea or suggestion pass over your desk before general publication? Or is it fair to say that you need to be a little more congenial in your posts. Because pal, you sure qualify as someone this forum doesn't need blighting its doorstep.

Edited by Rosebud, 25 February 2015 - 07:02 AM.

Toggle #5 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4696 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Flights = Fun

Until more levels of the game are introduced, flights are where the fun is.  Yes, I still have a good time flying solo but, it can get monotonous at times.  Being flighted, at least with the gents I normally fly with, is always great fun and keep the game worth playing.

Instead of kicking this "flights are killing the game" dead horse, how about grouping up with others and fly the way the game is intended?  You may even realize this game is better than you thought.  You wont though, because you are what I like to refer to as an habitual bitcher. You just keep pissing and moaning about the same things over and over.

Good luck to you, Arthur.  I hope you find happiness.

BladedPheonix #6 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1229 battles
  • [KKREW] KKREW
I disagree with your statement on a patch not peeking interest and increasing the population. The biggest problem with WOWP is that it isn't as advertised as much as WOT is.:bajan: If  they advertised more, they could maybe get some more players.

BrushWolf #7 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:21 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

A_RuMoR #8 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 24 February 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

Both of you could not be more WRONG. Your obsession with flights has become laughable in this game and you have been disproved time and time again. You think in your minds "Flights are evil" and close your minds off to anything else, therefore that is all you are able to see. Your single mindedness blinds you, and makes your mono focused arguments for your silly points explain everything, therefore explaining nothing.

Moderators, please stop  this illogical, attention seeking, troll posting mantra now and lock this continuously irritating, unnecessarily inflammatory,  and waste of time and bandwidth, thread.

You are the one that is wrong, squads have ruined this game, the only people who disagree are the guys who commonly troll in squads, because
A. They are poor losers and hate losing, and need to have a high(falsly inflated stat rating) in order to feel good about themselves.
B. Most can't hold their own (98%), that's why they fly in squads..........and god forbid they play to have fun and not focus on maintaining their skill ratings.
C. They treat new comers and anyone who has an opinion other than theirs like crap, they try to belittle and smear them, because they dont want squads to go away because it is their only chance they have at maintaining their KD rating. without it, they all lose skill rating big time fast.

View PostRosebud, on 25 February 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

So its inconceivable to you that your position could be wrong? I find your argument for the latter non excitant in your reply. What I do find is exaggerated inferences. No one said they were evil, no one said that they were unable to see the others side point. You inferred (without justification) that we were obsessed, closed minded, single minded, mono focused (which is kind of the same thing) illogical, silly, attention seek trolls. Wow...I didn't mean to come off like that. Its clear to me that you have strong feelings on this subject. So strong that you feel the need to write an insulting reply. Mission accomplished, I am insulted. But not because you called me some bad names, that would be, as you would say...silly.

I'm insulted at the lack of decorum you seem to believe is acceptable when a subject you don't want to hear anymore about is posted. You could have simply not read it or not replied, but you choose to pen your projected misunderstanding of that subject on us. I have questions though...should we check with you before we write in the forums? Should every idea or suggestion pass over your desk before general publication? Or is it fair to say that you need to be a little more congenial in your posts. Because pal, you sure qualify as someone this forum doesn't need blighting its doorstep.

This type of behavior and horrible bashing from guys like him is common, and it has just as much to do with current population as squads. who wants to come play on a server with less than 50 people, which most are all in the same clique and hold each other hands all the time and sit there and bash anyone who goes against the very loophole they have exploited to kill population and keep their skill ratings up
there are hundreds if not thousands of clan players, ever wonder why they are not playing each other?? and all you see is the same people flying around, and zero population??It's cuz they don't want to play each other or their clanmates, it's all about their skill rating, they know it is falsly inflated and if they start playing each other on their main accounts, they will all have crappy yet "accurate" skill ratings, way lower than the best solo pilots, and that just can't happen, not on their watch.
They have chased soooooo many good players from this game it's not even funny, by attitude, and by [edited]tactics on the server such as squad trolling.

A_RuMoR #9 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostBladedPheonix, on 25 February 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

I disagree with your statement on a patch not peeking interest and increasing the population. The biggest problem with WOWP is that it isn't as advertised as much as WOT is.:bajan: If  they advertised more, they could maybe get some more players.

That's because they did advertise, they just dont anymore. they learned their lesson that the NA players will run them off quicker than they can be brought in.(so why waste more money on an area that probably generates very little money, if i were them i wouldnt spend a penny on NA at all either.) At one time they brought in hundreds if not thousands of people at times, the problem was that nobody wanted to stay because of these horrid culture of players that you see all over these forums and in the game, and the squads that trolled to no end, and continue to troll to no end. 

Einstein Quote on insanity- doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
These cliques have been doing the same thing over and over again expecting population to increase...............and it has not.........that's insanity at it's finest, and they all stand behind it 100% showing even further how insane they are. They just can't see past wanting to win, and keep their skill rating up.

