CT 1.7 New features feedback.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: New features for 1.7 feedback (18 members have cast votes)

How do you like the new spawn points on "fortress" and "Pacific"?

1. They are too far apart. (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. They are too close together. (1 vote [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Why was this changed? (14 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

What do you think of the new positions of the ships and AA guns for "El Halluf", "Pacific", and "Winter War"?

1. Better! They have a nice distance from each other. (12 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Way too far apart. (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

How do you like the Flight Auto Search feature?

1. It's a really good idea! (11 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

2. I can never find a flight with this feature. (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. It's cool but takes too long. (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

New settings for the markers in game.

1. Great feature, much needed! (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. I would like to have more color options. (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. I would like more options in general. (10 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

How does the game sound?

1. I can hear my plane being hit. (7 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

2. I cannot hear the plane being hit. (1 vote [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

3. The sounds are overall better. (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. The sound has not changed. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. The sound isn't the change I expected. (10 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote Hide poll

GhostPrime #1 Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
Please let us know how you feel about these features. Feel free to elaborate on them in this thread. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Autolycus7 #2 Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9207 battles
Why is it always extremes with these feedback questions? Option needed: "Meh."
Mountains are OP. Nerf plz.
Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
Dignum laude virum Musa vetat mori, cœlo Musa beat.

Sojo #3 Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23160 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Impact sounds are (finally!) back, but the impact sounds are bad.  Sounds like hail on a tin roof.

Autolycus7 #4 Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9207 battles
I agree. Sounds are HORRIBLE. Especially big calibers, which sound like you took a low quality microphone and put it 2cm away from a real firing gun to record the sound. Yeesh.
Mountains are OP. Nerf plz.
Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
Dignum laude virum Musa vetat mori, cœlo Musa beat.

Rosebud #5 Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12026 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Question 1 needs a "just right" choice and question 3 needs a "Don't use it" choice.

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

Major

• 34291 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostRock18, on 02 February 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

Impact sounds are (finally!) back, but the impact sounds are bad.  Sounds like hail on a tin roof.

yep. I think that's where the phrase "in a hail storm of bullets" came from.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

Major

• 34291 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Training Room.

Room owners and Operators should be able to change planes without having to be moved to the centre.  So you can keep the same teams, allow people to change planes, and not have to sort through everyone over and over.

The plane filters don't work to sort your planes while you are still in the room, so if you want to change planes, you have to scroll through your entire fleet. Or leave the room so the filters work, switch and come back in, which is what we have to do now.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GUNDY_ #8 Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9612 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Marker's are all screwed up. I can't see who I'm targeting or any enemies/teammates until they're on top of me! Garbage!

Sounds are so loud, I can't think, even on setting "1".

Edited by GUNDY_, 03 February 2015 - 05:34 PM.

BRING BACK 1.1!

dityboycom #9 Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

Colonel

• 10241 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Question 4 needs a "why did you put this in the game?" option. Or "Dislike, greatly."

Fuzzybrainlizard #10 Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:43 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7317 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

The sounds are better.  AA placement is better especially in the Pacific.  I haven't tried or experienced the auto flight feature.  Not high on my priority to test.   I can't see much difference in spawn points but I haven't been on the Fortress map.  The markers are a big improvement.    More information is better.  I don't know if this was part of the update but on my monitor the rendering is better.  I have seen players go about 50 feet into the ground then emerge from it.  Weird.

Fuzzybrainlizard

dityboycom #11 Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

Colonel

• 10241 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
The sound of your plane getting hit is beyond annoying. It's overwhelmingly loud and while it sounds realistic for being inside of a plane getting shot, man does that sound get old quick.

BioReaper #12 Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12688 battles
  • [SF] SF

New settings for the markers in game.

1.  Great feature, much needed!
  2.  I would like to have more color options.
  3.  I would like more options in general.

could not complete survey. Why didn't you just ask is world of warplanes. 

A) Great or B) the greatest

did you even read your own answers to these questions? I don't want any more options, and nothing about the change was "much needed". 

What is needed is Clan Wars. Stop wasting your and our time with changing the sound every patch, and adding "fixes" to unbroken game mechanics (most the time breaking them in the process). Not sure why Wargaming is hell bent on destroying this game. Any one remember the population before 1.5 patch, it was very good. Instead of fixing what you broke with 1.5 when you were "fixing" nothing, you slowly played around with other aspects of the game. 

I do like the new maps and the German GA line, but that is not going to keep your player base. End game content is the only thing that will retain players of a game like this. 

Edited by BioReaper, 05 February 2015 - 08:08 AM.

