Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - Toe-Break Axis

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RedSpartacus #1 Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/19438-saitek-pro-flight-rudder-pedals-glitchy-toe-break-axis/page__hl__%2Bsaitek+%2Bpro+%2Bflight+%2Brudder+%2Bpedals__fromsearch__1

I don't know if this is the correct way to reference to an archived article. But this problem still exists and I would like to know if someone has found a solution for it.

RUN WITH THE PACK

DrSinister #2 Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I have same pedals and same 3D pro, easiest way is to just map the Z Axis (Yaw) in game with the Pedals (w/o touching the toe break axis), then re map the X and Y on the Stick (w/o touching the pedals at all).

Never had an issue with mapping the Pedals + Stick.

Only other issue would me that Windows is giving the same controller ID for the Stick and Pedals, but that should not be happening.

Edited by DrSinister, 18 November 2014 - 01:08 PM.

Chuck_norris10 #3 Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2197 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostRedSpartacus, on 18 November 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/19438-saitek-pro-flight-rudder-pedals-glitchy-toe-break-axis/page__hl__%2Bsaitek+%2Bpro+%2Bflight+%2Brudder+%2Bpedals__fromsearch__1

I don't know if this is the correct way to reference to an archived article. But this problem still exists and I would like to know if someone has found a solution for it.

I have the older pentium 2 era CH pro pedals and controls but cant use them with new rigs unless I did some serious rewiring for plugs.I may invest in a newer version if they work ok with this game.

DrSinister #4 Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 18 November 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

I have the older pentium 2 era CH pro pedals and controls but cant use them with new rigs unless I did some serious rewiring for plugs.I may invest in a newer version if they work ok with this game.

Is it the old Game Port connection??

You could try this adaptor:  

http://www.newegg.co...CFaNj7Aod_T4Azg

Not sure if the game port cable from the device is female, because this is a male end. 

Chuck_norris10 #5 Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2197 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostDrSinister, on 18 November 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

Is it the old Game Port connection??

You could try this adaptor:  

http://www.newegg.co...CFaNj7Aod_T4Azg

Not sure if the game port cable from the device is female, because this is a male end. 

That's the same adaptor as I have for my old 3dpro joystick which still works.

I never thought to see if it was the same.

My yoke has one 15 pin male.The rudder has a female JS plug,and a male aux. and gameport plug and all the same 15 pin gameport type plug.

So I take it the JS plug connects to the JS plug on the rudders which leaves me with the Aux. and gameport plugs left. So if I can set this rig up with just 2 adapters that would be sweet.

RedSpartacus #6 Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 18 November 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

I have same pedals and same 3D pro, easiest way is to just map the Z Axis (Yaw) in game with the Pedals (w/o touching the toe break axis), then re map the X and Y on the Stick (w/o touching the pedals at all).

Never had an issue with mapping the Pedals + Stick.

Only other issue would me that Windows is giving the same controller ID for the Stick and Pedals, but that should not be happening.

That solved it, thank you very much. I was always looking at the signal correction dialog and totally ignored the other screen.

If someone else has similar problems, once you've mapped the axis you can go to the signal correction dialog and double check if axes are working as expected.

RUN WITH THE PACK

DrSinister #7 Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:36 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRedSpartacus, on 18 November 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

That solved it, thank you very much. I was always looking at the signal correction dialog and totally ignored the other screen.

If someone else has similar problems, once you've mapped the axis you can go to the signal correction dialog and double check if axes are working as expected.

NP man, I am glad they are working now.  

And for the original guy in the older thread, it sounded like he/she had some faulty pots that were moving even though the stick or pedal was not being touched, which would cause their issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users