Rudder pedals?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Olaffe #1 Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

Why do you use them? More immersion into the game, makes it more fun?   

Do you play the game better with rudder pedals?

ParanoiaXtreme_PRX #2 Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1203 battles
I would imagine it would be easier and more fun to play with rudder pedals. I say easier mainly because I tend to make unwanted yaw movements when banking.

RedSpartacus #3 Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I don't know if you need rudder pedals but I got them for my flight simulator. So I use them quite from the beginning of playing WoWP.

It really helps me when aiming on a target that crosses my view laterally. A joystick with Z-axis should do the same.

It also feels more natural when flying a plane.

Imagine playing a race car game with wheel and pedals compared to mouse and keyboard.

RUN WITH THE PACK

DrSinister #4 Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:30 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Controlling Yaw helps a lot for various reasons, but most sticks today have a twist handle which you can use Yaw on, so the need for pedals is not needed.  

As for right now I do not use my pedals, because I have played with JS Twist Axis with WoWp for almost 2 1/2 years now and trying to retrain my muscle memory to use my feet to yaw is giving me issues.

But when I was using the Pedals you can jerk the stick X or Y without worrying if you are adding Yaw to your maneuvers.  I felt that I can control my maneuvers even more when its separate from the joystick. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users