ElVaquero #13 Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7955 battles

Sounds like the new markers and new sounds were handled by the same team who brought us the boost clicking and changed the targeting reticule. The "brother-in-law" team who no one trusts on real development and has been put in charge of screwing around with stuff that nobody asked to be changed in the first place (even Cries-a-lot doesn't complain about impact sounds or markers).

Then again, maybe they just drop stuff like this to shift focus from the stuff we won't get off their backs about.

MagusGerhardt #14 Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:46 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7682 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRock18, on 02 February 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

That's actually what it sounded like when a plane was being hit by small to medium size bullets.

Yes, I've talked to many old vets who all relayed the same anecdote of it sounding like hail hitting a tin roof.

View PostAutolycus7, on 02 February 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

I agree. Sounds are HORRIBLE. Especially big calibers, which sound like you took a low quality microphone and put it 2cm away from a real firing gun to record the sound. Yeesh.

I disagree; the new cannon sounds, at least on the German attackers, are excellent.  Didn't fly anything else, as there really was nothing else to test in this iteration.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

dityboycom #15 Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

Colonel

• 10241 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 05 February 2015 - 12:46 AM, said:

That's actually what it sounded like when a plane was being hit by small to medium size bullets.

Yes, I've talked to many old vets who all relayed the same anecdote of it sounding like hail hitting a tin roof.

I disagree; the new cannon sounds, at least on the German attackers, are excellent.  Didn't fly anything else, as there really was nothing else to test in this iteration.

Doesn't change the annoyance of the sound, They should give an option to turn down incoming fire sounds. Especially when flying an IL hearing that noise, like I said earlier while realistic is next to unbearable for 2 or 3 minutes straight.

I do like that you can hear the flak spray against the side of your plane, even when it does no damage.

Edited by dityboycom, 05 February 2015 - 03:24 PM.

Atramorte #16 Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:51 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6370 battles
  • [OTG] OTG
I hate the new markers feature.  It was just fine the way it was before.

MagusGerhardt #17 Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:20 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7682 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdityboycom, on 05 February 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

Doesn't change the annoyance of the sound, They should give an option to turn down incoming fire sounds. Especially when flying an IL hearing that noise, like I said earlier while realistic is next to unbearable for 2 or 3 minutes straight.

I do like that you can hear the flak spray against the side of your plane, even when it does no damage.

An option to adjust the sound level of "received hits" is something I could get behind.  I like having the audible warning, but appreciate that not all will like it.

Edit:  It just occurred to me that there was no feedback requested on the new impact flashes for successful bullet/cannon hits on aircraft.  I hope this means it's here to stay; I really like the new effects over the old "puffball" from 1.0-1.6.x

Edited by MagusGerhardt, 06 February 2015 - 04:12 AM.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Sojo #18 Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23160 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 05 February 2015 - 12:46 AM, said:

You could have asked a young veteran if you wanted to know what bullet impacts sounded like too.  :B

Either way, this game makes hundreds of compromises to make a more enjoyable game and make things overall more fun and less annoying than actual air combat.  This is an area where they should have made another such compromise in my opinion, as I don't find games that give me headaches to be much fun.

At least vary up the audio files so it's not the exact same sound file getting played repeatedly.

Merc85 #19 Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12882 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_

View PostGhostPrime, on 02 February 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Please let us know how you feel about these features. Feel free to elaborate on them in this thread. 

Ghost,

I am not completing the survey since it doesn't contain how I want to vote.

- the new settings for markers in the game are ridiculous and way way too complicated.  Why would WG spend any time at all on this issue when there are sooooo many other hugely more important ones.  I just want to have an option to use the existing system that is in 1.6 for marking targets so I don't have to spend any time on it, especially since it will take a lot of time given how complicated this system has been made for some reason I cannot fathom.  Geez, I cannot even find a way to make the enemy pilots names show up.....what a mess.  :(

dityboycom #20 Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Colonel

• 10241 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMerc85, on 06 February 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Ghost,

I am not completing the survey since it doesn't contain how I want to vote.

- the new settings for markers in the game are ridiculous and way way too complicated.  Why would WG spend any time at all on this issue when there are sooooo many other hugely more important ones.  I just want to have an option to use the existing system that is in 1.6 for marking targets so I don't have to spend any time on it, especially since it will take a lot of time given how complicated this system has been made for some reason I cannot fathom.  Geez, I cannot even find a way to make the enemy pilots names show up.....what a mess.  :(

I agree with this, the new marker system makes little no sense why it was even implemented. All it does is make things incredibly complicated, especially since the default settings aren't the old default settings and makes it hard to see anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users