• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

Styo #21 Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 40 battles
  • [-NK-] -NK-

View PostTraurig_Yoda, on 04 November 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

This is a waste WG isn't going to change how they've been doing their games because someone is worried about their numbers being low. Let them focus on something that actually matters. 

This. 

If some players are scared to show their stats because they are bad, well then improve. Practice makes perfect. There are tons of videos/guides out there to help you out. 

nobody Knows

dityboycom #22 Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postubeahurtin, on 04 November 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Please note, the original suggestion is not to make stats unavailable to the individual for themselves. Of course they are important to the individual. You are arguing my own point, Lost. What is not important is that I know what Lost's stats are. For what? Knowing your stats in no way helps me be a better player.

Dem some sick stats, bro.

WinRate: 61.44%
Rate: 2.81 AA: 3.30
Battles: 1136 GA: 0.27
Survived: 44.2% Squad: 2.64%

Donnchadh #23 Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

View Postubeahurtin, on 04 November 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Would like to suggest that pilot's stats be removed from public view. Retain the ability for each pilot to see and track their own stats, but not other player's stats.

The benefit to the company would be that individuals whose stats are below average would not be the subect of public humiliation and perhaps as well prevent those with higher (or lower) stats from being targeted. This may help improve the faltering, declining population and encourage more people to play the game which we need badly (as does the company).

What kind of problems could/would be caused if such an idea was implemented?  

Unless (implausibly) ubeahurtin is your real name, there is no "privacy" issue, and nothing "public" here.

BTW, the purple creature is not an actual image of me. I'm not nearly as handsome.

Donnchadh.png

Traurig_Yoda #24 Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I think the main reason folks have issues with their stats being public is the lack of end game. Play WOT and you'll see guys post "this is why I don't play pub matches" when they lost, they expect play like they see in clan wars and leave pub matches when they don't get it, nowhere to go to here, trash talk ensues and such.

Edited by Traurig_Yoda, 04 November 2014 - 05:42 PM.

ubeahurtin #25 Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Going to give a lttle anecdotal story here...when I first started playing this game, noticed there was a certain pilot (whose name I shall not reveal) who played in many, many matches. Very good and always shot down more than his share of enemy planes. Now, I could look up his stats and confirm what I already knew, that he was an outstanding player, but for what? To what end? That he's a good-great player? Already knew that. Same thing holds true for bad players. It's evident in the games. Why look it up? 

So far, have only read one cogent reason expressed as to why the current stat system needs to be in the game; that being there is some usefulness in the so-called future clan wars. There is not however, any rationale associated with how exactly those numbers are important to clan wars. In the final analysis, isn't it, you either won or lost as a team?

All other reasons are just nah-nah, go get better kind of statements. Nonsense.

dityboycom #26 Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postubeahurtin, on 04 November 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Going to give a lttle anecdotal story here...when I first started playing this game, noticed there was a certain pilot (whose name I shall not reveal) who played in many, many matches. Very good and always shot down more than his share of enemy planes. Now, I could look up his stats and confirm what I already knew, that he was an outstanding player, but for what? To what end? That he's a good-great player? Already knew that. Same thing holds true for bad players. It's evident in the games. Why look it up? 

So far, have only read one cogent reason expressed as to why the current stat system needs to be in the game; that being there is some usefulness in the so-called future clan wars. There is not however, any rationale associated with how exactly those numbers are important to clan wars. In the final analysis, isn't it, you either won or lost as a team?

All other reasons are just nah-nah, go get better kind of statements. Nonsense.

I saw quite a few members post quality responses to your theory, much better than your contradicting theory on why they should be removed. Give us one direct correlation to stats and the lowering number of users in the game. As everyone else said, the game is built around it's stat system. With out the stats, people are just playing to play. If you have never been on the internet before, there is a huge website called twitter. This website people literally post useless 150 character sentences or not bout some useless crap going on in their lives because they think people want to know.

The stat system is much like the twitter of this game, to those who love it, it is everything, to casual players it is nothing, to players like myself it's interesting but I couldn't care less. I don't see how any of those classes of players would benefit from it being removed.

ubeahurtin #27 Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 04 November 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

The original post had to do with hurt feelings, no with strategy. It no reason enough to hide stats cause someone's feelings get hurt. 

If we fly against each other in a match, you knowing my stats is not going to make you a better player. Whether you are good or bad totally depends upon you do or fail to do, not my stats.

dityboycom #28 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postubeahurtin, on 04 November 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

If we fly against each other in a match, you knowing my stats is not going to make you a better player. Whether you are good or bad totally depends upon you do or fail to do, not my stats.