Edited by A_RuMoR, 25 February 2015 - 08:01 AM.

Rosebud #10 Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 18 battles

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 25 February 2015 - 02:12 AM, said:

This subject has been put to rest MANY TIMES. Dayne has offered over and over again, and over again, this excuse for his complaints. He goes on and on and on opening new threads to push the same non fact he pushes every time, and which gets put down. Every. Single. Time.

Do not check with me before you offer an old, worn out mantra, check previous threads and the many other much more experienced pilots who have disproved and argued down this single focused opinion that absolutely makes no sense in a game like this. Dayne needs to be banned from this forum, his threads need to be locked, and he needs to learn how to fly.

Edit: I could not care less about your opinion of my post sir. It does seem you do not have a problem with what I said, but the matter of fact way I said it. Trust what I say now, I am being congenial compared to the magnitude of disdain, laughter, and disrespect that Dayne has faced with his insistence that one thing has affected this international game.

Thank you for this reply, it is far more concise then your last. I do understand your points but would also say that the flights are broken at the moment. Frankly I find them to be far too OP for the limited fields they are now populating. Lets face it, in a game with four planes on each side a three plane flight is practically cheating. That said I believe two planes per flight would be reasonable, two would be fair to both sides of this argument.

As to the original poster he has the right to post the same comments at nausea if he likes...they are his opinion and this is a forum for opinions. Just as you have the right to post dissenting arguments. He didn't call the flighters names and nor should they call him names in return.

A_RuMoR #11 Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 25 February 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

You have no proof at all that flights chased away anyone, that is another opinion Rumor.

Wrong, i was here, and i watched the squads run players off. look it up and ask those who were here, and if you want contact me and ill give you specific clan names of those who did the most damage.

Squad trolling? It is trolling to you because it gets in the way of YOUR stats. It is fun for me because I work for a common goal with a friend or two, and that is WHEN I flight up.

Wrong again, I don't care about my stats, i have proved this time and time again by lawndarting when facing troll squads in highest tier planes.

Do you understand when you get personal like that, you are saying you have nothing of worth to add?

Do you also understand when you try to lump EVERY single person who has disagreed with this excuse into one category how silly and weak your side of it sounds?

I lump only those who deserve to be lumped in, check peoples squad percentage and you will know who the biggest abusers are, and they are the majority. Guys like myself and Dayne are the minority, mostly from having been run off for having different views from the cliques. 

AllTheGoodOnesAreTaken_ #12 Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:05 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Edited by AllTheGoodOnesAreTaken_, 25 February 2015 - 09:06 AM.

Main acct. Gang_Starr banned from the forum.

Gang_Starr #13 Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:07 AM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Sigh... another thread that gunlion is gonna have to lock because of the amount of bullshlt it contains...

Tenks

losttwo #14 Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8986 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

in before lock and before I press the idiot button I mean report button.

Everywhere on this game it states this is a team game.

There for any argument against FLIGHTS is nothing more than ignorant ranting of depraved lunatics.

Don't believe me about a TEAM game. Look for yourself.

When you are loading into battle read what it states just below the blue load in line before the count in for battle.

I fly SOLO most of the time, it is what i enjoy doing.

I have no problem maintaining a 60%+ win rate flying solo.

In fact when I want to increase my win rate I fly solo.

Flying solo gives me the freedom to choice any tier and any plane independent of a FLIGHT.

In a flight you really need to fly a comparable aircraft in order to work as a team.

SO IT IS NOT FLIGHT BUT YOUR LACK OF SKILL THAT IS RUINING THIS GAME.

_Warchylde_ #15 Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

AD, our community flight troll.....this endless prattling does nothing but foment more bullshi* that we don't need.

OK AD, WE GET IT!!!    YOU DON'T LIKE FLIGHTS!!  

WE KNOW!!!   NOW STFU!!!

Edited by _Warchylde_, 25 February 2015 - 11:50 AM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

mullymanjr #16 Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Dayne and his posts remind me of Groundhog Day

Noreaga #17 Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmullymanjr, on 25 February 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

Dayne and his posts remind me of Groundhog Day

lol 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Lou #18 Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 38 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 24 February 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

In the beta there was 3000-6000 on then flights came..

Never Happened. False. Untrue.

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 24 February 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

unlike in tanks...players could use the cheats (mods that WG allow players to use to gain advantage over non modded players) they used the cheats to identify the best players target them ..

False. Untrue. It's called XVM, and it's been available in WOT for years. And it's NOT a cheat.

And according to XVM I'm 3% flighted, which means 97% of the time I fly solo. I have zero problem with flights, and you sir, are a small minority. A very vocal small minority that needs to get some facts straight.

Ours flight troll strikes again!

tahee59 #19 Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
In before the lock , I've have never seen a bigger cry baby in my life . Just stfu  A_D no one cares.

broslicer #20 Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 149 battles
haven't I seen this somewhere before? Hey WG come block this waste of space.... Please and thank you! :coin:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users