• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

dityboycom #41 Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

Colonel

• 10236 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postoldiowaguy, on 29 January 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

I'm offended that you are offended!

Very offensive that you would be offended from offending me, I too am offended by such a statement.

View Post209, on 29 January 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Yes Sir and its boring just like tanks is boring. Love my Planes. Tanks on Water !!!

Oh, I couldn't tell.

oldiowaguy #42 Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15674 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

But I am offended that you find it offensive that I be offend that you are offended!

Duvious #43 Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9315 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Oh geez, look what I started......sigh.  LOL thanks dity.

Mind_Eraser #44 Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29563 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

Oh well. Guess so much for the clan update as it never worked for me.

Worked fine in the past, but not since you had to purchase gold to change it/ or this free time

I guess thanks for nothing

Azis_ #45 Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12404 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
I am having no luck either. Since I am not the only one having the issue, I don't see what good a ticket would do.
rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Azis_ #46 Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12404 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

I have submitted a ticket however have not had a reply yet.

Anyone else having these issues submitted a ticket?

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

MARS_REVENANT #47 Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:04 AM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Since this even it ending today and there has not been more of an explanation or response to peoples questions, can it be extended?

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

StallingForTime #48 Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

Airman Basic

• 11228 battles

My Google search was "WOWP - Creating a clan insignia"...  WHY MUST EVERYTHING IN THE FORUMS BE SO DAMNED DIFFICULT TO FIND??????

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO UPDATE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!

Create means create and not change.

The forums search engine is a pain in the [edited]!!!!

Entering this search term >>> "Creating a clan insignia" yields this result.... ZERO, NADA NOTHING!!!!

"One or all of your search keywords were below 3 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."     So I rewrite the search term to this COMMON SENSE DERIVATIVE >>  "Creating clan insignias" AND GET THIS [edited]RESPONSE!!!!!  >>  "No results found for 'creating clan insignias'."

So I ask again   And the [edited]require us to make 50 posts before we can submit any ideas for the developers!!!!!! Well here is one of my ideas!!!!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ADD TO A TOPIC OF INTEREST IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE DAMNED TOPIC!!!!

WHY MUST EVERYTHING IN THE FORUMS BE SO DAMNED DIFFICULT TO FIND??????

MAKE YOUR FORUMS SEARCH ENGINE COMMON SENSE USER FRIENDLY!!!!

StallingForTime #49 Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

Airman Basic

• 11228 battles

I dropped the disallowed one character word "a" and rewrote the search "Creating clan insignias" and it too yielded NOTHING!!!

WHY????   >>> No results found for 'creating clan insignias'.

GouIdy #50 Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18617 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostStallingForTime, on 18 August 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

My Google search was "WOWP - Creating a clan insignia"...  WHY MUST EVERYTHING IN THE FORUMS BE SO DAMNED DIFFICULT TO FIND??????

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO UPDATE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!

Create means create and not change.

The forums search engine is a pain in the [edited]!!!!

Entering this search term >>> "Creating a clan insignia" yields this result.... ZERO, NADA NOTHING!!!!

"One or all of your search keywords were below 3 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."     So I rewrite the search term to this COMMON SENSE DERIVATIVE >>  "Creating clan insignias" AND GET THIS [edited]RESPONSE!!!!!  >>  "No results found for 'creating clan insignias'."

So I ask again   And the [edited]require us to make 50 posts before we can submit any ideas for the developers!!!!!! Well here is one of my ideas!!!!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ADD TO A TOPIC OF INTEREST IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE DAMNED TOPIC!!!!

MAKE YOUR FORUMS SEARCH ENGINE COMMON SENSE USER FRIENDLY!!!!

View PostStallingForTime, on 18 August 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

I dropped the disallowed one character word "a" and rewrote the search "Creating clan insignias" and it too yielded NOTHING!!!

WHY????   >>> No results found for 'creating clan insignias'.

#1    It's called a "clan emblem"

#2   Try the forum search tool

#3    Instead of using the forum just to rant maybe try asking a question, most likely someone will be able to help you out.

Edited by GouIdy, 18 August 2017 - 12:36 PM.

