CT 1.6 control changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Control changes (28 members have cast votes)

Has the roll/pitch input with mouse and keyboard improved?

1. Yes! Being able to roll and pitch with mouse and keyboard makes for a much better experience. (14 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. I have not noticed the change. (14 votes [50.00%])

Responsiveness when automatically rolling in turns has increased. Has that helped you?

1. I use the auto-roll, and find that it responds much better than before. (7 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. I use the auto-roll, but this change is not that different from the previous response level. (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. I use the auto-roll, and it feels less responsive than before. (1 vote [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

4. I have "auto-roll in turns" unchecked. (14 votes [50.00%])

Have you found the reticle jitters less in turns?

1. Yes! It feels much more stable. (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. Not particularly. (22 votes [78.57%])

Percentage of vote: 78.57%

Vote Hide poll

ArrowZ_ #21 Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9554 battles

View PostAurabird, on 15 October 2014 - 05:28 AM, said:

As someone who flys with that kind of ping on a regular basis here on the NA server.

Depends on the server's stability. NA is commonly known for Packet Losses that occurs every minute, while the RU server is as smooth as a baby's bottom with little lag noticeable except for the inflated Latencies, which affects everyone that's outside RU region. How the RU test server is alot smoother than the NA official server is beyond me :veryhappy:

@gunlion

Regarding some of the feedback made about the joystick controls, nothing should have been changed. Not sure why some people might be seeing differences from 1.5; it might also be a side effect of the latency. 

I can confirm it is the latency that makes the controls "freak out" and feel sluggish 99% of the time. Not only just the Joystick is affected, all control schemes are. All of us in the Eastern part of the world suffer 200-300+ latency and the controls are almost always sluggish to say the least. So this is nothing new and I'm sure alot of people already know about these ping related issues with controls, especially those who play wowp outside of the NA region.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 15 October 2014 - 01:16 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

TeamTerrible #22 Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 45103 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Back to the old drawing board.

Cuesta_Rey #23 Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6491 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View Postwooly_bear, on 14 October 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

I am hoping that is what it is.  As mentioned earlier, the ping is most likely the problem.  I have given up on the test server because it is impossible to hit anything.  I hope the Russians are giving good feedback because it will be hard for us to give an accurate report here in the U.S.

Impossible to hit anything? You ran right through me while you were in your Me262, so at least ramming is still viable. :teethhappy:

Fastlane16 #24 Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:14 AM

Senior Airman

• 10004 battles
  • [F-D] F-D
Are you kidding about the joystick? Everyone i know that uses it Quit Completly after 1.5 came out and gunlion says he hasnt heard much about it lol.

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #25 Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles
As a mouse flyer, I can say I don't really have any complaints except that my planes will sometimes get stuck at like a 110 degree angle for about a second. It's not a major issue, it's just somewhat annoying. Overall, they seem pretty good though, for mouse at least.

"It's about to get real inky in here!!!"

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining in my posts 

And why do we balance???

maurice4909 #26 Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17189 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Bring back the split S slider. Please !

Before 1.5 and 1.6 was able to do a split S dive with just one down movement of mouse hit flaps(E) key press(S) and be on enemy tail.

NOW. Press(D) begin roll, moving the mouse to continue roll, hit flaps, press brake and hope you haven't over rolled, or plane wants to right

it self while turning and firing. Losing track of target, then when try to pitch up, plane goes into immediate roll over without pitching.

Granted 1.6 is a little better with roll turn rate, but could still use improvement

MO

Rarearth #27 Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 36529 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Edited by Rarearth, 16 October 2014 - 03:53 AM.

Fuzzybrainlizard #28 Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7316 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
I might have to try mouse keyboard combo.  Using a stick on the test server is useless, for the most part.  It seems the default setup for the Logitech 3D was tweaked.  The mapping of the buttons is off from the original setup in CBT and pre 1.5.     Wish there was a test server in NA.  
Fuzzybrainlizard

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #29 Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles
I turned my level off roll rate up. That fixed the plane getting stuck in an akward position problem.

