• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

Merc85 #61 Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_

- Flying the new German GAAs is going to be fun I think, at least many of them

- The new maps look good/fine

- I hate the new marker options system...what the heck was wrong with what we had.  What is the purpose of the "preview distance" setting?  And no matter what I do this setting never gets changed no matter how I try to save the change I made to this preview distance slider.

- Also, how can I change these setting to display the name of the pilots in the enemy planes?  I must be very dense since I cannot find this setting.

- Did I say I hate the new marker options system....what a total waste of dev and programmer time imo.

P.S.  Playing on the CT server really helps me remember how much I like the NA "gunlion" MM......it's such a pleasure to play quick matches and have a variety of plane types and tiers in them....now if we can somehow get the match sizes a little larger on our server.

Edited by Merc85, 06 February 2015 - 05:23 PM.

Sojo #62 Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMerc85, on 06 February 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

- Flying the new German GAAs is going to be fun I think, at least many of them

- The new maps look good/fine

- I hate the new marker options system...what the heck was wrong with what we had.  What is the purpose of the "preview distance" setting?  And no matter what I do this setting never gets changed no matter how I try to save the change I made to this preview distance slider.

- Also, how can I change these setting to display the name of the pilots in the enemy planes?  I must be very dense since I cannot find this setting.

- Did I say I hate the new marker options system....what a total waste of dev and programmer time imo.

P.S.  Playing on the CT server really helps me remember how much I like the NA "gunlion" MM......it's such a pleasure to play quick matches and have a variety of plane types and tiers in them....now if we can somehow get the match sizes a little larger on our server.

Agree on all points, especially the markers.  The "preview distance" is ANNOYING when you can't see a marker for a plane that's already lit on the map, and the marker draw distance does seem to be buggy (or at least the configuration interface is impenetrably confusing).  It's an unnecessary and unwelcome hindrance to situational awareness, and another attempt to fix something that wasn't broken.

What's especially annoying is that the one aspect of markers that did need improvement -- the ground target markers -- is not configurable.  It would be SO NICE to be able to adjust the visibility/transparency/color of GT markers, but instead... this mess.  Edit:  OK, the option is there but the UI is just confusing.

Edited by Rock18, 06 February 2015 - 06:35 PM.

Merc85 #63 Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_

View PostRock18, on 06 February 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

Agree on all points, especially the markers.  The "preview distance" is ANNOYING when you can't see a marker for a plane that's already lit on the map, and the marker draw distance does seem to be buggy (or at least the configuration interface is impenetrably confusing).  It's an unnecessary and unwelcome hindrance to situational awareness, and another attempt to fix something that wasn't broken.

What's especially annoying is that the one aspect of markers that did need improvement -- the ground target markers -- is not configurable.  It would be SO NICE to be able to adjust the visibility/transparency/color of GT markers, but instead... this mess.  

Rock,

While I haven't tried doing it since I got so frustrated just trying to adjust the plane target settings, I see a place to click for ground targets as well.  Once you click it I think it will let you set up GTs any way you want.  Again, I haven't tried it, but just saw the circle where you could click to do so. 

Sojo #64 Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMerc85, on 06 February 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Rock,

While I haven't tried doing it since I got so frustrated just trying to adjust the plane target settings, I see a place to click for ground targets as well.  Once you click it I think it will let you set up GTs any way you want.  Again, I haven't tried it, but just saw the circle where you could click to do so. 

Whoops.  Hadn't seen it there before.  I would have expected there to be a "ground" button on the left hand side, didn't think it would be configurable by plane type.

Merc85 #65 Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_

View PostRock18, on 06 February 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

............................... I would have expected there to be a "ground" button on the left hand side, didn't think it would be configurable by plane type.

Come on now...it's WG.....why do something simple and easy and then leave it alone when you can spend critical dev/programmer time to make it very complicated.   :amazed:

orca49 #66 Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25 battles
  • [-ACT-] -ACT-

First, i like the new sounds and improved graphics.   The new maps are really good and will provide some new strategies.  i am glad we are getting the new GA on the German tree, however i hope more will follow during the year or so such as, American P47, P61, or even the B25 or 26.   The Japanese could use some love too in the GA area as well as the British in the future.  It would be cool to see what you guys come up with.  Those new range settings will make it more of a challenge to see targets early, so i guess knowing the maps really well will help (landmarks).  The new planes were all great to fly and to see how they stack up against other plane types.  I was a little disappointed to see that the bomb load for these planes were light or non existent (Hs 129, Ju87, and the Ju88). Historical reference i suppose, but then again their speed and maneuvering ratings were better than i thought they would be. To conclude, i think you guys have done very well getting this out there and I look forward to seeing it live in game soon.  Keep up the hard but good work.

A knight in shining armor is a knight who has never had his metal tested....For your armor after battle tells the story of who you truly are. 

sig.png

A knight in shining armor is a knight who has never had his metal tested.

For your armor after battle tells the story of who you truly are.

Sixkiller #67 Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Post7thArmoredCavalry, on 02 February 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

I couldn't log onto WOWP 1.7 server. It comes back with wrong username/password after a brief login attempt. Username/password work on WOWP 1.6.5  and WOT 9.5. Did removal and clean install per https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/364/19/world-of-warplanes-17-public-test-crashes-when-launched just to make sure. Nojoy. I still can't logon. NA player only. Did not get Connection Interrupted. 

