• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Zapperguy #1 Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Zapperguy's 1st Person Only Camera Mod for Joystick Users

I posted this in Doc's mod thread as well, but that thread is at 39 pages and I thought it might get missed.

These steps need to be done to get the any modded XMLs to work (this is all done for you by using DrSinister's mod installer):

1. Go to World_of_Warplanes\res\scripts\db
  2. Delete or rename cacheddb.bin

First person only with a few levels of zoom.

Camera modded for joystick scheme only.  Players using other control devices will not have the same views as someone using a joystick.  Sorry mouse guys.

Video

The current version of my mod can be found in DrSinister's mod pack with auto-installer.  Simply select the mod(s) you like from the list, and the installer puts 'em where they need to go.

View PostZapperguy, on 04 October 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

You can use my 1st-person-only camera mod to achieve this. It is an option in Dr Sinister's mod installer. I believe it is also available in the PigeonPak mod installer - not sure about LVMP.

If you just want my mod and nothing else to pick through, here is a link: https://mega.nz/#!dZgVwL5T!4tq56eIGMMbr0ac9DROYR2FYohSBCHWLX12u1lv3tYU

Unzip it and paste the 1.9.11.0 folder into your res_mods folder telling Windows to merge the two 1.9.11.0 folders when you're asked.

You must also delete or rename the cacheddb.bin file located here: C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\res\scripts\db

Then, with the game shut down, clear your cache, and start your game.

Clearing the cache made easy

If you don't have a shortcut to clear your cache, download this file to your desktop: https://mega.nz/#!QNADnLha!dC3rXoNl_IpzPuH2gumG2BPNm_1ya_YGsqTDb0omHrI

I keep mine right next to my WoWP shortcut and clear the cache EVERY time before I start the game. As previously stated, you can only clear your cache if the game is NOT running. To use it you simply double-click it. It takes a split-second and depending on the speed of your PC you may see a dos window flash on the screen. That's it; then, start your game.

:honoring:

View PostZapperguy, on 04 October 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Your file tree should look like this:

I know you said you couldn't find the cacheddb.bin file anywhere. Browse to C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\res\scripts\db (note that this is not your res_mods folder)

In that db folder, you will find a file called: aircraft_camera_presets.xml You can rename that file (eg: aircraft_camera_presets_old.xml), and then plop my modded version directly in there. Remember to look again in that db folder for the cacheddb.bin file and if you find it, rename or delete it.

With your game not running, clear your cache, then start it and see what you've got.

*** My camera mod only works properly with a joystick. ***

My next suggestion is to use DrSinister's installer and only select my camera mod from the menu and install it that way. If you don't use a stick, get DrSinister's camera mod instead. His has 3rd person except when you zoom all the way in which is planeless 1st person like mine(not sniper view).

Good Luck!

Anybody trying this mod, please leave some feedback, so I know if it needs tweaking. Thanks and happy flying.

Edited by Zapperguy, 07 October 2017 - 11:59 PM.

Hoping they pull the plug altogether on WoWP at this point.

Zapperguy #2 Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Really? Nobody's brave enough to give up the totally unrealistic 3rd person view for a pilot's perspective? Where are the real joystick pilots?

:trollface:

Olaffe #3 Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 13805 battles

I'm interested in trying it, however, the download link did not work for me?  I'm not sure why?

Thanks

Bill

Zapperguy #4 Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

I sent you a working link in a PM. It's the same link as above, but as you'll see from the highlighting I have to put a space in the link to post it publicly. Hope you enjoy the mod.

Olaffe #5 Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 13805 battles

I had a little trouble, because I already had a bunch of mods and did not want to copy your mod over my existing mod.  So I tried to take the parts out and copy them to my res_mod folder.

At first it was not working, because I think I may have pasted or deleted something I should not have.   I finally got it working and like it.  The only thing I don't like is when I use "snap to"  it shows the plane as really big and the image splits in half.  This is a little distracting.  I would rather not see the plane when I use "snap to".  Is there anyway to fix that?   Another thing that was good and bad is that when I right click the mouse for a free look, the view is not as zoomed out as when the plane is out in front of me without the mod.  However, I can move the mouse wheel back and it seems like I can zoom it out a lot more than without the mod.

I think once I get used to it, it will be great.    Thanks again

Bill

Olaffe #6 Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 13805 battles

What is strange is I looked at the root directory again and noticed that I have taken out your aircraft camera presets.   However, they are working?  I also put cached.db.bin back into the res folder?     I was trying to get it back to the way it was before.  Unfortunately, I did not keep a copy of my res_mod folder.   Maybe I am just tired?

