• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #81 Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostElVaquero, on 11 February 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Not planning on playing 1.7 at all. The new sounds and marker system both suck and I'm tired of WG messing with stuff that doesn't matter while ignoring the stuff that does.

Well.  Bye.

Stuff to work on:

#1: Fine tuning NA MM to increase match sizes at the expense of 15 second queue waits.

This is something specific to the NA region and can't be expected to be part of patches focused on content for all regions.  Sorry, but the World of Wargaming doesn't revolve around NA, its problems, or the complaints of the NA users.  WGNA is doing what they can for us, evidenced by the 1.6.5 NA MM.

#2: More clan-based content and/or tourneys/competitive events

Says the player who not only is not currently in a clan, but has not been on any tournament team roster I have ever seen.

#3: More advertising to NA market to increase population

Agreed.  More advertising is needed, but only after the game is put in a condition where the first few hours of play will hook a new player.

#4-45: Other stuff.

Business, business business.  Numbers.  ~Is this working?~

#46: New sounds

We have new gun sounds and new impact sounds in 1.7.  I rather like them.

#99: New Marker system.

If you're not an attacker flier these changes don't affect you, anyway.  Carry on.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

ArrowZ_ #82 Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9005 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Your new innovation in Markers UI is bad and this took 3 months to implement? Considering the amount of hype that was mentioned in the NA blog. The previous default setting was better which accommodated much larger view ranges with no option to tamper with the settings and was probably for the best. Why dumb it down? Unless this is a nerf. Oh don't worry I'm quite aware of the "it's on early development" excuse. Inb4 it'll take another year to fully develop one major content. Clan wars anyone? 

Another over hyped content was the Training Room UI improvements. I really don't see much difference except the option to switch planes while in Que column, which you COMPLETELY ignored the filtering options, leaving the player to scroll THE ENTIRE CAROUSEL of planes in the hanger. Inb4 inflated hanger load times. I imagine this tiny little segment got rushed hard in development. Early development excuse incoming. Don't worry, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Oh yea, old MM mixed with low population in CT equates to 20-30min wait times. Fun.

Everything else is fine & that's putting it lightly. 1.7 is just another money grabbing GA line which is probably the highlight of this patch. Keep up the good work persha. You're doing great!

Edited by ArrowZ_, 12 February 2015 - 01:04 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

ElVaquero #83 Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7955 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 11 February 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostElVaquero, on 11 February 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Not planning on playing 1.7 at all. The new sounds and marker system both suck and I'm tired of WG messing with stuff that doesn't matter while ignoring the stuff that does.

Well.  Bye. Luckily it's not released yet. :D

Stuff to work on:

#1: Fine tuning NA MM to increase match sizes at the expense of 15 second queue waits.

This is something specific to the NA region and can't be expected to be part of patches focused on content for all regions.  Sorry, but the World of Wargaming doesn't revolve around NA, its problems, or the complaints of the NA users.  WGNA is doing what they can for us, evidenced by the 1.6.5 NA MM. True, but after the huge improvement they made in the current version, it's frustrating to not see that last bit of needed progress. They drove us almost all the way there, now we're just sitting in the car waiting to make it that last mile.

#2: More clan-based content and/or tourneys/competitive events

Says the player who not only is not currently in a clan, but has not been on any tournament team roster I have ever seen. Just left clan, actually, partially because dealing with the negative aspects of a clan without organized content is pointless. Clan or not, if I want to jump in a flight I can easily find one and thats about the only reason to join one at this point. I have flown against you in a player-organized contest, it was just pre-name change, and I haven't really seen anything else that didn't seem to be specifically for certain clans.

#46: New sounds

We have new gun sounds and new impact sounds in 1.7.  I rather like them. I know some people like these new sounds, that's why I didn't put it at #257 where I think it belongs.

If you're not an attacker flier these changes don't affect you, anyway.  Carry on. It's not a direct affect, but an affect nonetheless. Time and effort spent on things like this take resources from things that will draw the new population we need. I can't imagine hearing "Dude, you need to come back and try WoWP again! They fixed those markers and impact noises you quit over."

Edited by ElVaquero, 12 February 2015 - 02:04 PM.

dityboycom #84 Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
I agree with everything Elvaquero said. A ton of useless changes no one asked for, or cared for. Some may like them, but the marker system in particular is going to drive away more new players than it's not. Especially if they leave the default settings to seeing nothing until you're right on top of it.

WOW

Chaotic_Ink #85 Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:49 PM

Airman Basic

• 5165 battles

It logs me in fine, but then it says "Auto-detecting graphics settings..." and then the game crashes. any idea what's going on?

Merc85 #86 Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12882 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 11 February 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

If you're not an attacker flier these changes don't affect you, anyway.

But now i cannot get my marker to look different for enemies vs. my locked on target like I used to....even though when I'm in the settings I can see that they actually look different there but not in battle. What gives with that???

TheHuffpuff #87 Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4456 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Ok, so I finished all the missions on the CT, and here is my assessment on each one.

First, the Dangerous Stuff missions:

Part 1 (Shoot down 3 enemy aircraft and 10 Ground targets with the Fw. 189C):

This was pretty easy. The tier 4 German attack aircraft has Bombs, Great guns, and an awesome tailgunner, all 3 of which I got kills with.

This plane is going to be nasty when it hits the live server, and I plan on getting it. You need 4600 xp from the FW 57.

Part 2 (Shoot down 3 enemy aircraft and 10 Ground targets with the Ju. 87G):

This was a little more challenging. You lose your bombs when you get the Stuka (this variant didn't have bombs), and that made things a lot harder. After experimenting, I also suggest not using the 37mm cannons. They slow the Stuka down tremendously, are difficult to aim at planes, and can't even do much to hard targets. The 20mm cannons are a lot better.

