Mad Catz Cyborg FLY 5? How is it?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MikeyBugs95 #1 Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 39 battles

Does anyone have or had the (Saitek) Mad Catz Cyborg FLY 5? I'm thinking of buying it and so far I'm sold on it. I'm just wondering if anyone here can provide some feedback on it. How's the quality? The accuracy? How does it hold up to use? Etc. Thanks. 

Tonzzo #2 Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Looks pretty nice....  Anyone using this in WoWp?

_flaps_ #3 Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2896 battles
I used this very control for about 2-3 months, until the the trigger snapped off at the base where it joins the body.  Overall a really nice control but built just too cheaply.  It's too light, and could be built more solid.  It was under the warranty still when I broke it and I must say their customer service was spot on.  They either fixed it or replaced it but it was like new when I got it back.  That said, it was too expensive to risk another break and I moved it on before I could break it again.  The buttons were located nicely and I used more of them compared to the Logitech Extreme 3D that I use now.  The throttle control was perfect, it never lost it's feedback.  The customization on the handle means you can fit it like a glove.  It was uncomfortable just to hold while playing, lots of plastic edges cutting into my hands when trying to hold it.  My solution was to get one of those padded lapboards and rest it angled against the desk.  I may just be too ham-fisted so good luck if you try it.

MikeyBugs95 #4 Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:04 AM

Senior Airman

• 39 battles
Well, luckily I have small(er) Hands so I'm thinking I might use it with the stick fully compressed. I don't generally mash the buttons all too often so I'm hoping it'll last awhile. I might *try* to connect my old joystick and see what happens. Not enough buttons on it but it I can use it I could have it to tide me over until I can get a new stick.

MikeyBugs95 #5 Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

Senior Airman

• 39 battles
Ok, I just got a Mad Catz Cyborg FLY 5 (FLY X) in today. Have to test it out now. It feels like a solid joystick so far.

Pogo68 #6 Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18467 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postflaps_max, on 28 October 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

I used this very control for about 2-3 months, until the the trigger snapped off at the base where it joins the body. 

Just seeing the way it connects to the body, i figured that would be one of the first things to break.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

K3VL4R #7 Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 442 battles
  • [DHO3] DHO3
I have one, works very well...little stiff but adjustable...but apparently WIN10 just updated and bounced the old drivers to it...(that would work) and Saitek hasn't upgraded theirs for Win 10 

A Wingman is only allowed to say three things: "Two", "Bingo", and "Lead, ......you're on Fire"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users