CT 1.7 German Ground Attack aircraft feedback.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

The_Brett #21 Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 8144 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I enjoy playing the new German GA's. I believe the Stuka should have a bomb. I was very surprised when it didn't since most the video footage of them shows them dive bombing. The dive siren would be awesome but I realize that may be asking too much and it might get annoying after a while. The Junkers JU88P is fun to fly but you have to be patient when running down an IL from behind. A little stick and rudder on the IL's part and you will miss a lot with the big cannons. Overall, I think the line is a nice addition and will be a lot of fun.

MagusGerhardt #22 Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

BELATED ADDITIONAL NOTES RE JUNKERS JU.87D and JU.87G STUKA AIRFRAMES

Both of these airframes carried a pair of 7.92mm MG-17s fixed firing forward above the engine synchronized through the propeller.  Why have these two guns been deleted from both airframes?

The mounting of the 20mm cannon and the 37mm BK have nothing to do with the position of the MGs, and they should be returned.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

MagusGerhardt #23 Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I have noted that NONE of the new German attackers have tester parade camo except the Fw.189C.

Why is that?  The Me.P1099B-2 and Me.P1102B have both existed since Alpha-Closed Beta.

Many of these aircraft feature a useless camo that applies to no map type, but no tester camo.

That is quite unsatisfactory.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Carolvs #24 Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:47 AM

Senior Airman

• 5930 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 02 February 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

What are your opinions on the new line of German aircraft? Leave your comments here!

Great idea, poorly executed... in a nutshell

First game play - what sort of a GA can't take out armoured targets? Answer a German GA (apparently in WOWP). Inability to cause damage to armoured targets is rather strange for a line that in real life was excellent at destroying Soviet armour. While the non armoured targets easily succumb to guns the armoured targets are almost impossible to destroy. The lack of bombs and rockets, means you have to rely on the guns, and it appears, WOWP has designed them only for soft targets.

Second - choice of aircraft. How could you develop a line of German GA and only have 1 stuka variant?? Seriously?? Arguably THE most famous GA of all time and it's represented just once, with, yes, you guessed it, a no bomb variant. It's a dive bomber.... helps to have a bomb with which to dive....

Badly thought out overall, please, please improve!

German GA is a great idea, but sadly executed in this release. Just hope with time they'll do a better job

MagusGerhardt #25 Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:10 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCarolvs, on 10 February 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Great idea, poorly executed... in a nutshell

First game play - what sort of a GA can't take out armoured targets? Answer a German GA (apparently in WOWP). Inability to cause damage to armoured targets is rather strange for a line that in real life was excellent at destroying Soviet armour. While the non armoured targets easily succumb to guns the armoured targets are almost impossible to destroy. The lack of bombs and rockets, means you have to rely on the guns, and it appears, WOWP has designed them only for soft targets.

Second - choice of aircraft. How could you develop a line of German GA and only have 1 stuka variant?? Seriously?? Arguably THE most famous GA of all time and it's represented just once, with, yes, you guessed it, a no bomb variant. It's a dive bomber.... helps to have a bomb with which to dive....

Badly thought out overall, please, please improve!

German GA is a great idea, but sadly executed in this release. Just hope with time they'll do a better job

The Junkers Ju.87A, B and C were all purely dive bombers and carried only bombs for dealing with ground targets.  Their bomb capacity was a mere 450 kg (One SC250 and four SC50s) Ju.87s were useful in knocking out ground targets historically because they attacked in waves and with precision unheard of through conventional bombing.

With the tier system we have here there would be no guarantee against your Ju.87B being dumped into battle by itself with no other Stukas to back it up; such a circumstance would render it useless as it would be able to eliminate one or two targets at the most via dive bomb runs.

The Ju.87D mounted a pair of 20mm cannons and a pair of 7.92mm MGs, some were field modified to carry SC50s as well.  This would fit in well at tier IV instead of the Fw.189C Uhu.

The Ju.87G never carried bombs.  The airframe was already overtaxed carrying the 37mm BK pods.

ArrowZ_ #26 Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9005 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Nice GA line.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

1_Jack #27 Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

Master Sergeant

• 9411 battles
ROCKETS! ROCKETS! Where are the rockets, I need rockets, lots and lots of big mean rockets, lets do some ground pounding. Oh did I say please? Please may we have some rockets.

