Still no love for those of us dealing with the log in loop?

bugs log in 1.7 tech support?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Darcel_Jones #1 Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 181 battles
So as day 2 goes by with me not being able to simply log into the game I am sitting here ridiculously frustrated.I read the forums all the time and seeing posts about 1.7,both good and bad sucks when you can't even log on to see for yourself.I have submitted a ticket,and of course I get the standard erase your WoWP folder and clear cache,this was one of the first things we did without being told and it does not work!This is a bug that seemingly only effected a small percentage of us,and before anyone asks I have never run any mods or anything else and have never had any problems since I started playing over a year ago.My fear now is that with this bug only affecting a small group it will be put on the back burner while they fix issues that are affecting those that can log in and play,while we are thrown to the lions.Just fix it already.I don't care about the loss of premium time or the inability to get the free premium time that i can't get because I can't log in.At this point I just want to play!   

FastAttack #2 Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDarcel_Jones, on 20 February 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

So as day 2 goes by with me not being able to simply log into the game I am sitting here ridiculously frustrated.I read the forums all the time and seeing posts about 1.7,both good and bad sucks when you can't even log on to see for yourself.I have submitted a ticket,and of course I get the standard erase your WoWP folder and clear cache,this was one of the first things we did without being told and it does not work!This is a bug that seemingly only effected a small percentage of us,and before anyone asks I have never run any mods or anything else and have never had any problems since I started playing over a year ago.My fear now is that with this bug only affecting a small group it will be put on the back burner while they fix issues that are affecting those that can log in and play,while we are thrown to the lions.Just fix it already.I don't care about the loss of premium time or the inability to get the free premium time that i can't get because I can't log in.At this point I just want to play!   

so Darcel, 

I haven't gotten a response that resolves my original 2 and half month hiatus due to a bug introduced into my account. 

I stuck along this long ( 2 and a half months) I wouldn't feel to frustrated yet. 

Parisienne #3 Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

• 274 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostFastAttack, on 20 February 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

so Darcel,

I haven't gotten a response that resolves my original 2 and half month hiatus due to a bug introduced into my account.

I stuck along this long ( 2 and a half months) I wouldn't feel to frustrated yet.

:( sucks bro

Edited by Parisienne, 20 February 2015 - 10:13 PM.

Darcel_Jones #4 Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

• 181 battles
Yeah FastAttack,you are someone who can rightfully scoff at this,how,after what you went thru you are able to come back with a smile is beyond me,hats off to you,but,and we all know there's always a but,it does not make it easier.When MM was taking 15min to make 1vs1 and 2vs2,I stepped away by choice until they fixed it,but this feels different,I just really want in and would love to know what went wrong.Also because I think the problem is unique to only some of us we will be ignored until they just drum some of us right out of the game.

Edited by Darcel_Jones, 20 February 2015 - 10:35 PM.

EasternDragon_2014 #5 Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

View PostDarcel_Jones, on 20 February 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

Yeah FastAttack,you are someone who can rightfully scoff at this,how,after what you went thru you are able to come back with a smile is beyond me,hats off to you,but,and we all know there's always a but,it does not make it easier.When MM was taking 15min to make 1vs1 and 2vs2,I stepped away by choice until they fixed it,but this feels different,I just really want in and would love to know what went wrong.Also because I think the problem is unique to only some of us we will be ignored until they just drum some of us right out of the game.

I asked how many players were online yesterday night at peak times, dity said 700+, usually the number reaches 800 in the last few days of 1.6. 

I suggest about 1/10 of the players are effected, some may have already quit the game without struggling!

EasternDragon_2014 #6 Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

View PostDarcel_Jones, on 20 February 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

This problem occured to me in CT 1.7 too, people posted about that, but WG kept on being ignorant and pushed things forward without taking a look, now we players have to suffer, no wonder WoWp is so underpopulated!

DrSinister #7 Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:57 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 128 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Well I am working with RU Dev on my RU Client, because both my RU and NA clients are doing the exact same thing and still working with Phil on my NA client.

But we did find out that NA client, even though states its on 1.7.0 is actually on Client version : 1.7.1.0, private build : 196212

Where RU client is Client version : 1.7.0.0, private build : 196196

Edited by DrSinister, 20 February 2015 - 11:57 PM.

EasternDragon_2014 #8 Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 20 February 2015 - 11:57 PM, said:

Well I am working with RU Dev on my RU Client, because both my RU and NA clients are doing the exact same thing and still working with Phil on my NA client.

