CT 1.6 reward coefficient adjustments

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Reward coefficient changes (18 members have cast votes)

Are you pleased with the experience increase for tier III-X planes?

1. Yes! This change is very welcome, and the amount of the increase for each tier is good. (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. I am happy with it, but I think that the exp reward should be higher. (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. I feel that we do not need increased experience rewards. (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

What is your opinion on the adjustments to credit earnings based on plane type?

1. I believe that fighters should earn more credits for their contribution (vs. ground attack aircraft) due to the higher difficulty. (5 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. I feel that ground attack aircraft should be compensated more than fighters, due to their contributions toward superiority. (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Credits should be equal between fighters and ground attack aircraft as they both contribute meaningfully to the team. (11 votes [61.11%])

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

Vote Hide poll

gunlion #1 Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

Community Manager

• 1284 battles

Following player feedback and the analysis of statistical data from Update 1.5, we have adjusted the reward coefficients for all planes

Experience income:

• Average experience earning increased for III-X tier planes.
  • Experience earned is now proportionate across all plane types in the same tier.

Credit income:

• Average credits earning increased for fighters, slightly reduced for ground attack planes.
  • Credit earning changed for different tiers:
    • average earning increased for I-III tier planes;
    • aligned earning for IV-X tier planes;
    • earning of ground attack planes was brought up to the average earning of other classes at the same tier.

Have these changes seemed beneficial to you on the Common Test server? 

Ens #2 Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• 9399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I'm sure no one will complain about more XP and more sliver across the board - but the test server really does not allow these types of changes to be evaluated in the slightest.

However, on live at the moment, it is common for GA's to pull 60% more XP than fighters - and that just isn't right ;)

Ens #3 Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:01 AM

Master Sergeant

• 9399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I've filed this in the BUGS topic - http://forum.worldof...gative-free-xp/

Given the low posting rate and lack of a home for this - check this XP mess out. notice the NEGATIVE free XP! and the fact that i cannot research this module because my net XP is not sufficient 

http://i.imgur.com/BuIvkt0.jpg

Edited by Ens, 14 October 2014 - 02:15 PM.

Cyke82 #4 Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:36 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11770 battles

View PostEns, on 14 October 2014 - 12:42 AM, said:

I'm sure no one will complain about more XP and more sliver across the board - but the test server really does not allow these types of changes to be evaluated in the slightest.

However, on live at the moment, it is common for GA's to pull 60% more XP than fighters - and that just isn't right ;)

Like he said, it's tough to do, even after you account for the multiplier.  Can you tell us how exactly they were changed (+20% xp for damage to aircraft, -10% xp for damage to ground targets, etc.)?  Thanks!

dityboycom #5 Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:47 PM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

I picked the best choices, un able to log in but from a current game stand point.

I don't think GAA should necessarily be docked Credits at all, as I fly mostly GAA and I rarely break even and the times I do make some decent coin makes up for the last few times I lost 4 - 5k credits even with a win and 100 supremacy points. This is with a premium account, I can only imagine how stressful and expensive a GAA would be with a standard account. I'm not sure credits were ever an issue with GAA, just the lack of XP for the light/heavies which is a good turn around. The economy for the GAA is stable the way it is, and should not be touched.

WOW

DrSinister #6 Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Yes, with the bloated EXP and Credit earnings on the CT server, there is no way to comment on this at this time.  This will have to be commented once the patch goes live.

Psicko23 #7 Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19033 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

With the extra silver and xp given during CT testing, this topic cannot be properly evaluated. Unless that is how it is going to be in the live server....

Dlasi #8 Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9926 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I can't judge this on the test server.

gunlion #9 Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:25 AM

Community Manager

• 1284 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 14 October 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

With the extra silver and xp given during CT testing, this topic cannot be properly evaluated. Unless that is how it is going to be in the live server....

View PostDlasi, on 14 October 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

I can't judge this on the test server.

Fair points, folks. It was good seeing your opinions on the hypotheticals, however! :tongue:

Rarearth #10 Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:12 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 38609 battles

View PostCyke82, on 14 October 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Edited by Rarearth, 16 October 2014 - 03:56 AM.

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

Major

• 33800 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Cant really tell because of the scale CT rewards.

When 1.5.0 came out credits and EXP for GA planes was way too low.  1.5.1 fixed that, although I will admit that the EXP on GA planes is really high at tier 9 and 10.

I would suggest that a GA plane earning 75 points (thunder medal) should earn the same as a fighter earning 75 points (ace medal) for both exp and credits.  Repair an resupply costs need to be accounted for so adjust between the two accordingly for credits.

