General CT 1.7 feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #21 Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

Captain

• 16 battles

Block Quote

There is an issue preventing players from logging into the test server. It appears to be affecting individuals who have accounts (using the same email address) across multiple servers. We're working toward a resolution as quickly as possible.

I get this for the log in

Spoiler

I am open a tech support ticket. Does anyone have a clue when this situation will be fixed?

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

x_WARHOG_x #22 Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Hate the new markers options its just to much crap to try and adjust please for the love of god leave the markers alone..................

Sneaking up on your six.....................

Parisienne #23 Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostRock18, on 02 February 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

As pointed out earlier, the Common Test is common to all regions and did not get the NA-specific MM that was implemented recently on our server.  

I will not answer the first response that was made to my MM concern, nor will I respond to that player in general.

However, Rock I like to know how do you know that with 1.7 the recently NA specific MM will not be removed? 

Is WG not going to touch our MM when 1.7 goes live? Or are they going to throw 1.7 at us with the overseas MM and then change it back to what we have now or is it possible to realese 1.7 without touching the MM? 

GunnRdog #24 Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Even though it the Common Test is common to all regions and did not get the NA-specific MM, it shouldn't take such a long time to get into a match with all the people that are in the que.

_Warchylde_ #25 Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 03 February 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Hate the new markers options its just to much crap to try and adjust please for the love of god leave the markers alone..................

^^^

THIS!!!!

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Merc85 #26 Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 03 February 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

For sure.  What the heck is wrong with our current marker system?  Why spend resources to "fix"/"change"/"improve" something that is okay as is?  And to make it worse we all now have to redo all our marker settings after being used to the ones that work just fine for so long?  Come on WG....

HZero #27 Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Bugs:

The after death camera bug is back in a new form - now I switch to a new aircraft but can not switch to any others beyond the one I am first given after death.

The sound bug is back, where gun sounds disappear entirely and engine sounds are amplified.

General feedback:

New markers were a waste of time.  Nothing wrong with the old ones and if  there were, pilots could configure them to taste. 

New maps are good, I enjoyed them.

Old maps that still need serious overhaul - that crap you now call National Park, which is the worst of all the maps.  Fjords, which continues to spawn for low level planes when it should not, and is far too subdivided and hidden by the canyons.

While I appreciate the new line, the lack of new premiums is sad.  How does WG think this game will survive if they do not provide the players with opportunities to fund it?

Specific German ground attack line proposals are posted here.

Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

RedExcalibur #28 Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Agreed. New markers are a step in the wrong direction, especially the inability to turn the alternate mode on and off. Please remove this "enhancement." :sceptic:

I enjoy the Province map so far, although I've only played it from a GAA perspective. I've only gotten Observatory once so I'll have to withhold judgement for now.

BitterClinger #29 Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Post7thArmoredCavalry, on 02 February 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

I couldn't log onto WOWP 1.7 server. It comes back with wrong username/password after a brief login attempt. Username/password work on WOWP 1.6.5  and WOT 9.5. Did removal and clean install per https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/364/19/world-of-warplanes-17-public-test-crashes-when-launched just to make sure. Nojoy. I still can't logon. NA player only. Did not get Connection Interrupted. 

I'm having this same problem. I have submitted a support ticket.

dityboycom #30 Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBitterClinger, on 03 February 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

I'm having this same problem. I have submitted a support ticket.

The support ticket will be responded with "tough luck, we don't officially suport the test server, better luck next time!" just as it did last CT. This problem effects about 20% of users, and they don't know why.

to be exact this is what will be said

Unfortunately, we are limited in our ability to assist with test server difficulties, as it is not officially supported.

Previous players have stated that using an older password has worked for them, but we are unable to provide you with old passwords.

We apologize that we are unable to be of more help in this regard, but we hope that you continue to enjoy World of Warplanes despite this difficulty.

Edited by dityboycom, 03 February 2015 - 06:22 PM.

