• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

losttwo #41 Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Good discussion to say the least.

Here is why it is a player problem and not a game mechanic problem.

But first. No, the plane should not explode for border violations.

No pilot should be punished for a valid tactic or game mechanic exploit.

The game mechanic for border violations is based on the values of SPEED and DISTANCE

The faster the plane goes the deeper into border it will travel.

Auto pilot kicks in using the Time it takes a plane to turn 360 degrees according to plane stat sheet.

Because it is a border violation and a complete 360 is not needed it uses that portion needed to escape border.

Such as the BF109Z maneuverability rated at : average time to turn 360 is 37.20 seconds  ( 18.6 seconds +/- depending on speed ) 

Going in perpendicular then 18.6 seconds later you are leaving perpendicular.

Although it does happen faster than that. It is the best way I can explain it.

The entire thing is based on speed distance and a few other calculations

The turn value is what determines the departure angle based on distance traveled into border.

This is why most escapes seem to be 180 degree turns perpendicular to border.

Each map has a different size violation zone based on tier.

This can be tested by alternating flight angles into the border as well as speed.

Pay attention to how far you travel into the border at various speeds and angle of entry.

http://Posted Image

Edited by losttwo, 13 February 2015 - 05:32 PM.

Chuck_norris10 #42 Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2480 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Stick around and fight like a man! lol! You ran away from your squadron in ww2 like this and you would be in a military court and probably jail for a very long time.

Old timers always find the easy exploits to work but the people that play this game for what it is...a game would probably appreciate some support from the border hiders while the battle is going on.

So it comes down to someone wanting the game mechanics changed so they can continue to exploit  it for their own personal gain and the people that have an extreme dis taste for the pilots who only play for them selves.

Some of you folks cry there's a lack of teamwork and post many topics about helping out the team yet running and hiding is not exactly team work.

I may have only a 49% WR but I can proudly say I got it by helping out my team and not running.I got my stats fighting alongside my brothers and sisters,not hiding until everyone's injured and an easy kill. 

This works for me in real life too but my WR is much higher knowing I worked for it and never let anyone down.

Zig

losttwo #43 Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

the difference between playing smart and a " winning is everything " attitude.

Is the difference between 46% W/R and 61+% W/R

Since you want to bring up win rates.

So YOLO all you want medals are still awarded posthumously and for participation.

AS FOR ME AND MY RC, I PREFER WINNING AT ALL COST

dityboycom #44 Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostChuck_norris10, on 13 February 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Stick around and fight like a man! lol! You ran away from your squadron in ww2 like this and you would be in a military court and probably jail for a very long time.

Old timers always find the easy exploits to work but the people that play this game for what it is...a game would probably appreciate some support from the border hiders while the battle is going on.

So it comes down to someone wanting the game mechanics changed so they can continue to exploit  it for their own personal gain and the people that have an extreme dis taste for the pilots who only play for them selves.

Some of you folks cry there's a lack of teamwork and post many topics about helping out the team yet running and hiding is not exactly team work.

I may have only a 49% WR but I can proudly say I got it by helping out my team and not running.I got my stats fighting alongside my brothers and sisters,not hiding until everyone's injured and an easy kill. 

This works for me in real life too but my WR is much higher knowing I worked for it and never let anyone down.

Zig

Way to turn this into some self righteous crusade against cowards. We all bow down to your mighty courage and hope to one day be as successful as you.

MARS_REVENANT #45 Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
I would like autopilot removed all together.  I have played other games where if you go out of bounds you start to receive damage.  I would rather keep control and take a 5% hit every second than have autopilot take all that time to turn me around.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

losttwo #46 Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postdityboycom, on 13 February 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Way to turn this into some self righteous crusade against cowards. We all bow down to your mighty courage and hope to one day be as successful as you.

yeah we all need to begin working on getting a 46% win rate....:popcorn:

So now back to the topic at hand.

There is no rule that prohibits an individual form exploiting game mechanics.

To include border flights in GA or flying high to survive and save on repair costs.

Or a tactical maneuver to force your opponent into a crash.

Chuck_norris10 #47 Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2480 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postdityboycom, on 13 February 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Sorry if you have a hard time with facts.I haven't seen a border in 10,000 matches,no one fly's there but people hiding or in a desperate attempt to get away from someone. You must be one of the one's that hide's there too I spose if it rustles your jimmies this much. :D

Chuck_norris10 #48 Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:56 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2480 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 13 February 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

I would like autopilot removed all together.  I have played other games where if you go out of bounds you start to receive damage.  I would rather keep control and take a 5% hit every second than have autopilot take all that time to turn me around.

