World of Warplanes Update 1.6

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

RedTankerOne #41 Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
This is a question in general about AA guns, ground or ship.  I think I have noticed that the AA fire once locked on a plane never seems to miss the target.  I can roll the plane or drive or climb and the aa fire always seems to hit the craft until it is out of range or blocked by a object..  

dityboycom #42 Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostRedTankerOne, on 24 October 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

This is a question in general about AA guns, ground or ship.  I think I have noticed that the AA fire once locked on a plane never seems to miss the target.  I can roll the plane or drive or climb and the aa fire always seems to hit the craft until it is out of range or blocked by a object..  

Yes, they mentioned this a few weeks ago. It's not worth it to attempt to avoid it as their accuracy is high, however they do miss. It was advised to make a straight get away rather than maneuvering.

aGGraVaTOr_NeT #43 Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [RETRO] RETRO

View Posthonorabili, on 24 October 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

The new patch is awesome. All planes fly more realistically (less arcade-like), accuracy is up a LOT, ground attack planes guns work way better, and game performance is way better. On my desktop (a proper gaming desktop) it stayed about the same and on my light gaming laptop (uses AMD APU A8) performance has improved substantially!

Good job on this patch!

What game are you playing? Because you are one of the few that thinks its better. MM is still BORKED, 1.4 MM was much better.

The controls are still have that "digital /notched" feel. They ruined the sounds of guns / engines / etc. Twisted the Tech Tree like a pretzel so you cant cross train in premium planes that you USED to . . .  :amazed:

Really, what game are you playing??

WapperJaw #44 Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

Very disappointed with 1.6 update!!!
Now the MM appears to be even worse now! It has passed me by not letting me in a match up to 4 times so far today a number of times and this is when there plenty in the Q. This is absolutely ridicules! To wait over 7-10 min for a game is just a joke in a t5 plane. Now the avg wait time is about 5 minuets and it does not matter what your plane you flying. I'm serious when I advise u (the tech support) to look for another job if this happens to other players this game is not going to last! I don't think they did a dam thing to the Q with this update. People don't want to wait that long to play ... particularly if they're paying customers. You can add new stuff and new planes, new effects and win all sorts of awards ... but it's not going to matter to people that are waiting this long to play. If they don't know how to fix it than put back the old MM. This is terrible man. In War Thunder avg. wait time is less that 1 min. I will definitely not be buying any more premium that I wanted to in 35 more day's or recommending this game till I see the avg. wait time go to less than 2 minuets. In 35 more days the game will be a open now for a year. I don't think people will be renewing either ... i see less and less people playing now and that's too bad because I like the game but the MM is it's down fall. 

(Edit this to show another example that I sent to tech support today)

I sent this to tech support today  ... I can't post the pic's that I sent them ... but this is how I explained the pic's to show the frustration of what's happening  ... etc.

Now when looking at this not quite sure of how the matches were set up. I entered the Q with a T4 A6M1 Zero. But just looking at T4 .... we can get an idea. (see pics)

Shot_007 ... 18 are in the Q at 0:35 Time

Shot_008 ... 10 are in the Q at 0:55 Time. 8 have left the Q into a match ... etc. Passing me by along with 7 others.

Shot_009 ... 18 are now in the Q at 2:36 Time.

Shot_010 ... 20 are now in the Q at 2:49 Time.

Shot_011 ... 12 in the Q showing that 8 left for their match at 2:52 leaving me along with 12 other for the 2nd time.

Shot _020 ... 20 are now in the Q at 4:31 Time.

Shot_021 ... 7 leave the Q for a match (perhaps only 6 went in the match ... 1 person my have just left for tired of waiting) there is now 13 in the Q at 4:40. Left behind again for the 3rd time.

Shot_022 ... 13 still in the Q at 4:41 Time

Shot_023 ... 6 are now in the Q at 4:52 Time. Again left behind ... the 4th time.

Shot_028 ... 12 are now in the Q at 5:49 Time.

Shot_030 ... finally in the match at over 6 min wait time 2 left the Q just before the match so 10 was still in the Q when it put me in a match with only 2 on 2 ... now I'm just pissed off!!! Waiting all that time when there were plenty in the Q to have a better match. 

Again this is really pissing people off doing this crapall the time ... if this is what's intended ... then I advise you to get a new Job!!! Again I will not renew any premium in this game and I don't think I'm the only one that's upset. I will post this on the forum but I really don't think anybody is paying attention to it for I see many members complaining about the MM and in chat inside the game. We were expecting a fix for the MM and it seems to be even worse.

Edited by WapperJaw, 24 October 2014 - 09:06 PM.

_Warchylde_ #45 Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

LET US FLY!!
LET US FLY!!

LET US FLY!!

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

ClAibigail #46 Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 58 battles

as always I'm having fun.

Thank you WG! for the new patch and the new content.

hellcat2222 #47 Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 71 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
If all there is to talk about for this patch is that they brought back the carrier line, I think the developers really need to understand what an actual new idea is.  And changing "Carrier" to "multi-role" does nothing, and I shouldn't mention that "multi-role" is a very modern concept.

yanquidawg #48 Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:25 AM

Airman Basic

• 125 battles

MIG-15 at low altitude was more maneuverable, and flew with heavier armament. It couldn't beat the F-86 at higher altitudes.

