Joe Noob

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

SOJO #41 Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostAtraVentus, on 09 December 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Awww, such kindness from the mouth of the Fire Lord....

I've only ever seen shooting like this once... a long, long time ago in Tier II-III... The poor pilot kept overcorrecting and firing wildly. To me, it looked like they were a keyboard player... As in no mouse... As in whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?

Overall, when this happens, I choose to have my little giggle and not really mock the player outright, just appreciate the gift of comedy they granted me... While asking my teammates to go over and put the pilot out of their misery and help.

Thanks Atra!

You are correct Sir,

I tend to be a little grumpy sometimes, (hush DRACS)  I believe the frustration just stems from some players failing to grasp the most rudimentary simple aspects of the game, but they fail to do so, Like a person aimlessly crossing a busy street failing to look both ways before they get struck by a Hugh moving bus, they for some reason fail to see or hear it, not moving at all to get out of the way.

The ignorance and stupidity will never fail to aggravate me, BUT, I am restraining myself from cussing out the inept whilst in game (Chat) ; it’s like an alcoholic who has stop drinking but is invited to a beer fest the very next day. (The temptation is overwhelming)

I petitioned the DRACS administration to institute "Cussing Sobriety Chips" 30 day - 60 day etc.; I am on Day 3.

Edited by Sojo, 09 December 2014 - 04:09 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

SOJO #42 Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostSHreDDed__WhEaT, on 08 December 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

Im sure this guy plays in many games with the same window-licking fun.  Why in the heck do people like this not stay in lower tiers to learn the game???

There’s no restrictions to say they can’t, A cat will die from drinking anti-freeze per-se, but it still drinks it if they are allowed to do so.  They don’t know any better.

Edited by Sojo, 11 December 2014 - 12:13 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

dityboycom #43 Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
I still stand by the philosophy, that you don't get better unless you challenge yourself. Staying at lower tiers longer will only limit your development as a pilot in this game. Doing that you will end up one of these guys with 5000 - 10000 battles who still struggle.

mullyman #44 Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 38 battles
Once in a while I will get bad pings and lag and that is exactly what I look like  :)
mullyman.png

MagusGerhardt #45 Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmullyman, on 09 December 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Once in a while I will get bad pings and lag and that is exactly what I look like  :)

I thought that maybe was the case here, but if this pilot was lagging badly enough to cause the poor aim and other issues it would have been enough lag to force a lawn dart at the altitudes he was flying at.  Treetops were higher than his cockpit a few times.

The most logical and kindest explanation would be a pilot who had just recently changed their control setup or were still messing with it, be it a change from mouse and keyboard to something else or just tampering with the control slider customizations.  The less kind explanation is someone who is failing their way to the top or just free xping their way up the line and not bothering to really learn how to do anything along the way.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Verishady #46 Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
Jeebus, I guess you all just go out and drown puppies or take kiddies candy on the weekend in between your fight for the pixel skies. I'm a freaking terrible pixel pilot, but I have been very lucky to fly with some great ones. So...by all means if you feel that your life is ever so tough that you all have to give lesser skilled pixel pilots a hard time about playing a FREAKING GAME! A GAME! Please get over it. Life is way too short and precious to go out of your way to make fun of any one person or group.

Edited by Levenbrech, 10 December 2014 - 05:30 AM.

MagusGerhardt #47 Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:34 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLevenbrech, on 09 December 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Jeebus, I guess you all just go out and drown puppies or take kiddies candy on the weekend in between your fight for the pixel skies. I'm a freaking terrible pixel pilot, but I have been very lucky to fly with some great ones. So...by all means if you feel that your life is ever so tough that you all have to give lesser skilled pixel pilots a hard time about playing a FREAKING GAME! A GAME! Please get over it. Life is way too short and precious to go out of your way to make fun of any one person or group.

Well Autolycus7 had the good taste to conceal the pilot's name, preventing accusations of a name and shame.  I got my entertainment from the video, made a few good-natured comments and left it at that, suggesting a few viable explanations to explain what we just saw without casting aspersions on the pilot featured in the video.

As someone else already said, mockery and making fun is part of gaming and will never go away.  Autolycus7 did a very good job here of providing entertainment fodder while at the same time protecting the identity of the innocent/guilty.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Verishady #48 Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
Innocent is right! This person is trying to play and have fun, and people are tearing that apart to make them feel better. Is it right? No, but they will continue to do it to make themselves feel better about their own short comings...hiding behind their computer. The fact that he/she hid the pilots name does not matter one bit. My comments are directed at all, not just one. I will not comment further as I believe I've made the point I was trying to convey.

Edited by Levenbrech, 10 December 2014 - 05:58 AM.

GouIdy #49 Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostLevenbrech, on 10 December 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

View PostLevenbrech, on 10 December 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

Innocent is right! This person is trying to play and have fun, and people are tearing that apart to make them feel better. Is it right? No, but they will continue to do it to make themselves feel better about their own short comings...hiding behind their computer. The fact that he/she hid the pilots name does not matter one bit. My comments are directed at all, not just one. I will not comment further as I believe I've made the point I was trying to convey.

Calm down man! Have you ever watched a video of someone on say Funniest Home Videos or maybe youtube where they do something that makes you laugh? Nobody is personally attacking anyone here, it's just a video made and posted for the community here to maybe get a little laugh. No-ones feelings should be hurt here as the player remains anonymous.

Toggle #50 Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4696 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLevenbrech, on 10 December 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

View PostLevenbrech, on 10 December 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

It was you, wasn't it?  Come on, admit it!  It was you!

SourHammer #51 Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostToggle, on 10 December 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

It was you, wasn't it?  Come on, admit it!  It was you!

:hiding: wasn't gonna say it but ,,,,,

dityboycom #52 Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Well that definitely escalated quickly.

Autolycus7 #53 Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:57 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles

View PostLevenbrech, on 09 December 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

Then your comments are directed at me, too? I don't recall tearing them apart. All I did was state facts, from the fact that I'd never seen anything like it before to the fact that the identity wasn't so-and-so. Is it the placeholder name "Joe Noob" for the title to which you object? Bear in mind that I'm in a clan called Noobcakes. One of our customs (#4) is to admit everyone is a noob, including us. Heck, I wasn't even in this match. The replay just came to me through the grapevine.

The negativity others wish to project in order to raise their own self-confidence is their problem. I respectfully ask you not lump the rest of us in with them.

Mountains are OP. Nerf plz.
Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
Dignum laude virum Musa vetat mori, cœlo Musa beat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users