Bill

buddha222 #7 Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 6335 battles
I'd try it out, but will probably wait til after the patch. Have you tried it in 1.6?

Alpha Tester - WoWp                         Alpha Tester - WoT: Generals                Alpha Tester  - WoWs           

World of Tanks Stats:            Battles: 23,000               Kills: 19,000              Personal Rating: 5,000                           

Zapperguy #8 Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Not tried 1.6 yet. I refuse to "test" anything else for them. I'll post here if it's working after the patch.

SkyWolf__WM #9 Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32357 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I'm too dumb to know what you mean. I thought it already was 3rd person.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Olaffe #10 Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 13805 battles

1st person is when your plane is removed from the view. 3rd person is when your plane is in view.  The mouse right click, free look is different also.  The first person view reduces my situational awareness.  The further back I am from the plane the more I can see around the sides of the plane.

Bill

DrSinister #11 Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:15 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostZapperguy, on 22 October 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Not tried 1.6 yet. I refuse to "test" anything else for them. I'll post here if it's working after the patch.

Should still work, my Camera Mod still worked for 1.6, actually all my mods still worked excepted for Ground/Air Target Icons and Lead Indicators, because they moved the Lead Indicators into the same file that has the Ground/Air Target Icons.

BAD_KARMA__ #12 Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 19025 battles
  • [BAD-K] BAD-K
Is there a way to turn the view on and off?

www.JointAirCommand.com 

Join the JACS Clan   

Get your own FREE Gamevox server

Greeting and Good Hunting to everyone. <(-_-)

LaSandren, Commander, J.A.C.S.

losttwo #13 Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

What is the difference between flying with your mod and flying in sniper mode ?

the video only shows the lack of "plane" in 100%  what about flight ?

Edited by losttwo, 03 December 2014 - 10:27 AM.

DrSinister #14 Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postlosttwo, on 03 December 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

What is the difference between flying with your mod and flying in sniper mode ?

the video only shows the lack of "plane" in 100%  what about flight ?

The 1st person view is an unzoomed in view w/o the plane.  Sniper view is roughly a 70% zoom in, so a lot less FoV vs the Unzoomed 1st person view.

losttwo #15 Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostDrSinister, on 03 December 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

The 1st person view is an unzoomed in view w/o the plane.  Sniper view is roughly a 70% zoom in, so a lot less FoV vs the Unzoomed 1st person view.

:honoring: thanks

Zapperguy #16 Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

The current version of my camera mod is included in DrSinister's mod installer from this thread.

Bear_1947 #17 Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4869 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Just found this. That's what happens when you don't read things through completely.  :facepalm:

Will try this as soon as I get home!!!. Am used to 1st person view in all my other sims, took some mental retraining to get used to 3rd person. Right now with the mods the aiming reticle is about at the top of the vertical stabilizer. Quick question: in other 1st person games if you look right or left you see the wings of your plane, is it the same with this? No big deal just wondering. Also can you switch between views?

Edited by CalicoJack_2014, 07 December 2014 - 05:14 PM.

WoTSig_zps60137acc.png

Zapperguy #18 Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

If you are scrolled all the way out, your camera is pretty much where the pilot's head is; so, you'll see the prop/nose of the plane. It can sometimes block your view a bit, but when you look with your hat switch, you see wingtips and tail as you pan around. One notch in is the same camera position but with the model hidden (that's how I fly). Unfortunately hiding the model also hides wingtips in the hat view, but your view will never be blocked by the model. Further in on the mouse wheel zooms incrementally until you reach sniper view. Hope you enjoy the mod.

Bear_1947 #19 Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4869 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

+1 on the mod!!! I left you a message about the mod. But It WORKS!!!. It is great for joystick users who have flown flight sims for awhile. It has definitely improved my game and I need all the help I can get!! :playing:

BTW I changed my hat settings to look up when pushed up and IDK if it is in the mod or in the game settings but when I changed the look up setting to hat up it looked down so I changed it to look down and it looks up. No big problem but a little disconcerting the first time you use it expecting to look up and see the ground.

Edited by CalicoJack_2014, 10 December 2014 - 12:49 PM.

WoTSig_zps60137acc.png

DrSinister #20 Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:05 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCalicoJack_2014, on 10 December 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

+1 on the mod!!! I left you a message about the mod. But It WORKS!!!. It is great for joystick users who have flown flight sims for awhile. It has definitely improved my game and I need all the help I can get!! :playing:

BTW I changed my hat settings to look up when pushed up and IDK if it is in the mod or in the game settings but when I changed the look up setting to hat up it looked down so I changed it to look down and it looks up. No big problem but a little disconcerting the first time you use it expecting to look up and see the ground.

That's an issue with the way the game binding HAT Up and HAT Down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users