- Carl the Cuttlefish, the artist formerly known as S01836775, now in an all new user friendly format.

And why do we balance???

Dlasi #30 Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9926 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I have to say wargaming, that after play a few more games the latency is a huge issue for us from NA. It is so bad that most of us are trying to estimate how the game will be without it there when we give feedback about flight characteristics, controls, damage output, and plane changes/balancing. This is a known issue, and I wish you would show us some more love. You say you need people to test and give feedback, and we do without getting anything in return, and yet you don't give us the proper tools to evaluate it correctly...

TwistedKestrel #31 Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11640 battles
  • [KAIJU] KAIJU
Latency is probably what I'm experiencing - feels like flying in soup. Don't think I flew in CT 1.5 so I have nothing to compare it with other than 1.5 live. 
There are no bombers in the game.

Rarearth #32 Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

• 36529 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I am having a problem with the way the iL recovers from a turn it hangs up and by the time it settles I ;m past the target .its not that I don't go far enuff away it just freezes at 90 degrees for a few seconds ,but the rest of it is good ,no more nose dive when you turn .and it turns quick .if it did not hang up it would be sweet. Still messing with the mouse control but havent figured it out yet.

Carl_the_Cuttlefish #33 Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3930 battles

View PostRarearth, on 15 October 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I am having a problem with the way the iL recovers from a turn it hangs up and by the time it settles I ;m past the target .its not that I don't go far enuff away it just freezes at 90 degrees for a few seconds ,but the rest of it is good ,no more nose dive when you turn .and it turns quick .if it did not hang up it would be sweet. Still messing with the mouse control but havent figured it out yet.

Increase the level off roll rate. It sounds like you had the same problem I did.

And why do we balance???

FryaDuck #34 Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:56 AM

Squadron Leader Knucklehead

• Alpha tester
  • 2995 battles

View Postgunlion, on 15 October 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

I do apologize for the latency. Thanks for sticking with it to help test out controls. 

Regarding some of the feedback made about the joystick controls, nothing should have been changed. Not sure why some people might be seeing differences from 1.5; it might also be a side effect of the latency. 

You haven't offered anything to people who would normally play at that latency.
Oderint, dum metuant, tunc ad infernum - Let them hate as long as they fear then go to hell
1st AlphaAce IL-2 (t)(Air)

MARS_REVENANT #35 Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

having issues with the pitch and yaw keys (using mouse and keyboard)

in 1.5 you can hit pitch up and it will make a perfect loop but it will keep the camera and aiming circle pointed forward.  On the CT you it pitch up and after about 90 degrees the plane rolls and flips back towards the centre of the screen, I think what it is reacting to is where the aiming circle is pointed which is weird.  you would have to track the progress of the loop with your mouse in order to continue past 90 degrees, but it is really difficult.

Similarly when using yaw keys in 1.5 the plane will flat turn but the aiming circle would remain pointing straignt forward, now in 1.6 seems to have gone back to the 1.4 setting where you have to track the reticle with the aiming circle so the plane will flat turn without trying to flip back to where the aiming circle is pointed.

Not sure exactly how to fix this or how it should work, I was hoping that if you use the pitch or yaw keys, that they would govern over your aiming circle (mouse) and keep the camera pointed in the same direction as the plane.

Edited by THEMARCO1979, 16 October 2014 - 05:31 PM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MARS_REVENANT #36 Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:47 AM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

There still seems to be an issue when you move your mouse down, and instead of your plane pitching down, it rolls over.... this is really annoying when flying an IL.

Also when you are in a turn and lets say your wings are completely vertical, of you turn hard in the other direction without using a roll key, rather than the plane rolling in the other direction, the wings stay vertical and the plane does like an inverted loop.

Both of these started with the 1.5 updates.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users