Basically right now in 1.5.1 I see the credits for GA at a good level and the EXP to be slightly high.  The credits for fighters seems to be a bit low currently at hight tiers.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

dityboycom #12 Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 15 October 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Cant really tell because of the scale CT rewards.

When 1.5.0 came out credits and EXP for GA planes was way too low.  1.5.1 fixed that, although I will admit that the EXP on GA planes is really high at tier 9 and 10.

I would suggest that a GA plane earning 75 points (thunder medal) should earn the same as a fighter earning 75 points (ace medal) for both exp and credits.  Repair an resupply costs need to be accounted for so adjust between the two accordingly for credits.

Basically right now in 1.5.1 I see the credits for GA at a good level and the EXP to be slightly high.  The credits for fighters seems to be a bit low currently at hight tiers.

If I could like this, I would.

WOW

woofman34 #13 Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 6650 battles
  • [SG] SG
Its been 3 updates now on test server and I still am not able to research anything or use gold .. stuck with tier 1 planes and 1 gift plane tier 7

dityboycom #14 Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

It would be nice if winning the game resulted in the lowest amount of credits regardless of plane you're flying on to break even. It's annoying to win games with significant amount of damage done but no kills and still walk away with a 5 - 15k loss in credits.

WOW

ViolentAngel #15 Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16644 battles

Gunlion, I don't understand the experience coefficient here. It used to be that if you were bottom tier, you would earn more experience.  If you did more damage, you would earn more experience.  Is this no longer the case?  I got a Thunder this match in a bottom tier GAA, but was out-earned in experience by 3 top-tier friendlies.  More disturbing is that I barely earn more than the IL on the opposing team (he did well, but he died and lost in the end).

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

dityboycom #16 Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:23 PM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

mk might have hit more armored targets than you.

Armored targets are worth more experience than yellow targets. 

WOW

ViolentAngel #17 Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16644 battles
That is probably true. The point is I'm a T6 GAA getting Thunder on T7 targets.  If we were both T7 I would concede the point quite happily. I am also out-earned by the two fighters on my team (both T7) and neither got an Ace (Ace and Thunder are supposed to be "equivalent", are they not?)

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

Wartot #18 Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• 12272 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
In my opinion it's way too much experience

pyantoryng #19 Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12379 battles

You know there's the reward before bonus shown in the first screen?

The CT bonus is shown in percentage on the third tab (up to 8900% for tier IX)...that said, there's no chance to experiment with "farming" state because of all the high tier pop, but GA experience does become more reasonable.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

dityboycom #20 Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

Colonel

• 10175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostJekyll_n_Hyde, on 19 October 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

That is probably true. The point is I'm a T6 GAA getting Thunder on T7 targets.  If we were both T7 I would concede the point quite happily. I am also out-earned by the two fighters on my team (both T7) and neither got an Ace (Ace and Thunder are supposed to be "equivalent", are they not?)

Like Wartot, everyone cried about GAA getting too much credit for doing a "Mindless simple job." Regardless of the general pop not having the ability to do it effectively and with out lawn darting. That being said, WG listened and they adjusted the values accordingly. I'm not sure if there has ever been a bonus for being a lower tier hitting higher tier targets, if there was I never noticed it on the live server while progressing through my IL line. This screen shot would be a good representation of WG listening to their customer base and disappointing those who actually appreciate a GAA's role, and appeasing the majority who don't enjoy the GAA line and make proclamations of how easy it is because they have never been challenged while playing it.

Anyone who can pull off a thunder badge, get a kill or two and still survive in a game of 15 is someone who would appreciate the GAA's job and why they are rewarded so handsomely. I've watched the majority of people I've seen whine on these forums about GAA in their own GAA and saw them struggling to pull 60 points in a game with 4 IL's and no fighters. They're the ones upset that they got rewarded so much experience for their poop effort, because to them it was simple and mindless. Unfortunately they didn't look up and realize how far behind the curve they are and that it might actually take some form of methodology, temperance, and patience to succeed with out failure. Then they make their way here and scream for a nerf, resulting in us who have grown to appreciate and master the IL line suffer and be forced to move on to something else.

In it self, might not be a bad thing! From what I've read, this is common place in WoWP and the more experienced veterans use these waves of nerfs and buffs to max out each of their lines. While others see them as exploits, and "Over Powered," the veterans seem to see things as an opportunity. So you have to ask yourself, are you ready for the next opportunity?

WOW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users