I'd rather MM went back to 1.4. Might get shot up by a higher tier, but at least I wasn't wasting time sitting in a queue for 31/2 minutes.

Engine and gun sounds, lord they stink.

Honestly WoP. It's making the game less enjoyable.

iSTINGER__ #49 Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

The only good thing I found was my planes are more stable; everything else blows. All my fave planes are buggered but without decent matchmaking it doesn't matter anyways does it. MM is broke like there's no tomorrow!

From what I'm reading in game chat, the arena's will be a desert soon.  I think it will be a quick death however.

:medal:

Pogo68 #50 Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postyanquidawg, on 25 October 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

MIG-15 at low altitude was more maneuverable, and flew with heavier armament. It couldn't beat the F-86 at higher altitudes.

Reverse I think.

The MiG-15's routinely flew higher than the F-86's and would usually attack by diving down on the F-86.

The MiG was marginally more maneuverable than the F-86 at high altitudes.

They were faster climbing,

The F-86 handled better at lower altitudes, they could dive faster, and their guns were faster firing and had more accurate gun-sights

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Craiguar #51 Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostWapperJaw, on 24 October 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Very disappointed with 1.6 update!!!
Now the MM appears to be even worse now! It has passed me by not letting me in a match up to 4 times so far today a number of times and this is when there plenty in the Q. This is absolutely ridicules! To wait over 7-10 min for a game is just a joke in a t5 plane. Now the avg wait time is about 5 minuets and it does not matter what your plane you flying. I'm serious when I advise u (the tech support) to look for another job if this happens to other players this game is not going to last! I don't think they did a dam thing to the Q with this update. People don't want to wait that long to play ... particularly if they're paying customers. You can add new stuff and new planes, new effects and win all sorts of awards ... but it's not going to matter to people that are waiting this long to play. If they don't know how to fix it than put back the old MM. This is terrible man. In War Thunder avg. wait time is less that 1 min. I will definitely not be buying any more premium that I wanted to in 35 more day's or recommending this game till I see the avg. wait time go to less than 2 minuets. In 35 more days the game will be a open now for a year. I don't think people will be renewing either ... i see less and less people playing now and that's too bad because I like the game but the MM is it's down fall.

(Edit this to show another example that I sent to tech support today)

I sent this to tech support today  ... I can't post the pic's that I sent them ... but this is how I explained the pic's to show the frustration of what's happening  ... etc.

Now when looking at this not quite sure of how the matches were set up. I entered the Q with a T4 A6M1 Zero. But just looking at T4 .... we can get an idea. (see pics)

Shot_007 ... 18 are in the Q at 0:35 Time

Shot_008 ... 10 are in the Q at 0:55 Time. 8 have left the Q into a match ... etc. Passing me by along with 7 others.

Shot_009 ... 18 are now in the Q at 2:36 Time.

Shot_010 ... 20 are now in the Q at 2:49 Time.

Shot_011 ... 12 in the Q showing that 8 left for their match at 2:52 leaving me along with 12 other for the 2nd time.

Shot _020 ... 20 are now in the Q at 4:31 Time.

Shot_021 ... 7 leave the Q for a match (perhaps only 6 went in the match ... 1 person my have just left for tired of waiting) there is now 13 in the Q at 4:40. Left behind again for the 3rd time.

Shot_022 ... 13 still in the Q at 4:41 Time

Shot_023 ... 6 are now in the Q at 4:52 Time. Again left behind ... the 4th time.

Shot_028 ... 12 are now in the Q at 5:49 Time.

Shot_030 ... finally in the match at over 6 min wait time 2 left the Q just before the match so 10 was still in the Q when it put me in a match with only 2 on 2 ... now I'm just pissed off!!! Waiting all that time when there were plenty in the Q to have a better match. 

Again this is really pissing people off doing this crapall the time ... if this is what's intended ... then I advise you to get a new Job!!! Again I will not renew any premium in this game and I don't think I'm the only one that's upset. I will post this on the forum but I really don't think anybody is paying attention to it for I see many members complaining about the MM and in chat inside the game. We were expecting a fix for the MM and it seems to be even worse.

I

I agree completely! I saw it mentioned in the release notes that MM would try to keep new players separated from more experienced ones to help them out. However, this is making it nearly impossible to get into a game with any low tier plane! So how are we supposed to level up a new tech line now?? and what about any low tier premiums we may have?? I understand you are trying to attract new customers WG, but you can't dump on your loyal PAYING customers to do it!! Fix this FAST or you've received my last dollar, and I've spent plenty. I think many would agree

LTCPhilKnoxUSARET #52 Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 50 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
These 5 to 10 minute wait times even for low tiers is seriously annoying.  This is occurring with 600 plus in the population.  It also seems that matchmaker is giving priority to flights.  The wait times with 20 plus players in a tier is ridiculous.  the game is practically unplayable under the current matchmaker.  I do commend you on some of the changes in 1.6, but you need to fix the matchmaker.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users