IvanSt #28 Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

Airman Basic

• 12042 battles
  • [-UFD-] -UFD-

View PostRaindrops, on 04 February 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

The T4-T8 GAs are good at hitting the fellow GAs - ILs are more in danger of hunting than ever - but at the same time, max-gunned, they are more than capable of farming like the ILs. ILs have an early-game advantage due to ordinance, but the Germans more than make it up in a long-term game. Hint: Focus on ships - destroying the center armored section takes the whole thing down in one pass.

Really, with exception of ordinance, (and thus bomb-killing annoying tails) ILs are outclassed in every measure - even in health, the Germans are only slightly behind.

Fully agree, just had a dogfight with Il-2 in Ju-87 - he did not have a chance. I think the power of this gun has to be reduced, it just does not make sense, it is just like unlimited rockets. 

Loogman #29 Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:00 AM

Airman Basic

• 8245 battles
I've found the german attack aircraft to be a bit too robust. they need to be more susceptible to existing GA weapons - it's a bit one sided in the current model.

MagusGerhardt #30 Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLoogman, on 15 February 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

I've found the german attack aircraft to be a bit too robust. they need to be more susceptible to existing GA weapons - it's a bit one sided in the current model.

Rock, paper, scissors.  They don't have to be susceptible to ILs; they are here to counter them.  German GAs are countered by mid to low altitude heavy fighters.

MagusGerhardt #31 Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:34 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Final notes on the line on the eve of the 1.7 patch release.

Tier IV; we need a Ju.87D with 20mm cannons here; at this point I don't care if it replaces the Fw.189C in the tech tree or comes in as a premium.  We need more Stukas!  Preferably a variety of Stuka that could carry a bomb or five.  The masses are already clamoring for a Stuka with a Jericho Trumpet siren and they haven't even been released yet.

Tier IV-VI:  Unnecessary research.  I've noted that several of the tailguns should already be unlocked by progress through the German heavy fighter line, like the MG-17 81Z.  There is absolutely no difference between this gun and the one on the Bf.110E, yet it needs to be researched again?  That is shoddy design and programming work.  I expect this to be corrected at some point in the future and the xp expended on this duplicate research to be refunded as free xp.

Tier V, VII, VIII, IX and X.  No tester/parade camo?  Seriously?  I must admit I wouldn't feel quite so insulted about this if it weren't for two inconvenient facts.  1.  The 1099B-2 and 1102B models have existed since before Closed Beta; there has been nothing but time to come up with parade camo for them.  2.  Every single aircraft in this line that does not have a parade camo (the only ones that do are the Fw.189C and the Ju.88P, and they look nice!) has a useless camo.  Why not take that useless camo and give it away as the parade/tester camo?  Saves you development time and immediately cures this complaint of mine.

Tier IV, VII, VIII, IX and X.  Insufficient individual bomb size and overall bomb capacity.  These aircraft carry no rockets at all, so immediate ground target liquidation ability is important.  The SC50s carried by the Fw.189C are not up to the task of dealing with tier IV-VI ground targets, nor are the tier V SC250s on the tier VII and higher capable of doing much of anything.  These bombs do not have the punch needed to wipe out GTs, nor do they have the blast radius to deal with a tailgater at the engagement ranges these aircraft will encounter with heavies and lights parking off their backside.  You have the SC500 in game, but it only appears on the tier V Me.210 premium heavy fighter; why is that?

That is the last bit of feedback I have for this patch, and even with all that I still can not wait to fly them on the live server.  I feel like it's Christmas Eve 20 years ago!

MagusGerhardt #32 Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:08 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I lied.  A "feature" of 1.7 escaped me because I did not move crew around on the CT.

WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD WAS THE "DISMISS" OPTION RETURNED TO THE HANGAR?

CREW DISMISSAL SHOULD ONLY BE POSSIBLE FROM THE BARRACKS TO PREVENT ACCIDENTAL DELETION.

THE POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTAL DISMISSAL MUST BE CURTAILED UNTIL WG FIGURES OUT HOW TO RESTORE LOST CREW AS THEY DO LOST VEHICLES.

ROLL BACK THIS CHANGE IN 1.7 AND DEMOTE THE RESPONSIBLE PARTIES TO COFFEE BOY.

dityboycom #33 Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
I bet you, it just went overlooked because they just took old code and started over.

WOW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users