I have the same issue.

Cuesta_Rey #68 Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I cannot see the target markers for enemy aircraft or ground targets until I am almost right on top of them. Very frustrating glitch in this patch. If it's not fixed, there will be lots of unhappy players.

Also, have seen random occurrences of fire coming from my fuselage with no fire from enemy AA or enemy aircraft, no damage. Not a big deal, but annoying.

Merc85 #69 Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_
GhostPrime, could you please tell me how to set the new marker settings such that I can see the names of the enemy pilots?  Thanks.

Edited by Merc85, 08 February 2015 - 06:17 PM.

FastAttack #70 Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

the target marker things are annoying as hell. 

I can't preview or select the target until I am like on top of them. I am hoping this is a bug , because if its here to stay. I am probably going to shift my clan somewhere else.

I haven't been able to play since Dec 17th and to me this is the death of this game to me.

Merc85 #71 Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_

View PostFastAttack, on 08 February 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

the target marker things are annoying as hell. 

I can't preview or select the target until I am like on top of them. I am hoping this is a bug , because if its here to stay. I am probably going to shift my clan somewhere else.

I haven't been able to play since Dec 17th and to me this is the death of this game to me.

FastAttack,

"Annoying" is an understatement that's for sure.  I cannot get it back to how I had it in 1.6 no matter how much time I spend on it......utterly ridiculous.  Why would WG spend resources on something as unimportant as this when there are so many more urgent issues to be addressed?   It's not only that they spent critical resources on a low priority issue but also they made it worse and virtually impossible to use.  How bad is that.   :facepalm:

I sure feel for you not being able to play......and the fact they can't fix it. 

Good luck...hopefully when the 1.7 patch occurs it will fix your problems.

Edited by Merc85, 08 February 2015 - 06:17 PM.

Cuesta_Rey #72 Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [VULCN] VULCN
Why hasn't someone from WG come on this thread to say, "yes, we have a glitch here with the target markers and we're working on a fix."?

ViolentAngel #73 Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View Postdoublespook, on 08 February 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

I cannot see the target markers for enemy aircraft or ground targets until I am almost right on top of them. Very frustrating glitch in this patch. If it's not fixed, there will be lots of unhappy players.

Also, have seen random occurrences of fire coming from my fuselage with no fire from enemy AA or enemy aircraft, no damage. Not a big deal, but annoying.

The workaround is to switch from imperial to metric.  There are a few threads already discussing this. Hope they fix it before release, or at least very soon after.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/36281-metric-to-feet-conversion-bug/

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

Cuesta_Rey #74 Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostJekyll_n_Hyde, on 08 February 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

The workaround is to switch from imperial to metric.  There are a few threads already discussing this. Hope they fix it before release, or at least very soon after.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/36281-metric-to-feet-conversion-bug/

Ohhhh...

I'll log on and try that. Thanks!

nativekiller #75 Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

im missing a tier 2 plane and i dont have any goods

GouIdy #76 Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View Postnativekiller, on 08 February 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

im missing a tier 2 plane and i dont have any goods

Your test server account is a copy of your main account from roughly 30 days ago.

twinn #77 Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 36 battles

The Stuka needs bombs. It was a legendary dive bomber.

Other than that, the new planes have been a great deal of fun to fly. The new German Attack birds offer a good counterpoint to the Russian IL types. The ME's fly air to air so well that they are frequently drawn away from their ground attack mission.
The new maps are an improvement also. Keep up the good work.

Oldprop #78 Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I'm a bit curious regarding the really varied number of players on in the morning & evening. I'm on the East coast NA & from 8am-10am, 150-350 players(mostly EU/RU) & in the evening, after 7pm, 50-175 players(50/50 EU/NA). It seems quite low overall with all the posts regarding the anxiousness to get into CT. What gives?

Op

***  "A mans' word is his honor.....without honor, there is nothing."  ***

***  I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Constitution & Flag of the USA.  ***

dityboycom #79 Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostOldprop, on 10 February 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

I'm a bit curious regarding the really varied number of players on in the morning & evening. I'm on the East coast NA & from 8am-10am, 150-350 players(mostly EU/RU) & in the evening, after 7pm, 50-175 players(50/50 EU/NA). It seems quite low overall with all the posts regarding the anxiousness to get into CT. What gives?

Op

It's the test server and has already been out for more than a week. Everyone did what they wanted to do in the first few days. I'm sure the population will peak again now that it's updated. This is why they implemented achievements for playing on the test server to encourage more play on it.

ElVaquero #80 Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Not planning on playing 1.7 at all. The new sounds and marker system both suck and I'm tired of WG messing with stuff that doesn't matter while ignoring the stuff that does.

Stuff to work on:

#1: Fine tuning NA MM to increase match sizes at the expense of 15 second queue waits.

#2: More clan-based content and/or tourneys/competitive events

#3: More advertising to NA market to increase population

#4-45: Other stuff.

#46: New sounds

#99: New Marker system.

Edited by ElVaquero, 11 February 2015 - 08:10 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users