MagusGerhardt #31 Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

---------------------------
Critical Error Occurred
Runtime error (0xE06D7363) at 0x7551C42D
EntityType::init: Could not load module Account.py

Private build: 193680

Please send the C:/Users/Brian/AppData/Roaming/wargaming.net/World of Warplanes CT/logs/150203_112108.dmp and the last log to developers

You can press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

Anyone else see this?  I can't even get to the login page; game crashes out to this on initial loading.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

dityboycom #32 Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:33 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 03 February 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Critical Error Occurred

Please send the C:/Users/Brian/AppData/Roaming/wargaming.net/World of Warplanes CT/logs/150203_112108.dmp and the last log to developers

OK   

Anyone else see this?  I can't even get to the login page; game crashes out to this on initial loading.

Did you do a fresh install?

MagusGerhardt #33 Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdityboycom, on 03 February 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Did you do a fresh install?

I would assume so.  This is the first time I've participated in a CT.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

dityboycom #34 Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 03 February 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

I would assume so.  This is the first time I've participated in a CT.

Well being your first time this question is not as dumb as it sounds. Did you make sure you installed the test client in a separate location from your live client?

SOGRick_Cranium #35 Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

Pro's:  

I like the new marker adjustability but the Imperial/Metric BUG must be fixed.  Also probably should make sure the "Default" setting is matched to the legacy appearance or make a "Simple" and "Advanced" toggle.

Didn't notice any changes in the flight mechanics, but I will have to fly a bit more to really know this one.

EDIT:  Love that T6 german GA with the 50mm, air mounted artillery... and if you hit a plane... boom!

Con's:

They don't have our MM.  This is the worst, Balance = Boring and our MM is lightyears better with quick, unbalanced, interesting, FUN matchups.  Please for everyone's sake, don't change our MM with this 1.7 update.

Fix the Imperial/Metric BUG as it impacts target view distance.  I fly with Imperial and it is almost impossible with this BUG.

I'll try to edit/add more as I play more on the CT.

DH

Edited by SOGRick_Cranium, 04 February 2015 - 01:36 AM.

BuubyTrap #36 Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TG] TG
I am one of the players who cannot log in to the CT. Would someone be so kind as to post a screenshot of the German GA tech tree? I would like to know which branch it follows so that I can start building up XP for it.

dityboycom #37 Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBuubyTrap, on 03 February 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

I am one of the players who cannot log in to the CT. Would someone be so kind as to post a screenshot of the German GA tech tree? I would like to know which branch it follows so that I can start building up XP for it.

http://forum.worldof...le-for-viewing/

4000 xp on the FW57

50,000 xp on the ME 410

Merc85 #38 Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 03 February 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

Critical Error Occurred

OK   

MG, I think this is the same thing we discussed in another thread (http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/36251-general-test-170-update-ct-server-to-go-live-info/) and T_Y suggested the following:

"go to \Games\World_of_Warplanes_CT\res_bw\scripts\common\

rename json.pyc to json.bak

game works fine"

This fix worked for me.

And if that line isn't in your CT game folder as described, GeorgePatton said he just copied it over from his regular game file and then changed it as suggested. 

Edited by Merc85, 03 February 2015 - 07:36 PM.

Oldprop #39 Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I had no trouble downloading or logging on to my hangar. Had a bugger time setting up JS again & got some semblance after 10 BOT matches. In game.....CRAPPY!  Ping between 200-400; at times, on Battle loadup, black screen & disconnect; Just as the game starts, within 10sec, black screen;  when watching battle after getting shot down, all scenery went to a double-shadow;  waited 4-5min to get all 1v1 in T2-3;  PATHETIC!!!!!!!  MORE OF THE SAME CRAP!!!!!  Adios.....

Op

***  "A mans' word is his honor.....without honor, there is nothing."  ***

***  I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Constitution & Flag of the USA.  ***

BuubyTrap #40 Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TG] TG

View Postdityboycom, on 03 February 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

http://forum.worldof...le-for-viewing/

4000 xp on the FW57

50,000 xp on the ME 410

Thank you!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users