TeamTerrible #51 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 46083 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGouIdy, on 18 August 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

#3    Instead of using the forum just to rant maybe try asking a question, most likely someone will be able to help you out.

​Exactly!!

Forum support is 1,000 times more effective than contacting the people who should be able to answer any question

Most of us are more than happy to help but don't cry us a river or you'll get the opposite

StallingForTime #52 Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:32 AM

Airman Basic

• 11228 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 18 August 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

No results found for 'creating clan emblems'.

LIKE I STATED!!!! WHY MUST THE FORUM SEARCH ENGINE BE SUCH A PAIN IN THE BEHIND TO USE???

But thank you for trying. And when I submit a customer support ticket; they tell me to go to the forums with the useless search engine!!!! which is why I submitted a support ticket in the first place!!!!
And whenever I do manage to get search results, most of the time the topic is locked and it is impossible to ask any question... So here is my driving me nuts (because I can't find the answer) question:
Where can I find the step by step instructions on how to create a clan emblem to include what acceptable format causes the fewest problems and what program is needed to create that format for submission?
Again... STEP BY STEP AS IF TELLING SOMEONE HOW TO DO EVERY PART OF THE PROCESS FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME without all the shortcut fluff of meaningless acronyms!!!!
And of course the where and how to submit the emblem once it is created.
Thank you. (I hope... because customer support gave me a link that brought me right back here). Catch 22 at it's finest!!!!!
And if you'll notice; there is nothing in my avatar ( I don't even have a clue how to put anything there because I don't do any social media sites). So is it any wonder I am looking for step by step instructions to include every single step and nothing supplanted with meaningless  (to me) acronyms..
As a side note... I specifically asked in my customer support ticket - "What programs are used to create the proper format for the emblem and they responded by telling me what the entirety of the acceptable formats are without even mentioning a single program to create any of those formats, and I am quite certain there are programs that are easy to use as well as programs that are painstakingly difficult to learn to use, so does anybody have an idea which is what I would be comfortable using as my least "buggy" first attempt at clan emblem creation?

Edited by StallingForTime, 24 August 2017 - 01:16 AM.

GhostPrime #53 Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostStallingForTime, on 23 August 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

No results found for 'creating clan emblems'.

I apologize for your experience with support, and the forum search engine. 

In order to create a clan image you have to either have an image already. If you want a transparency (Any image that's not a square) you will need to make sure its in .png format for thr transparency to work. 

Jpeg, or GIF are also supported, although the transparency may not work. Again a square image is best. 

Only the clan leader is able to modify or create the emblem. 

a good image editing program thats free is "gimp"

You can find that here:

http://www.gimp.org/

The Images have three different sizes. The largest is 128 pixels by 128 pixels. 

Your avatar can be changed by going to your Profile page here on the forums, and clicking the "Change" button that appears when you hover over the image with your cursor. Once you do that a box will appear and you will see a couple options

The "Browse" button will allow you to choose a file from your computer, and the "import" button will allow you to import a URL (Web address for an image)

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Oberhessen #54 Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

Airman Basic

• 545 battles
  • [KRTS] KRTS
Hey Stalling, feel free to contact me if you need help with creating a clan symbol.

StallingForTime #55 Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

Airman Basic

• 11228 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 24 August 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

I apologize for your experience with support, and the forum search engine. 

In order to create a clan image you have to either have an image already. If you want a transparency (Any image that's not a square) you will need to make sure its in .png format for thr transparency to work. 

Jpeg, or GIF are also supported, although the transparency may not work. Again a square image is best. 

Only the clan leader is able to modify or create the emblem. 

a good image editing program thats free is "gimp"

You can find that here:

http://www.gimp.org/

The Images have three different sizes. The largest is 128 pixels by 128 pixels. 

Your avatar can be changed by going to your Profile page here on the forums, and clicking the "Change" button that appears when you hover over the image with your cursor. Once you do that a box will appear and you will see a couple options

The "Browse" button will allow you to choose a file from your computer, and the "import" button will allow you to import a URL (Web address for an image)

Thank You!!!!! For once somebody has given me basic information to start with. Thank you again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users