Me also but this is how some keep a high WR is by hiding,let them blow up or take extreme damage or better yet....For each battle 2 people on each side get border immunity and they can fly on the other side and shoot the stat padders that have been exploiting this since the early days of closed beta down.sorry Lost 2 and dittyboys but you werent around then so maybe you dont understand it is a well used exploit by stat padders.

Tonzzo #49 Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:57 AM

Captain

• 717 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 14 February 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

Sorry if you have a hard time with facts.I haven't seen a border in 10,000 matches,no one fly's there but people hiding or in a desperate attempt to get away from someone. You must be one of the one's that hide's there too I spose if it rustles your jimmies this much. :D

Don't you have some newb to rocket in tier 2?....   :sceptic:

Fact is your either in it to win it or your in it to go pew pew...  ha ha I kill you....  weeee....  You don't care if you win or lose?  Right on....  That's nice...

Edited by Tonzzo, 14 February 2015 - 01:00 AM.

dityboycom #50 Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:50 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostChuck_norris10, on 13 February 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

My jimmies remain eternal. I couldn't care less about border riders and I do occasionally hit it but not enough to even think about it being an issue. I'm just exhausted from reading you and Mr. ducks duplicate comments in every thread about how you two are the only original pilots in this game and play to play not to be part of the "crowd." If there is one fact in life, everyone belongs to a crowd, whether that crowd is the well liked one or the one who tries hard to not be in a crowd and anywhere in between, you do belong to one.

View PostChuck_norris10, on 13 February 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

Me also but this is how some keep a high WR is by hiding,let them blow up or take extreme damage or better yet....For each battle 2 people on each side get border immunity and they can fly on the other side and shoot the stat padders that have been exploiting this since the early days of closed beta down.sorry Lost 2 and dittyboys but you werent around then so maybe you dont understand it is a well used exploit by stat padders.

I honestly don't see a way to exploit the border unless you already did the work to put yourself in a position to win the game. Do I think someone is "stat padding" if they're up 50 supremacy points, up on the meter and they're the last plane left against 4? No. Obviously they're going to win the game and get more credits / xp than if they don't "stat pad" and charge into the group of 4 to just die for no reason.

There is a reason why after WWII it was punishable by UCMJ to jump in your plane and fly off by yourself looking for a sortie. All those WWII pilots who wasted tax payers dollars flying off to show how good they are influenced a new generation of pilots thinking that is the way to do it. Imagine if every flight leader decided he needed to "lead from the front" and flew off by himself in a 50 million dollar jet to go fight 3-5 fighters by himself? Wouldn't have too may 50 million dollar jets remaining, that's for sure.

Chuck_norris10 #51 Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:39 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2480 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Well Ditty,I will give you the same advice I give the other kids in real life,The adults do not care about your childish opinions.

Got it?

Some of us on here are flight sim enthusiasts and treat this as a game such as it is. Most of us have a maturity level far above some of the so called "gamers" on here.

I get you dont like anyone who does not play your style but when you get older you will realize why we do not(us adults) play your style.

or maybe you wont and that's also fine. 

You play for WR,stats and bragging rights because it makes you feel like a man,most of us play just to have fun.

Your Jimmies are easy to rustle,I just did it again and it makes me laugh everytime I do.

Now...when you hit 53 years old and can say you have traveled the world and only done stuff others will only see on T.V. then you can give me advice on how I should act or play my game. 

Not a brag either,I earned my stories in real life and have documented the best parts because I like to share my experiences.

So if you ever break out of that job you have and decide to take some challenges and risk losing it all to make yourself a happier person,you will look back in 30 years and say DAMN!  Ziggy was right! 

Think about this grasshopper......in 20 years will you still be sitting at a tele marketer desk on a phone? 

Ask yourself,what have I accomplished in the last 20 years?

if your only accomplishments are sitting at a desk and dissing and insulting players on a game forum then I feel sorry for you.

Why would anyone take advice from you? 

The games about having fun,not pumping up someones fragile ego with stats or a WR.

This is where you and me differ in our opinions and lord knows you follow me around with some "clever" bit of advice every time I make a post.

You cant make me mad bud,I have seen it all and you are small potatos. 

Respect is earned in this game,staying with and helping out the team no matter what gets you respect,hiding does not.

For you buddy.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 14 February 2015 - 06:00 PM.

Tonzzo #52 Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

Captain

• 717 battles

Dity,

Just leave him be...  Put the facts out in the game to him...  IN GAME...  He has a basic and standard routine to how he plays.  I had a game against him last night...  His predictable play style is the reason for his results.  He says he plays it for "fun" and I suspect his presence in the forums is also for "fun".  I applaud him on that and hope he continues to have fun!  However as he clearly shown you cant teach a old dog new tricks...  Although if he paid attention in that (something like) 30 second match last night where he tried to rocket me then I locked his tail and vaporized him along with bomb killing 2 of his teammates.  Well new tricks are available for him to learn....  Oh and that was in the middle of the map! :rolleyes:

Boom
Say what? Say what?
Boom
I don't think they heard you
Boom
Talk to 'em T-pain

dityboycom #53 Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostChuck_norris10, on 14 February 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Well Ditty,I will give you the same advice I give the other kids in real life,The adults do not care about your childish opinions.