But we did find out that NA client, even though states its on 1.7.0 is actually on Client version : 1.7.1.0, private build : 196212

Where RU client is Client version : 1.7.0.0, private build : 196196

Any progress or sign of progress?

Lydia_Litvak #9 Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:15 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

I had the same problem as you all, crashing in the hanger.  Tried loading it a dozen times, deleted and reloaded it and didn't work, cleared the dns cache per some instructions I read, nothing worked. I read the pinned thing in the Bugs about frequent crashes and it said to update your drivers, so I clicked on the thing to run the Intel Driver update checker thing and a HD Graphics driver was out of date, so I did that and installed the updated driver, and I was able to get on the game.  I'm not very computer literate, but maybe this might help someone.

(Sorry posted this on wrong discussion)

Edited by Lydia_Litvak, 21 February 2015 - 05:07 AM.

EasternDragon_2014 #10 Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

View PostLydia_Litvak, on 21 February 2015 - 12:15 AM, said:

I had the same problem as you all, crashing in the hanger.  Tried loading it a dozen times, deleted and reloaded it and didn't work, cleared the dns cache per some instructions I read, nothing worked. I read the pinned thing in the Bugs about frequent crashes and it said to update your drivers, so I clicked on the thing to run the Intel Driver update checker thing and a HD Graphics driver was out of date, so I did that and installed the updated driver, and I was able to get on the game.  I'm not very computer literate, but maybe this might help someone.

Thanks, but our issue is infinity connecting server, NOT crashing of any sort

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2802 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Anyone try loading the game through razergame booster? Razers a free program that shuts off every resource you dont need to play the game if it's configured right and it's very good at configuring itself. This alone would eliminate a whole slew of programs that may be conflicting with loading the game.

Also maybe try loading the game as administrator under compatibility.

It's been awhile since I played but last time I updated and got a loop like you folks are describing I also got an error message to try loading the launcher through the game launcher files and that worked.

The very fact that some of us have no problem leads to this not being a wg server side problem but a compatibility problem with some users computers.

I have 3 computers I can play the game on,an asus kick butt gamer on win7,an AMD quad core on win8 and a Toshiba satellite on win7 and all 3 launch the game no problem.

I would also try the simple things like rebooting your router and modem by unplugging,clearing cache and trying again.

And if your running intel drivers update them,and if you have then roll back to the last one.

As for razerboost......just launching through it eliminates windows update and every other background program running that may cause compatibility issues. If you get the same error launching through it then it has to be your hardware or drivers that are conflicting with something in the patch.

Computers are just a hobby of mine that started in the day of the pentium1 and basic which I self taught myself on....the new internets!

Just getting a modem to work the magic of 33 dial up back then taught you to eliminate problems one by one,almost always user caused.:facepalm:

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 21 February 2015 - 01:29 AM.

FastAttack #12 Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Well I can say I am really pissed of at support the compensation they gave me has to be the biggest slap in the face.

I'll send a community manager a pm here , won't discuss the details. But for what I went thru its just plain bad customer service.

EasternDragon_2014 #13 Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

View PostFastAttack, on 21 February 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

Well I can say I am really pissed of at support the compensation they gave me has to be the biggest slap in the face.

I'll send a community manager a pm here , won't discuss the details. But for what I went thru its just plain bad customer service.

The issue that we are having now involves not only bad service but also poor responsibility of WG! In CT this problem was presented by players, they just kept on being ignorant.

Being ignorant to the possible negative consequences that changes may bring is the key to this game's underpopulated situation

exumbrisadlucem #14 Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
I had the same problem crop up when I tried to run the CT 1.7.  I gave up and just kept playing 1.6 as it was working fine.  Suddenly, 1.37 went public and I haven't been able to play it yet.  Opened two tickets, cleared temp files, updated everything they and I could think of, did a complete delete and re-install.  Nothing.  very frustrating.

DrSinister #15 Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:08 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 128 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postexumbrisadlucem, on 22 February 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

I had the same problem crop up when I tried to run the CT 1.7.  I gave up and just kept playing 1.6 as it was working fine.  Suddenly, 1.37 went public and I haven't been able to play it yet.  Opened two tickets, cleared temp files, updated everything they and I could think of, did a complete delete and re-install.  Nothing.  very frustrating.

Try this:

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users