Zapperguy's 1st Person Only Camera Mod for Joystick Users

first person 1st person camera mod camera mod Zapperguy 1st joystick

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Bear_1947 #21 Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 43 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Sort of figured that the issue was in the game. So anyone wanting Look Up needs to bind Hat Up to Look Down. BTW works really well and is a big help to TnB pilots who don't or can't get altitude. You can look up to see the 109 dropping on top of you and hopefully avoid him.

WoTSig_zps60137acc.png

Zapperguy #22 Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
:playing:

Great_Balls_O_Fire #23 Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• 219 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Hey there Zapperguy.  I've just recently seen a video of you with your first person cam and I liked what I saw.  I have downloaded the file but need to know exact instructions for getting this into my game.  I'd appreciate any help you could give me.  Thanks.

GBOF

Zapperguy #24 Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Don't use the file here (OP edited to link to Doc's mods as well).  Use the one included in DrSinister's mod pack.  He uses an auto-installer - couldn't be easier.  You can select only my cam mod if you don't want any of the others in his pack, but that is the only current version of my mod. Hope you enjoy it.  Happy to help if you have any other questions.

:honoring:

Edited by Zapperguy, 25 October 2015 - 05:59 AM.

Great_Balls_O_Fire #25 Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 219 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bladethekilla #26 Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

Airman Basic

• 103 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

View PostZapperguy, on 13 October 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Really? Nobody's brave enough to give up the totally unrealistic 3rd person view for a pilot's perspective? Where are the real joystick pilots?

:trollface:

I actually prefer the realistic first person view while flying. I currently just have default setting and use hat up to track target, and that's the closest i get to first person, For me ive always flown that way in sims, its like driving a car, you get a better feel for the size speed turning from that view, and when using first person you are better able to orient and maneuver to better more efficient approaches for attack not to mention better timing when turning in on someone,,,,, Back in the day when playing A10 warthog i used the IR TRACKER PRO..... once i got use to that perspective, nothing else was even close to good... Flash now to WoPlanes... The One and only Knock i have on this game is that it is not compatible with the IR Tracker PRO, I think for tanks ships and planes it would be tits........ But if you say you have a first person pilot in cockpit view with no plane in the middle ill take it.... where do i sign up is ok for new update..

When i switched from mouse to joystick in June i was forced to use snap to target view as substitute, after i slowed the camera speed to the slowest transition it made it so i could switch from front sights to track target without getting dizzy, and loosing my orientation from front of plane........ It only took me 1 or two months to get use to that view, and also the joystick and controls..... Let me sayl my stats doubled as a result of switcing to joystick. I had played the game for a good 1.5 years under mouse because the joystick control early on wasn't there. But once i reallized taht i really didnt have any control over the plane other then 10 percent changes to thrust, but if you try to just turn slightly the computer would over controll every surface to point you in the fright directtoin....Good for making quick moves, bad for shooting accuracey, bad for speed/energy managmet... If you are able to turn with just 5 percent stick and use feather the trottle just to about 80 percent into the turn the accelerate out of it like a race car you begin to notice that you have more speed, with more speed comes more control, and you actully have to use stick and rudder together but once u learn i swear to you my freinds you have more control over your whole plane and therfore more options. just sticking with not useing the mouse camera to point the plane and go...... Another thing, you actually learn how to control the plane, and not just point the mouse and go that way....... once you get it the orientation in the cockpit down and learn the controls you become way more intuitive with your overall situational awareness and attitude/speed. And ability to dodge and or kill anything you want.

Edited by Bladethekilla, 28 January 2016 - 09:29 AM.

Zapperguy #27 Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

DrSinister's mod installer has not yet been updated for 1.9.3, but if you use it anyway, you will just have to move the files from folder 1.9.2 (default location: C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\res_mods\1.9.2) to folder 1.9.3 (default: C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\res_mods\1.9.3) and it will work just fine. Any problems post here, Doc's thread, or PM me & I'll help you sort it out.

Hope to see you in the skies!

JoinTheEighty8 #28 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

Airman Basic

• 2 battles
  • [-88-] -88-
Mod doesn't work for.  I still see my plane.  And now the aiming cross is actually right in the middle of the plane,, which is worse.  I just want to fly WITHOUT seeing my own plane.  Fully zoomed OUT.  How do i do this?  I have installed other mods with success. Not this one.

Bubba_Zanetti #29 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJoinTheEighty8, on 07 October 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Mod doesn't work for.  I still see my plane.  And now the aiming cross is actually right in the middle of the plane,, which is worse.  I just want to fly WITHOUT seeing my own plane.  Fully zoomed OUT.  How do i do this?  I have installed other mods with success. Not this one.

Did you try PM'ing Zap to figure it out instead of acting like a tool on a public forum?

Zapperguy #30 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostJoinTheEighty8, on 07 October 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

You need to stick to a single thread on this. All you have to do is scroll your mouse wheel 1 click in. It is the exact same camera view as fully zoomed out, but with the plane model hidden.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #31 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

3 years from his first post...