Got it?....

Roger.

..Some of us on here are flight sim enthusiasts and treat this as a game such as it is. Most of us have a maturity level far above some of the so called "gamers" on here.

I get you dont like anyone who does not play your style but when you get older you will realize why we do not(us adults) play your style.

or maybe you wont and that's also fine...

Treating it as a flight sim would result in realistic contributions to the war effort, generally this doesn't constitute suicide. I couldn't care less about anyone's play style, play what makes you happy, don't get offended when your preferred play style doesn't contribute so others get upset. In fact, I care so little you can ask the guys I play with if this is something I concern myself and if it was why would I do things that don't fall in line with the preferred play style?

...You play for WR,stats and bragging rights because it makes you feel like a man,most of us play just to have fun.

Your Jimmies are easy to rustle,I just did it again and it makes me laugh everytime I do...

I do not play for WR, stats or bragging rights. I play because the game is awesome, and I found a group of guys who I enjoy playing with that makes it even more fun. Fortunately for me those guys I found to play with mostly support my play style well resulting in a fair amount of wins mostly in the most unorthodox manners. Who's jimmies are really rustled if there is a "adult" using the word "Jimmies" as a legitimate phrase for explanation of an intelligent point?

...Now...when you hit 53 years old and can say you have traveled the world and only done stuff others will only see on T.V. then you can give me advice on how I should act or play my game. 

Not a brag either,I earned my stories in real life and have documented the best parts because I like to share my experiences.

So if you ever break out of that job you have and decide to take some challenges and risk losing it all to make yourself a happier person,you will look back in 30 years and say DAMN!  Ziggy was right! ...

Well I'm 28 years old and I have traveled the world to some of the most gruesome, ruthless corners. Done things that most will only see on TV or in video games, and I have also done things that plenty will have the opportunity to do. Not a brag but I earned a lot of accolades and stories in real life that may be documented some where, but most likely you won't read about it any time soon, I share my experiences but I don't shove them down the throat of others every time I try to make a point. I have no reason to break out of a job that I love and enjoy, every day I learn something new and take the next step in progression toward my end goal. Another assumption of yours falling on deaf ears, didn't your mother ever tell you want the action "assume" does?

...Think about this grasshopper......in 20 years will you still be sitting at a tele marketer desk on a phone? 

Ask yourself,what have I accomplished in the last 20 years?

if your only accomplishments are sitting at a desk and dissing and insulting players on a game forum then I feel sorry for you.

Why would anyone take advice from you? 

The games about having fun,not pumping up someones fragile ego with stats or a WR.

This is where you and me differ in our opinions and lord knows you follow me around with some "clever" bit of advice every time I make a post.

You cant make me mad bud,I have seen it all and you are small potatos...

Think about it grand pa, in 20 years I will be running the business that is paying you scraps to use your "experience and knowledge" to teach my 18 year old guys how to do your job. Or I may be where I am at now, which is still in my own opinion a better place than your seasonal work resulting in scraps on the table. Or as you call it "Unlimited finances to blow on this game."

Fortunately I have a very long list of accomplishments that develop every time I wake up. I honestly don't remember with the exception of these conversations where you claim to have the best paying job in the world and I work as a telemarketer when I said anything insulting you? I quite frequently tell you time and time again that I don't care how you play, yet I ask you to stop insulting others for their desire to win and to do it at all cost by calling them "cowards", etc.

It's funny you ask "Why would anyone take advice from you?" My job strongly revolves around suggesting resolutions, improvements, and implementation strategies. So the real question would be "When will people stop taking advice from you?"

The game is about having fun, fun is interpreted by the user. Every user has their own ideal on what constitutes fun and results in a becoming atmosphere in search of others who share that enjoyment. To most in a PVP environment that means success and proving their virtual self worth by achieving the highest accolades available for the challenge they're overcoming. It's a far stretch of thought, but I would say most would share this same desire in their professional lives as well. I have always agreed to disagree with you, and I do follow you around, it's entertainment for me to see you say the same thing in every single thread. I'm surprised you and Mr. Duck aren't in a clan together so you can talk about all the trolls, seal clubbers, non contributing stat padders, and idiotic game play on a regular basis while you two toot each others horns with not so successful but fun "realistic" strategies.

...Respect is earned in this game,staying with and helping out the team no matter what gets you respect,hiding does not.