If we fly against each other in a match, I wouldn't know your stats. Why? I'm not looking them up, nor do I have any mods installed. I do not care, as I'm sure most other's do not care. However, there is a vast amount of players who do care and to them that part of the game is everything. This is the community you're trying to isolate and call the demise of the game, however those individuals are the very people keeping this game alive so guys like I have someone to fly against.

IamJMan999 #29 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Even face book has stats.. "Likes"

Tonzzo #30 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

Captain

• 717 battles

Why is the most basic things in WoWp need to be so different the WoT?

WoT has a MM and I never have to wait more then 5min for a battle.

WoT has stats and I use the stats of others to determine where I need to improve and who is the biggest threat on the battle field.

WoT has clans...  Oh NVM forgot....  Soon....

WoT has strongholds...  wait what's that?

WoWp has battle versus bots.....  If stats are a issue maybe you should try flying there....  They don't have stats and the results are never recorded other then the little missions and badges....

WoT is succeeding while WoWp is clawing to stay above ground.....

Don't take it the wrong way...  Many people have suggested no 2 tier spread....  The old MM would have fixed this once the population grew... We get long waits that result if short battles now....  Thanks MM (Odd why are so many leaving)....   They suggested allowing new players to not face experienced ones.  This went from less then 500 battles to less then 1000 and with all that it has only made less then experienced pilots meeting experienced ones afterword's...  It has lead to a MM that makes you wait more then 5min for a 5ish on 5ish battle that is over in less then 5min....  Because of this it has caused many people to stop playing all together.  It has made a game where the queue times are so long that even if you play the same amount of time as before the MM debacle compared to the current MM you are lucky to get in half as many games as you would have...  Fact is while the game improves as far as content...  The game MM "mechanically speaking" was better at release a year ago then it is now.....

Not saying your wrong just saying these "suggestions" are what is causing the issues we already have....  This is a game where the objective is to shoot down aircraft and win the battle....  Anything that hinders your ability to grow as a pilot only holds you back from ever truly enjoying this game....

dityboycom #31 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostIamJMan999, on 04 November 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Even face book has stats.. "Likes"

When we gonna flight up? I need you to share some of your stats with me, kthx.

losttwo #32 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postubeahurtin, on 04 November 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

Would like to suggest that pilot's stats be removed from public view. Retain the ability for each pilot to see and track their own stats, but not other player's stats.

The benefit to the company would be that individuals whose stats are below average would not be the subect of public humiliation and perhaps as well prevent those with higher (or lower) stats from being targeted. This may help improve the faltering, declining population and encourage more people to play the game which we need badly (as does the company). 

View Postubeahurtin, on 04 November 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Please note, the original suggestion is not to make stats unavailable to the individual for themselves. Of course they are important to the individual. You are arguing my own point, Lost. What is not important is that I know what Lost's stats are. For what? Knowing your stats in no way helps me be a better player.

Public humiliation ?

Targeted ?

Knowing someone else's stats ?

We can go round and round on these points.

This doesn't not measure a man nor a player nor should any individual really care about stats.

I do understand what you are saying and there are many people that miss interpret the stats.

The miss interpretation of course is a thing based on age and maturity.

If you were not concerned about stats then this post would not exist, if it did not bother you in some form or fashion

such as your being publicly humiliated, perhaps the delusion of being targeted. For what ever reasson.

Then this post would not exist.

Hyronimod ( spelling ) is perhaps where you should be directing your main idea and whether or not it is detrimental to the outcome of a match.

Again even with that it is a choice to download and implement.

losttwo #33 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Now I am wondering if we can direct our attention to more relevant main topics of discussion.

Such as BUG fixes.

Crashes

Ramming

Map optimization ( El-Halluf )

Multi- core threading

BEFORE I FORGET

MATCH MAKER of all things improtant

dityboycom #34 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
I think they're Quasi addressing the MM in this 1.6.1.1

Zapperguy #35 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postubeahurtin, on 04 November 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

No, that knowledge won't make anybody a better pilot, but if you are a highly-skilled, highly-rated pilot with a high win percentage then you are a bigger threat than somebody with a low rating and low win percentage. That knowledge is valuable in planning strategy for the game. There is a mod which gives you this information in-game. It is publicly available free-of-charge to anyone who wants it on the forum. Because you choose not to use it, then you think nobody should because you don't like it? I don't care about my own stats one iota (one of the reasons I'm not compelled to join a flight), but I like to be aware when I am in the presence of greatness in a battle before I get slaughtered by them.