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 07 October 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Did you try PM'ing Zap to figure it out instead of acting like a tool on a public forum?

20 months since the last post...

View PostJoinTheEighty8, on 07 October 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

someone might need training in social skills... typing in caps is yelling/demanding and a simple please could go a long way

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Zapperguy #32 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostZapperguy, on 07 December 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

If you are scrolled all the way out, your camera is pretty much where the pilot's head is; so, you'll see the prop/nose of the plane. It can sometimes block your view a bit, but when you look with your hat switch, you see wingtips and tail as you pan around. One notch in is the same camera position but with the model hidden (that's how I fly). Unfortunately hiding the model also hides wingtips in the hat view, but your view will never be blocked by the model. Further in on the mouse wheel zooms incrementally until you reach sniper view. Hope you enjoy the mod.

This was the 18th post in this very thread. I can honestly say the mod is "Working as intended".

:)

Edited by Zapperguy, 08 October 2017 - 12:06 AM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #33 Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Hey Zap, how did you get your mod to work?

I've tried everything. I've even tried editing your mod and it just doesn't show any of the changes working at all.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Zapperguy #34 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 29 October 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

Hey Zap, how did you get your mod to work?

I've tried everything. I've even tried editing your mod and it just doesn't show any of the changes working at all.

Did you either rename/delete the cacheddb.bin file, or use the blank one included with my updated mod? http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/50308-1st-person-only-camera-mod-for-20

Did you clear your cache?

Edited by Zapperguy, 29 October 2017 - 08:38 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #35 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I copied the cacheddb.bin file from the res folder and copied it into the res_mods folder and cleared everything inside it. I used the clear WOWP cache batch file from 1.9 to clear the cache. I tried turning the models back off and on, I tired changing the distance of the camera by editing these lines

<zoomTable>
      <zoomPreset>
        <id> normalCombat </id>
        <normalZoomData>
          <position>0 5.5 -34.0</position>
          <fovPercent>0.84</fovPercent>
          <angle>0.0</angle>
          <hideModel> 0 </hideModel>
        </normalZoomData>
        <sniperZoomData>
          <position>0 2.4 -0.5</position>
          <fovPercent>0.3</fovPercent>
          <angle>0.0</angle>
          <hideModel> 1 </hideModel>
        </sniperZoomData>
      </zoomPreset>

No changes were enacted, but when I loaded your mod in the changes you made worked. When I tired editing your mod to show the model it still had the models hidden even when I put zeros in all of the proper tags.

I've tried deleting the cacheddb in the res folder but my game wouldn't load fully when I tried that.

Another perplexing thing is that when I changed the center of mass position in the aircrafts xml graphically, my plane was in the same spot on the screen, but the server still calculated the change in position of the plane. This means I was able to fly my plane through the ground without receiving damage. This was also proven when I was rammed headon by a bot but my plane was a good 50ft below the oncoming bot.

My hunch is the changes as happening but the game isn't graphically displaying them.:unsure:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Zapperguy #36 Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 30 October 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

I copied the cacheddb.bin file from the res folder and copied it into the res_mods folder and cleared everything inside it. I used the clear WOWP cache batch file from 1.9 to clear the cache. I tried turning the models back off and on, I tired changing the distance of the camera by editing these lines

<zoomTable>
      <zoomPreset>
        <id> normalCombat </id>
        <normalZoomData>
          <position>0 5.5 -34.0</position>
          <fovPercent>0.84</fovPercent>
          <angle>0.0</angle>
          <hideModel> 0 </hideModel>
        </normalZoomData>
        <sniperZoomData>
          <position>0 2.4 -0.5</position>
          <fovPercent>0.3</fovPercent>
          <angle>0.0</angle>
          <hideModel> 1 </hideModel>
        </sniperZoomData>
      </zoomPreset>

No changes were enacted, but when I loaded your mod in the changes you made worked. When I tired editing your mod to show the model it still had the models hidden even when I put zeros in all of the proper tags.

I've tried deleting the cacheddb in the res folder but my game wouldn't load fully when I tried that.

Another perplexing thing is that when I changed the center of mass position in the aircrafts xml graphically, my plane was in the same spot on the screen, but the server still calculated the change in position of the plane. This means I was able to fly my plane through the ground without receiving damage. This was also proven when I was rammed headon by a bot but my plane was a good 50ft below the oncoming bot.

My hunch is the changes as happening but the game isn't graphically displaying them.:unsure:

I struggled initially trying to mod this because much like yourself, I didn't see my initial changes. I ended up making some blanket changes throughout the file before it "took". I tried changing specific files for the various cameras, but it wouldn't show them until I changed every camera. It's as glitchy as the rest of 2.0; so, at least they're consistent. I recall flying "through" a few ground objects, but I also crashed a few times when I didn't think I was that low. So, You may be on to something with the game not properly displaying the changes.

All that said, it was still better playing with my mod than it is stock.

Edited by Zapperguy, 30 October 2017 - 09:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users