This is one of the planes in the line I didn't like all that much.

Part 3 (Shoot down 3 enemy aircraft and 10 Ground targets with the Hs. 129):

This was the WORST of all the missions. In short, this plane sucks. No Tailgunner, bombs make you demount your primary weapon, and slow as molasses (the IL-2 is faster and outran me).

The only way I was able to get 3 air kills was through other players playing poorly. This is probably the worst plane in the line, and the Stuka should always be chosen over it.

Part 4 (Shoot down 3 enemy aircraft and 10 Ground targets with the Ju. 88P):

I LOVE this plane. Even though it still has no bombs, that 50mm cannon is just too much to pass over, and the tail gunner keeps on rocking it. The 50mm pops soft GT's in one hit, and rips through hard GT's like butter. But the best part about the cannon is hitting an enemy plane. If that plane isn't an attack aircraft, its an insta-derp (I one shotted a Mosquito). This is a plane I will be getting after it goes live.

Part 5 (Shoot down 3 enemy aircraft and 10 Ground targets with the Me 265):

Finally, at tier 7, you get bombs again (tier 5 sca 250)! (although these are the same bombs that you will have for the rest of the line, so meh). This plane can be researched from either the Ju. 88P (60,500xp) or Me 410 (for 67,500xp) and it is awesome. Per tier, I would say it is the best plane in the line. It was really easy to get the 3 kills 10 Gt's, and I highly recommend this plane.

Part 6 (Shoot down 3 enemy aircraft and 10 Ground targets with the Me 329):

This plane had more difficulty shooting down enemy aircraft than it's predecessor. It was still fairly easy to do, and the GT's were easy as usual, but this plane in particular struggles against IL-20's. The rear gunner on the IL-20 is too strong for this plane's liking. Overall, its still a very solid plane.

Parts 7 and 8 (Shoot down 3 enemy aircraft and 10 Ground targets with the Me 1099B-2 and Me. P. 1102B):

At this point in the game these aircraft are excellent dogfighters and can hold their own. The rear gunner is good, the guns are excellent, and it has boost to keep up with enemy fighters to a point. Even though I got 2 bomb kills at tier 10, the tier V bombs on this plane are still a problem, as they are way too weak for the tier. Other than that, the tier IX and X are solid planes.

Next, the Revenge missions:

Part 1 (Shoot down 3 German GAA with any USSR plane):

I only did this in USSR attack aircraft, and therefore have no idea as to how the fighters would do (I would expect not well). It wasn't easy at all; the German GAA's were always able to out do me in a fight (except in the IL-20) and I was forced to rely on bomb,rocket, and ram kills. The only plane that could compete at its tier was the IL-20 (that rear gunner). This was hard.

Part 2 (Shoot down 3 German GAA with any German plane):

This was probably the easiest of them all. The heavy fighters do an excellent job of taking out the German GAA, as do the German GAA themselves. Even the fighters have a chance of doing it with some success. This was easy.

Part 3 (Shoot down 3 German GAA with any British plane):

This took a while only because it was hard to find a battle that had any German attack aircraft. However, the British heavies (tier 8 and up) see very capable of getting the job done. I didn't get any experience with the light fighters, but I would expect them to have difficulty. This was moderately hard.

Part 4 (Shoot down 3 German GAA with any USA plane):

This was very easy with the USA heavies. This was very hard with the USA fighters. This stark contrast came to me at no surprise, because the US heavies have plenty of HP and firepower to kill attack aircraft, while the light fighters don't have enough HP and/or firepower to deal with them effectively. If a battle gets down to a German Attack Aircraft (minus the Hs. 129) vs. a US light fighter, the German attack aircraft will win 9 times of 10. This was easy or hard depending on how I did it.

Part 5 (Shoot down 3 German GAA with any Japanese plane):

I hated doing this. Tier 7 and below doesn't have enough firepower, while tier 8 and above doesn't have enough HP unless you engage while at full. What's worse, at tier 8+ I found my plane being OUTSPED by the German Attack Aircraft I was pursuing! There is a reason why the Japanese planes are considered the worst in the game, and this only further exemplifies that. The was extremely hard.

In conclusion all the German attack aircraft (Minus the Hs. 129) are very solid planes to play, and most fighters and USSR attack aircraft will have difficulty shooting them down.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Edited by TheHuffpuff, 14 February 2015 - 07:06 PM.

Autolycus7 #88 Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9207 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 12 February 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Especially if they leave the default settings to seeing nothing until you're right on top of it.

This has been a major problem with development from the moment I started playing in CB. Zero consideration of how horrible defaults turn players away from a game they could otherwise enjoy will never be a good thing. Please, put more thought into this.
Mountains are OP. Nerf plz.
Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
Dignum laude virum Musa vetat mori, cœlo Musa beat.

FlakValleyExpress #89 Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• 11948 battles

Missing unconverted XP's on German Tree for the FW57. There should be 15 XPs left over showing in the tree and there is nothing there. It is not a cache problem.. A ticket has been open in tech support.

Edite: sorry thought this was release 1.7 thread.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 19 February 2015 - 05:18 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

crimedogny #90 Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:56 AM

Airman Basic

• 7670 battles
  • [-DCO-] -DCO-
I am having an issue of post battle results not coming up and not in the notifications.  It has been happening once in a while now tonight three times in a row.  Drivers are updated, windows updated and computer rebooted.  Do you know what is going on?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users