If anyone is truly bothered by someone picking on them about stats, then I see the following options available to them:

• Grow a thicker skin and don't be bothered by internet strangers' comments
  • Practice more and improve your piloting skills and your stats
  • Stop playing online games

I don't think public stats are ever going away, but WG staff, feel free to post here to tell me I'm wrong.

:honoring:

Ruklukk #36 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Stats are obviously relevant to the upper echelon players (I won't say tier because many of the people with the best stats like to pad them at T2) because the most used mod is Hryunomod. I've heard some experienced pilots in PT say they feel "blind" without it. I was sad when I saw the game encouraged this type of modding and contemplated quitting because I see 3rd party alteration of a stock game as cheating. That people refuse to play on the same field as everyone else is a sign of inadequacy from the start. If everyone doesn't have it then no one should. But hey, that's just one guy's opinion. Obviously WG disagrees with me so I don't cry about the people who can't play a simple arcade shooter without someone else coding them assistance.

I wish there wasn't a listing of opponents. Would rather just run in to planes in the sky than knowing who is out there. Radar should be MUCH less effective. The funny part is that the mods make it so the better players are even better. Further expanding the separation of new and experienced players. The larger the gap the less inclined new people are to even try reaching for the chalice. Couple that with a player base that appears "cantankerous" on its best days and the population, or lack of, is explainable.

My only problem with the game right now is the MM. Fix that and I will be able to just play like before (see 1.4 and 1.5 even).

losttwo #37 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:41 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I just realized.

The stats are not available for public viewing.

They are only viewable by people that

KNOW WOWP has a stat page

KNOW who you are in relation to reality

KNOW or care who you are in relation to reality

I in my thinking out of the box point of view feel that it is VERY PRIVATE cause only WOWP players would even care to look the stats up.

Not a single person has yet to laugh or ridicule me as I walk down the street. Nor have they been on the evening news.

However my wife did say if they drop below 60% she is buying me a dog house to sleep in.

Edited by losttwo, 04 November 2014 - 06:44 PM.

ElVaquero #38 Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

OK, for the sake of argument, remove stats.

Bad players are still bad, still get popped quick, and still get called out for making mistakes.

Good players are still targeted because people recognize their names, or the fact that they're in a flight with names we recognize, or because watching them fly for 10 seconds tells you they know what they're doing.

YAY, the game is fixed.

SOJO #39 Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postubeahurtin, on 04 November 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

Oh, I see, as if in real life those special people that are idiot enough to drive 45 mph in a 65 mph zone get flipped off or someone is riding their bumper by multitudes of people because they can’t drive worth a crap but still retain valid driver’s license; States should create a designated special lane so their feeling won’t be hurt (THE “I CAN'T DRIVE WORTH SH*T LANE, Please don’t yell at me). 

So in comparison someone that can’t play this game worth crap; Wargaming should make special rules so they won’t get their feelings hurt even though they are allowed to participate on the same playing field as others, just as idiot drivers are allowed to cause good drivers road rage because of their incompetence.

Good players already get punished enough, can’t even enjoy lower tiers because of the whiners who can’t even ascertain or manage a 45% win percentage.  A good flight has too wait 3 to 6 minutes on average for a match so they can be matched against unwinnable odds because it takes match maker that long  to look for a few good players due to the overabundance of substandard players to give them a helping hand. I’m surprised these people don’t have a dedicated a** wiper at home, god help them if they get a little poopy on their hand, what would they do.

Sometimes ridicule is helpful, cuddling people is detrimental.

I fear for the Human Race.

Edited by Sojo, 04 November 2014 - 11:13 PM.

ubeahurtin #40 Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

If I was a brand new pilot, just starting this game again, there are some stats I would like to know.

*What aircraft were the most successful pilots flying?

*What pilot skills did the most successful pilots select, and in what order?

*What ammo type were the most successful pilots using?

*What percentage of successful pilots use premium fuel?

I could make the list go on, but each individual pilot rating would be somewhere on the bottom if at all. What seems (to me) as important stats are unavailable from the hall of fame as far as I know.

WG can do with the suggestion whatever they will. I knew going into it, it would not be popular with many of those who post on the forum. So be it. Different opinions don't bother me. It's what makes the world go 'round.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users