CT 1.6 Matchmaker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Matchmaker (28 members have cast votes)

Has the number of ground attack and heavy fighters been less excessive per team?

1. Yes, there is a more proportionate number of each plane class now. (7 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. There still seemed to be more HF/GAs per team, compared to fighters. (2 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. It was impossible to tell due to the low population on the test server. (19 votes [67.86%])

Percentage of vote: 67.86%

Did you see a more even spread of tiers across teams?

1. There was a balance between the number of planes 1 and 2 tiers lower than the top tier planes in battle. (19 votes [67.86%])

Percentage of vote: 67.86%

2. There seemed to be more planes 1 tier lower than the top tier planes in battle, and less planes 2 tiers lower. (8 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. There were still more planes 2 tiers lower than the top tier planes during battle, versus the number of planes 1 tier lower. (1 vote [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Did flights appear to be better balanced?

1. In the flights that I saw on the Common Test server, the Matchmaker attempted to balance them out as best as possible. (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. In some battles I noticed an uneven number of flights per team, where an even number of flights could have been created. (3-to-1 or more) (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

3. I was unable to test this on the Common Test server due to the lack of number of flights. (20 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Hide poll

gunlion #1 Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

Community Manager

• 0 battles

The following changes have been made to the Matchmaker:

• Fix for the problem when battles were created with an excessive number of Heavy Fighters or Attack Aircraft in each team.
  • Fix for the problem where there would be no aircraft of one tier lower to the top tier plane in the battle, but a lot of 2 tiers lower.
  • Improved algorithm of flights balancing
  • Probability of entering the battle as a top or medium tier plane was aligned.
  • New players will be getting into the battles with other beginners for a longer period of time before being matched up with more experienced players.

As always, please let us know your feedback. 

ParanoiaXtreme_PRX #2 Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 198 battles
  • [SF] SF

Well, there goes my daily seal clubbin', ah well... i suppose it's rude to take advantage of the less experienced players in the game. Just one question Gunlion, I was able to get two of my friends to start playing World of Warplanes and are VERY new. if i were to flight with them, would i be dragging them up into more experienced player battles, or will they draw me down to less experienced.

Thank you for the hard work you guys are putting into the game. And so far, i am very pleased with just about all the changes that have been made.

Marith29

losttwo #3 Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postgunlion, on 13 October 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

• New players will be getting into the battles with other beginners for a longer period of time before being matched up with more experienced players.

As always, please let us know your feedback. 

I know this is meant for the CT testers to voice comments.

But I feel this will be an extremely welcome addition.

Allowing for those that enjoy flying the lower tiers the chance at still flying with out worry of the newcomer.

Some of us do tread lightly when we are down there....now I can just go GUNS A BLAZING.

Ens #4 Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

never mind 

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Ens, 14 October 2014 - 03:37 AM.

BrushWolf #5 Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:33 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Couldn't get a standard match at 11:00 PM CST.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

AmeleeofAirparts_ #6 Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Here were my impressions of the new matchmaker:

This was for two separate battles at tier 8, with a J7W1.  Also pay attention to what kind of match the first one resulted in (as well as how many players were in the queue right before that point).  Also, if you don't like taking the time to watch all of it, think of how little players would like to wait through it.

Please apply dirt, rocks and trees to your aircraft sparingly.

I have this theory that loudly ticking clocks can be wound with massive blunt objects.  By striking the clock with great force the energy would transfer into the gears, not unlike winding it.   I plan on testing this someday.

BrushWolf #7 Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
The original MM worked fine up to tier 7 as the top tier. Where it started breaking down was when tier 8 was the top tier with many of the tier 6's being dominated in all aspects by the 8's or in the case of the jets so dominated in speed that they had no chance to do anything against them. Basically up to tier 7 the changes in the planes tended to be incremental allowing the lower tier to compete but once you get to the last three tiers those changes become giant leaps to large for the down tier planes to have any real chance in an encounter without the high tier making a mistake. I feel they really need to be a little less worried about perfect balance in the matches below tier 8.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

BrushWolf #8 Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Ok, I am able to get matches today and as far as I can tell the 1.6 MM is just as bad as the 1.5 version. It constantly makes short matches when there are more than enough to make a full match in the que. The MM needs to look at 12 vs 12 as the minimum target match size. This 5 vs 5 crap has to go.