Respect is actually irrelevant in this game, as your distant cousin 99 always says "I play this game for me, I don't care about anyone else." That holds true, some people get upset because you are in a flight with them and decide to go get some food and when you get back you hop in a flight with someone else. Some get upset because they rushed into the enemy forces alone and no one was there to help them. Others get upset because it's 2 on 6 and 1 of the 2 is hiding because they have a 150 supremacy point lead and the other 1 is fighting all 6 by himself. In the end, we all continue to play with each other, kill each other, flight with each other, and support each other. Why? We want to have fun playing a game that many of us have dug hundreds if not thousands of dollars into.

Players respect each other in this game for reasons un related to game play, typically based off of human interactions and interpreted actions while in the presence of each other. Have to ask yourself "Do others respect me? If so, why?" If you are happy with the answer you give yourself then you are doing things right for you. At this point you should accept that your ideals are not the majorities and never will be, you should accept that no matter how many times you bring up the "ole boys club" no one is interested in hearing about it, you should accept that however you answered that question yourself appeases you and move on in life with that tid bit of information. Things you shouldn't do if you really care about "respect" is continue to try to step up on a pedestal saying your job is better than the next guy, bash someones life experiences with out knowing what exactly those are, and assume that someone is struggling through life because when you were their age you had to struggle.

Tonzzo #54 Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:33 PM

Captain

• 717 battles

:trollface::D:teethhappy::trollface::D:teethhappy::trollface::D:teethhappy::trollface:

Edited by Tonzzo, 14 February 2015 - 06:35 PM.

GiN_nTonic #55 Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:54 PM

Captain

• 231 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 13 February 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

I like this idea....a lot.  Then the game could be set that if you kept going any plane would be dead before long.

Edited by GiNnTonic, 14 February 2015 - 10:55 PM.

Tonzzo #56 Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

Captain

• 717 battles
So your ok that you would have (maybe) 20sec to get back? If your down to 10% and I'm at 80% your ok with me dragging you off map?

Look if WG comes up with something someone will find a way to exploit it for the purpose of Winning.

Edited by Tonzzo, 18 February 2015 - 06:58 PM.

Gang_Starr #57 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Edited by Gang_Starr, 15 February 2015 - 11:18 AM.

Tenks

Gang_Starr #58 Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:19 AM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

[content removed - non-constructive]

~Moderation Team

Tenks

Mr_D_Duck #59 Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTonzzo, on 14 February 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

So your ok that you would have (maybe) 20sec to get back? If you down to 10% and at 80% your ok withd dragging you off map?

Look if WG comes up with something someone will find a way to exploit it for the purpose of Winning.

Don't know about the The Map Edge Flyers, but have seen this tactic used on many occasions.   Have also seen the Low Flyers who use the 50m or less tactic to mask their location. I feel both are pretty much the same and don't feel either one is bad or if one is worse then the other.  Let us not forget there is a 3rd, the High Flyers who climb to heights which no one can reach them, and Oh Yea a 4th, the Speeder Flyers who can outrun others.  When one considers them all together they are pretty much the same - which is - a part of the game.

I do however FULLY agree with the comment, "someone will find a way to exploit ANYTHING for the purpose of Winning".  When Winning & Stats are the sole motivation and the driving force for SOME players we should expect to see the best or worse to come out.  As we all know ... the worst or best is strictly a manner of personal opinion.

CLOSED BETA -> 1008 ------ OPEN BETA -> 2891 ------ LIVE -> 6210 +

T1/5 Planes @ 306 flights - 61.76% {L.G.P. - Feb 2015} ----- T2/15 Planes @ 306 flights - "95% completed"

T3/14 Planes |-----| T4/12 Planes |-----| T5/16 Planes |-----| T6/ 1 Plane (so far)

Still Here & Still playing, The Game - MY WAY !

losttwo #60 Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMr_D_Duck, on 15 February 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

Don't know about the The Map Edge Flyers, but have seen this tactic used on many occasions.   Have also seen the Low Flyers who use the 50m or less tactic to mask their location. I feel both are pretty much the same and don't feel either one is bad or if one is worse then the other.  Let us not forget there is a 3rd, the High Flyers who climb to heights which no one can reach them, and Oh Yea a 4th, the Speeder Flyers who can outrun others.  When one considers them all together they are pretty much the same - which is - a part of the game.

I do however FULLY agree with the comment, "someone will find a way to exploit ANYTHING for the purpose of Winning".  When Winning & Stats are the sole motivation and the driving force for SOME players we should expect to see the best or worse to come out.  As we all know ... the worst or best is strictly a manner of personal opinion.

:honoring: there is hope for you yet. Thanks for your intelligent response. Don't forget the " fly back to AA for help and cover exploiters "

Edited by losttwo, 15 February 2015 - 09:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users