Vacancies!

MM 1.5 1.6 matchmaker WG

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

IamJMan999 #1 Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:04 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles

Alright, So its nearly a full year after release and I have read countless threads on these forums to likes of "How long does clans really take to implement?", "Why is there such a delay between patches?" " who's running this thing?" and mostly " If I messed up that big at my job I would be fired".

First I will state that I believe WG really is doing a decent job at the what they are "trying to do" and that is create a "world-of-war" suite of titles that will all be interlinked in some way. Per Gunlion it seems our WOWP clans will be linked to our WOT tanks clans and we should assume then that they will be linked in the future with WOWS. We know that WOT's is done by WG studios in minsk, and WOWP is done by persha studios in Kyiv, I can only imagine that whatever WG has planed for the NEW linked clan system that this is something that always was going to take quite a bit of time developing it between 2 studios. (seeing as how it has taken a very long time, I'm sure issues have arose along the way. But isn't someone at fault here?

For WOWP there have been so many threads about poor patches, lack of patches, and what appears like a huge disconnect between the DEVS and the playerbase; to that I give a small pass and that is due to the conflict that is and has been for months happening in that region. I'm sure that if many of us lived down the street from that and had to try and go to work every day that we may find it difficult to focus and put 100% towards our work on a daily basis.

Finally what in the flippin' world was 1.5? I am the sort of person that tries to always remain level headed, calm, and look at all sides before spouting off emotionally but I found 1.5 had me staring off a cliff towards spending my time and money forever elsewhere from WG. (deep breathe) I agree with "someone should lose their job" for what has transpired with 1.5. Yes 1.6 has largely erased the issues from 1.5, but not after seeing over half our population give up.

So this is where I say ok ladies and gents, lets just be patient and wait for WG to add onto 1.6 with more improvements, clans, more lines, Fixxed MM, and the like, but then I saw this today. https://wargaming.co...#!vacancy=22489 I started thinking a bit.

So while looking for any news I could find about WG, I began browsing their career page (not like I even have experience/training in that field anyways but I digress) I had sort of an epiphany of sorts. Here it goes - In NA WG has 31 open positions. In EU WG has 30, Asia has 7, Ausi has 7, and RU has 96.

It's really Kyiv with 16 openings and Minsk with 72 openings that I focused on. With WOWS coming on I'm sure they are adding a few positions there, and with WOT's, blitz, and 360 im sure that some more positions are being created to cover the growing expansion of those games but what about WOWP? Well there are a few OPEN positions within Minsk that caught my eye - Lead QA (quality assurance - 1.5 anybody?, project manager (web), another product manager, system analyst, and another 7 senior positions. At Minsk these caught my eye - Senior HR manager, publishing producer for WOWP.

I'm not saying that all or even any of the positions that I listed weren't newly created, or that the previous person left on there own, but what I am saying Is that it definitely seems to be that these specific positions are currently vacant due to do the failure of WOWP's. There are many more QA positions listed for Minsk but I would only assume that the lead position from Kyiv would be directly related to *couch 1.5 *cough.... The one that actually tied it all in for me and actually made me laugh was the Senior HR manager..

So what does this all mean? Nothing really, I just wanted to give my thoughts and opinions not just on the current condition and game play of WOWP, but also on WG as a bigger picture, so.... If that Senior HR Manager position is vacant for a while in Minsk and has any correlation with Kyiv, then it might be a while till our "beloved" WOWP studio is back to fully staffed with programmers, and those much needed QA guys, so I guess all we can do is just sit back, hang tight, and be PATIENT™ .

vuuduu #2 Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10437 battles
  • [FK] FK

Well, the game itself is also currently filled with vacancies, since no one can play thanks to MM.

-lol-

Myself, I'm glad you posted this. There is hope that the people that eventually fill those vacancies may be competent.

...look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky...

IamJMan999 #3 Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
Thank you vuuduu, I only posted this because I want there to be hope that those that are in charge of WG are aware that WE are unhappy with the product, and in turn WG is unhappy with those responsible in putting out the product.

PhineasPhreak #4 Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6750 battles
Excellent sleuthing!

vuuduu #5 Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10437 battles
  • [FK] FK

If this shakeup is big enough, and thorough enough, it could possibly be the point at which the game is turned around.

If the money behind the project is pissed enough to purge employees like it seems to have done, it would stand to reason that things will change. Whether they change for better or worse really depends on who they insert into the empty slots.

But, I know if I were the money behind the whole thing, you can be damn sure the empty holes would NOT be filled with the same type of employee that has given us the current fiasco.

There's no other word to describe this game, and the cycle of events that have brought us to today.

Fiasco.

I STILL say they should pull a Domino's Pizza and just get it over with.

...look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky...

Also tagged with MM, 1.5, 1.6, matchmaker, WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users