Russian Proverb

Cuesta_Rey #9 Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostBrushWolf, on 14 October 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Ok, I am able to get matches today and as far as I can tell the 1.6 MM is just as bad as the 1.5 version. It constantly makes short matches when there are more than enough to make a full match in the que. The MM needs to look at 12 vs 12 as the minimum target match size. This 5 vs 5 crap has to go.

This has been my observation as well. There may be 20 pilots in queue in tier 6, then a match of 3 vs 3 is made. Go figure. :sceptic:

BrushWolf #10 Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Just waited 6 minutes with 6 in my tier and got a 1 vs 1!

Russian Proverb

Aurabird #11 Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
The test server has such a tiny population that it's hard to tell if it's working as intended at all.

The method that should be applied here in my opinion, would be to ship 1.6 to the live servers with the 1.6 MM but hotfix it within a week or 2 after release if it's bad

BrushWolf #12 Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostAurabird, on 14 October 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

The test server has such a tiny population that it's hard to tell if it's working as intended at all.

The method that should be applied here in my opinion, would be to ship 1.6 to the live servers with the 1.6 MM but hotfix it within a week or 2 after release if it's bad

Almost 700 on right now so how it is working there is how it will work here when 1.6 goes live. Personally they need to go back to the original MM with some of the newer MM enhancements added in.

Russian Proverb

Autolycus7 #13 Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Block Quote

New players will be getting into the battles with other beginners for a longer period of time before being matched up with more experienced players

How is this based? My concern here is that people that have gamed the system (abusing poorly balanced mechanics) have been able to progress far more easily, in far fewer battles, than newbies that will take dozens as many battles to achieve the same.

Mountains are OP. Nerf plz.
Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
Dignum laude virum Musa vetat mori, cœlo Musa beat.

Aurabird #14 Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostBrushWolf, on 15 October 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Almost 700 on right now so how it is working there is how it will work here when 1.6 goes live. Personally they need to go back to the original MM with some of the newer MM enhancements added in.

I normally don't get on the CT at this time (still haven't been on yet today, it's almost 6:30am lol) so I only see the CT when its population is 200-

MO_E #15 Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Was on from 4 AM to 6 AM Central, this morning.

Got a lot of long wait times. Short battles, even thou Q showed more available.

Seems like MM is getting worse. Never any full flights even when Q had 15 t4s,,,20 t5s,,,an 10 t6s..

Saw numbers like that a lot and still LOOONG wait times and SHORT flights.

Gets frustrating watching your tier build up an up, with 3 to 5 min in Q just to see that 2/3s of that

tier went in and you didn`t. Then you wait and get into a battle of 3x3 everyone on your side are low alt. fighters

all on other side are high alt fighters...  No flights were out there yet so that didn`t figure in yet..

MO

Dlasi #16 Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
server pop is too low to accurately judge mm (in my humble opinion). But I would rather have 2 tier spreads than 3v3 battles...

ArrowZ_ #17 Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
This is kind of a dead end. Can't base hard feedback and analysis on a degraded population in CT. When will WG get the message that you need to test the MM en mass?

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #18 Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
I played at almost 800 pop this morning and the MM worked pretty dang well. No complaints, but it did get pretty messy when the pop was at like 300 last night.

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

Fuzzybrainlizard #19 Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 13 October 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

The vets who clubbed me over and over and over TAUGHT me. They taught me to no attack GTs with a LF, they taught me to no be by myself, they taught me to use the compare thing to see who I did no need to turn on, and to work as a team as much as possible.

^^ this

Fuzzybrainlizard #20 Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
It is really hard to test the test server with a low turnout.  I waited 15 minutes for matches in the higher tiers last night (EST).   Is MM keeping beginners and vets together?  Could WG put a flash screen when loading the regular game advertising the test?   I rarely read the launch screen on the regular game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users